Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,988 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts (24988 Views)

Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala / Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala / The Pharaohs Of Ika And Ovie Agas Misled Okowa With Demonic Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by Nobody: 8:19pm On Mar 15, 2015
So why do they bear Igbo names, I have an agbor friend bearing obiagelli.

6 Likes

Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by Omololu007(m): 8:23pm On Mar 15, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:

Being Igbo is not choice.
ika are not igbos

4 Likes

Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by Omololu007(m): 8:25pm On Mar 15, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:

Being Igbo is not choice.
ika are not igbos.
Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by MayorofLagos(m): 8:30pm On Mar 15, 2015
@op,
very informative piece, good job!

Look, let me tell you something....there are two ways to lock down Ibo's ego and overkill ambition.

First lets take a psychoanalytic look at Ibo.

1. He is not gifted in self reflection and restraint and thus is led foremost by his impulse to act, he only thinks afterwards, by which time relationships that deserve to be cherished and managed is damaged and ruined.

2. He is developmentally challenged in aspects of social order and ascent.

So how do you deal with him?

Two ways.

1. You can do what the Hausas do to him in North....which is to confront him physically and subjugate him to a position of "The Victim"! This is a direct class warfare and in the end Ibo accepts the Hausa as a upper class and submits himself to fate dictated by his oppressor. In other words, Ibo sees himself as "The Victim!

2. You can do what the Yorubas do to him in West....that is, give him access to what he wants and make it rewarding, then rope it around him in a way that detachment is almost impossible. In that aspect, the one who holds key to the reward also control the behavior of the seeker. In this end, the Yorubas created a labor class that is highly enriched and from whom it derives its own enrichment effortlessly. In this relationship, Ibo has come to recognize Yorubaland as their milk and honey and are so tightly attached to it that they have surrendered their fate and future to Yorubaland and begin to call it their own. Ibos have thus accepted Yorubas as the ruling class and thus always beg them to be accepted for inclusion in the administration.

Anytime the government try to industrialize and develop Iboland Yoruba leaders, same one that call themselves Ibo friends, go behind and kill the project. If Iboland develop, Yoruba policy to have a labor class in Yorubaland will be defeated as Ibos return home....therefore Yorubas develop Yorubaland and tell Ibo to come to West and use it...you dont need one in East.

So where does this put the Ika people?

First, you are claiming you are not Ibo but you continue to name your children Ikechukwu, Nnaji, Emeka, Iheneacho, Ifeanyi, ....if you come to Yorubaland and say " I am Ifeanyi" from Ika and Im not Ibo, how do you expect me to believe you?

Until you dissociate your social identity from Ibo...name, language, dressing, customs, ....you remain Ibo, I dont care if you are from Oshogbo!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by cheruv: 8:52pm On Mar 15, 2015
MayorofLagos:
@op,

Look, let me tell you something....there are two ways to lock down Ibo's ego and overkill ambition.

1. He is not gifted in self reflection and restraint and thus is led foremost by his impulse to act, he only thinks afterwards, by which time relationships that deserve to be cherished and managed is damaged and ruined.

Two ways.

1. You can do what the Hausas do to him in North....which is to confront him physically and subjugate him to a position of "The Victim"! This is a direct class warfare and in the end Ibo accepts the Hausa as a upper class and submits himself to fate dictated by his oppressor. In other words, Ibo sees himself as "The Victim!

2. You can do what the Yorubas do to him in West....that is, give him access to what he wants and make it rewarding, then rope it around him in a way that detachment is almost impossible. In that aspect, the one who holds key to the reward also control the behavior of the seeker. In this end, the Yorubas created a labor class that is highly enriched and from whom it derives its own enrichment effortlessly. In this relationship, Ibo has come to recognize Yorubaland as their milk and honey and are so tightly attached to it that they have surrendered their fate and future to Yorubaland and begin to call it their own. Ibos have thus accepted Yorubas as the ruling class and thus always beg them to be accepted for inclusion in the administration.

Anytime the government try to industrialize and develop Iboland Yoruba leaders, same one that call themselves Ibo friends, go behind and kill the project. If Iboland develop, Yoruba policy to have a labor class in Yorubaland will be defeated as Ibos return home....therefore Yorubas develop Yorubaland and tell Ibo to come to West and use it...you dont need one in East.

First, you are claiming you are not Ibo but you continue to name your children Ikechukwu, Nnaji, Emeka, Iheneacho, Ifeanyi, ....if you come to Yorubaland and say " I am Ifeanyi" from Ika and Im not Ibo, how do you expect me to believe you?

Until you dissociate your social identity from Ibo...name, language, dressing, customs, ....you remain Ibo, I dont care if you are from Oshogbo!
though this Lagosmayor is damn tribalistic but his postulations are very sane...
shame on all Igbos that believe in Nigeria's unity!!
Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:25pm On Mar 15, 2015
GenIgrigi:

**grins** The criminal armed robbers, Soki kidnappers and agboro NURTW in your enclaves are from Zululand. **LOLS**
1. Is there any arm robber that is not a criminal?
2. What is agboro?

I want to understand u, pls let me. wink
Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by GenIgrigi: 9:35pm On Mar 15, 2015
MayorofLagos:
[s]@op,

Two ways.

Until you dissociate your social identity from Ibo...name, language, dressing, customs, ....you remain Ibo, I dont care if you are from Oshogbo![/s]

**grins** This is a NASA picture from space taken at night depicting industrialization/economic activity in Nigeria. Igboland was shown to have more economic activities/industrialization than yorubaland and north put together. What have you guys been doing with federal help for more than 40years?. Keep deluding yourselves while Igbos profiteer from your lazy beggarly nature. you guys are cursed.I'm happy you feel you are the winner.It keeps the agenda alive **LOLS**

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by GenIgrigi: 9:45pm On Mar 15, 2015
cheruv:

though this Lagosmayor is damn tribalistic but his postulations are very sane...
shame on all Igbos that believe in Nigeria's unity!!

**grins** We are comfortable he thinks that way. I can only laugh. Igbos will profiteer in the rot called Nigeria like everyone else. Have you ever seen a cemented house with wichtech roofing sheets in Osun?. I won't spell it out for him. **LOLS*

6 Likes

Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by Nobody: 10:00pm On Mar 15, 2015
GenIgrigi:

**grins** This is a NASA picture from space taken at night depicting industrialization/economic activity in Nigeria. Igboland was shown to have more economic activities/industrialization than yorubaland and north put together. What have you guys been doing with federal help for more than 40years?. Keep deluding yourselves while Igbos profiteer from your lazy beggarly nature. you guys are cursed.I'm happy you feel you are the winner.It keeps the agenda alive **LOLS**

Did your geography teacher die while in school?

Google glass flaring images in Nigeria's delta and see what it pops up.

All those brightness you see is due to gas flaring at oil wells around those locations and not electricity.

2 Likes

Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by Nobody: 10:06pm On Mar 15, 2015
This is the original picture not the doctored one you even have showing political locations and territories.

Next time when you to pass a fact. Be sure to verify the details before talking

5 Likes

Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by GenIgrigi: 10:08pm On Mar 15, 2015
johnny1980:

All those brightness you see is due to gas flaring at oil wells around those locations and not electricity.

**grins** Vacuous crap, Don't you also claim to have more oil than Igboland in ondo and Lagos. Shouldn't we see more "gas flaring" in your land? Are the illumination in Lagos there because of gas flaring only too? Igboland is more industrialized than yorubaland. Keep thinking you are impeding Igbo progress while Igbos keep profiteering from Lagos infrastructures(owned by all) and building their cities. **LOLS**

5 Likes

Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by GenIgrigi: 10:17pm On Mar 15, 2015
johnny1980:
This is the original picture not the doctored one you even have showing political locations and territories.

**grins** The picture i gave you is a zoomed version of the one you have. An expo- travel down here in the east, go to Nnewi, Amawbia,Abiriba Ekwulobia, these are some Igbo budding cities with industries scattered all over them. The owners only rent warehouses in Lagos to reach endusers. You guys don't know whatsup. **LOLS**

1 Like

Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by Nobody: 10:25pm On Mar 15, 2015
GenIgrigi:

**grins** The picture i gave you is a zoomed version of the one you have. An expo- travel down here in the east, go to Nnewi, Amawbia,Abiriba Ekwulobia, these are some Igbo budding cities with industries scattered all over them. The owners only rent warehouses in Lagos to reach endusers. You guys don't know whatsup. **LOLS**

You are so pathetic. If I have never been to the East, with the way you guys boast one would have thought it was London or even heaven. Industrial areas my foot. Is it not the same Abia, Ihiala,Umuhia, Orlu in imo, Nnewi I have visited numerous times?

I don't argue with people who have not left their wild rat infested villages.

You should take a trip to this link. Should tell you more about the picture you posted since you never had the opportunity of getting good education from school.

http://geology.com/articles/oil-fields-from-space/

I guess that should cure your malaise. Industrialisation ko..

WITH what you see in that link. You should be out on the streets protesting for a stop to gas flaring that has severe negative impacts on your environment. You are here boasting with mediocrity.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by GenIgrigi: 10:38pm On Mar 15, 2015
johnny1980:

You are so pathetic. If I have never been to the East, with the way you guys boast one would have thought it was London or even heaven. Industrial areas my foot. Is it not the same Abia, Ihiala,Umuhia, Orlu in imo, Nnewi I have visited numerous times?

I don't argue with people who have not left their wild rat infested villages.

You should take a trip to this link. Should tell you more about the picture you posted since you never had the opportunity of getting good education from school.

http://geology.com/articles/oil-fields-from-space/

I guess that should cure your malaise. Industrialisation ko..

WITH what you see in that link. You should be out on the streets protesting for a stop to gas flaring that has severe negative impacts on your environment. You are here boasting with mediocrity.

**grins** I have not been to your brown towns but we have seen threads on Enugu, Anambra, Akwa-Ibom, etc. Where are your sophisticated cities?. Gas flaring may have contributed to the illumination but you can't convince anyone that the illumination in Kano and Lagos are not 'just gas flaring' but in Igboland it is all gas flaring. That's nonsense, you are just clutching straws**LOLS**

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by GenIgrigi: 10:48pm On Mar 15, 2015
IHEJIRIKAisBOKO:
[s]Shut the f/ck up bloody flattie.

U don dey claim google images wey no be una own. Geeez !!! you y1bos are pathetic. I spit on your Igbo

Thieves ![/s]

**grins** Aww Do not get worked up. Give us your own yoruba version of images. Edit it with corel draw and picasa and add more illumination to your dead region and post it here. We will accept it. **LWKMD**

4 Likes

Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by Nobody: 11:02pm On Mar 15, 2015
GenIgrigi:

**grins** I have not been to your brown towns but we have seen threads on Enugu, Anambra, Akwa-Ibom, etc. Where are your sophisticated cities?. Gas flaring may have contributed to the illumination but you can't convince anyone that the illumination in Kano and Lagos are not 'just gas flaring' but in Igboland it is all gas flaring. That's nonsense, you are just clutching straws**LOLS**

You are not well exposed. I won't blame you.

Brown towns. ? Most of those buildings were built as early as the 60s when you guys still lived in Huts with thatched roofs. Go to any yoruba city. There is always the old city and the new city. it's heritage. We won't destroy such. China, venice, rome, athens pull new visitors and travellers because they have been able to keep their heritage and past intact while developing new cities alond the way.

Visited a Local govt headquarters in Abia just August last year and the best building which i cant even spend just 30 minutes underneath for fear of the building collapsing was a 3 room building that was built by Mariam Babaginda's SOCIETY FOR FAMILY HEALTH as far back as 1996. And this was the same lg that a friend used to boast about while he was in Lagos.

You should travel more. Travelling is education. Ask any of your friends who were lucky to escape with their polyethylene bags from your villages on a Night bus from Onitsha to kano what Sharada Industrial Layout in Kano is like.

6 Likes

Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by GenIgrigi: 11:06pm On Mar 15, 2015
IHEJIRIKAisBOKO:
did i tell you that i am Yoruba?

But sincerely, whats wrong with you yeeebos? It seems you guys have an ancestral problem, always claiming what belongs to others.

Right here on this thread, you'v claimed Ikaland, Ikwereland, Lagos and now you have stolen a google image of another region, claiming its the southeast. Are you yeebos cursed?

**grins** What are you? Itshekiri or yoritshekiri like one Ola johnson from kabba? LOLS. You dey take orijin sip garri. I mentioned It's NASA pictures. Are you angry with America's NASA? Do you have a problem with map-reading? Pls Compare and contrast. **LOLS**

2 Likes

Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by pazienza(m): 11:07pm On Mar 15, 2015
This poo again? It would appear agbontae has been sharing his drugs with someone else. *grins*

Firstly, moderators, this is a cultural thread,not a political one, move this thread to the culture section where it belongs.

1 Like

Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by pazienza(m): 11:11pm On Mar 15, 2015
rexbuton:
most Ika people here want to maintain their uniqueness but the Ibos would not let them be.. The creation of Anioma state was opposed by the Ibos as they claimed it would add another state to the South-south.. Today they claim that Anioma is south east..

Funny how tonychristopher has turned a blind eye to what he started

Any evidence to prove that Ndiigbo opposed the creation of Anioma state, or did you pull that poo off your ass?

2 Likes

Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by ikeyman00(m): 11:13pm On Mar 15, 2015
@@@

and op

if DNA is done on these people

will you go and hug transformer

ndi ara

trying to rewrite history
Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by IGBOSON1: 11:15pm On Mar 15, 2015
GenIgrigi:

^^^See how that corner of Igboland is lit up like a Christmas tree!

I've always known the the most viable onshore oyel and gas fields are to be found in that Egbema/Ndoni/Ogba axis! The haters of Ndigbo that had control of the center during and after the uncivil war knew this, and this is why the bastards surgically carved out that part of Igboland and placed in Rivers state! Their wickedness was further shown in how they divided a people (the Egbema) into two and placed in two different states; leaving the Ijaw to manage the one placed in Rivers state on their behalf!

After now some fool will ask me to cheer for 'one Nigeria'!

5 Likes

Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by Nobody: 11:19pm On Mar 15, 2015
reborn1:

Lolzzzzz. *dies* cheesy You nailed it bro, that boy is a stark illiterate. See the fool rejoicing and dancing over google images. Very dull cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Just annoyed that we as Nigerians can be celebrating backwardness.

Other countries are mounting serious pressures on oil companies to cut gas flaring to the bearest minimum but here we have some dumb Nigerians jumping up and down on the Internet to celebrate gas flaring as development.

If we tap the gas that's been flared daily. We would be getting at least 10,000MW of electricity if they are fed to Gas powered stations. Or is it cooking gas we want to talk about.?

If it's tapped alone. Nigerians would stop using kerosene to cook and gas would be as low as N500 for a 12kg cylinder instead of the 3k it costs now.

5 Likes

Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by dafuturis(m): 11:40pm On Mar 15, 2015
I am Ika and not Igbo
I rep Oyoko, Abavo

During my days in UNIBEN I joined Ika kparapo and we do have Ika day. The Igbo kparapo have theirs too, so its two different thing.

Op thanks for the good work. You've indeed enlightened me on various part of ika I knew not.
Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by pcicero(m): 11:42pm On Mar 15, 2015
Cheers to all the posters. I have had a good laugh on this thread.
Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by francizy(m): 11:59pm On Mar 15, 2015
rexbuton:

Exactly.. The south is too receptive and the east is too oppresive because of this scenario, they march in and lay claims.. Most irritating is the Ika man who gives his kids Igbo names because of politics.. Woe unto them

You people are saying all these because we are peace loving people. I wish you people were a minority in the northern part of the country, you would have been forced to not only abandon your culture, your language but also your religion, after which you wouldn't still be made to feel among them due to some kind of discrimination.

Personally, I don't know why the Igbo guys here are trying to paint it like we're related when you people always say that we ain't. In my secondary school days, I recalled one Delta Igbo guy telling me that this isn't the case of Biafra that they are not our brothers. I was dumb founded because I never called him or his tribe out as belonging to or being part of us.

If all my people will be reasonable, they should die this matter and forget about who originated from where because it doesn't matter. You can't force one to be a part of you.

I leave this, you only feel oppressed because you choose to and the real people facing oppression would wish to be in your shoes.

Bye.

1 Like

Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by MayorofLagos(m): 1:44am On Mar 16, 2015
johnny1980:

Did I not say Ibo acts on impulse first and think later?
They are developmentally challenged....choosing always to position their wagon in front of the horse.

This picture is what they sell to their village heads who, convinced Iboman is the best of breed in Africa, in turn churn out rumors from the village mill for their migrant traders to broadcast.

Who in the West or North buy into this kind of bs...calling gas furnace a sign of industrialization....more like a sign of graveyard! grin

2 Likes

Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by MayorofLagos(m): 1:48am On Mar 16, 2015
johnny1980:

Not Iboman! You can tell that to Yoruba or Hausa and he will self correct next time. Ibo is developmentally challenged!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Soldiers Avert Attacks On Pipelines At Gulobokri, Ewele / ISIS Sneaking Jihadists Into Nigeria From Syria - The Sun UK / Confusion Over Winner Of PDP Primary In Saraki’s Senatorial District

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.