Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,706 members, 7,809,686 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:05 PM

Aliko Dangote To Launch $400 Million Cement Plant In Zambia - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Aliko Dangote To Launch $400 Million Cement Plant In Zambia (10832 Views)

Dangote To FG: Sell NLNG, Beef Up Reserves, And Recession Will Go By December.. / Dangote All Smiles Over His $600 Million Dangote Cement Plant In Ethiopia (photo / Dangote's $600million Cement Plant In Ethiopia (A Closer Look) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aliko Dangote To Launch $400 Million Cement Plant In Zambia by RothmasPop: 1:45pm On Mar 14, 2015
A $400 million cement plant in Zambia owned by Dangote Group will be commissioned and commence operations by the end of March, according to a report by the Lusaka Times.

Speaking to a group of Journalists on Thursday at departure at Simon Mwansa Kapwepwe International Airport in Ndola, Aliko Dangote, Africa’s richest man and owner of the Dangote Group, said that the commissioning of the new cement plant which is located in Masaiti district in the Copperbelt, had been delayed as a result of flooding and a delay in getting the requisite permits from the Zambia Environmental Management Agency (ZEMA).

“Hopefully, we will start production in the next two to three weeks or so and I think we are overcoming that. But the rainy season this year has been very intense which has given us a lesson to protect ourselves next time we are in operations. So by and large, we are pushing and the team will try and deliver the factory by the end of this month, our power is already on so we are making good progress,” Dangote said.

Once operational, the Dangote Cement Plant will have a production capacity of 1.5 million tonnes annually and will create at least 1,000 jobs.

Meanwhile, Dangote is constructing another Cement Plant in Chilanga, a small town 20 km south of Zambia’s capital city, Lusaka. The cement plant in Chilanga will cost an estimated $420 million.

“We have made good progress on the plant in Lusaka, we have already got permission to get into the land and start mining, so hopefully the same contractor might move there and build an identical plant with the one in Masaiti,” Dangote said.

Aliko Dangote has been Africa’s richest man for the past 5 years. His current fortune is estimated at $15.9 billion derived from investments in cement, sugar and flour.

– Forbes Africa
http://popafrica.com/aliko-dangote-to-launch-400-million-cement-plant-in-zambia/

http://www.forbes.com/fdc/welcome_mjx.shtml

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aliko Dangote To Launch $400 Million Cement Plant In Zambia by Noloss(f): 1:47pm On Mar 14, 2015
Hmmmm

2 Likes

Re: Aliko Dangote To Launch $400 Million Cement Plant In Zambia by RothmasPop: 3:47pm On Mar 14, 2015
Noloss:
Hmmmm
Them seal your mouth?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aliko Dangote To Launch $400 Million Cement Plant In Zambia by Noloss(f): 12:42am On Mar 15, 2015
RothmasPop:
Them seal your mouth?
If u say so

1 Like

Re: Aliko Dangote To Launch $400 Million Cement Plant In Zambia by datguru: 8:39am On Mar 15, 2015
Nice one.

I'll joining you guys soon

2 Likes

Re: Aliko Dangote To Launch $400 Million Cement Plant In Zambia by missbehave247(m): 8:39am On Mar 15, 2015
It ok
Re: Aliko Dangote To Launch $400 Million Cement Plant In Zambia by 5p1naz(m): 8:39am On Mar 15, 2015
This guy..... I just found out he is my uncle oooo...
details to come soon... police still investigating. .. tongue

2 Likes

Re: Aliko Dangote To Launch $400 Million Cement Plant In Zambia by Nobody: 8:39am On Mar 15, 2015
Dangote....proving everyday that you do not need oyel money or contract money to make it big.

But unfortunately Nigerians....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aliko Dangote To Launch $400 Million Cement Plant In Zambia by Tic4tac(m): 8:39am On Mar 15, 2015
Ok
Re: Aliko Dangote To Launch $400 Million Cement Plant In Zambia by bigt2(m): 8:40am On Mar 15, 2015
Ok. Watch out for me in some years. He will envy me. cool

1 Like

Re: Aliko Dangote To Launch $400 Million Cement Plant In Zambia by emmabest2000(m): 8:40am On Mar 15, 2015
GOODLUCK Till 2019 shikina...

12 Likes

Re: Aliko Dangote To Launch $400 Million Cement Plant In Zambia by ednut1(m): 8:41am On Mar 15, 2015
Hustling. will soon join u.

2 Likes

Re: Aliko Dangote To Launch $400 Million Cement Plant In Zambia by falseman(m): 8:41am On Mar 15, 2015
Can't this man just close eye and dash me $100k so I can start setting up plants too cry
Re: Aliko Dangote To Launch $400 Million Cement Plant In Zambia by mrofficial(m): 8:41am On Mar 15, 2015
GOOD NEWS.
Re: Aliko Dangote To Launch $400 Million Cement Plant In Zambia by tola9ja: 8:42am On Mar 15, 2015
LAST SEASON MAN UNITED BEAT ARSENAL AND NOW 2015 ARSENAL BEAT MAN UNITED

LAST SEASON CHELSEA BEAT PSG AND NOW 2015 PSG BEAT CHELSEA

LAST SEASON REAL MADRID BEAT ATLATICO MADRID AND NOW 2015 ATLATICO MADRID BEAT REAL MADRID AT 4 TIMES

LAST SEASON REAL MADRID BEAT SCHAKE 04 AND NOW 2015 SHELKA 04 BEAT REAL MADRID AT SANTIAGO

LAST SEASON RONALDO BETTER THAN MESSI AND NOW 2015 MESSI BETTER THAN RONALDO

EXPECT CHANGE IN NIGERIA ON 28 MARCH 2015

IF YOU AGREE TYPE CHANGE

21 Likes

Re: Aliko Dangote To Launch $400 Million Cement Plant In Zambia by Chinatownm(m): 8:42am On Mar 15, 2015
This guy get sense die. he forsees the future and knw dat he might seize to enjoy monopoly of cement in Nigeria for too long.

1 Like

Re: Aliko Dangote To Launch $400 Million Cement Plant In Zambia by penzino(m): 8:42am On Mar 15, 2015
This man is rich sha.

God bless me, my family and friends.
This I ask through prayer.

1 Like

Re: Aliko Dangote To Launch $400 Million Cement Plant In Zambia by hamaworld(m): 8:42am On Mar 15, 2015
No de spend my money any how... shocked shocked
Dangote Dangote grin grin
Re: Aliko Dangote To Launch $400 Million Cement Plant In Zambia by Youngzedd(m): 8:42am On Mar 15, 2015
Not bad.

Welcome development.

Re: Aliko Dangote To Launch $400 Million Cement Plant In Zambia by Nobody: 8:42am On Mar 15, 2015
Dem dey carry our money go France enter Zambia with projects, what will happen to Nigeria where u are stealing the money grin God dey sha na person name be dat o grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aliko Dangote To Launch $400 Million Cement Plant In Zambia by Nobody: 8:42am On Mar 15, 2015
This one money don turn ritual sef o lol
E no dey finish
I like his smile
Re: Aliko Dangote To Launch $400 Million Cement Plant In Zambia by obamaobama: 8:43am On Mar 15, 2015
a
Re: Aliko Dangote To Launch $400 Million Cement Plant In Zambia by symbianDON(m): 8:43am On Mar 15, 2015
nice and commendable. congratulations to Mr. dangote.
Re: Aliko Dangote To Launch $400 Million Cement Plant In Zambia by Ultimate300(m): 8:45am On Mar 15, 2015
Nice,
use your Vote wisely,
GMB/PYO great Collabo.
In sule lamido voice, gmb is incorruptable,,, so if this is the case, gmb is our final answer, cus 90percent of naija probs is corruption.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aliko Dangote To Launch $400 Million Cement Plant In Zambia by Nobody: 8:45am On Mar 15, 2015
falseman:
Can't this man just close eye and dash me $100k so I can start setting up plants too cry

Let me borrow you a leaf for free . Instead on waiting for when he will " dash " you $100k to start setting up plants too , better put together a strategy on how you can become his associate- b2b things . And in no distant time you will hit the ball rolling for good . I can a give a template on how to go about this . The best book I have ever read is " think and grow rich " written by the legendary author Napoleon Hill. My life turned around for good after I first read the book some 10 years ago .
Re: Aliko Dangote To Launch $400 Million Cement Plant In Zambia by yetunsbay(m): 8:46am On Mar 15, 2015
Noloss:

If u say so
nw u are talking(etisalat)
Re: Aliko Dangote To Launch $400 Million Cement Plant In Zambia by Adyrin(m): 8:46am On Mar 15, 2015
Congrats to him......
Re: Aliko Dangote To Launch $400 Million Cement Plant In Zambia by englishmart(m): 8:46am On Mar 15, 2015
what about creating more jobs for us?
Re: Aliko Dangote To Launch $400 Million Cement Plant In Zambia by Adyrin(m): 8:48am On Mar 15, 2015
Wake up !
Its Sunday morning son!
5p1naz:
This guy..... I just found out he is my uncle oooo...
details to come soon... police still investigating. .. tongue
Re: Aliko Dangote To Launch $400 Million Cement Plant In Zambia by aktolly54(m): 8:48am On Mar 15, 2015
Money is good
Re: Aliko Dangote To Launch $400 Million Cement Plant In Zambia by Adyrin(m): 8:49am On Mar 15, 2015
Is he your government?
englishmart:
what about creating more jobs for us?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Urgent:Mack tipping / Howo Trucks Needed / What To Do If Your Creditor Resorts To Self-help Or Chases You With The Police / Reasons Why Start-up Businesses Fail & How To Avoid Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.