Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,557 members, 7,816,349 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

16 School Drop Outs Who Became Successful Entrepreneurs And Billionaires - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 16 School Drop Outs Who Became Successful Entrepreneurs And Billionaires (3695 Views)

Nigeria’s Top Five Billionaires Whose Wealth Could Wipe Out Extreme Poverty / 6 Things Successful Entrepreneurs Have In Common / 7 Habits Of Successful Entrepreneurs. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

16 School Drop Outs Who Became Successful Entrepreneurs And Billionaires by denzelpraiz(m): 2:02am On Mar 15, 2015
Do you feel fustrated or dejected by your peers because you don’t have a college degree? Do you see your lack of formal university degree as a limitation to achieving your dreams? Or are you in the group that thinks education is the ultimate tool for success?if your answers are YES PLS spare me 5 minutes of your time to read on
did you know that quite a number of the richest people on earth are college drop outs? Now don’t get me wrong im not saying education IS BAD BUT IM SAYING YOU DON’T NEED TO DEPEND ON A COLEGE DEGREE TO MAKE YOU A BILLONAIRE IF YOU THINK IM LYING ASK A FEW PROFESSORS HOW WEALTHY THEY ARE. .
I DON’T WANT TO BORE YOU with long details but rather ild show you a few people who never went on to finish school but ended up billionaires and ild give you a few who also went on to finish who became billoanires but guess what they never got wealthy doing what they learnt in school
“Behind every adversity is an opportunity. If you lament over the adversity, you will miss the opportunity.” – Ajaero Tony Martins
List of the Richest School Drop Out Billionaires and Successful Entrepreneurs
1. BILL GATES: He is the billionaire co-founder of Microsoft Corporation, the world largest software company. Dropped out of Harvard to focus on building Microsoft. According to Forbes magazine, Bill Gates has held the position of the world richest man for thirteen consecutive years and he not showing a sign of letting go that position.
“To win big, you sometimes have to take big risks.” – Bill Gates
“We were young, but we had good advice good ideas and lots of enthusiasm.” – Bill Gates
2. RICHARD BRANSON: Best known for his adventurous spirit and outrageous business tactics. He dropped out of school at the age of 16 to start his first successful business venture; Student Magazine, bought his own 79-acre Caribbean island when he was just 24 and he was knighted in 1999. He is the billionaire founder of the Virgin brand and its 360 companies. His companies include the famous Virgin Atlantic Airways.

“I wanted to be an editor or journalist. I wasn’t really interested in becoming an entrepreneur, but I soon found I had to become an entrepreneur in order to keep my magazine going.” – Richard Branson

3. STEVE JOBS: Billionaire co-founder of Apple Inc and Pixar; dropped out of Reed College to start Apple.

4. THOMAS EDISON: Thomas Edison was labeled dumb and scatterbrain by his school teachers but he went on to become one of the world’s greatest inventors and founded General Electric; one of the most powerful companies in the world.
“Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” – Thomas Edison

5. LAWRENSE J ELLISON: Larry Ellison dropped out of college twice and was told by his adoptive father that he would never amount to anything but he went on to become a billionaire by building Oracle, the world’s second largest software company.
“I have had all the disadvantages required for success.” – Larry Ellison
6[b].MICHEAL DELL[/b]: He dropped out of college at the age of 19 to start PC’s Limited; later renamed Dell Computers Inc. Dell became the most profitable PC manufacturer in the world making Michael Dell a billionaire.
“I had to give it a full go and see what happened.” – Michael Dell
7. HENRY FORD: This automobile billionaire was born in abject poverty. He never saw the four walls of school but he went on to build Ford Motor Company and become one of the richest men that ever lived.
“Thinking is the hardest work to do, that’s why so few people are engaged in it.” – Henry Ford
8. WALT DISNEY: Walt, regarded as the most influential animator because of his creativity with cartoons. He dropped out of high school at 16 and founded Walt Disney; a company which now has an annual revenue of about $30billion.
“If you can dream it, you can do it.” – Walt Disney
9. RAY KROC: Billionaire Ray Kroc never saw the four walls of school and spent most of his life working as a salesman. He bought McDonald’s in 1961 for $2.7m and grew it into a multi billion dollar company.
“Press on. Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.” – Ray Kroc
10. COSMOS MADUKA: Nigerian Elementary school drop out and billionaire founder of the Coscharis Group.
11. MARY KAY ASH: Founder of Mary Kay Inc and best known as the most outstanding business woman in the 20th century. Mary never saw the four walls of school.
“When you reach an obstacle, turn it into an opportunity. You have the choice. You can overcome and be a winner, or you can allow it to overcome you and be a loser. The choice is yours and yours alone. Refuse to throw in the towel. Go that extra mile that failures refuse to travel. It is far better to be exhausted from success than to be rested from failure.” – Mary Kay Ash
12. MARK ZUCKERBERG: The youngest billionaire in the world definitely had to make the list, dropped out of Harvard to promote his social networking platform; Facebook. As at 2010, he was 23 years and worth $4billion.he now owns watsapp,instagram alone is worth 30 billion dollars
13. TED TURNER: Billionaire drop out media mogul and founder of CNN; pledged a billion dollars to the United Nation.
“All my life, people have said that I wasn’t going to make it.” – Ted Turner
“Over a three year period, I gave away half of what I had. To be honest, my hands shook as I signed it away. I knew I was taking myself out of the race to be the richest man in the world.” – Ted Turner
14. GIRGIO ARMANI: Billionaire founder of the fashion brand; Giorgio Armani S.P.A. Dropped out of medical school at the University of Bologna because he couldn’t stand the sight of blood.
“Remain true to yourself and your philosophy.” – Giorgio Armani
15. ASA CANDLER: Founder of the Billionaire company and world’s most popular brand; Coca Cola. He dropped out of school at the age of 10.
16. RALPH LAUREN: Billionaire fashion mogul. Studied business at Baruch College for two years and dropped out.
So the question is what is limiting you tak that step of faith and be ready to face challenges ,take calculated risks and be proud to live for something
Others who finished their college degress are dangote yeah against all rumours he went to school, Warren Buffett, Mo Ibrahim, Mike Adenuga, Oprah Winfrey, George Soros, John D. Rockefeller, Sam Walton, Jerry Yang and David Filo, Anita Roddick, Sergey Brin and Larry Page, Jeff Bezos, Pierre Omidyar, Martha Stewart, Henry Ross
But remember they made wealth not looking for jobs but rather creating jobs.THINK WITHOUT A BOX
[b]LOG ON TO www.getwealthinfo.com for more...

1 Like

Re: 16 School Drop Outs Who Became Successful Entrepreneurs And Billionaires by delishpot: 2:09am On Mar 15, 2015
Only 16 out of the thousands of drop outs? Droping out na bad market o. Man must be sure before taking that step.
Re: 16 School Drop Outs Who Became Successful Entrepreneurs And Billionaires by Infomizer(m): 4:35am On Mar 15, 2015
Nice try op! For every one of these guys you listed, there a millions of drop-outs that will never amount to anything in life, just as there are millions of stay-ins that won't amount to anything in life. However, the odds are much more against the drop-outs. Did you also take note that the children of these guys (for those that have) are/were stay-ins?
Re: 16 School Drop Outs Who Became Successful Entrepreneurs And Billionaires by Nobody: 5:45am On Mar 15, 2015
This is so cool...Not every one is ordained to work for someone...some are ordained to be there own bosses...

Meet me at the top...

1 Like

Re: 16 School Drop Outs Who Became Successful Entrepreneurs And Billionaires by denzelpraiz(m): 5:05pm On Mar 15, 2015
delishpot:
Obky 16 out of the tgousands of drop outs? Droping out na bad market o. Man must be sure before taking that step.
yeah truly said droping out or staying in isnt the issue but rather understanding the system of the world and finding your place

(1) (Reply)

Format For Writing A Feasibility Study / Bank Consolidation Fall-out / Call Us For Your Pure Water Packing Bags Nylon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.