Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,986 members, 7,828,486 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:28 AM

The Flavour In Party Jollof Rice - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Flavour In Party Jollof Rice (26448 Views)

When You Mix Ghana And Nigerian Jollof Rice (Video) / Would You Eat This Preserved Jollof Rice? / Tanzanian Lady: "Ghanaian Jollof Rice Is Better Than Nigerian Jollof Rice" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Flavour In Party Jollof Rice by martineverest(m): 8:10pm On Mar 16, 2015
The secret is the broth(water from boiled meat and turkey/chicken),then bay leaf is responsible for d aroma..
1)boil meat/chicken seasond with curry,tyme ,bay leaf etc
2)after boiling keep the broth(boiled meet water) aside
3)fry the meat or chicken....if u want
4)use the fried meat oil to deep fry the pulverized stew ingredientd(tomato,onion and pepper) until there is no trace of liquid in d tomato and pepper puree
5)perboil d rice
6)on a fresh po,pour the broth(meat water) inside it,add the tomatoe/pepper puree and turn....then add little water allow to simmer,then pour d parboiled rice and after a while,keep turning d rice for the stew to circulate round
6)wah la ....party rice for u

1 Like

Re: The Flavour In Party Jollof Rice by Osyxcel(m): 8:28pm On Mar 16, 2015
Amusaopeyemi:
I think it is the pot and firewood.
I can never eat enough of party joll-of-rice o.

Upon all the party jollof rice you don chop you still no..... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: The Flavour In Party Jollof Rice by evaly: 8:31pm On Mar 16, 2015
d spirit of celebration and merriment
Re: The Flavour In Party Jollof Rice by Osyxcel(m): 8:35pm On Mar 16, 2015
wasak:
now let us face this issue squarely, offer me party jollof rice and jollof from TFC.I'll gladly pick party jollof Rice.
my mum thinks am appalling because of my excitement at the prospect of eating party jollof rice. I even go to the extent of gate crashing because that taste is just unbeatable.
as wonderful a cook as my mum is, when she ventures into jollof rice, I only eat it to make her happy. Call me anything but I have a lust for party jollof rice, one that beats my lust for women. (no exaggeration)

Ah don see wetin ah go use kidnap you...

Money don come **dancing shoki**

Bros, hw far na, e get one party wey ah wan invite you for next week grin

Re: The Flavour In Party Jollof Rice by lordmario(m): 8:44pm On Mar 16, 2015
1.The meat water being used
2. Bayleaf ( don't put it in d rice until d rice is done)
3. Fry your pepper very well before adding the rice
4. Wash ur rice in salt to remove d excessive starch
You shld achieve it now. Ciao

1 Like

Re: The Flavour In Party Jollof Rice by kikelomojessy(f): 8:50pm On Mar 16, 2015
If u want that party rice taste , the rice must be allowed to get burnt (black burnt that can't be scrapped away easily) . I hav tried it and it work. Thou mine was a mistake, but everyone enjoyed the rice cos it tasted like party rice.
Re: The Flavour In Party Jollof Rice by banky222: 8:53pm On Mar 16, 2015
Adewale9:
Na different people spilt wey dey enter d rice dey make am sweet....people wey dey cook that kind rice dey reach. Like 7.....it goes like this in Yoruba....shey eti fi ata Si as she dey ask spilt dey enter d rice....anoda one shey eti fi Maagi si, anoda person shey eti fi Alubosa is etc....that's what gives D flavour....lol
Your plans wont work. you cant kill my love for party jollof rice.

2 Likes

Re: The Flavour In Party Jollof Rice by banky222: 8:58pm On Mar 16, 2015
kikelomojessy:
If u want that party rice taste , the rice must be allowed to get burnt (black burnt that can't be scrapped away easily) . I hav tried it and it work. Thou mine was a mistake, but everyone enjoyed the rice cos it tasted like party rice.
...So huz shud get ready to enjoy charcoal rice with u hmm?
Re: The Flavour In Party Jollof Rice by kikelomojessy(f): 9:03pm On Mar 16, 2015
If u dnt see the pot, u won't know it got burnt. The rice won't be black, it will still hav the jolly red, just dat the burnt smell will mix with the rice, just like in parties the rice get burnt .

banky222:
...So huz shud get ready to enjoy charcoal rice with u hmm?
Re: The Flavour In Party Jollof Rice by Caleycash(m): 9:09pm On Mar 16, 2015
Amusaopeyemi:
U ve got everything I like...except FC Barcelona;Lol
Re: The Flavour In Party Jollof Rice by gossipgirlie: 9:42pm On Mar 16, 2015
The secret is allowing the pot to get burnt.You'll get the desirable taste.

1 Like

Re: The Flavour In Party Jollof Rice by talk2cj08(m): 9:43pm On Mar 16, 2015
psycologist:
If you dnt have a firewood make sure u perboil ur rice nd saute it till it gets slightly burnt.
I don't believe
Re: The Flavour In Party Jollof Rice by NovusHomo(m): 9:54pm On Mar 16, 2015
odingidiong:
Please help. What is the secret of party jollof rice, because there's this flavour that's always there.

I don't know if it's the magic of bayleaf or curry and thyme... or is there any other thing?

Please help with the secret. Thanks

Same with party amala and ewedu.
Re: The Flavour In Party Jollof Rice by Gabson91(m): 10:22pm On Mar 16, 2015
curry and thyme
Re: The Flavour In Party Jollof Rice by bablojnr: 10:26pm On Mar 16, 2015
Hey Nairalanders. You need data to view stories like this, abi?. This is bablojnr formerly of nova networks. you can check me out here https://www.nairaland.com/2106021/etisalat-1gb-1000-mtn-1gb and here https://www.nairaland.com/2136980/etisalat-data-1gig-1100-naira. I sell etisalt data and i am doing a very simple promo. The first TEN PEOPLE to whatsapp this line TOMORROW MORNING- not anytime before that- would get etisalat data of 1GIG AND ABOVE. Free of charge. you wont pay anything so there are no strings attached. it is valid for only six more days however so whatsapp only if you are sure you can finish it up within that time. cheers. whatsapp 08184732157 or call 08176602847. After tomorrow i will go back to selling mtn and etisalat data at my normal price. Cheers.
Re: The Flavour In Party Jollof Rice by kizzykeziah: 10:29pm On Mar 16, 2015
It's the firewood which makes it get burnt underneath in the pot. That flavor you refer to is the aroma of burnt rice underneath.

And moreover, the singular fact you've been looking forward to the food definitely makes it special wink
Re: The Flavour In Party Jollof Rice by psycologist: 10:34pm On Mar 16, 2015
talk2cj08:

I don't believe
it tried it nd it works it might not work if u dnt use d right ingredients
Re: The Flavour In Party Jollof Rice by jerryboie10(m): 11:13pm On Mar 16, 2015
u ll get dah kind of a taste wen u first Fry d tomatoes and pepper,cook it in form f stew,then add a little water wen d stew is ready, allow it to boil,den add ur rice,add water,den continue d cooking, don't forget to put dis curry-leaf in it oo,it ll make it va a party a like taste.Dat z hw ma mum taught me.u guys can try it on ur own.
Re: The Flavour In Party Jollof Rice by jerryboie10(m): 11:15pm On Mar 16, 2015
hmmmm,
kizzykeziah:
It's the firewood which makes it get burnt underneath in the pot. That flavor you refer to is the aroma of burnt rice underneath.

And moreover, the singular fact you've been looking forward to the food definitely makes it special wink
tongue
Re: The Flavour In Party Jollof Rice by Lasveg(m): 11:18pm On Mar 16, 2015
u need enough goat or ram meat water for starters...
Re: The Flavour In Party Jollof Rice by maclatunji: 1:43am On Mar 17, 2015
It's all about the tomato.
Re: The Flavour In Party Jollof Rice by wemmy01(m): 4:24am On Mar 17, 2015
curry and thyme, lolz
Re: The Flavour In Party Jollof Rice by Nobody: 8:00am On Mar 17, 2015
Guy na burning flavour. I dey enjoy am anytime I cook jollof rice. Just leave d rice make d bottom burn well well...e go turn party rice

1 Like

Re: The Flavour In Party Jollof Rice by ifeoluwa05(f): 10:10am On Mar 17, 2015
The firewood, burnt rice nd lots of women saliva
Re: The Flavour In Party Jollof Rice by donem: 1:08pm On Mar 17, 2015
donnypool:

cheesy lol jollofrice is in trouble
ur'e wrong PARTY jollofrice. grin
Re: The Flavour In Party Jollof Rice by Tambest(m): 3:28pm On Mar 17, 2015
Na d firewoods dey giv am additional taste,,,
Re: The Flavour In Party Jollof Rice by ahmbal(m): 6:04pm On Mar 17, 2015
Amusaopeyemi:

hmmmmmm,u garrit cool cool cool
Re: The Flavour In Party Jollof Rice by odingidiong: 5:27pm On Mar 18, 2015
i dnt tink its vedan,because vedan only mkes food sweet n tasteless,but im talking about ds aromaticflavour dat cannot be resisted by any1
Re: The Flavour In Party Jollof Rice by MissyDee: 7:29am On Aug 15, 2015
Learn how to make authentic party jollof rice here: http://www.dobbyssignature.com/2013/12/nigerian-party-jollof-rice-recipe.html
donnypool:

Mr owanbe I salute o...hope say the party rice wey make you crash nor be burial rice grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo / Lady Feeds The Hungry Ones On The Street Of Nnewi,anambra State(photos) / Fufu Is Life. Afang And Fufu.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.