Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,462 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:02 AM

Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo (26420 Views)

5 Delicious Dishes From Across Africa / Well Packaged Nigerian Dishes.. / Top 10 Best Nigerian Dishes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo by phosky(m): 1:49pm On Dec 27, 2016
Okro soup

okra provides numerous health benefits. Known as a high antioxidant food, okra may support improvement in cardiovascular and coronary heartdisease, type 2 diabetes, digestive diseases, and even some cancers. Okra is also abundant in several vitamins and minerals, including thiamin, vitamin B6, folic acid, riboflavin/vitamin B2, zinc and dietary fiber. Okro is also used to improve eyesight and a good source of protein.

Bitter leaf soup

Bitter leaf soup is a popular Nigerian dishe. It contains an antiseptic that is very effective to reduce inside heat. Contents like andrographolide lactones, glucosides, diterpene,and flavonoids present in bitter leaf serve to reduce Fever. Bitter leaf can also prevent cancer. It treats hydatidiform mole, trophoblastic tumor and lung tumor which was the forerunner of cancer. Andrographolide bitter extract shows activity in particular substances that are effective in preventing liver disease/liver, improve the immune system, anti-cancer, and so forth. Bitter leaf is also good for treating hypertension and diabetes. The Andrographolide is the main active ingredient in bitter that serves to reduce levels of glucose in the blood which helps in treating diabetes.

Garden egg soup

Garden egg locally known as lgba to the Yorubas and Anara to the Igbos is rich in dietary fiber, manganese, potassium and magnesium. It is also very rich in vitamin B. Garden eggs helps nervous system and heart and lowering blood sugar level.

Egusi soup (melon seed soup)

Egusi soup or melon seed soup is one the most popular soups in Nigerian. This melon seed is reach in protein and fats. It also contains a sufficient amount of Vitamin A and C.which means it plays an important role in vision, reproduction, Growth, Bones and teeth formation.

Ewedu soup (jute leaf)

This leaf is called(Ewedu) among the Yoruba people and it is one of their most popular soup.This leaf contains almost all of the nutrients needed by humans and are high in antioxidant property, primarily in the form of Vitamin E. It is rich in micro nutrients, and these micro nutrients aid in reducing the chances of illness. The main vitamins found in (ewedu leaves) are vitamin A, C and E, and these vitamins are key in the protection of the body from certain degenerative diseases.
The vitamins present in Ewedu leaf (Jute) are also known to be skin beautifying agents as they tend to increase the production of collagen, thus keeping the skin firm and beautiful.

http://www.eyesoflagos.com/2016/12/top-5-nigerian-dishes-with-health.html

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo by intruder15(m): 1:52pm On Dec 27, 2016
yummy
loved both soup cuz I knew it's nutritious...
all these grammar written there sef
lalasticlala... over to u
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo by beneviv(f): 10:20am On Jan 14, 2017
Aiit
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo by 5starmilitant: 10:20am On Jan 14, 2017
Op abeg add pepper-soup, cos Na that one we dey take here when we catch fever.

5 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo by philchudi: 10:21am On Jan 14, 2017
oj
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo by Gflat: 10:21am On Jan 14, 2017
I wish to get married to a Igbo woman. I love me some afang, banga or ejikinko soups smiley

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo by stinggy(m): 10:22am On Jan 14, 2017
I eat all wink
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo by lifezone247(m): 10:22am On Jan 14, 2017
If that okro soup jam hot pounded yam this kind cold morning ehh tongue tongue tongue tongue the combo no be here.
Meanwhile off to iya dada opposite French village to do justice wit amala, ewedu ati gbegiri wit ogufe alawo grin

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo by Horlawale1(m): 10:22am On Jan 14, 2017
Hmmmmmmmm
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo by softMarket(m): 10:22am On Jan 14, 2017
Oya ....wey dem?

Pple wey never eat breakfast, come and look at the pix and drink water!________now u AF eaten! grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo by femi4: 10:23am On Jan 14, 2017
Isapa soup

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo by lonelydora: 10:24am On Jan 14, 2017
Op hasn't heard of Afang and Edikaikong soup.
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo by sylviaeo(f): 10:24am On Jan 14, 2017
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo by Nobody: 10:24am On Jan 14, 2017
Ewedu ati amala hmmmm

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo by anonymuz(m): 10:25am On Jan 14, 2017
this OP u know no say reccesion dey? I want prepare egusi soup now and I just set calculate 1500 for just two of us o. I beg I dey salivate now.
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo by Afam4eva(m): 10:25am On Jan 14, 2017
Gflat:
I wish to get married to a Igbo woman. I love me some afang, banga or ejikinko soups smiley
Afang is an Efik/Ibibio soup.

9 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo by jjwaterfalls(f): 10:25am On Jan 14, 2017
Wow.....Attractive pics
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo by Afam4eva(m): 10:26am On Jan 14, 2017
I'm just not fond of Ewedu. It's too bland for my liking.

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo by omololu2020(m): 10:26am On Jan 14, 2017
yoruba soup plnty for there

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo by Nobody: 10:27am On Jan 14, 2017
Gflat:

Afang and banga are not Igbo soups.

Afang is from cross river, banga is from Edo and Delta.

5 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo by soath(m): 10:29am On Jan 14, 2017
Best 3 among these are bitter leaf, melon and garden egg soup.

Meanwhile I wonder how many are comfortable using fork for swallow sad. #MyOpinion
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo by Coldfeet(f): 10:30am On Jan 14, 2017
Yum bitterleaf soup is good for new mum's that are not lactating properly, it boosts milk supply .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo by Coldfeet(f): 10:31am On Jan 14, 2017
Gflat:
Efik Ibibio soups! Except banga which I think belongs to the uhrobos.
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo by Sanchez01: 10:31am On Jan 14, 2017
Gflat:
Afang and Edikang Ikong Soup are delicacies owned by Akwa Ibom and Cross River, just as the Banga soup is native to Deltans. The perverted version called 'Ofaku' is what the Igbos prepare. We would say they are 'borrowed' soups to the Igbos.

Almost every soup out there is nutritional. Picking these few foods/soups is not enough.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo by Cekpo34(m): 10:33am On Jan 14, 2017
The okro and bitterleaf soups pictured above are poorly prepared

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo by jericco1(m): 10:33am On Jan 14, 2017
Egusi fit make me cum. I so much love it.
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo by Zaikon(m): 10:33am On Jan 14, 2017
kennygee:

Afang and banga are not Igbo soups.

Afang is from cross river, banga is from Edo abs Delta.
I for talk nah my bfor bfor baeb no be Igbo nah
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo by Sanchez01: 10:34am On Jan 14, 2017
Afam4eva:
I'm just not fond of Ewedu. It's too bland for my liking.
I learnt and mastered the variations of the Ewedu. You probably ate the one that wasn't prepared properly. Some folks overdo it by using blender just so they don't want to stress themselves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo by Adeyemi0(m): 10:35am On Jan 14, 2017
That first soup though.. With AGEMAWO.
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo by sojayy(m): 10:35am On Jan 14, 2017
jericco1:
Egusi fit make me cum. I so much love it.
masturbator spotted !!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo by redcliff: 10:36am On Jan 14, 2017
lifezone247:
If that okro soup jam hot pounded yam this kind cold morning ehh tongue tongue tongue tongue the combo no be here.
Meanwhile off to iya dada opposite French village to do justice wit amala, ewedu ati gbegiri wit ogufe alawo grin

Chei reminds me of the one i prepared this week. Exact same combo. My woman wan die

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo by wink2015(m): 10:38am On Jan 14, 2017
Nice Nigerian dishes! but you can still not do without the foreign bites! Here is a good example for you here!

Burgers are an American classic but they're often loaded with fat and calories. The good news is that there are a lot of easy ways to create delicious, low-calorie burger patties.

READ MORE HERE: http://url2it.com/epngac

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is There Anything Wrong In Eating Dog Meat? / Five Confirmed Dead After Eating Dog Meat In Rivers / Food To Avoid On A First Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.