Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,041 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

What Will Happen To Buruji Kashamu Senate Seat If He's Extradited To Face Charge - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Will Happen To Buruji Kashamu Senate Seat If He's Extradited To Face Charge (1214 Views)

"People Will Die Before I Am Extradited" - Kashamu / What Nigerians Are Saying About Osita Chidoka & The Vacant Senate Seat / Akpabio Suffers Setback In Bid To Retain Senate Seat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will Happen To Buruji Kashamu Senate Seat If He's Extradited To Face Charge by bigass(f): 4:23pm On Apr 20, 2015
What happen to his senate seat i4f he's extradited to USA to face charges. Will a new election be conducted? Or what?
Re: What Will Happen To Buruji Kashamu Senate Seat If He's Extradited To Face Charge by jacobs123(m): 4:48pm On Apr 20, 2015
He will carry his seat to the US. Don't you think he will need a seat in the US?

2 Likes

Re: What Will Happen To Buruji Kashamu Senate Seat If He's Extradited To Face Charge by dulux07(m): 4:58pm On Apr 20, 2015
Another person will take over na. As simple as ABC

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen To Buruji Kashamu Senate Seat If He's Extradited To Face Charge by dgr8truth(m): 5:05pm On Apr 20, 2015
Re: What Will Happen To Buruji Kashamu Senate Seat If He's Extradited To Face Charge by Aromas: 5:33pm On Apr 20, 2015
dulux07:
Another person will take over na. As simple as ABC
Gbam lobatan!!!

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen To Buruji Kashamu Senate Seat If He's Extradited To Face Charge by mikolo80: 5:45pm On Apr 20, 2015
Nothing unless his people recall him and do bye election to choose another person
Re: What Will Happen To Buruji Kashamu Senate Seat If He's Extradited To Face Charge by spenca: 5:55pm On Apr 20, 2015
Bye elections if he is convicted

4 Likes

Re: What Will Happen To Buruji Kashamu Senate Seat If He's Extradited To Face Charge by mygee2(m): 6:21pm On Apr 20, 2015
I think case of extradition is gone since he has bought himself immunity by becoming a senator elect it's a disgrase to nigeria for a senator elect to be charged with drug trafficking in another country
Re: What Will Happen To Buruji Kashamu Senate Seat If He's Extradited To Face Charge by Nobody: 6:27pm On Apr 20, 2015
mygee2:
I think case of extradition is gone since he has bought himself immunity by becoming a senator elect it's a disgrase to nigeria for a senator elect to be charged with drug trafficking in another country

You are absolutely right my friend. However, we cannot blame anyone but us. We were blinded by our political divide hence INEC presented to us Thugs, Drug Barons, Certificateless, fraudulent, etc as candidates. If we can accept 'certificateless' president, we can as well manage a 'drug baron Senator'. Or what do you think? grin grin grin
Re: What Will Happen To Buruji Kashamu Senate Seat If He's Extradited To Face Charge by Farnesyl1989: 7:21pm On Apr 20, 2015
jacobs123:
He will carry his seat to the US. Don't you think he will need a seat in the US?
Lol
Re: What Will Happen To Buruji Kashamu Senate Seat If He's Extradited To Face Charge by mygee2(m): 7:23pm On Apr 20, 2015
Xetima:

You are absolutely right my friend. However, we cannot blame anyone but us. We were blinded by our political divide hence INEC presented to us Thugs, Drug Barons, Certificateless, fraudulent, etc as candidates. If we can accept 'certificateless' president, we can as well manage a 'drug baron Senator'. Or what do you think? grin grin grin
sure
Re: What Will Happen To Buruji Kashamu Senate Seat If He's Extradited To Face Charge by bigass(f): 7:27pm On Apr 20, 2015
mygee2:

senators dont have immunity and besides the immunity Governors and President Enjoy is only applicable within Nigeria. If they commit offense outside Naija they will be arrested1

2 Likes

Re: What Will Happen To Buruji Kashamu Senate Seat If He's Extradited To Face Charge by Code213: 7:33pm On Apr 20, 2015
jacobs123:

Epic!!!!!cheesy
Re: What Will Happen To Buruji Kashamu Senate Seat If He's Extradited To Face Charge by mygee2(m): 8:51pm On Apr 20, 2015
bigass:

senators dont have immunity and besides the immunity Governors and President Enjoy is only applicable within Nigeria. If they commit offense outside Naija they will be arrested1
big ass u knw extradition of a senetor to another country is a disgrace to nigeria no matter the crime
Re: What Will Happen To Buruji Kashamu Senate Seat If He's Extradited To Face Charge by raumdeuter: 9:39pm On Apr 20, 2015
mygee2:

He does not have immunity

Go and research the case of Morris Ibekwe and elected lawmaker who was arrested as well and died

(1) (Reply)

President Goodluck Jonathan To Be Appoint The U.N. Global Crisis Envoy. / Tinubu Opens Up - How We Plotted Jonathan's Fall (Commends Governor Amaechi) / How A Man Was Nearly Kidnapped By Ritualists (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.