Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:36 PM

Jonathan's Youwin Is A Joke. Nigerians Take Note And Demand Your Rights - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan's Youwin Is A Joke. Nigerians Take Note And Demand Your Rights (4625 Views)

YouWinConnect: Buhari Changes Jonathan’s YouWin Concept / #100wasteddays Trending As Nigerians Take To Twitter To Review President Buhari. / 2012: “GEJ Is A Joke, Nigerians Deserve A Better Leader" - Ghanaian Professor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan's Youwin Is A Joke. Nigerians Take Note And Demand Your Rights by socialmediaman: 4:35am On Mar 15, 2015
I hear a lot of Nigerians talking about Youwin and using it as a benchmark for re-electing President Goodluck Jonathan. All i can tell you is, sorry!

First of all, i will give some credit to Mr President for initiating the Youwin programme to empower Nigerians, however, i condemn him seriously for using it to take glory when it has achieved very little difference on the economy. All i can see is deceit and Nigerians being taken advantage of.

Only 1% of the Youwin applicants end up getting the grants they need to start their businesses. This is a mere 1,200 people out of over 100,000 applicants each year. The rest are abandoned and asked to try again and again, and they hinge their hope on this little project which the government is using to deceive them and take glory

As a first pointer, only about 12 billion naira is dedicated to the winners of the scheme each year. .

Compare this 12 billion naira to over 2.5 trillion naira comfortably paid by the government to subsidy criminals each year.
Compare this 12 billion naira to the 4 trillion naira ($20 billion) said to be missing from the treasury sometime last year.
Compare this 12 billion naira to over 200 billion naira wasted by the president in seeking re-election this year.

So who is fooling who? At the end of this Youwin programme, only 0.5 to 1% of applicants will get their businesses empowered. Make no mistake about it, this is practically the only hope many people can see to get empowered in President Goodluck Jonathan's administration, being that there are no meaningful jobs going to be created by this administration in the in the next 4 years (if re-elected) in the absense of electricity, refineries and excessive corruption going on under this government which wastes tens of trillions of naira annually.

Nigerians should demand their rights! I WARN, DEMAND YOUR RIGHTS before President Goodluck's re-election. After the election, you people will be forgotten and abandoned again! President Jonathan did it in 4 years, he will do it again.

MY SUGGESTION: Compel the President to increase the number of beneficiaries this year to 100,000 people. Yes, 100,000 businesses will amount to 1 trillion naira budget for the program this year. Yes, that is the only meaningful thing this government can do to generate meaningful employment for graduates and undergraduates alike. Why 100,000? Because this government is going to spend the next 3 years getting back all that it spent from the election. For a government that is already notorious with corruption, you can imagine how abandoned Nigerians will be.

Withhold Your votes till the president does this. Mr President is playing with the silence of Nigerians. Keep silent and he will continue to take you for a fool. In the last couple of weeks, we have seen the president running from the south west to the north begging for re-election and sharing billions of naira much bigger than the so-called YOUWIn programme. Over the 3 year period that the programme has empowered 3,600 youths, less than 36 billion naira has been given to people to run their businesses. Yet, more than 100 billion naira has been wasted by the president in a couple of weeks seeking re-election, did that money empower you? Be Wise

Never allow President Goodluck Jonathan deceive you again
Never allow President Goodluck Jonathan use your common wealth irresponsibly while you languish in hopelessness
Never allow Mr President waste money on frivolities while Your needs and the needs of your loved ones are neglected.

Be Wise, You will be forgotten after the election, compel the president to empower you NOW or forget re-election.
Be Wise, only 1,200 will be empowered, you are merely among over 100,000 applicants. Be Wise!

Nigerian Youths have a major stake in this country. If the president must be re-elected, he must make a firm promise of compensation to the youths.

THIS YEAR, I AM DEMANDING ON BEHALF OF THE NIGERIAN YOUTHS THAT 100,000 PEOPLE BE EMPOWERED THROUGH THE YOUWIN PROGRAMME to create meaningful employment that will get our sons and daughters off the streets.

Join me and send a clear message to the president, [size=26pt]100,000 winners or No Vote.[/size]

NB: This message is for everyone. Whether you're campaigning for the president, supporting his re-election, supporting the opposition or not, You are all Nigerians. If the president is re-elected, your contract ends either with him or the opposition. Demand your true compensation now that you have the chance! Join this thread and also create more related threads in protest, let your voices be heard

9 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Youwin Is A Joke. Nigerians Take Note And Demand Your Rights by francizy(m): 5:58am On Mar 15, 2015
I will agree with increasing the number but don't you think 100,000 is to much to dish out grants to on yearly basis? Mind you, these businesses need to be monitored to ensure they are doing well, else you dish out trillions of wanted naira to Nigerians.

Now multiply 100,000 by 10M pa say, do you know how much it will amount to?

My take on this is that if he should make it 100k, then he should make it just once in his administration, and not on yearly basis.

And if he does, it's necessary he does the fund raising thing, open a Youwin account, invite Nigeria's biggest businessmen and politicians to donate to the account in order to actualize giving out grants to a 100,000 applicants.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Youwin Is A Joke. Nigerians Take Note And Demand Your Rights by Vicotex(m): 6:08am On Mar 15, 2015
socialmediaman:
I hear a lot of Nigerians talking about Youwin and using it as a benchmark for re-electing President Goodluck Jonathan. All i can tell you is, sorry!

First of all, i will give some credit to Mr President for initiating the Youwin programme to empower Nigerians, however, i condemn him seriously for using it to take glory when it has achieved very little difference on the economy. All i can see is deceit and Nigerians being taken advantage of.

Only 1% of the Youwin applicants end up getting the grants they need to start their businesses. This is a mere 1,200 people out of over 100,000 applicants each year. The rest are abandoned and asked to try again and again, and they hinge their hope on this little project which the government is using to deceive them and take glory

As a first pointer, only about 12 billion naira is dedicated to the winners of the scheme each year. .

Compare this 12 billion naira to over 2.5 trillion naira comfortably paid by the government to subsidy criminals each year.
Compare this 12 billion naira to the 4 trillion naira ($20 billion) said to be missing from the treasury sometime last year.
Compare this 12 billion naira to over 200 billion naira wasted by the president in seeking re-election this year.

So who is fooling who? At the end of this Youwin programme, only 0.5 to 1% of applicants will get their businesses empowered. Make no mistake about it, this is practically the only hope many people can see to get empowered in President Goodluck Jonathan's administration, being that there are no meaningful jobs going to be created by this administration in the in the next 4 years (if re-elected) in the absense of electricity, refineries and excessive corruption going on under this government which wastes tens of trillions of naira annually.

Nigerians should demand their rights! I WARN, DEMAND YOUR RIGHTS before President Goodluck's re-election. After the election, you people will be forgotten and abandoned again! President Jonathan did it in 4 years, he will do it again.

MY SUGGESTION: Compel the President to increase the number of beneficiaries this year to 100,000 people. Yes, 100,000 businesses will amount to 1 trillion naira budget for the program this year. Yes, that is the only meaningful thing this government can do to generate meaningful employment for graduates and undergraduates alike. Why 100,000? Because this government is going to spend the next 3 years getting back all that it spent from the election. For a government that is already notorious with corruption, you can imagine how abandoned Nigerians will be.

Withhold Your votes till the president does this. Mr President is playing with the silence of Nigerians. Keep silent and he will continue to take you for a fool. In the last couple of weeks, we have seen the president running from the south west to the north begging for re-election and sharing billions of naira much bigger than the so-called YOUWIn programme. Over the 3 year period that the programme has empowered 3,600 youths, less than 36 billion naira has been given to people to run their businesses. Yet, more than 100 billion naira has been wasted by the president in a couple of weeks seeking re-election, did that money empower you? Be Wise

Never allow President Goodluck Jonathan deceive you again
Never allow President Goodluck Jonathan use your common wealth irresponsibly while you languish in hopelessness
Never allow Mr President waste money on frivolities while Your needs and the needs of your loved ones are neglected.

Be Wise, You will be forgotten after the election, compel the president to empower you NOW or forget re-election.
Be Wise, only 1,200 will be empowered, you are merely among over 100,000 applicants. Be Wise!

Nigerian Youths have a major stake in this country. If the president must be re-elected, he must make a firm promise of compensation to the youths.

THIS YEAR, I AM DEMANDING ON BEHALF OF THE NIGERIAN YOUTHS THAT 100,000 PEOPLE BE EMPOWERED THROUGH THE YOUWIN PROGRAMME to create meaningful employment that will get our sons and daughters off the streets.

Join me and send a clear message to the president, [size=26pt]100,000 winners or No Vote.[/size]

NB: This message is for everyone. Whether you're campaigning for the president, supporting his re-election, supporting the opposition or not, You are all Nigerians. If the president is re-elected, your contract ends either with him or the opposition. Demand your true compensation now that you have the chance! Join this thread and also create more related threads in protest, let your voices be heard
What is madness?

Madness is when you think voting for Buhari will automatically turn you to a Mark Zuckerberg

Madness is when you think voting for Buhari will automatically give you 24/7 hour electricity (Let there be light, and there was light) grin

Madness is when you think voting for Buhari will land you a job in Shell

Madness is when you think voting for Buhari will eradicate your personal & family problems.

Madness is when you think voting a Buhari will automatically land GOODLUCK & FAYOSE in Kirikiri, while TINUBU & AMAECHI moves freely from Lagos to Bayelsa, Abuja to Delta. cheesy

What is madness?

Madness is YOU, if you've ever assume any of the above will come to pass

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jonathan's Youwin Is A Joke. Nigerians Take Note And Demand Your Rights by socialmediaman: 6:21am On Mar 15, 2015
francizy:
I will agree with increasing the number but don't you think 100,000 is to much to dish out yearly?

Now multiply 100,000 by 10M pa say, do you know how much it will amount to?

My take on this is that if he should make it 100k, then he should make it once in his administration program, and not on yearly basis.

And if he does, it's necessary he does the fund raising thing, open a Youwin account, invite Nigeria's biggest businessmen and politicians to donate to the account in order to actualize giving out grants to a 100,000 applicants.

I agree on your suggestion, but i do not think that 100,000 is much. Let me explain:

Not everyone needs 10million to start a business. some need 2million just to stabilize their one man business, some need 2million just to add backup electricity (solar panels and inverters) to their existing businesses, some need just 5 million to start a business that will employ like 5 people. Many people will use just 3 million or less to open standard barbing salons, hair dressing salons etc and they should not be part of the major Youwin program. There should be a MIcro-Youwin that can empower up to 100,000 business or more to startup on their own businesses, but still, the major Youwin that gives up to 10million should be able to empower up to at least 25,000 people annually, thats like 250billion. If Jonathan can empower over 100,000 businesses annually, he has every right to completely remove subsidy so that people can bring the money invested on empowerment and let it revolve within the economy. [size=14pt]That 2 trillion that is paid to cabals can empower up to 500,000 businesses annually,[/size] you get my point?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Youwin Is A Joke. Nigerians Take Note And Demand Your Rights by socialmediaman: 6:23am On Mar 15, 2015
Vicotex:
What is madness?

Madness is when you think voting for Buhari will automatically turn you to a Mark Zuckerberg

Madness is when you think voting for Buhari will automatically give you 24/7 hour electricity (Let there be light, and there was light) grin

Madness is when you think voting for Buhari will land you a job in Shell

Madness is when you think voting for Buhari will eradicate your personal & family problems.

Madness is when you think voting a Buhari will automatically land GOODLUCK & FAYOSE in Kirikiri, while TINUBU & AMAECHI moves freely from Lagos to Bayelsa, Abuja to Delta. cheesy

What is madness?

Madness is YOU, if you've ever assume any of the above will come to pass

I do not expect much from a robot. Go to developed countries and see how they run things. People easily access credit for business, education and other services.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan's Youwin Is A Joke. Nigerians Take Note And Demand Your Rights by buharisambisada: 6:31am On Mar 15, 2015
Name the country let me tell you about their credit system those countries that has been in recession for God know how long with their jobless youth roaming the streets,is it usa ? Or italy ,france spain or the uk come on say it daunce.

socialmediaman:

I do not expect much from a robot. Go to developed countries and see how they run things. People easily access credit for business, education and other services.

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Youwin Is A Joke. Nigerians Take Note And Demand Your Rights by socialmediaman: 6:44am On Mar 15, 2015
buharisambisada:
Name the country let me tell you about their credit system those countries that has been in recession for God know how long with their jobless youth roaming the streets,is it usa ? Or italy ,france spain or the uk come on say it daunce.

Really? Do you spend $10,000 dollars cash to buy a car in the developed countries? Do you not know that even restaurant waiters and waitresses, dishwashers, house cleaners, hotel attendants, hair stylists and everyone else at the low end of the job strata can afford to buy a car or rent an apartment? While people at the middle end of it can afford houses on mortgage etc. People can access study loans my friend. Even ROchas is doing a bit of it in Imo state so i dont need to call the USA on this one. So tell me, if Nigerians have credit facilities and loans without collateral, what the heck are you then talking about?

The recession in the countries you mentioned is a "credit cruch" which is the problem experienced in the same credit system that made it more difficult for people to access credit or refinance bad debt etc. And stop calling names when you want to make an opinion, you are not more knowledgeable than i am

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan's Youwin Is A Joke. Nigerians Take Note And Demand Your Rights by Denn(m): 6:45am On Mar 15, 2015
Op is simply a youwin applicant this year.

Op has a selfish agenda.... To ensure he wins... Op knows the quality of his application might not scale through so has devised this means.

Youwin is a competition..... Not every business application can win.... Not even all the winners will get successful businesses despite the funding....
Op has an unrealistic budget of 1 trillion naira for only youwin.... Where is road construction, insurgency, payroll, climate change, agriculture, rural development etc?

Youwin is not a scam nor a joke. It is real.

9 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Youwin Is A Joke. Nigerians Take Note And Demand Your Rights by socialmediaman: 6:50am On Mar 15, 2015
Denn:
[s]Op is simply a youwin applicant this year.[/s]

[s]Op has a selfish agenda.... To ensure he wins... Op knows the quality of his application might not scale through so has devised this means.

Youwin is a competition..... Not every business application can win.... Not even all the winners will get successful businesses despite the funding....
Op has an unrealistic budget of 1 trillion naira for only youwin.... Where is road construction, insurgency, payroll, climate change, agriculture, rural development etc?

Youwin is not a scam nor a joke. It is real.[/s]

OP is not an applicant, OP has friends and relatives applying for Youwin and he feels sorry for them because they will be scammed again and Jonathan will take glory for another 4 years.

OP is alarmed to hear that trillions of money are squandered while only little is used to empower youths in nigeria, when the youths make up 65 to 70% of the population.

Get that into your head. Not everyone concerned about government is directly affected. I love my country and i am fighting for my people the way other countries do

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Youwin Is A Joke. Nigerians Take Note And Demand Your Rights by francizy(m): 7:03am On Mar 15, 2015
socialmediaman:

I agree on your suggestion, but i do not think that 100,000 is much. Let me explain:

Not everyone needs 10million to start a business. some need 2million just to stabilize their one man business, some need 2million just to add backup electricity (solar panels and inverters) to their existing businesses, some need just 5 million to start a business that will employ like 5 people. Many people will use just 3 million or less to open standard barbing salons, hair dressing salons etc and they should not be part of the major Youwin program. There should be a MIcro-Youwin that can empower up to 100,000 business or more to startup on their own businesses, but still, the major Youwin that gives up to 10million should be able to empower up to at least 25,000 people annually, thats like 250billion. If Jonathan can empower over 100,000 businesses annually, he has every right to completely remove subsidy so that people can bring the money invested on empowerment and let it revolve within the economy. [size=14pt]That 2 trillion that is paid to cabals can empower up to 500,000 businesses annually,[/size] you get my point?

You have forgotten that not everyone will agree with the "completely remove subsidy" suggestion? Can you recall what happened in 2012 because of that? Not even everyone has/will have interest in running their own businesses because some people will just prefer to work and earn salaries, while others will prefer to run businesses.

Also, don't forget it that it will be very difficult monitoring as much as 100K businesses.
Re: Jonathan's Youwin Is A Joke. Nigerians Take Note And Demand Your Rights by Sweetguy25: 7:12am On Mar 15, 2015
Your level of reasoning is very low. The YouWin grant is given to entrepreneurs with the most feasible (technically, operationally and financially). Not everyone is cut out to be an entrepreneur. If you are not capable of running a business and you apply, your weaknesses will be exposed and you will be rejected. Giving millions of naira to a 100,000 people will be a pure waste because majority of the recipients are bound not to create any value with the cash received. In two or three years, the money will be gone and they will start looking for another free money. Youwin will also not be able to monitor recipients of the grants.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Youwin Is A Joke. Nigerians Take Note And Demand Your Rights by socialmediaman: 7:16am On Mar 15, 2015
francizy:

You have forgotten that not everyone will agree with the "completely remove subsidy" suggestion? Can you recall what happened in 2012 because of that? Not even everyone has/will have interest in running their own businesses because some people will just prefer to work and earn salaries, while others will prefer to run businesses.

Also, don't forget it that it will be very difficult monitoring as much as 100K businesses.

At least we both agree that that the 1,200 people being empowered is too small. It has to be increased, minimum 25,000. I agree that many people prefer to work, but where are the jobs? many of our banks have started proposing to downsize their staff, who will employ these people if their are no standard businesses? if 100,000 businesses are empowered annually within a timeframe of 4years and they can employ up to 5 to 10 people each, that is when we can talk about job creation. For now we need to start building a support base for our economy. No money that is plughed into the system is lost because it comes back to government through taxation

ADDED:

On the issue of monitoring, FG doesnt need to have people coming from abuja all the time, the states can do that, or even the banks, depending on the arrangements you make. In some quarters, the government simply injects this money into banks and ask the banks to use their policies and offer these as non-interest loans, then government does oversight function

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Youwin Is A Joke. Nigerians Take Note And Demand Your Rights by socialmediaman: 7:18am On Mar 15, 2015
Sweetguy25:
Your level of reasoning is very low. The YouWin grant is given to entrepreneurs with the most feasible (technically, operationally and financially). Not everyone is cut out to be an entrepreneur. If you are not capable of running a business and you apply, your weaknesses will be exposed and you will be rejected. Giving millions of naira to a 100,000 people will be a pure waste because majority of the recipients are bound not to create any value with the cash received. In two or three years, the money will be gone and they will start looking for another free money. Youwin will also not be able to monitor recipients of the grants.

Your opinion. People cant make a point without displaying insanity these days. and they call themselves "civilised" Civilised my foot

Like i said, not every business needs 10 million. I dont have much to reply to this rubbish

EDITED:

By the way, which is pure waste, giving 2 trillion to subsidy cabals and traditional chiefs for re-election, or training youths who are applying to scarce jobs to become employers of labour, and empowering them to actually become so? I dont have to start spelling out the whole procedure to you
Re: Jonathan's Youwin Is A Joke. Nigerians Take Note And Demand Your Rights by Sweetguy25: 7:31am On Mar 15, 2015
socialmediaman:

Really? Do you spend $10,000 dollars cash to buy a car in the developed countries? Do you not know that even restaurant waiters and waitresses, dishwashers, house cleaners, hotel attendants, hair stylists and everyone else at the low end of the job strata can afford to buy a car or rent an apartment? While people at the middle end of it can afford houses on mortgage etc. People can access study loans my friend. Even ROchas is doing a bit of it in Imo state so i dont need to call the USA on this one. So tell me, if Nigerians have credit facilities and loans without collateral, what the heck are you then talking about?

The recession in the countries you mentioned is a "credit cruch" which is the problem experienced in the same credit system that made it more difficult for people to access credit or refinance bad debt etc. And stop calling names when you want to make an opinion, you are not more knowledgeable than i am
. You have exposed your ignorance again. Most people cannot assess credit properly in Nigeria because the financial system is not properly securitized. People can easily assess credit in developed countries because the government has a database of every citizen living in the country. This is exact opposite in Nigeria, where less than 30 percent Nigerians are captured in our national database. Anybody can claim to be a Nigerian, you can easily walk to any court and swear an affidavit with less than 500 naira, have valid drivers licences, international passports and other form of identification. Such a person can borrow money and run away, leaving the financial system at risk. The CBN has come up with the Bank Verification Number to make the financial system more secure. The NIMC now has an electronic biometric national database. It is not Jonathan's fault that our past rulers never thought of putting these systems in place.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Youwin Is A Joke. Nigerians Take Note And Demand Your Rights by buharisambisada: 7:37am On Mar 15, 2015
Yes if you have the cash you can buy a car with cash in the west,in which country stop showing yourself here don't allow people know how shallow minded you have become or i guess you have never lived out side the shores of nigeria you are saying all this because of your blind support for apc buy a car or rent an apartment nah who dash monkey banana if your credit rating is not high you can't do any of these yes you can get a small loan in accordance with what you earn,talking of mortgage do you know how many people that can't pay their mortgage and homes taken from them? you must be living in a fools paradise by all you hear go and live abroad and you would thank God for Nigeria.

socialmediaman:

Re: Jonathan's Youwin Is A Joke. Nigerians Take Note And Demand Your Rights by Sweetguy25: 7:41am On Mar 15, 2015
socialmediaman:

Your opinion. People cant make a point without displaying insanity these days. and they call themselves "civilised" Civilised my foot

Like i said, not every business needs 10 million. I dont have much to reply to this rubbish

EDITED:

By the way, which is pure waste, giving 2 trillion to subsidy cabals and traditional chiefs for re-election, or training youths who are applying to scarce jobs to become employers of labour, and empowering them to actually become so? I dont have to start spelling out the whole procedure to you
. Once again, your gross ignorance has been exposed. The youwin grant doesn't give 10 million naira to every applicant. 10 million is the maximum amount you can receive. Jonathan actually tried to end subsidy but you all refused. So what exactly is your point?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Youwin Is A Joke. Nigerians Take Note And Demand Your Rights by emeka2847: 7:42am On Mar 15, 2015
Youwin is just like Lotto
Re: Jonathan's Youwin Is A Joke. Nigerians Take Note And Demand Your Rights by Denn(m): 7:46am On Mar 15, 2015
socialmediaman:

OP is not an applicant, OP has friends and relatives applying for Youwin and he feels sorry for them because they will be scammed again and Jonathan will take glory for another 4 years.

OP is alarmed to hear that trillions of money are squandered while only little is used to empower youths in nigeria, when the youths make up 65 to 70% of the population.

Get that into your head. Not everyone concerned about government is directly affected. I love my country and i am fighting for my people the way other countries do

How concerned can you be when you are an APC apologist?

All your posts are propaganda against GEJ's government.

You registered a new account simply for this.

If you think youwin is a scam, then Harvard admissions are scams too... Harvard is more competitive than youwin.... Why don't you suggest that they create more spaces for students in the Premier universities so as to accommodate more applications?

If you have friends applying for youwin, why not invest your time is tutoring them on how to apply.... Instead of blaming the system?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Youwin Is A Joke. Nigerians Take Note And Demand Your Rights by socialmediaman: 7:49am On Mar 15, 2015
Sweetguy25:
. You have exposed your ignorance again. Most people cannot assess credit properly in Nigeria because the financial system is not properly securitized. People can easily assess credit in developed countries because the government has a database of every citizen living in the country. This is exact opposite in Nigeria, where less than 30 percent Nigerians are captured in our national database. Anybody can claim to be a Nigerian, you can easily walk to any court and swear an affidavit with less than 500 naira, have valid drivers licences, international passports and other form of identification. Such a person can borrow money and run away, leaving the financial system at risk. The CBN has come up with the Bank Verification Number to make the financial system more secure. The NIMC now has an electronic biometric national database. It is not Jonathan's fault that our past rulers never thought of putting these systems in place.

You see what i am talking about? You claim to know yet you dont know anything.

How do you get people into the database? You tell them to come and access services like loans and credit, and that is how you get them registered. Even in the USA today, some states are legally allowing illegal immigrants to have drivers license to drive cars, which is a ploy to know their numbers and know who they are. I will educate you if do not know that anything is possible abroad is possible in Nigeria.

By the way if you think people will take the money and run away, then you dont know that there are systems and processes you can put in place to minimize risk. I prefer discussing with intellectuals who see the positive side of things than dwell on the negatives. Nothing we do in Nigeria is the first in the world, so there are ways in which they were done in other countries and became successful
Re: Jonathan's Youwin Is A Joke. Nigerians Take Note And Demand Your Rights by socialmediaman: 7:52am On Mar 15, 2015
Denn:

If you think youwin is a scam, then Harvard admissions are scams too... Harvard is more competitive than youwin.... Why don't you suggest that they create more spaces for students in the Premier universities so as to accommodate more applications?

If you have friends applying for youwin, why not invest your time is tutoring them on how to apply.... Instead of blaming the system?

its a wasteof time lecturing people on how to apply, only 1,200 will be selected, not because their businesses are no good, but because alot of things come into play like state or origin, state of business location, type of business perceived to thrive in a particular region, competitiveness of applicants etc. It should be more of a program than a competition
Re: Jonathan's Youwin Is A Joke. Nigerians Take Note And Demand Your Rights by Denn(m): 7:56am On Mar 15, 2015
emeka2847:
Youwin is just like Lotto

A lotto is a gamble.... Youwin is a competition.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Youwin Is A Joke. Nigerians Take Note And Demand Your Rights by socialmediaman: 7:59am On Mar 15, 2015
Denn:

I am not an APC apologist. I am simply a critique of Jonathan because he is the president. His government is lawless and lukewarm and if this is what we are going to have, then there is a problem. Not every government critique is an opposition, some are more patriot than just wanting to take over government. I want the president to sit up to his responsibilities, period

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Youwin Is A Joke. Nigerians Take Note And Demand Your Rights by Denn(m): 8:04am On Mar 15, 2015
socialmediaman:

its a wasteof time lecturing people on how to apply, only 1,200 will be selected, not because their businesses are no good, but because alot of things come into play like state or origin, state of business location, type of business perceived to thrive in a particular region, competitiveness of applicants etc. It should be more of a program than a competition

You have a set mindset.... You see a good competition and still critique it. what do you really want?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Youwin Is A Joke. Nigerians Take Note And Demand Your Rights by Denn(m): 8:10am On Mar 15, 2015
socialmediaman:

I am not an APC apologist. I am simply a critique of Jonathan because he is the president. His government is lawless and lukewarm and if this is what we are going to have, then there is a problem. Not every government critique is an opposition, some are more patriot than just wanting to take over government. I want the president to sit up to his responsibilities, period

You hate anything Jonathan.... Hnmmmmmmmmmm. Now I get you. The president introduced youwin.... Thousands of people have benefited, yet you call it a joke.

Youwin is a programme that many governments worldwide will soon copy. Technocrats from the University of Liverpool came around and confessed that it is one of the most brilliant empowerment programmes world wide.

Yet, you see it as a joke.

Just because your friends or you have not benefited?

You were even sordid with figures and assumed one trillion should be spent annually on youwin... Like seriously? In this austerity times? You need basic lectures on economics.

Can you tell us how you would finance a one trillion naira per annum youwin budget.... Facts and not fantasies please

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Youwin Is A Joke. Nigerians Take Note And Demand Your Rights by socialmediaman: 8:12am On Mar 15, 2015
Denn:

You have a set mindset.... You see a good competition and still critique it. what do you really want?

I am a Nigerian and i say 1,200 is not enough. If the president increases it to 10,000 or 20,000 i will commend him because only then will it make meaningful impact on the economy. That is what i want. If he does that, then i care less if he rules another 25 years. And he has till March 27 to make that decision or i advise all youths to punish him with their votes the way he has punished them since 4 years.
Re: Jonathan's Youwin Is A Joke. Nigerians Take Note And Demand Your Rights by Denn(m): 8:17am On Mar 15, 2015
You registered on NL just on March 8, 2015 and all your posts have been against Jonathan...

You are a propagandist.

You have nothing concrete against youwin...

You are just he'll bent on going against the current government.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Youwin Is A Joke. Nigerians Take Note And Demand Your Rights by Denn(m): 8:21am On Mar 15, 2015
socialmediaman:

I am a Nigerian and i say 1,200 is not enough. If the president increases it to 10,000 or 20,000 i will commend him because only then will it make meaningful impact on the economy. That is what i want. If he does that, then i care less if he rules another 25 years. And he has till March 27 to make that decision or i advise all youths to punish him with their votes the way he has punished them since 4 years.

Give your facts to show why 1,500 (not 1,200 as you erroneously have been quoting) is not a viable option using present resources.

Justify your position on why 10,000 or 20,000 is the new optimal as against the 100,000 you quoted just minutes ago.

Finally, explain how you intend to fund the one trillion naira proposed youwin budget at a time when global crude oil price is hovering at 50 usd

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Youwin Is A Joke. Nigerians Take Note And Demand Your Rights by socialmediaman: 8:29am On Mar 15, 2015
Denn:

You hate anything Jonathan.... Hnmmmmmmmmmm. Now I get you. The president introduced youwin.... Thousands of people have benefited, yet you call it a joke.

Youwin is a programme that many governments worldwide will soon copy. Technocrats from the University of Liverpool came around and confessed that it is one of the most brilliant empowerment programmes world wide.

Yet, you see it as a joke.

Just because your friends or you have not benefited?

You were even sordid with figures and assumed one trillion should be spent annually on youwin... Like seriously? In this austerity times? You need basic lectures on economics.

Can you tell us how you would finance a one trillion naira per annum youwin budget.... Facts and not fantasies please

Ok you need lectures? Good

1. One trillion naira can be financed through reduction or complete removal of subidy. I am not saying increase petrol cost. I am saying investigate the sector and remove corruption from the system, you and i know that subsidy increased from less than 600 billion to 2 trillion due to corruption. If you cannot do that, then you must understand why people are shouting "change"

2. Taxes. There is a tax system fraud in Nigeria. The government tax agencies and consultants go about fictitiously reducing the taxation obligation of mega companies for varying amounts of bribe. If a company is to pay, lets say 5 billion, the tax consultants will make fraudulent assessments and bring it down to 50 million. How much have you lost?

By the way there are other areas we are not taxed in Nigeria. WHEN last did you pay tax after buying a house? or after renting a house? how much is government losing from that sector?

3. Customs. Its no news that only less than 10% of what is generated in the customs and ports goes back to government. So how much are you losing from that sector?
Re: Jonathan's Youwin Is A Joke. Nigerians Take Note And Demand Your Rights by socialmediaman: 8:34am On Mar 15, 2015
Denn:

Give your facts to show why 1,500 (not 1,200 as you erroneously have been quoting) is not a viable option using present resources.

Justify your position on why 10,000 or 20,000 is the new optimal as against the 100,000 you quoted just minutes ago.

Finally, explain how you intend to fund the one trillion naira proposed youwin budget at a time when global crude oil price is hovering at 50 usd

Using present resources, how much are our legislators earning?
Using present resorces, how much is being fraudulently wasted on subsidy cabals? A whooping half of the country's budget
Using present resources, how much has been spent on re-election campaign?

Many of us are now wise Mr GEJ apologist. We want it now or no vote. March 27 is the deadline. Tell that to the President
Re: Jonathan's Youwin Is A Joke. Nigerians Take Note And Demand Your Rights by Denn(m): 8:43am On Mar 15, 2015
socialmediaman:

Ok you need lectures? Good

1. One trillion naira can be financed through reduction or complete removal of subidy. I am not saying increase petrol cost. I am saying investigate the sector and remove corruption from the system, you and i know that subsidy increased from less than 600 billion to 2 trillion due to corruption. If you cannot do that, then you must understand why people are shouting "change"

2. Taxes. There is a tax system fraud in Nigeria. The government tax agencies and consultants go about fictitiously reducing the taxation obligation of mega companies for varying amounts of bribe. If a company is to pay, lets say 5 billion, the tax consultants will make fraudulent assessments and bring it down to 50 million. How much have you lost?

By the way there are other areas we are not taxed in Nigeria. WHEN last did you pay tax after buying a house? or after renting a house? how much is government losing from that sector?

3. Customs. Its no news that only less than 10% of what is generated in the customs and ports goes back to government. So how much are you losing from that sector?

Your answers are shallow.

You quote statistics from the air as if you are Pele.

Reducing tax obligations legally is done everywhere worldwide... Google Tax Evasion and Tax Avoidance. If you have evidence of a fraud in a particular company, blow the whistle....not assume like it's a beer parlour talk.

Have you heard of SURE-P? Does it ring a bell with subsidy?

Do you know the proposed revenue of the federal government for 2015? If you were a president, will you really take over one trillion naira to finance just one programme?
Re: Jonathan's Youwin Is A Joke. Nigerians Take Note And Demand Your Rights by Denn(m): 8:46am On Mar 15, 2015
socialmediaman:

Using present resources, how much are our legislators earning?
Using present resorces, how much is being fraudulently wasted on subsidy cabals? A whooping half of the country's budget
Using present resources, how much has been spent on re-election campaign?

Many of us are now wise Mr GEJ apologist. We want it now or no vote. March 27 is the deadline. Tell that to the President

You are just a propaganda tool

You remind me of the Nazi loudspeakers of WW2. The Germans placed loud speakers at war fronts and tried to persuade allied forces to drop their guns and surrender. They promised hot baths with pretty ladies....

When you have verifiable facts, come back.
Re: Jonathan's Youwin Is A Joke. Nigerians Take Note And Demand Your Rights by youngeagle(m): 8:56am On Mar 15, 2015
There is nothing u will do on this world to please Nigerians,nothing on earth is perfect,@ list the programme hve helped so many youths and the gain is a long time one,imagine 50 out of the 100 entrepreneurs survives till the next 50yrs,do you know how many graduates they will employ,when u plant a seed it doesn't bear fruits. Immediately,it takes time....and GEJ hve planted that seed,so appreciate and stop hating and finding faults.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Child Who Died Of Dog Bite Wakes Up At Funeral / President Buhari Commissions Mango As Part Of His Working Visit To Jigawa(photo) / “Tell Them That I’m Not Godswill Akpabio” – Fayose Fires EFCC, APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.