Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,438 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

If GLJ Wins This Election, Nigeria Constitution Will Be Violated. See How - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If GLJ Wins This Election, Nigeria Constitution Will Be Violated. See How (1269 Views)

Ondo Election : Nigeria Sliding Towards Anarchy – PDP / Learn About Screening Ministers, According To The Nigeria Constitution / Violators Of Nigeria’s Electoral Law, Constitution Will Be Punished – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If GLJ Wins This Election, Nigeria Constitution Will Be Violated. See How by Samtoby(m): 7:35pm On Mar 14, 2015
Did you know that if GLJ wins the upcoming election, then The
Constitution of Nigeria have been violated?..

Under the 1979 2nd Republican Constitution of Federal Republic of Nigeria which started this Below law that: -

"An electorate body can stay in office for minimum of 4 years
and could only stay for maximum of 8 Years".
(Irrespective of how he/she was elected)

GLJ had spent 6 years already, if he wins this election, it makes it +4 years = 10 years in Office (over 8 years)... Constitution will be violated..

Making it illegal..

Please this is not a Political Campaign Post, just ordinary Observation that Nigerians are negleting even the so called Legislatures and Judiciaries..

I observe this myself...
Re: If GLJ Wins This Election, Nigeria Constitution Will Be Violated. See How by jamace(m): 7:47pm On Mar 14, 2015
Lubbish. grin You just discovered River Niger? Are you Mungo Park? grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If GLJ Wins This Election, Nigeria Constitution Will Be Violated. See How by Baawaa(m): 8:17pm On Mar 14, 2015
Leave GLJ,let GEJ contest, he has the right,but GMB will beat him hands down

2 Likes

Re: If GLJ Wins This Election, Nigeria Constitution Will Be Violated. See How by kestolove95(m): 8:22pm On Mar 14, 2015
Don't wori op...gej will receiv d dixgrace of. his life cum march 28
Re: If GLJ Wins This Election, Nigeria Constitution Will Be Violated. See How by GBTYO: 8:25pm On Mar 14, 2015
The current constitution in use is the 1999 constitution and not that used by the 2nd Republic.

Besides, the current constitution in use clearly states the minum academic qualification as school cert which your gerriatic sectional bigot despotic illiterate is yet to present.

Janjawiid
Re: If GLJ Wins This Election, Nigeria Constitution Will Be Violated. See How by sorepco(m): 8:26pm On Mar 14, 2015
the so called constitution you stated starts with "An electorate body can stay in office for minimum of 4 years"....you seem to have forgotten that for the first two years of his rule, he was not elected but only finished yaradua's tenure....so after his death; there was no electorate body!! his being an electorate only started in 2011!! do you get it? i mean, ayodele fayose of ekiti state has a fundamental right for a secon term, innit? put his 8 years to his first 3 years, ad he would have ruled for 11 years. same applies to ngige of anambra state....or why did gige cotest in 2014? had he won and then goes for a secon tenure, he would have been there for 11 years, if you add his 3 years from 2003!!!

Samtoby:

Under the 1979 2nd Republican Constitution of Federal Republic of Nigeria which started this Below law that: -

GLJ had spent 6 years already, if he wins this election, it makes it +4 years = 10 years in Office (over 8 years)... Constitution will be violated..

Making it illegal..

Please this is not a Political Campaign Post, just ordinary Observation that Nigerians are negleting even the so called Legislatures and Judiciaries..

I observe this myself...

1 Like

Re: If GLJ Wins This Election, Nigeria Constitution Will Be Violated. See How by viccipedia: 8:34pm On Mar 14, 2015
Samtoby:

Making it illegal..

I observe this myself...
mhen. U dull sha undecided
Re: If GLJ Wins This Election, Nigeria Constitution Will Be Violated. See How by Samtoby(m): 10:11pm On Mar 14, 2015
GBTYO:
The current constitution in use is the 1999 constitution and not that used by the 2nd Republic.

Besides, the current constitution in use clearly states the minum academic qualification as school cert which your gerriatic sectional bigot despotic illiterate is yet to present.

Janjawiid

I know that People like u still exist.. 1999 Constitution is an Amendment of the earlier constitution.. They only add and remove somes laws to join it at that Year, its never a new constitution... We have been using the same constitution since 1963 or possibly since the Colonization.. Before d 1999 we have others too, 1999 constitution is being use because its d last Amended constitution..

Besides i state clearly that this is not a campaign post, so y bring GMB in this... i will av said na Eng problm but u wrote ur comment in Eng...

I Guess u are suffering frm sometin dat needs to b Diagnose..
Re: If GLJ Wins This Election, Nigeria Constitution Will Be Violated. See How by Samtoby(m): 10:28pm On Mar 14, 2015
sorepco:
the so called constitution you stated starts with "An electorate body can stay in office for minimum of 4 years"....you seem to have forgotten that for the first two years of his rule, he was not elected but only finished yaradua's tenure....so after his death; there was no electorate body!! his being an electorate only started in 2011!! do you get it? i mean, ayodele fayose of ekiti state has a fundamental right for a secon term, innit? put his 8 years to his first 3 years, ad he would have ruled for 11 years. same applies to ngige of anambra state....or why did gige cotest in 2014? had he won and then goes for a secon tenure, he would have been there for 11 years, if you add his 3 years from 2003!!!

Uncle.... After the death of Yar' adua, the state have absoluted right to conduct another election or electd anoda body but they (Judiciaries the most) conduct the election within them self and made him the President, so he is 100% an electorate..

1st.. Ayo Fayose didnt use his 2nd term completely, he was impeached and he didnt make it to 8 years.
2nd.. Segun Oni was put there after him and i tink anoda person again b4 Ayo Fayose now lata comes bck, his first 6 or 7 years doesnt count anymor since he wasnt dere till present..
I have no idea where u see 8 and 3 years..

i dnt know abt d second person but am 80% sure u are wrong too..
Re: If GLJ Wins This Election, Nigeria Constitution Will Be Violated. See How by Samtoby(m): 10:42pm On Mar 14, 2015
viccipedia:
mhen. U dull sha undecided

Thanks Bro, at least you proof that "adding Pedia to nickname" doesnt add more Sense to Brain. tongue
Re: If GLJ Wins This Election, Nigeria Constitution Will Be Violated. See How by mczico: 10:47pm On Mar 14, 2015
I hate good luck

but gej too 2019
Re: If GLJ Wins This Election, Nigeria Constitution Will Be Violated. See How by lukecent: 11:13pm On Mar 14, 2015
Like Buhari like Op ...
Go to school, no
Re: If GLJ Wins This Election, Nigeria Constitution Will Be Violated. See How by proudlykwaran: 11:19pm On Mar 14, 2015
Samtoby:

Making it illegal..

I observe this myself...
o
What school did you attend? University or polytechnic? Well let me educate you. In the first instance, you quoted a discarded constitution. But the current one also has a similar provision. But one critical word central to this issue of GEJ's eligibility as set by 1999 constituents is 'elective office'. GEJ did not seek elective office in 2009 when he succeeded Yar'Adua. He sought his first elective office as a president in2011. He is therefore seeking it for a second time now. What happened is that the Constitution did not foresee this scenario. So GEJ can not be held a culprit for this. Actually the Constitution can not foresee all things. So we expect an amendment soon.
Re: If GLJ Wins This Election, Nigeria Constitution Will Be Violated. See How by GBTYO: 12:07am On Mar 15, 2015
Samtoby:

I know that People like u still exist.. 1999 Constitution is an Amendment of the earlier constitution.. They only add and remove somes laws to join it at that Year, its never a new constitution... We have been using the same constitution since 1963 or possibly since the Colonization.. Before d 1999 we have others too, 1999 constitution is being use because its d last Amended constitution..

Besides i state clearly that this is not a campaign post, so y bring GMB in this... i will av said na Eng problm but u wrote ur comment in Eng...

I Guess u are suffering frm sometin dat needs to b Diagnose..

If they are the same thing then why the dichotomy?

Try and get sense. The 1972 const differs from the 1999 const.

Don't show your crassnes here
Re: If GLJ Wins This Election, Nigeria Constitution Will Be Violated. See How by Revolution: 1:07am On Mar 15, 2015
jamace:
Lubbish. grin You just discovered River Niger? Are you Mungo Park? grin

Lol.
Re: If GLJ Wins This Election, Nigeria Constitution Will Be Violated. See How by Revolution: 1:26am On Mar 15, 2015
GBTYO:

Janjawiid

The minimum qualification specified by the constitution is primary school leaving cert, plus 10 years civil service experience. See section 318 of the constitution, which gives options a, b or c below. Note, it is a logical OR condition.

"School Certificate or its equivalent" means

(a) a Secondary School Certificate or its equivalent, or Grade II Teacher’s Certificate, the City and Guilds Certificate; or

(b) education up to Secondary School Certificate level; or

(c) Primary Six School Leaving Certificate or its equivalent and -

(i) service in the public or private sector in the Federation in any capacity acceptable to the Independent National Electoral Commission for a minimum of ten years, and

(ii) attendance at courses and training in such institutions as may be acceptable to the Independent National Electoral Commission for periods totalling up to a minimum of one year, and

(iii) the ability to read, write, understand and communicate in the English language to the satisfaction of the Independent National Electoral Commission, and

(d) any other qualification acceptable by the Independent National Electoral Commission;
Re: If GLJ Wins This Election, Nigeria Constitution Will Be Violated. See How by Samtoby(m): 8:49am On Mar 15, 2015
GBTYO:

If they are the same thing then why the dichotomy?

Try and get sense. The 1972 const differs from the 1999 const.

Don't show your crassnes here

i still dont get u, 1972 is differnt frm 1999.... i wish i can come under to ur level but sorry i dnt know how, if amendment is a big english den i cant help U..

We have the independent const of 1960 wich chase d British colonial masters frm Nig and it was lata amended in 1963 wich got us as an Republican Country wich first startd the act of electing a President (Republican system of Govt) by a secret ballot and he will stay in office for 5 years...

then they Amend it again in 1979 durin OBJ regime and they added
1: Adoption of Presidential system of Govt (head of state is also head of govt)
2: More Functions of the president
3: Term of office= minimum of 4 and maximum of 8
4: Act of impeaching the pres
5: Required age of 35+ and must be citizen of Nig by birth.. and other laws..

The const was amend again in 1989 durin Babangida regime, this one brings
1: Two party system
2: Provision of a minimum school certificate qualification for an office
3: Fundamental human rights.. etc..

later amended in 1999 again, after military regime..
this result in chaingin of Two Party system of 1989 to Multi Party system

and

Stopd Military from any Coup or intervering in Political issue..
I dnt know hw i can explain agin but hope dis help... if u tink its different again den its ur live, u av d right to bliv and disbeliv..

Peace
Re: If GLJ Wins This Election, Nigeria Constitution Will Be Violated. See How by Samtoby(m): 8:57am On Mar 15, 2015
proudlykwaran:
o
What school did you attend? University or polytechnic? Well let me educate you. In the first instance, you quoted a discarded constitution. But the current one also has a similar provision. But one critical word central to this issue of GEJ's eligibility as set by 1999 constituents is 'elective office'. GEJ did not seek elective office in 2009 when he succeeded Yar'Adua. He sought his first elective office as a president in2011. He is therefore seeking it for a second time now. What happened is that the Constitution did not foresee this scenario. So GEJ can not be held a culprit for this. Actually the Constitution can not foresee all things. So we expect an amendment soon.

Yes the const didnt foresee this senerio cause dey didnt expect a Pres to die b4 his term ends (i guess)...

Just 1 question, Did the constitution says "A VP can talk over the power after the impeachmnt of d Pres"??
Re: If GLJ Wins This Election, Nigeria Constitution Will Be Violated. See How by egift(m): 9:03am On Mar 15, 2015
We will correct that mistake. Sai Buhari.

(1) (Reply)

President Jonathan Commissions Jubilee Resort And Leadership Centre,Abuja(Photos / XENOPHOBIA : Bokoharams On Revenge Mission To South Africa / Corruption: Transparency International Says Obasanjo Government Worse Than Gej's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.