Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,450 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

Who Exactly Are The Igbos? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Who Exactly Are The Igbos? (1519 Views)

Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria, The Fulanis (fulbe) Or The Igbos? / 7 Important Facts To Know About Eze Nri Of The Igbos. / Why The Igbos Are The Most Hated Tribe In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Exactly Are The Igbos? by ImanuelJannah(m): 8:34am On Mar 15, 2015

There are various ethnicities that live within Nigeria’s territory. Some of these ethnicities are relatively larger than others are in both size and population. Whatever the size or population, all of them belong to Nigeria, and occupy various regions of the country.

Focusing on the Igbo ethnic group, we see the Igbos make-up one of the three (3) most prominent ethnic groups in Nigeria, the other two major ethnicities are : Hausa and Yoruba. That means; the (3) main ethnicities are: Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba. Their population are the largest in Nigeria, and their languages are taught and learnt in schools alongside English language.

Within Nigeria, Igbos occupy the South-East region. Precisely, the five (5) states of Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu, and Imo. Only Igbos inhabit these states as indigenes. However, these state are not the only states in Nigeria were Igbos live as locals. Igbos believe that: “A tree never makes a forest” Hence, ot... >>>

Read More: http://obindigbo.com.ng/2015/03/who-exactly-are-the-igbos/
Re: Who Exactly Are The Igbos? by eldnix: 8:45am On Mar 15, 2015
Rockon my igbo brodas......we re well balanced n connected wink

1 Like

Re: Who Exactly Are The Igbos? by ImanuelJannah(m): 8:55am On Mar 15, 2015
eldnix:
Rockon my igbo brodas......we re well balanced n connected wink

You have a point!! grin cool
Re: Who Exactly Are The Igbos? by AfricanApple(f): 9:06am On Mar 15, 2015
i am dissapointed

1 Like

Re: Who Exactly Are The Igbos? by LagosBoi2(m): 9:07am On Mar 15, 2015
migrants
Re: Who Exactly Are The Igbos? by Nobody: 9:15am On Mar 15, 2015
Igbos rock.

I am a proud Okuku Igbo

so Igbotic to the core

cool

1 Like

Re: Who Exactly Are The Igbos? by eldnix: 9:21am On Mar 15, 2015
ImanuelJannah:

You have a point!! grin cool
one bottle of orijin 4 u....

1 Like

Re: Who Exactly Are The Igbos? by ImanuelJannah(m): 9:27am On Mar 15, 2015
eldnix:
one bottle of orijin 4 u....
lols
Re: Who Exactly Are The Igbos? by ImanuelJannah(m): 9:28am On Mar 15, 2015
adeitoro:
Igbos rock.

I am a proud Okuku Igbo

so Igbotic to the core

cool

Ah feel yhu.

Nwanne, I di Ok!
Re: Who Exactly Are The Igbos? by MbaanabaraAgu(m): 5:56pm On Mar 15, 2015
ImanuelJannah:

There are various ethnicities that live within Nigeria’s territory. Some of these ethnicities are relatively larger than others are in both size and population. Whatever the size or population, all of them belong to Nigeria, and occupy various regions of the country.

Focusing on the Igbo ethnic group, we see the Igbos make-up one of the three (3) most prominent ethnic groups in Nigeria, the other two major ethnicities are : Hausa and Yoruba. That means; the (3) main ethnicities are: Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba. Their population are the largest in Nigeria, and their languages are taught and learnt in schools alongside English language.

Within Nigeria, Igbos occupy the South-East region. Precisely, the five (5) states of Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu, and Imo. Only Igbos inhabit these states as indigenes. However, these state are not the only states in Nigeria were Igbos live as locals. Igbos believe that: “A tree never makes a forest” Hence, ot... >>>

Read More: http://obindigbo.com.ng/2015/03/who-exactly-are-the-igbos/

Useless thread. What is your reason for opening this thread? What do you intend to achieve? Anokata ana ezuzughari?

1 Like

Re: Who Exactly Are The Igbos? by ImanuelJannah(m): 11:45am On Mar 16, 2015
AfricanApple:
i am dissapointed
why?
Re: Who Exactly Are The Igbos? by OkuDiOver1(f): 2:17pm On Mar 16, 2015
Huum

1 Like

Re: Who Exactly Are The Igbos? by ImanuelJannah(m): 2:20pm On Mar 16, 2015
Re: Who Exactly Are The Igbos? by cheruv: 11:53am On Mar 17, 2015
MbaanabaraAgu:

Useless thread. What is your reason for opening this thread? What do you intend to achieve? Anokata ana ezuzughari?
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Who Exactly Are The Igbos? by ImanuelJannah(m): 7:43am On Mar 18, 2015
cheruv:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
on point jhoor!!

(1) (Reply)

15 Miraculous Facts About Camels / Some Chronicles About The Fulani-yoruba Tussle For Ilorin / Why Black People Are Becoming Extinct

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.