Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,823 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

Terrorism In Christianity And Islam: Blame The EXTREMISTS Not RELIGION - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Terrorism In Christianity And Islam: Blame The EXTREMISTS Not RELIGION (677 Views)

RCCG Church Abuja Attacked, Looted And Burnt By Suspected Extremists (Photo) / Don’t Blame Buhari For Hunger In Nigeria – Fr. Mbaka / I Am Losing My Fear Of Death As An Unbeliever In Christianity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Terrorism In Christianity And Islam: Blame The EXTREMISTS Not RELIGION by medamillion(m): 9:12am On Mar 15, 2015
I have watched with sadness how most of the Christians and Muslims have allowed themselves to be brainwashed and set against eachother all in the name of religion.
Many christians now see Islam and muslims as not only enemies to themselves but the world. Most muslims have also seen Christians as their enemies on on the other hand.

Neither christianity nor Islam advocates violence, both religion preach peace.
BUT
Where does the problem lies?

This act of religious discrimination and hatred have influenced most people even in making decisions in life.

Many Christians will not vote Buhari not because they perceive him of being incompetent to rule Nigeria but naturally because he is a muslim.
While many Muslims will not vote Jonathan all because he is a Christian not because he is actually clueless as they say.

Many employers of labour would rather employ an unqualified person than to employ that guy who is not their religion mate.

Why the madness?

Based my personal observation, I see that the burden is on Islam at this critical time, and as most christians would always say "Islam is evil; Muslims are terrorists".
Thus, I shall focus my articule on enlightening the christians in order to change their negative impression.

There are some verses in the Quran and in the Bible that talks about violence, but most of those who do not really understand these verses are those who perpetrate evil and make reference to them.
These people are called EXTREMIST.

Now the question is:

Is there nothing like terrorism in christianity?
Does any verse of the bible talks about violence just like the Quran?
Do we also have christian terrorist organisation as we have the muslim's? Grab your popcorn, have some drinks and read patiently.

What is terrorism?

According to wikipedia:
Terrorism is commonly defined as violent acts (or the threat of violent acts) intended to create fear (terror), perpetrated for a religious, political, or ideological goal, and which deliberately target or disregard the safety of non-combatants (e.g., neutral military personnel or civilians)

Christian Terrorist Organisation:
I would have loved to give you line by line analyses on each group but that is not the purpose of this thread, you can read about them through google.
1)National Liberation Front of Tripura
2)Antibalaka
3)The Aryan Nations
4)The Christian Identity Movement
5)The Orange Volunteers
6)Catholic Reaction Force/Protestant Action Force etc

Christian Terrorists:
1) Joseph Kony:
He is the leader of the Lord's Resistance Army (LRA), a guerrilla group which used to operate in Uganda. Kony proclaims himself the spokesperson of God and a spirit medium, and has been considered by some as a cult of personality, and claims he is visited by a multinational host of 13 spirits, including a Chinese phantom.
Ideologically, the group is a syncretic mix of mysticism, Acholi nationalism, and Christian fundamentalism, and claims to be establishing a theocratic state based on the Ten Commandments and local Acholi tradition.

Others (you can read about them through google).
#The founder of the Aryan Nations:
Wesley Swift
#The founder Antibalaka Group
Levy Yakete

Biblical verses on violence:

Kill Nonbelievers
    They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman.  (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

Kill False Prophets
    If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, "You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord."  When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through.  (Zechariah 13:3 NAB)

Others 
"And he said unto them, When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye any thing? And they said, Nothing. Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:35-38)

President Obama on Terrorism:

“Our campaign to prevent people around the world from being radicalized to violence is ultimately a battle for hearts and minds,”“But we know that many Muslim Americans across our country are worried and afraid,” Obama wrote. “Americans of all faiths and backgrounds must continue to stand united with a community in mourning.”

"we know that many Muslim Americans across our country are worried and afraid,” Obama wrote.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/02/obama-muslims-op-ed-la-times-115282.html

The purpose of this thread;

Every statement put down on this thread are based on my personal research.
I created this thread in order to correct the bad impression we have against eachother as christians and muslims.

All the christian-related terrorism reference are not to say christianity is evil or a bad religion, but to let everyone know that both Christianoty and Islam advocate peace. It is some extremists who have misunderstood some verses in the Bible and Quran who make them look as "evil".

Lastly: Do not vote for an individual based on religion or tribal differences, but for the future of Nigeria.

In conclusion, I didn't bother mentioning the Islamic terrorism aspect as they are very obvious at the moment, mentioning them will just result to repetition.
Both Christianity and Islam preach peace, blame the extremists NOT religion.

My plead:
Please moderator let's have this on the frontpage to pass the peace message to both christian and muslim brotherhood.

GOD bless Nigeria
#medamillion.
Re: Terrorism In Christianity And Islam: Blame The EXTREMISTS Not RELIGION by eldnix: 9:19am On Mar 15, 2015
All is long post n write up is baseless....please come to a point anytime soon.... angry
Re: Terrorism In Christianity And Islam: Blame The EXTREMISTS Not RELIGION by medamillion(m): 9:22am On Mar 15, 2015
eldnix:
All is long post n write up is baseless....please come to a point anytime soon.... angry
Readers are leaders, take your time to read through, then ask questionsand you shall be answered appropriately. Thanks.
Re: Terrorism In Christianity And Islam: Blame The EXTREMISTS Not RELIGION by Nobody: 9:31am On Mar 15, 2015
Islam undecided is d gathering of terrorists!
Re: Terrorism In Christianity And Islam: Blame The EXTREMISTS Not RELIGION by resty4(m): 9:41am On Mar 15, 2015
islam's foundatn was strongly faulty, it was built on falsehood n violence. Moh'd himself stole frm caravans, d loot n bunty he used 4 his military campaigns, he had intimacy w female slaves, he forced his adopted son thru false rvlatn 2 divorce his wife zenaib wh moh'd later married, he approved d murder of a nursing moda n poetess.
D list is LONG n INHUMAN 2 civilise minds. Tell us our friend when d head is ROTTEN hw wd d body b?
All terriorist groups 2de r islamic propelled. Name dem -bh,alquada,islamic jahad,hesbollah, alnasura front,isis n hamas etc.
D truth is I.slam is d world's nightmire n muslims r terriorists
Re: Terrorism In Christianity And Islam: Blame The EXTREMISTS Not RELIGION by medamillion(m): 9:48am On Mar 15, 2015
resty4:
islam's foundatn was strongly faulty, it was built on falsehood n violence. Moh'd himself stole frm caravans, d loot n bunty he used 4 his military campaigns, he had intimacy w female slaves, he forced his adopted son thru false rvlatn 2 divorce his wife zenaib wh moh'd later married, he approved d murder of a nursing moda n poetess.
D list is LONG n INHUMAN 2 civilise minds. Tell us our friend when d head is ROTTEN hw wd d body b?
All terriorist groups 2de r islamic propelled. Name dem -bh,alquada,islamic jahad,hesbollah, alnasura front,isis n hamas etc.
D truth is I.slam is d world's nightmire n muslims r terriorists
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Islam undecided is d gathering of terrorists!
Change your thinking. Becareful what you say.
If care is not taken you might also become extremists

(1) (Reply)

Let Discuss What Is Common / When You Walk Through The Valley And Shadow Of Death (Photo) / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 07/08/15

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.