Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,315 members, 7,819,069 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

Tinubu Confesses At Last – I Betrayed Ribadu To Support Jonathan In 2011 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Confesses At Last – I Betrayed Ribadu To Support Jonathan In 2011 (1213 Views)

Purge Yourselves Of Corruption First Before Challenging APC - Ribadu To PDP / I Betrayed Kwankwaso, Amaechi, Others- Gov. LAMIDO Admits. / Kano APC In Disarray, Kwankwasiya Movment To Support Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Confesses At Last – I Betrayed Ribadu To Support Jonathan In 2011 by gbemonology1: 8:23am On Mar 15, 2015
n what could be described as an act of betrayal, former Lagos State Governor and a national leader of All Progressives Congress, APC has voiced out he actually worked against his party who had former the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission boss, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu as the Presidential candidate of the defunct Action Congress of Nigeria in 2011 presidential race.

Bola Tinubu revealed that he was instrumental to the victory of President Goodluck Jonathan in the 2011 general elections.

He said this yesterday during the Ndigbo APC governorship rally held at the Onikan Stadium, La­gos. His words: “In 2011, I helped Jonathan become President because he made us believe he was a breath of fresh air. I didn’t say be­cause he was from Bayelsa that I would not help him. We voted for him because he promised to make our lives better. But now, he has failed us.”

It will be recalled Ribudu was expected to win the presidential election with high margin in Lagos State and other southwestern states was beaten by President Goodluck Jonathan blue-black except in Osun State, where Governor Rauf Areagbesola delivered the state to Ribadu.

Meanwhile, Tinubu called on the Igbo liv­ing in Lagos to support the APC to continue reaping the dividends of democ­racy. He urged them not to allow politics of tribe and religion to influence their decision at the polls.

“Igbo have lived here for years, and nobody has discriminated against them. No one would fight them because they are based in their land. No one can de­termine the tribe or fam­ily where he is born; it is only God that can do that. Therefore, everyone must be treated with equality and respect. Today, Nige­ria is no longer safe. But because election is now approaching, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has remembered you. Can they give Igbo shops in Lagos? Can they give their children scholarships? In Lagos, when we give you shops, we don’t ask you where you come from. We let you do your business. We don’t build roads and say Igbo people should not ply them.

Over 500 Igbo are in the Lagos State civil service and we don’t discriminate when it comes to promo­tion,” he said.

“The PDP-led adminis­tration has ruined the econ­omy and that is why many Igbo businessmen are suf­fering now. Because of the dollar exchange rate, the rate of imported goods has increased and has crippled many businesses.”

“The country is no lon­ger secure, but with Gen Muhammadu Buhari as president, he would flush out the Boko Haram sect just as he flushed out Mai­tasine when he was the Head of State. So, I urge every Igbo person living in Lagos to support APC just as the APC government has supported Igbo.”

The governorship can­didate of the APC, Akin­wumi Ambode, promised to empower Igbo youths and make life more mean­ingful by creating a better enabling environment for their businesses to thrive.

Source: http://www.saharanewsonline.com/politics/tinubu-confesses-at-last-i-betrayed-ribadu-to-support-jonathan-in-2011/
Re: Tinubu Confesses At Last – I Betrayed Ribadu To Support Jonathan In 2011 by francizy(m): 8:27am On Mar 15, 2015
Trust the Nigeria's biggest landlord at your own peril

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu Confesses At Last – I Betrayed Ribadu To Support Jonathan In 2011 by babs01(m): 8:30am On Mar 15, 2015
Nd if e no get house to accommodate una, where una 4 dey stay, under bridge en? shiiiiiiiior
Re: Tinubu Confesses At Last – I Betrayed Ribadu To Support Jonathan In 2011 by temitemi1(m): 8:31am On Mar 15, 2015
You will do it again if the pay is good grin grin grin. GEJ till 2019!!!

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Confesses At Last – I Betrayed Ribadu To Support Jonathan In 2011 by victorD3: 8:35am On Mar 15, 2015
Why is he just accepting now ? A known fact he never admitted to, this is just to show us how desperately Tinubu wants to retain Lagos(his money tank) and maybe the presidency which is unlikely.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Confesses At Last – I Betrayed Ribadu To Support Jonathan In 2011 by obibankz(m): 8:36am On Mar 15, 2015
Ok
Re: Tinubu Confesses At Last – I Betrayed Ribadu To Support Jonathan In 2011 by ardeks(m): 8:56am On Mar 15, 2015
This is an already known fact. »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Call (08104025614) for complete video tutorial on web designing (XHTML, CSS, PHP, MySQL, Javascript, JSON etc)
Re: Tinubu Confesses At Last – I Betrayed Ribadu To Support Jonathan In 2011 by LagosBoi2(m): 9:06am On Mar 15, 2015
ok
Re: Tinubu Confesses At Last – I Betrayed Ribadu To Support Jonathan In 2011 by AmucheJane(f): 9:17am On Mar 15, 2015
Your headache. GEJ till 2019

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Confesses At Last – I Betrayed Ribadu To Support Jonathan In 2011 by jayonpoint(m): 9:27am On Mar 15, 2015
temitemi1:
You will do it again if the pay is good grin grin grin. GEJ till 2019!!!
Mumu! Jonathan offered him 200Billion to defray his campaign funds plus Interim govt VP but he rejected it all hence the damaging propaganda documentary against him when he isn't standing for any political office. Who in nigeria that's nt corrupt? Who's administration is ranked the most corrupt in the history of nigeria? It jonathan! His sharing of dollars to groups, traditional rulers n religeous leaders even govt institutions are all dollarize in the face of crumbling economy. Many businesses today are deadn civil servants are owed many months, oil marketers are owed several billions of naira cuz there're no money to pay for the services.
Can't u people see or u're simply bn blind n shouting GEJ till 2019 for his obvious failure? Mediocres n sycophants even tho things are bad for ur livelihood. Jonathan is failure nigeria needs to do away with jonathan. Return him n blame ursef for post-election even worst economy situations. Recently report has it that works ministry budget was reduced by 89% (11billion) as against the culture of 100billion annually. Wht does this mean? There won't any road network for anoda four years of jonthan extention of office.

Vote wisely, vote buhari/yemi osibanjo

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Confesses At Last – I Betrayed Ribadu To Support Jonathan In 2011 by gbemonology1: 9:41am On Mar 15, 2015
grin
Re: Tinubu Confesses At Last – I Betrayed Ribadu To Support Jonathan In 2011 by eightsin(m): 11:10am On Mar 15, 2015
Politics is a dirty game meant for the strong and swift.
Re: Tinubu Confesses At Last – I Betrayed Ribadu To Support Jonathan In 2011 by bjdon: 11:28am On Mar 15, 2015
Buhari are you reading this?

Tinubu only cares about Tinubu nothing else!!
Re: Tinubu Confesses At Last – I Betrayed Ribadu To Support Jonathan In 2011 by POPdecorator: 11:42am On Mar 15, 2015
He betray ribadu for jonathan,jonathan won

now he betray jonathan through rejection of intrem VP and buhari go win

sai buhari

sai change

sai APC
Re: Tinubu Confesses At Last – I Betrayed Ribadu To Support Jonathan In 2011 by yinkfad555(m): 1:05pm On Mar 15, 2015
Sai Buhari

(1) (Reply)

With APC Win, South East Shuts Self From Senate President, Speaker Slots / Why An APC Victory In Lagos May Not Be A Good Thing. / What Will Happen To Buruji Kashamu Senate Seat If He's Extradited To Face Charge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.