Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,998 members, 7,817,948 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Calabar Is No Longer Safe. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Calabar Is No Longer Safe. (1848 Views)

Saving Money In SKYE BANK Is No Longer Safe / Igbos No Longer Safe In Bayelsa / See For Your Self, Since RAT Is No Longer Safe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Calabar Is No Longer Safe. by lipstick2(f): 3:24am On Mar 15, 2015
As I write this early morning,its out of fear.I just heard a noise downstairs,someone in my neighborhood chose to use the hammer this quiet no light night.What is he hitting this night I lie down here wondering.
For the past 3,months,our quiet town has been invaded by armed robbers,who visit at even peak periods of the day.We all thot its something that will not last but we were wrong cos the terror has continued.
Everyday one wakes up here especially in the Municipality,one Thanks God Almighty.

There is no corner of the town that these evil men have not touched.Just on friday night against saturday between the hours of 2am and 2:15am early,the people who live in a compound at Ediba road opposite Okon Inok street had a terrible night,they came,about 30 of them dressed in police uniforms,broke in,beat,raped and stole,30 minutes after as usual,the police came.
On Wednesday of this last week,they were at a close off Sen.ndoma egba street at Asai Eso,beat up the inhabitants of the compound they entered and made away with a tenant's car.
A man and his wife were taking breeze in their compound in Parliamentary area cos of no light,these group of 8 marched in and robbed them not without beating.
A friend of mine today is carrying a bullet in his body,after he tried to resist them when they broke into their compound in Federal housing.
Just this evening I saw some Police men doing Stop and Search,this was around 8pm,when they are done what happens from then till morning.
The most disheartening thing is that they don't steal from the rich who have beautiful houses,they steal from the have nots who are managing to survive. The rich has taken over all the police men in town to guide them,we who do we turn to other than God.
Calabar that use to be a haven is no longer safe.
Even dogs are afraid of them,my friend's dog refused to come to the front house after it heard the sound of gun.
We need a reliable police force to crack this terrorism on Calabar residents.
Re: Calabar Is No Longer Safe. by lahips: 12:09pm On Mar 16, 2015

(1) (Reply)

You Won't Believe What One Community Did To Boko Haram(WARNING :very graphic pix / Beware Nairapaid.com Is A 419 Website / Lady Saves Man Who Fell Into The Gutter After Drinking To Stupor (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.