Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,823 members, 7,820,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

Has Fashola Performed? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Has Fashola Performed? (4926 Views)

BBC Hardtalk Interview:how Babatunde Fashola Performed Excellently!! / Fashola Performed Better Than I Did – Tinubu / Fashola Performed Better Than I Did, Tinubu Admits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Fashola Performed? by francizy(m): 8:55am On Mar 16, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Plz...forget any propaganda thread here...Most of the posters here reside in Lagos...so let's dig it out here and now...Ask francizy & co who built their own road and other amenities they are using while the media hypes fashola for doing nothing.. .

Don't get me wrong bro, Fashola works but for only the benefit of the few. He did build some certain areas and abandoned other areas because he might classify people living in those areas he didn't work as worthless to him and the NBL. If I were to manage 20% of the allocation of Lagos state and the 30% IGR, I will perform 2 times better than Fashola.

1 Like

Re: Has Fashola Performed? by Whynotthetruth(m): 8:56am On Mar 16, 2015
9jatriot:

To be able to generate an IGR of 20billion from the 600million they met on ground is one of the achievement of APC in Lagos. Taking advantage of your resources to reduce your dependency on Oil. So the IGR was worked for and should not be used against them. Now divide that 20billion by the population in Lagos and do same for Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom and Enugu and tell me the per capital available per individual then we can have a basis for comparison.

What has Fashola done for those in Orile, Satellite, Amukoko, Ago palace, Coker, Aguda etc with all the taxes generated from those places
Kindly do an analysis of that income vis a vis projects on ground...
Remember to also; balance out the rail project with its loans and time projections alongside the education sector loan of $90million with projects on ground...We are waiting...
Re: Has Fashola Performed? by Whynotthetruth(m): 9:04am On Mar 16, 2015
francizy:

Don't get me wrong bro, Fashola works but for only the benefit of the few. He did build some certain areas and abandoned other areas because he might classify people living in those areas he didn't work as worthless to him and the NBL. If I were to manage 20% of the allocation of Lagos state and the 30% IGR, I will perform 2 times better than Fashola.

No No No...francizy, I get the drift and I know what I am talking about...Fashola has caged the media that people believe he is the best thing to happen to governance in Nigeria but sincerely, given the kind of taxation here, fashola did nothing to me...He has a lot he could have done but chose otherwise...
Why should a SAN like Fashola be going to court to fight the domestication of FOI in Lagos People will always confuse themselves that Tinubu and Fashola fought for democracy... the former even as NADECO man was vilified by the military ..But the truth remains that these guys want their stomach and Tinubu fought for democracy because that's his only access to power not because he loved the masses or he loved democracy better...

3 Likes

Re: Has Fashola Performed? by angelsing(m): 9:08am On Mar 16, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Plz...forget any propaganda thread here...Most of the posters here reside in Lagos...so let's dig it out here and now...Ask francizy & co who built their own road and other amenities they are using while the media hypes fashola for doing nothing.. .
hahahahahah....You are funny, so u believe him when he said he provides his own road?..So u consider all those thread propaganda even with pictures posted there..Won't u say same thing if I post my comment regarding what he said?
Re: Has Fashola Performed? by 9jatriot(m): 9:10am On Mar 16, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

What has Fashola done for those in Orile, Satellite, Amukoko, Ago palace, Coker, Aguda etc with all the taxes generated from those places
Kindly do an analysis of that income vis a vis projects on ground...
Remember to also; balance out the rail project with its loans and time projections alongside the education sector loan of $90million with projects on ground...We are waiting...

The answer you seek will most likely be found in this thread and already answered.

https://www.nairaland.com/2180887/fasholas-8-years-gej-fg
Re: Has Fashola Performed? by angelsing(m): 9:13am On Mar 16, 2015
francizy:

hahahahahahaH....You are so funny...lwkmd...You just sounded like my closest friend who said so long as our street has not been tarred he will consider fashola a failure
Re: Has Fashola Performed? by francizy(m): 9:20am On Mar 16, 2015
angelsing:
hahahahahah....You are funny, so u believe him when he said he provides his own road?..So u consider all those thread propaganda even with pictures posted there..Won't u say same thing if I post my comment regarding what he said?

Go to streets in Aguda and tell me the condition of the roads there. Do you know we don't have proper drainage and we're always exposed to flooding whether rainy season or not? We have a big river that connects so many beaches in Lagos. This river runs through our hood and whenever there is increase in the level of water at the Atlantic ocean, it affects us. If we had good drainages, this problem wouldn't be affecting us but I guess we are not important to NBL
Re: Has Fashola Performed? by Whynotthetruth(m): 9:26am On Mar 16, 2015
angelsing:

Not at all bro...Why not ignore me and pick him on those...BTW When last did you visit Ago Palace way? Orile? That rail fraud? $90 education loan? If FOI is domesticated today in lagos, you will curse them....Fashola worked more to me in his first term than now...All those pictures were more of first term achievements... second term was dedicated to looting...Lagos just won award as the most corrupt state in Nigeria...
Re: Has Fashola Performed? by sammyj: 9:28am On Mar 16, 2015
.... cheesy grin grin
Whynotthetruth:

Bro, why do we prefer lies and propaganda in this country?
If APC and her allies have spent half the time they used in maligning Jonathan in good governance and looking inwards; lot of things would have changed...charity begins at home...APC should change themselves first...
Re: Has Fashola Performed? by Whynotthetruth(m): 9:30am On Mar 16, 2015
9jatriot:

The answer you seek will most likely be found in this thread and already answered.

https://www.nairaland.com/2180887/fasholas-8-years-gej-fg

Most likely that means you are not even sure...BTW read my questions again and you will see it has no relationship with that thread...so kindly provide my answers plz...
Re: Has Fashola Performed? by sammyj: 9:34am On Mar 16, 2015
..... cheesy grin
Whynotthetruth:

Can you list those exceptional performances of fashola and names with proof of the Obas who Jonathan bribed
Re: Has Fashola Performed? by sammyj: 9:34am On Mar 16, 2015
..... cheesy grin
Whynotthetruth:

Most likely that means you are not even sure...BTW read my questions again and you will see it has no relationship with that thread...so kindly provide my answers plz...
Re: Has Fashola Performed? by Kingspin(m): 9:43am On Mar 16, 2015
Nigeria can no longer be in the hands of an individual. We are too big for such manipulation. Nobody should hold the nation into ransom for individual or group interest and for the love of resource control and sharing it to themselves and friends. We must agitate for restructing of Nigeria. Its one Nigeria now or we part peaceful.
Re: Has Fashola Performed? by 9jatriot(m): 9:56am On Mar 16, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

That thread has most of BRF's achievement. Even the blind after going through that thread will shout, "This is development". So my not saying with certainty is because you asked for a specific location, just like asking what he did for a particular house, I would most likely not be able to answer it. It does not change the fact that the actions and developments that affect our common good are or were not addressed by the government.
Re: Has Fashola Performed? by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:20am On Mar 16, 2015
9jatriot:

That thread has most of BRF's achievement. Even the blind after going through that thread will shout, "This is development". So my not saying with certainty is because you asked for a specific location, just like asking what he did for a particular house, I would most likely not be able to answer it. It does not change the fact that the actions and developments that affect our common good are or were not addressed by the government.

I have seen that thread long before now...it didn't show any part of Ago Palace way there or aren't we part of the state again? don't we pay tax? so where's the government presence there from health; road; water etc
I don't want to take you to other parts of Lagos...abi do I need w thread to see what's happening around me?
Also, consider what is on ground with the revenue so that you can tell me again if fashola performed well given the available resources?
Re: Has Fashola Performed? by Nobody: 10:25am On Mar 16, 2015
alexlee50:
You think fashola has performed better than the other 35 governors? I think you need to leave lagos and visit other states.Visit enugu and akwa ibom, there may be others, but these are two states I have visited recently. Rate this so called performance with the revenue he collects then we can say he has perfomed or not.this is a man that collects federal allocation and he also has an internally generated revenue of more than 20billion monthly, tell me what this man has done in lagos state.someone was talking about him doing some roads in surulere, yes that is correct.he was maintaining old roads.tell me one new road he has built in lagos state from 1970 till date , apart from the lekki road which lagosians are made to pay toll for? BRT, why didnt he put a sustainable plan to maintain the BRT buses , they are more or less like molue.this is someone who refused to provide information to an ngo/cso when they sought to find out how the funds of lagos state are being managed.someone who couldn't domesticate the FOI Act, in Lagos state.u call him transparent and the best performing? Cluelessness has just been elevated to another level
And even the Akwa Ibom state governor's family reside in Lagos. Its an evidence that Fash has done very well.
Re: Has Fashola Performed? by adaweezy(m): 10:31am On Mar 16, 2015
Pdp ibo trolls
If you divide 400 billion by 19 million you wil get 17,000 naira per head ...
Comparing enugu or akwa ibom with lagos is insanity...
Fashola has tried only if Aresa would shut una up
Re: Has Fashola Performed? by adaweezy(m): 10:38am On Mar 16, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

I have seen that thread long before now...it didn't show any part of Ago Palace way there or aren't we part of the state again? don't we pay tax? so where's the government presence there from health; road; water etc
I don't want to take you to other parts of Lagos...abi do I need w thread to see what's happening around me?
Also, consider what is on ground with the revenue so that you can tell me again if fashola performed well given the available resources?
The ago palace way is one that is subject to litigations by the inhabitants of that area who have continued obtaining injunctions from courts stopping the lagos state government from working on the road
My area ijaiye ojokoro LCDA has a public water plant, new roads constructed by fashola .....
We have a president who is in the news for sharing dollars and recommisioning old projects you are here criticizing an original governor
Re: Has Fashola Performed? by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:07am On Mar 16, 2015
adaweezy:

The ago palace way is one that is subject to litigations by the inhabitants of that area who have continued obtaining injunctions from courts stopping the lagos state government from working on the road
My area ijaiye ojokoro LCDA has a public water plant, new roads constructed by fashola .....
We have a president who is in the news for sharing dollars and recommisioning old projects you are here criticizing an original governor

If Ago Palace Way major road is in court...what about over 100 street roads bordering the major road Is water scheme and health care under litigation too...

Punch, APC propaganda alliance media accused Jonathan of bribing Obas with dollars but all the Obas denied such...So why not provide substantial proof?
If Jonathan reduced corruption according to TI rating and Lagos state won the most corrupt state in Nigeria according to TI...what message is it sending to you?...APC is the real enemy of Nigeria and Nigerians...

None of his projects were recommissioned...
Re: Has Fashola Performed? by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:09am On Mar 16, 2015
montedo:

And even the Akwa Ibom state governor's family reside in Lagos. Its an evidence that Fash has done very well.

Wow...are they living in Lagos because of fashola? Maybe they would have relocated to sambisa to prove to you that fashola is over hyped...
Re: Has Fashola Performed? by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:11am On Mar 16, 2015
adaweezy:
Pdp ibo trolls
If you divide 400 billion by 19 million you wil get 17,000 naira per head ...
Comparing enugu or akwa ibom with lagos is insanity...
Fashola has tried only if Aresa would shut una up

hehehehehe...what were you trying to achieve with this calculation?
Re: Has Fashola Performed? by Nobody: 11:13am On Mar 16, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Wow...are they living in Lagos because of fashola? Maybe they would have relocated to sambisa to prove to you that fashola is over hyped...
They are in Lagos cos staying in Lagos is more conducive, business friendly and peaceful than a state being governed by the head of their family. Its a no brainer!
Re: Has Fashola Performed? by adaweezy(m): 11:19am On Mar 16, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

If Ago Palace Way major road is in court...what about over 100 street roads bordering the major road Is water scheme and health care under litigation too...

Punch, APC propaganda alliance media accused Jonathan of bribing Obas with dollars but all the Obas denied such...So why not provide substantial proof?
If Jonathan reduced corruption according to TI rating and Lagos state won the most corrupt state in Nigeria according to TI...what message is it sending to you?...APC is the real enemy of Nigeria and Nigerians...

None of his projects were recommissioned...
Papalanto and egbin is what ? New ?
You kidding
The TI report was manufactured by a pro jonathan group and stop manufacturing lies......
Re: Has Fashola Performed? by 9jatriot(m): 11:32am On Mar 16, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

I will take your word for it that there is nothing about those areas in that thread. However, if the roads there have not all been done, are you also saying that no sign of government at all in terms of health care facility, schools renovated, drainage?? In lagos state haba. Even your claims in terms of road, I do not believe, they may not have done all the road but that no major road has been done. Its hard for me to believe.
Re: Has Fashola Performed? by 9jatriot(m): 11:37am On Mar 16, 2015
adaweezy:

Oh I responded to him without reading this. I knew it just was not possible for there not to be government presence in that place only for you to tell us that they are deliberately stalling progress and yet this guy is crying wolf.
thanksjo
Re: Has Fashola Performed? by 9jatriot(m): 11:38am On Mar 16, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

I see that someone more informed about that area has responded to you already.

adaweezy:

Re: Has Fashola Performed? by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:47am On Mar 16, 2015
montedo:

They are in Lagos cos staying in Lagos is more conducive, business friendly and peaceful than a state being governed by the head of their family. Its a no brainer!

Is Lagos what it is today because of Tinubu and Fashola APC...did those families come in there under this democratic dispensation?... Are they living in Lagos because of good governance by APC?
Re: Has Fashola Performed? by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:50am On Mar 16, 2015
9jatriot:

I see that someone more informed about that area has responded to you already.

He said nothing because it is just one out of over 50 roads unconstructed and not motorable in that area...where is the government presence in such a big area?... someone just told you about their aguda surulere area...so do we need threads to know what's up in our areas...If one is under litigation; what happened to over 50 other street roads there...why not build them...is water and health care under litigation too
Re: Has Fashola Performed? by Nobody: 11:55am On Mar 16, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Is Lagos what it is today because of Tinubu and Fashola APC...did those families come in there under this democratic dispensation?... Are they living in Lagos because of good governance by APC?
Yes! Take a look at Oshodi for instance; take a look at the street lights at nite; general hospitals and the thousands of roads Fashola alone has done and u will agree with me that he has worked wonders. Now, car owners park their cars at home and board BRT buses cos its convenient. Need i talk about the waste management system that has witnessed a turnaround? Its an aberration to say that Fash has not performed. If u tell me he can do more, ofcos i would agree but to say he didnt perform? Fear God abeg! BTW, dont u get it? If Akwa ibom has witnessed more transformation than Lagos, their first family wont be in Lagos. Eko oni baje o!

1 Like

Re: Has Fashola Performed? by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:59am On Mar 16, 2015
9jatriot:

I will take your word for it that there is nothing about those areas in that thread. However, if the roads there have not all been done, are you also saying that no sign of government at all in terms of health care facility, schools renovated, drainage?? In lagos state haba. Even your claims in terms of road, I do not believe, they may not have done all the road but that no major road has been done. Its hard for me to believe.

Bro, I hate to argue with people who try be cunny or play fast one on me because it gets me irritated easily...
If you say that fashola isn't over hyped, kindly prove me wrong with facts...we are talking from experience here in Lagos not based on Nairaland rumours or threads or any publications... I didn't say fashola didn't work at all...I said with the amount of revenue which accrued to Lagos compared to what fashola put on ground...HE DID NOTHING BUT LOOT...PEOPLE WILL CURSE HIM THE DAY FOI WILL TAKE EFFECT IN LAGOS...WHY SHOULD A SAN BE BLOCKING SUCH IMPORTANT LAW IN HIS STATE IF HE IS CLEAN...

I JUST TOLD YOU ABOUT MY SIDE...ANOTHER PERSON HAS SPOKEN ABOUT THE WRATH IN HIS SIDE...IT IS NOT ABOUT LIES AND PROPAGANDA BRO...

IF YOU THINK THERE ARE MORE INFRASTRUCTURES THERE...KINDLY NAME THEM...THANKS
Re: Has Fashola Performed? by Whynotthetruth(m): 12:04pm On Mar 16, 2015
montedo:

Yes! Take a look at Oshodi for instance; take a look at the street lights at nite; general hospitals and the thousands of roads Fashola alone has done and u will agree with me that he has worked wonders. Now, car owners park their cars at home and board BRT buses cos its convenient. Need i talk about the waste management system that has witnessed a turnaround? Its an aberration to say that Fash has not performed. If u tell me he can do more, ofcos i would agree but to say he didnt perform? Fear God abeg! BTW, dont u get it? If Akwa ibom has witnessed more transformation than Lagos, their first family wont be in Lagos. Eko oni baje o!

You are didn't answer my questions and you are mixing up issues...kindly note that People migrate for so many reasons bro including economic reasons...Akpabio didn't come to Lagos because of whatever tinubu or his boy has done...good day...
Re: Has Fashola Performed? by 9jatriot(m): 12:27pm On Mar 16, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Bro, I hate to argue with people who try be cunny or play fast one on me because it gets me irritated easily...
If you say that fashola isn't over hyped, kindly prove me wrong with facts...we are talking from experience here in Lagos not based on Nairaland rumours or threads or any publications... I didn't say fashola didn't work at all...I said with the amount of revenue which accrued to Lagos compared to what fashola put on ground...HE DID NOTHING BUT LOOT...PEOPLE WILL CURSE HIM THE DAY FOI WILL TAKE EFFECT IN LAGOS...WHY SHOULD A SAN BE BLOCKING SUCH IMPORTANT LAW IN HIS STATE IF HE IS CLEAN...

I JUST TOLD YOU ABOUT MY SIDE...ANOTHER PERSON HAS SPOKEN ABOUT THE WRATH IN HIS SIDE...IT IS NOT ABOUT LIES AND PROPAGANDA BRO...

IF YOU THINK THERE ARE MORE INFRASTRUCTURES THERE...KINDLY NAME THEM...THANKS

I admit I do not have the answer to all your queries, after all I am not any where near the corridor of power, but when I see and hear of good governance, I will say it. In summary to your questions:

Has Fashola done enough considering the resources he has?
The resources you are talking about is generated with the ingenuity of the government, something other state governments have not been able to achieve. In response to the question itself, I will say yes.

Do other states have the same challenges as Lagos?

Hell no. Lagos has a small land mass with a large volume of people. The population is both a blessing and a challenge in itself. That means that the resources that seems so much becomes very small compared with the number of people in the state. Someone did a calculation that amounted to 17k per person earlier. Meaning if all lagosians queued up to collect their share, that will be probably be what they will get. Compare that with Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom, Enugu etc

Have they solved all the problems in Lagos?

Hell no, Lagos remains a difficult place to leave in.

Are certain areas still having issues with roads?

Yes. I agree. Government however is a continuous process, areas not solved today could be done moro.

Is Fashola over hyped? FOI?

No, he is not. He has earned the right to the accolades he gets. it is not mere propaganda. What has FOI done at the federal level or in states that have signed it into law. Moreover, this FOI did not come out at it was presented to the National Assembly and hence has no bite. So?

As for the others I either do not have answer to them like I said earlier or I do not understand them in their context.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"I Will Not Consider You For Ministerial Appointment" – Buhari Tells / I Am Not A Member Of IPOB - Nnamdi Kanu / Adamawa Speaker Wants Child Rights Act To Lower Maturity Age Below 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.