Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,956 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

Why Is No One Talking About Networking Here - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Why Is No One Talking About Networking Here (1995 Views)

Free C++ Reliable UDP Networking Library / Mastering Python - Networking And Security Training Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is No One Talking About Networking Here by spytime(m): 8:49am On Mar 14, 2015
Morn to u all the gurus I respectfuly doff my cap for you all, but pls is it only programming that is good and worthwhile in ICT world? What about networking? Or is networking not as good as programming? Please help my wondering mind God bless you all
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Networking Here by naijatechworld: 7:15pm On Mar 14, 2015
That is probably because this section is basically just for 'PROGRAMMING' as u can see from the title. If u want Networking u might have 2 go to Webmasters or Phone Section in Nairaland.
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Networking Here by HCpaul(m): 4:57pm On Mar 15, 2015
The science and technology section of Nairaland has drop. No resonable programmer will sacrifise his time here.
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Networking Here by maekhel(m): 5:02pm On Mar 16, 2015
spytime:
Morn to u all the gurus I respectfuly doff my cap for you all, but pls is it only programming that is good and worthwhile in ICT world? What about networking? Or is networking not as good as programming? Please help my wondering mind God bless you all
Check www.tutorialslodge.com/networking
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Networking Here by Borwe: 6:29am On Mar 17, 2015
Networking would have never existed without programming. There would be no LAN cables if there was no software to know it existed. To me I see networking as just connecting bunch of computers wireless or wired, it's the easiest thing to do. Anyones Grandma can do it.

NOTE: Sending blue tooth files is creating a network between two devices also. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Networking Here by spoilerx: 3:15pm On Mar 17, 2015
Borwe:
Networking would have never existed without programming. There would be no LAN cables if there was no software to know it existed. To me I see networking as just connecting bunch of computers wireless or wired, it's the easiest thing to do. Anyones Grandma can do it.

NOTE: Sending blue tooth files is creating a network between two devices also. grin grin grin

that's so incorrect
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Networking Here by Borwe: 7:44pm On Mar 17, 2015
spoilerx:

that's so incorrect

What is networking without a software to detect that a network even exist?
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Networking Here by spoilerx: 6:11am On Mar 18, 2015
Borwe:

What is networking without a software to detect that a network even exist?

what is software without the internet and networks?
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Networking Here by Borwe: 6:44am On Mar 18, 2015
spoilerx:

what is software without the internet and networks?

Bro, you need internet to open Microsoft word? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Networking Here by spoilerx: 1:30pm On Mar 18, 2015
Borwe:

Bro, you need internet to open Microsoft word? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

still not sure how that is funny, they both go hand in hand .
then after typing the docx file , u probably need email to send it to others .
think about cloud computing without a network infrastructure...

the most popular apps are internet based whatsapp,Facebook & co.

networking is equally as important as software.
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Networking Here by Borwe: 6:07pm On Mar 18, 2015
spoilerx:

still not sure how that is funny, they both go hand in hand .
then after typing the docx file , u probably need email to send it to others .
think about cloud computing without a network infrastructure...

the most popular apps are internet based whatsapp,Facebook & co.

networking is equally as important as software.

Softwares can exist without networks, but networks can't without software, get it? I don't need internet to create a docx, or txt file. But I need a software to send something through a network eg, LAN cable or Bluetooth.

Google to find out about this statement bellow:

"Before there was internet there were sofwares"
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Networking Here by Nobody: 8:49pm On Mar 18, 2015
Networking is made up of software that directs the networking hardware on where to send packets of data. Programmers are more into the software aspect of networking rather than the hardware which is a job left for network administrators to sort out.
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Networking Here by spoilerx: 5:32am On Mar 19, 2015
Borwe:

Softwares can exist without networks, but networks can't without software, get it? I don't need internet to create a docx, or txt file. But I need a software to send something through a network eg, LAN cable or Bluetooth.

Google to find out about this statement bellow:

"Before there was internet there were sofwares"

and before software there was electricity
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Networking Here by AAinEqGuinea: 4:36am On Mar 20, 2015
spytime:

network provisioning is integral to much of my development. You're absolutely right that I hardly see Networking discussed in Programming threads and we often can take Networking for granted (in many modern cases, ignoring networking provisioning is understandable). For example if youre developing a mobile application, the mobile device takes care of communication between Application (client, authentication, sesson) and Application (server application) while the programmer applies basic addressing directives (IP address).

More refined approaches to application development deals heavily with Networking, while other times you really dont have to bother with finite networking details.

(1) (Reply)

Licensing Software Engineers Such As Doctors, Layers And Nurses Are Licensed / The Only Thing I Know About Programming Is Its Spelling, How Do I Start? / Web Developers and Software Engineers, I Need Your Advice.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.