Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,900 members, 7,814,045 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

Am About Dropping Out Of School, Should I Go Ahead?? Pls Ur Advice Is Needed - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Am About Dropping Out Of School, Should I Go Ahead?? Pls Ur Advice Is Needed (1556 Views)

12 Years After Dropping Out, Mark Zuckerberg Receives Honorary Degree From Harva / Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her Or Start A New Relationship? / Nairalanders Pls Ur Help Is Needed Urgently Thanks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am About Dropping Out Of School, Should I Go Ahead?? Pls Ur Advice Is Needed by Nobody: 3:51am On Mar 15, 2015
After reading safari's girl post of how she is "tired of law". I decided to share my experience to know if i should continue or leave my chosen course of study.

Am a student of Unn, currently studying public administration and local government. I used to be one of the best students in my class all through my first year till i lost my sponsor in second year, my mum lost her job and relocated to the village since then to survive in school has been a major problem.

My performance just started dropping and i started to lose interest in school and my chosen course of study.

Before I realised i used to be very good in computer not exaggerating, used to be one of the best back in secondary school. So i discovered programming and started learning different languages. Now i can't say am really very good at programming but i understand basic programming. I have learnt four programming/mark up languages- html, Css, Javascript and php and still learning everyday.

Pls NLers am about dropping out of school cos there are no funds to continue and i've lost my interest in my course of study. I want to pursue programming as a career, i dont know if its lucrative and if there are jobs in Nigeria for programmers who dont have a B.sc. Pls Nlers help me cos am so confused right now.

Pls NLers ur comment/advice is needed.

Thanks for reading my post.
Re: Am About Dropping Out Of School, Should I Go Ahead?? Pls Ur Advice Is Needed by mekaboy(m): 9:47am On Mar 15, 2015
fdxboss:
After reading safari's girl post of how she is "tired of law". I decided to share my experience to know if i should continue or leave my chosen course of study.

Am a student of Unn, currently studying public administration and local government. I used to be one of the best students in my class all through my first year till i lost my sponsor in second year, my mum lost her job and relocated to the village since then to survive in school has been a major problem.

My performance just started dropping and i started to lose interest in school and my chosen course of study.

Before I realised i used to be very good in computer not exaggerating, used to be one of the best back in secondary school. So i discovered programming and started learning different languages. Now i can't say am really very good at programming but i understand basic programming. I have learnt four programming/mark up languages- html, Css, Javascript and php and still learning everyday.

Pls NLers am about dropping out of school cos there are no funds to continue and i've lost my interest in my course of study. I want to pursue programming as a career, i dont know if its lucrative and if there are jobs in Nigeria for programmers who dont have a B.sc. Pls Nlers help me cos am so confused right now.

Pls NLers ur comment/advice is needed.

Thanks for reading my post.

No funds, and u still get money for internet. U no get problem.
Re: Am About Dropping Out Of School, Should I Go Ahead?? Pls Ur Advice Is Needed by Nobody: 10:34am On Mar 15, 2015
mekaboy:

No funds, and u still get money for internet. U no get problem.
na wa o, do u knw if am browsing for free?? And is this ur advice??
Re: Am About Dropping Out Of School, Should I Go Ahead?? Pls Ur Advice Is Needed by mekaboy(m): 11:08am On Mar 15, 2015
fdxboss:
na wa o, do u knw if am browsing for free?? And is this ur advice??

u dey browse for free on sunday, instead u go go church go pray make ur condition change.

if u really wana drop out of school u wont be here. Be a man and drop out.
Re: Am About Dropping Out Of School, Should I Go Ahead?? Pls Ur Advice Is Needed by Nobody: 1:59pm On Mar 15, 2015
mekaboy:

u dey browse for free on sunday, instead u go go church go pray make ur condition change.

Am sorry pls did I offend u before, pls if I did, permit me to use this opportunity to apologize to u.

1 Like

Re: Am About Dropping Out Of School, Should I Go Ahead?? Pls Ur Advice Is Needed by mekaboy(m): 2:27pm On Mar 15, 2015
fdxboss:

Am sorry pls did I offend u before, pls if I did, permit me to use this opportunity to apologize to u.

I av told u to drop out and ur now begging. U dont want to drop out again?
Re: Am About Dropping Out Of School, Should I Go Ahead?? Pls Ur Advice Is Needed by Nobody: 2:47pm On Mar 15, 2015
mekaboy:

I av told u to drop out and ur now begging. U dont want to drop out again?

See ehn bro i don't mean to be rude but they send u come??
Re: Am About Dropping Out Of School, Should I Go Ahead?? Pls Ur Advice Is Needed by mekaboy(m): 3:15pm On Mar 15, 2015
fdxboss:

See ehn bro i don't mean to be rude but they send u come??

You must drop out ooo.
Re: Am About Dropping Out Of School, Should I Go Ahead?? Pls Ur Advice Is Needed by Merryglad(f): 5:08pm On Mar 15, 2015
my dear if it will take you to do minial jobs do it........that will be part of your success story,always remember that winners dont quit.
Re: Am About Dropping Out Of School, Should I Go Ahead?? Pls Ur Advice Is Needed by cute9jaguy(m): 5:32pm On Mar 15, 2015
Try your best to finish! Do programming as part time.
Good luck.
Re: Am About Dropping Out Of School, Should I Go Ahead?? Pls Ur Advice Is Needed by Nobody: 12:31am On Mar 16, 2015
cute9jaguy:
Try your best to finish! Do programming as part time.
Good luck.

Thanks alot Bro, i have heard u, thanks once again for taking out time to advice me i really appreciate smiley
Re: Am About Dropping Out Of School, Should I Go Ahead?? Pls Ur Advice Is Needed by Nobody: 12:33am On Mar 16, 2015
Merryglad:
my dear if it will take you to do minial jobs do it........that will be part of your success story,always remember that winners dont quit.

Thanks alot Bro, i really appreciate.
Re: Am About Dropping Out Of School, Should I Go Ahead?? Pls Ur Advice Is Needed by kullozone(m): 12:19pm On Mar 16, 2015
mekaboy:

ahn ahn!!!
Una get beef before

see how you are rushing to post rubbish without thinking twice.

guy,leave dis man jare...make sure you graduate.You can run part time on programming like a poster suggested.
I also experienced something quite similar in my second year.graduating is an added advantage you know.
Re: Am About Dropping Out Of School, Should I Go Ahead?? Pls Ur Advice Is Needed by mekaboy(m): 1:04pm On Mar 16, 2015
kullozone:

ahn ahn!!!
Una get beef before

see how you are rushing to post rubbish without thinking twice.

guy,leave dis man jare...make sure you graduate.You can run part time on programming like a poster suggested.
I also experienced something quite similar in my second year.graduating is an added advantage you know.

U r the obe posting rubbish. U r entitled to ur opinion so am i. U said he shld finish i said he shld drop out. That does not mean ur opinion ia any better.
Re: Am About Dropping Out Of School, Should I Go Ahead?? Pls Ur Advice Is Needed by kullozone(m): 1:07pm On Mar 16, 2015
mekaboy:

U r the obe posting rubbish. U r entitled to ur opinion so am i. U said he shld finish i said he shld drop out. That does not mean ur opinion ia any better.

my opinion about your opinion is that your opinion is wack.
Re: Am About Dropping Out Of School, Should I Go Ahead?? Pls Ur Advice Is Needed by mekaboy(m): 2:13pm On Mar 16, 2015
kullozone:

my opinion about your opinion is that your opinion is wack.

U shld av dropped out too. Cant s3e how ur graduation will better the society. Ur worst than u were when u got in.
Re: Am About Dropping Out Of School, Should I Go Ahead?? Pls Ur Advice Is Needed by kullozone(m): 2:47pm On Mar 16, 2015
mekaboy:

U shld av dropped out too. Cant s3e how ur graduation will better the society. Ur worst than u were when u got in.

lol
don't take it personal dude...why are you angry at the world?
calm down,ok?

don't take ur frustration out on others.

1 Like

Re: Am About Dropping Out Of School, Should I Go Ahead?? Pls Ur Advice Is Needed by Merryglad(f): 8:15pm On Mar 16, 2015
fdxboss:

Thanks alot Bro, i really appreciate.
Damsel not Bro
Re: Am About Dropping Out Of School, Should I Go Ahead?? Pls Ur Advice Is Needed by Nobody: 11:01pm On Mar 16, 2015
Merryglad:
Damsel not Bro
Re: Am About Dropping Out Of School, Should I Go Ahead?? Pls Ur Advice Is Needed by Nobody: 11:03pm On Mar 16, 2015
Merryglad:
Damsel not Bro

Ohhh my apologies Damsel smiley

(1) (Reply)

10 Things Foreigners Find Odd About Nigerians / Shoprite Ikeja Re-opens After Lagos State Shutdown / Draw A Lady Hawking Oranges And A Basic 6 Pupil Drew This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.