Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,565 members, 7,820,039 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

Has Fashola Performed? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Has Fashola Performed? (4925 Views)

BBC Hardtalk Interview:how Babatunde Fashola Performed Excellently!! / Fashola Performed Better Than I Did – Tinubu / Fashola Performed Better Than I Did, Tinubu Admits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Fashola Performed? by adaweezy(m): 12:28pm On Mar 16, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Bro, I hate to argue with people who try be cunny or play fast one on me because it gets me irritated easily...
If you say that fashola isn't over hyped, kindly prove me wrong with facts...we are talking from experience here in Lagos not based on Nairaland rumours or threads or any publications... I didn't say fashola didn't work at all...I said with the amount of revenue which accrued to Lagos compared to what fashola put on ground...HE DID NOTHING BUT LOOT...PEOPLE WILL CURSE HIM THE DAY FOI WILL TAKE EFFECT IN LAGOS...WHY SHOULD A SAN BE BLOCKING SUCH IMPORTANT LAW IN HIS STATE IF HE IS CLEAN...

I JUST TOLD YOU ABOUT MY SIDE...ANOTHER PERSON HAS SPOKEN ABOUT THE WRATH IN HIS SIDE...IT IS NOT ABOUT LIES AND PROPAGANDA BRO...

IF YOU THINK THERE ARE MORE INFRASTRUCTURES THERE...KINDLY NAME THEM...THANKS
www.nairaland.com/2180887/fasholas-8-years-gej-fg/4
Stop ranting and check this page out .......
It compares fashola and jonathan
I hope you have MB
Re: Has Fashola Performed? by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:01pm On Mar 16, 2015
9jatriot:

I admit I do not have the answer to all your queries, after all I am not any where near the corridor of power, but when I see and hear of good governance, I will say it. In summary to your questions:

Has Fashola done enough considering the resources he has?
The resources you are talking about is generated with the ingenuity of the government, something other state governments have not been able to achieve. In response to the question itself, I will say yes.

Do other states have the same challenges as Lagos?

Hell no. Lagos has a small land mass with a large volume of people. The population is both a blessing and a challenge in itself. That means that the resources that seems so much becomes very small compared with the number of people in the state. Someone did a calculation that amounted to 17k per person earlier. Meaning if all lagosians queued up to collect their share, that will be probably be what they will get. Compare that with Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom, Enugu etc

Have they solved all the problems in Lagos?

Hell no, Lagos remains a difficult place to leave in.

Are certain areas still having issues with roads?

Yes. I agree. Government however is a continuous process, areas not solved today could be done moro.

Is Fashola over hyped? FOI?

No, he is not. He has earned the right to the accolades he gets. it is not mere propaganda. What has FOI done at the federal level or in states that have signed it into law. Moreover, this FOI did not come out at it was presented to the National Assembly and hence has no bite. So?

As for the others I either do not have answer to them like I said earlier or I do not understand them in their context.

It is wrong, dubious,a case of stealing and corruption to tax people and refuse to use it for their good...How can you applaud ingenuity in being able to shortchange the people...In all, it is not his money; the more he collects from revenue; the more work he should do...

Some did a dubious calculation of IGR...why not add Federal allocation too alongside funds for the local governments... Do you see the quantum of money involved now?...Now, add all the loans and bonds secured in Lagos...what were they used for...Do you see the amount involved now...Are you still comparing them to those states again?... lolz...Lagos is in bondage brother...

How was FOI diluted bro...what bite doesn't it have?...Do you know why people can access different documents of Jonathan government now?...Do you think Jonathan would have signed such bill into law if he had so much to hide as APC rumoured/rumouring?...Remember, that bill was there throughout Obj regime....
If Fashola is clean and not corrupt with Tinubu; let him domesticate that law...shikena...but he dare not because the theft is TOO MUCH bro...

Finally, has fashola worked better than Tinubu?...Yes...Is he being over hyped by media?....Yes...Mind you; Jagaban and APC doesn't play Jonathan gentleman politics...They are bullies...They use force to intimidate any dissenting voice...Most media houses in Lagos are in their pocket...
BTW where's the train he inspected since 3years or so in Canada whose cost has been covered by a loan fashola got and promised that the train will run before July last year or so...where is $90million education loan??....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Fashola Performed? by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:07pm On Mar 16, 2015
adaweezy:

www.nairaland.com/2180887/fasholas-8-years-gej-fg/4
Stop ranting and check this page out .......
It compares fashola and jonathan
I hope you have MB

You people should stop littering this thread with this same thread plzzz...I don't need any thread to see government activities in my area...I only need such threads for places I haven't been to like borno, kebbi, sokoto etc...As for Lagos here; I am yet to see it in my area...

2 Likes

Re: Has Fashola Performed? by anonimi: 1:11pm On Mar 16, 2015
Whynotthetruth:
You people should stop littering this thread with this same thread plzzz...I don't need any thread to see government activities in my area...I only need such threads for places I haven't been to like borno, kebbi, sokoto etc...As for Lagos here; I am yet to see it in my area...

Why are they ADVERTISING Fashola's very limited work at this late hour

I thought the APC e-rats like quoting the perpetual running mate of the old pensioner, Femi Osibande that government work does not need advertisement!

Anyway we know Fashola's scorecard is complete and total FAILURE.

He gets an all round F9 except in noise-making, EMPTY propaganda- there the boy, boy of Thief'nuibu cabal collect A1 gabadaya grin cheesy
QED!!!

3 Likes

Re: Has Fashola Performed? by adaweezy(m): 1:16pm On Mar 16, 2015
anonimi:

I thought the APC e-rats like quoting the perpetual running mate of the old pensioner, Femi Osibande that government work does not need advertisement!

He gets an all round F9 except in noise-making, EMPTY propaganda- there the boy, boy of Thief'nuibu cabal collect A1 gabadaya grin cheesy
QED!!!
This bot has come again
Re: Has Fashola Performed? by adaweezy(m): 1:19pm On Mar 16, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

you just feel like hating no offence
Stick to a particular stance rather galivanting about non issues
Re: Has Fashola Performed? by anonimi: 1:25pm On Mar 16, 2015
adaweezy:
This bot has come again

Can you rate this type of senseless performance record

- Spent $1 billion to buy aloku scrap metal trains in Toronto since 2011.
- Promised in January 2013 the light rail will work in five months i.e. June 2013.
- 21 months later, trains we nor see, even money sef don enter Toronto kalokalo.

That na train business oh.
Same thing for Sunborn floating hotel SCAM.

[img]http://3.bp..com/-0cjSRaVqdv4/TWEJI4eES7I/AAAAAAAAAO8/nZkAaHlM5IE/s1600/sunbornyatch2C.jpg[/img]

Lagos N8bn Sunborn Yacht deal, bad business — APC

More from: http://www.punchng.com/news/lagos-n8bn-sunborn-yacht-deal-bad-business-apc/

Not forgetting this FRAUD also:

$90m loan spending: FOI Act not applicable to Lagos •Fashola tells court

Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State has told a Federal High Court sitting in Lagos that he intended to file a preliminary objection challenging the suit by a civil society group, seeking to compel him to release information relating to how government spent the $90 million loan obtained for improving public schools in the state.

The state Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice, Mr Ade Ipaye, at the resumed hearing in the matter before Justice Saliu Saidu, hinted of the government’s intention to challenge the suit, in addition to a counter-affidavit he earlier filed in opposition to the suit.

The Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project (SERAP) instituted the suit against Fashola and Ipaye, and prayed the court to compel the governor to disclose how the loan allegedly obtained from the World Bank for education in the state was spent.

SERAP had argued that it resorted to suing the governor and the Attorney-General after the government refused to honour its letter dated December 1, 2013, requesting for the information brought in pursuant to the Freedom of Information Act 2011.

But Ipaye had, in a counter-affidavit, opposed the suit, arguing that the FoI Act was not applicable to Lagos State, because the law was a federal legislation.

More from: http://tribune.com.ng/tribune-law/item/3266-90m-loan-spending-foi-act-not-applicable-to-lagos-fashola-tells-court/3266-90m-loan-spending-foi-act-not-applicable-to-lagos-fashola-tells-court

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1874841_img2014111800178_jpeg3fee82da796bf21cfe45923e7b82ec12

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1874883_img2014111800146_jpeg1b27de443b457a0f860e5adcdaaa187b

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1874906_img2014111800148_jpeg2ae8db776b2363f8010f35b0463c6cbb

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1875047_img2014111800173_jpeg9b1c3e1b830058e00636bea988489243

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1875011_img2014111800152_jpeg6cc44980e82a1aa277261f905cff2476

More pathetic pictures from this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/2003828/unbelievable-pictures-awori-college-ojo

The man can only grade as total and complete FAILURE.

When/Who will rescue Lagos from Living in Bondage, Part 5

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Has Fashola Performed? by 9jatriot(m): 1:31pm On Mar 16, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

It is wrong, dubious,a case of stealing and corruption to tax people and refuse to use it for their good...How can you applaud ingenuity in being able to shortchange the people...In all, it is not his money; the more he collects from revenue; the more work he should do...

Some did a dubious calculation of IGR...why not add Federal allocation too alongside funds for the local governments... Do you see the quantum of money involved now?...Now, add all the loans and bonds secured in Lagos...what were they used for...Do you see the amount involved now...Are you still comparing them to those states again?... lolz...Lagos is in bondage brother...

How was FOI diluted bro...what bite doesn't it have?...Do you know why people can access different documents of Jonathan government now?...Do you think Jonathan would have signed such bill into law if he had so much to hide as APC rumoured/rumouring?...Remember, that bill was there throughout Obj regime....
If Fashola is clean and not corrupt with Tinubu; let him domesticate that law...shikena...but he dare not because the theft is TOO MUCH bro...

Finally, has fashola worked better than Tinubu?...Yes...Is he being over hyped by media?....Yes...Mind you; Jagaban and APC doesn't play Jonathan gentleman politics...They are bullies...They use force to intimidate any dissenting voice...Most media houses in Lagos are in their pocket...
BTW where's the train he inspected since 3years or so in Canada whose cost has been covered by a loan fashola got and promised that the train will run before July last year or so...where is $90million education loan??....

No need for long episode. When you finish calculating total income vs the number of persons in Lagos and comparing same for other states and comparing the developments in lagos with others states in Nigeria and even abroad, then we can have a more meaningful discussion. I understand your grievances about a particular area, but using that one area to claim that a performing governor is overhyped is a no no. BRF's achievements are screaming for even the blind to see, I insist and he deserves all the accolades he gets both home and abroad. A bad product is difficult to sell, media hype can only work when you have real developments (not 3d animations or drawings) to show. I asked you again what has FOI done in Abuja. Please use the FOI to help me bring the PWC audit report on the NNPC account.

1 Like

Re: Has Fashola Performed? by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:34pm On Mar 16, 2015
anonimi:

QED!!!

Sure...hypocrisy is their trademark... They criticize Jonathan for showing his achievements but wanna advertise theres... but that's not even the issue; because I live in Lagos; so if I can't feel government impact all round me; then there's serious problem....
Jonathan isn't grassroot government but state and local governments of fashola are; so there impact must be felt at my area and home...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Fashola Performed? by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:44pm On Mar 16, 2015
9jatriot:

No need for long episode. When you finish calculating total income vs the number of persons in Lagos and comparing same for other states and comparing the developments in lagos with others states in Nigeria and even abroad, then we can have a more meaningful discussion. I understand your grievances about a particular area, but using that one area to claim that a performing governor is overhyped is a no no. BRF's achievements are screaming for even the blind to see, I insist and he deserves all the accolades he gets both home and abroad. A bad product is difficult to sell, media hype can only work when you have real developments (not 3d animations or drawings) to show. I asked you again what has FOI done in Abuja. Please use the FOI to help me bring the PWC audit report on the NNPC account.

You are a Nigerian citizen, go for it if you need it...or you want to convert me to boy boy as tinubu did to fashola?

Since you think it is only my area...let me take you to another area now...remember someone else told you of the wrath in his own area...

More from: http://tribune.com.ng/tribune-law/item/3266-90m-loan-spending-foi-act-
not-applicable-to-lagos-fashola-tells-court/3266-90m-loan-spending-foi-act-not-
applicable-to-lagos-fashola-tells-court

More from: http://www.punchng.com/news/lagos-n8bn-sunborn-yacht-deal-bad-
business-apc/

Spent $1 billion to buy aloku scrap metal trains in Toronto since 2011.
- Promised in January 2013 the light rail will work in five months i.e. June 2013.
- 21 months later, trains we nor see, even money sef don enter Toronto kalokalo.
Re: Has Fashola Performed? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Mar 16, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

You are didn't answer my questions and you are mixing up issues...kindly note that People migrate for so many reasons bro including economic reasons...Akpabio didn't come to Lagos because of whatever tinubu or his boy has done...good day...
And he wants investors to come into his state? He wants indigenes of the state to remain there? I dont care when he moved, the major point is that as at when he was a governor, his state wasnt attractive enough to convince his own immediate family to live in. They found Lagos more attractive. I grab ur point but thats the truth.
Re: Has Fashola Performed? by 9jatriot(m): 2:24pm On Mar 16, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

You are a Nigerian citizen, go for it if you need it...or you want to convert me to boy boy as tinubu did to fashola?

Since you think it is only my area...let me take you to another area now...remember someone else told you of the wrath in his own area...

More from: http://tribune.com.ng/tribune-law/item/3266-90m-loan-spending-foi-act-
not-applicable-to-lagos-fashola-tells-court/3266-90m-loan-spending-foi-act-not-
applicable-to-lagos-fashola-tells-court

More from: http://www.punchng.com/news/lagos-n8bn-sunborn-yacht-deal-bad-
business-apc/

Spent $1 billion to buy aloku scrap metal trains in Toronto since 2011.

The school in that thread is deplorable.

I do not understand what the newspaper on FOI or sunborn yacht was meant to achieve, we have already agreed that FOI is not effective even in places that have signed it.

Research on the role FG has played in stalling or slowing down the progress of that light and blue ray lines. They have missed their delivery dates but those who live in those areas keep testifying that work is on going,. so what exactly is your point? that they should not have done it? should they bring in trains when the tracks are not yet ready? Na wa.
Re: Has Fashola Performed? by francizy(m): 3:03pm On Mar 16, 2015
anonimi:

Can you rate this type of senseless performance record

- Spent $1 billion to buy aloku scrap metal trains in Toronto since 2011.

That na train business oh.
Same thing for Sunborn floating hotel SCAM.

Not forgetting this FRAUD also:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1874841_img2014111800178_jpeg3fee82da796bf21cfe45923e7b82ec12

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1874883_img2014111800146_jpeg1b27de443b457a0f860e5adcdaaa187b

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1874906_img2014111800148_jpeg2ae8db776b2363f8010f35b0463c6cbb

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1875047_img2014111800173_jpeg9b1c3e1b830058e00636bea988489243

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1875011_img2014111800152_jpeg6cc44980e82a1aa277261f905cff2476

The man can only grade as total and complete FAILURE.

When/Who will rescue Lagos from Living in Bondage, Part 5

What a decietful bunch claming to be agents of change.#spits

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Has Fashola Performed? by Whynotthetruth(m): 3:14pm On Mar 16, 2015
9jatriot:

I do not understand what the newspaper on FOI or sunborn yacht was meant to achieve, we have already agreed that FOI is not effective even in places that have signed it.

Research on the role FG has played in stalling or slowing down the progress of that light and blue ray lines. They have missed their delivery dates but those who live in those areas keep testifying that work is on going,. so what exactly is your point? that they should not have done it? should they bring in trains when the tracks are not yet ready? Na wa.

For federal level, FOi has been awesome...let fashola domesticate so that we feel the impact here too...

The FOI news showed how fashola refused to allow investigation into what he used the 90million dollars loan he obtained in the name of primary education to do...He refused investigation saying FOI is not allowed in Lagos...

Sunborn Yacht was bought using Lagos 8billion naira but the yacht was useless and meaningless... When fashola was accused of wasting Lagos money for tinubu through that yacht...that's when APC explained it away as simply bad business...as if 8billion is nothing... Imagine if Jonathan wasted that kind of money; what APC will do and say??

1 Like

Re: Has Fashola Performed? by Whynotthetruth(m): 3:22pm On Mar 16, 2015
9jatriot:

FG supported fashola and didn't delay any loan...forget the lies and propaganda... I can show you all the updates if you want here...

Fashola took a loan of 1billion dollars because of the rail project...It was approved for them by Jonathan... Fashola said that the rails will start running by July 2013...we are in 2015 but there's no rail....ONE BILLION DOLLARS; imagine the money bro...Nobody delayed him one inch...They are simply thieves...When they fail; they blame Jonathan...hypocrites!!!
Re: Has Fashola Performed? by 9jatriot(m): 3:23pm On Mar 16, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

For federal level, FOi has been awesome...let fashola domesticate so that we feel the impact here too...

The FOI news showed how fashola refused to allow investigation into what he used the 90million dollars loan he obtained in the name of primary education to do...He refused investigation saying FOI is not allowed in Lagos...

Sunborn Yacht was bought using Lagos 8billion naira but the yacht was useless and meaningless... When fashola was accused of wasting Lagos money for tinubu through that yacht...that's when APC explained it away as simply bad business...as if 8billion is nothing... Imagine if Jonathan wasted that kind of money; what APC will do and say??

I am no lawyer, but if you initiate a case and use the FOI law to request for info, the defendant lawyer can say that law does not apply here, it does not mean that they have anything to hide. FOI has not worked in anyway at the federal level, I asked for the PWC report using the FOI law, you went into rhetoric's because you know it will not come out with FOI bill or law.

Sunborn Yacht was meant to generate income for the state from what I have read, right? I understand it turned out not to have been able to generate enough money as the projections were. By your own admission, LASG indicted itself in saying it turned out not to be a viable venture without invoking the FOI bill. Moreover, most information that you require are in the website of LASG. So even without the FOI bill, most information are in the public domain already, so what are you not saying?

Bottom line, BRF is not perfect but deserves all the accolades he gets. He is shoulder above his peers who are governors in Nigeria and even the president. It's that simple.
Re: Has Fashola Performed? by 9jatriot(m): 3:26pm On Mar 16, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

FG supported fashola and didn't delay any loan...forget the lies and propaganda... I can show you all the updates if you want here...

Fashola took a loan of 1billion dollars because of the rail project...It was approved for them by Jonathan... Fashola said that the rails will start running by July 2013...we are in 2015 but there's no rail....ONE BILLION DOLLARS; imagine the money bro...Nobody delayed him one inch...They are simply thieves...When they fail; they blame Jonathan...hypocrites!!!

Thieves for a work that is still ongoing?? Haba bros? Have they run away now? If delivery date is delayed, has that translated to denial? Are you saying that the work has stopped and the project abandoned?? Be fair boss.

The guy who is in charge of the treasury at abuja is distributing it to traditional rulers. Stealing from the treasury is defined as what

1 Like

Re: Has Fashola Performed? by Whynotthetruth(m): 3:29pm On Mar 16, 2015
9jatriot:

If they (APC)ever succeed in pushing Jonathan out but God forbid; Nigeria will bleed till she ceases to exist...
check out all the men that ruined Nigeria and pushed her to these problems have gathered again in APC chanting "change"...using buhari to cover themselves...unfortunately buhari can NEVER remain the same after this election because they are messing him up...Watch or research on buhari now and see that all he is saying today contradicts all he said before he joined APC....
Re: Has Fashola Performed? by tit(f): 3:33pm On Mar 16, 2015
adaweezy:
Pdp ibo trolls
If you divide 400 billion by 19 million you wil get 17,000 naira per head ...
Comparing enugu or akwa ibom with lagos is insanity...
Fashola has tried only if Aresa would shut una up

tribalism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

please,
face thief fashole's massive failure in providing stomach or any other kind of infrastructure to lagosians apart from his Eko Club members.

1 Like

Re: Has Fashola Performed? by Whynotthetruth(m): 3:36pm On Mar 16, 2015
9jatriot:

Thieves for a work that is still ongoing?? Haba bros? Have they run away now? If delivery date is delayed, has that translated to denial? Are you saying that the work has stopped and the project abandoned?? Be fair boss.

The guy who is in charge of the treasury at abuja is distributing it to traditional rulers. Stealing from the treasury is defined as what

Remember, all contractors deliver projects before the delivery date on paper unless there is a hitch which they will announce officially... So which hitch did the rail encounter.... Train supposed to move by July 2013-today is March 2015 and the work isn't finished yet not to talk of train moving on them...Where is the 1billion dollars...what happened to the 90million dollars and 8billion and others have happened to it too...shikena...

kindly Provide proof of bribery of dollars to traditional rulers because all the traditional rulers denied receiving such money....I am waiting
Re: Has Fashola Performed? by 9jatriot(m): 3:39pm On Mar 16, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

If they (APC)ever succeed in pushing Jonathan out but God forbid; Nigeria will bleed till she ceases to exist...
check out all the men that ruined Nigeria and pushed her to these problems have gathered again in APC chanting "change"...using buhari to cover themselves...unfortunately buhari can NEVER remain the same after this election because they are messing him up...Watch or research on buhari now and see that all he is saying today contradicts all he said before he joined APC....

If Nigerians allow GEJ to win, then there will be no need to pray to him for solutions because this is one chance he has given us to change the order of things. Now to the men that ruined Nigeria, lets look at them one by one and their parties:

IBB: PDP
Anenin: PDP
Dasuki: PDP
David Mark: PDP
Abacha's family: PDP
Etc

All the people name here were pre democracy. I know you are eager to call Tinubu's name, it will interest you to know that while all these guys were supporting Abacha the likes of Anthony Enahoro of blessed memory, Wole Soyinka and Tinubu were in the fore front of NADECO, fighting for democracy to return to Nigeria and that June 12 should stand. So who are the APC members that destroyed this country you want to talk about? Limit it to pre democracy please.
Re: Has Fashola Performed? by 9jatriot(m): 3:45pm On Mar 16, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Remember, all contractors deliver projects before the delivery date on paper unless there is a hitch which they will announce officially... So which hitch did the rail encounter.... Train supposed to move by July 2013-today is March 2015 and the work isn't finished yet not to talk of train moving on them...Where is the 1billion dollars...what happened to the 90million dollars and 8billion and others have happened to it too...shikena...

kindly Provide proof of bribery of dollars to traditional rulers because all the traditional rulers denied receiving such money....I am waiting

I will look for the receipt and bring to you. You hear.

Work is still on going on the rails. Serious rail business is a long term project not when you paint one or two coaches o, but real rail projects. The project will not be rushed just to score cheap political points.

In projects engineering, projects usually face both foreseen and unforeseen circumstances e.g dollars moving from 150 to 220 USD which can have a large negative impact on the project. As long as work is still ongoing, I am sure they have not abandoned the project then there is hope. After this first delivery, the others will be fasters because there will be lessons learnt. Peace
Re: Has Fashola Performed? by fresh15: 4:09pm On Mar 16, 2015
Frankly speaking,fashiola underperformed.What he knows best is how to use different uniform men to extort money from Lagosians.He inflated tax charges in Lagos state,banned okada only to import his own special okada which he sold at a cut- throat price.Traffic bottlenecks everywhere.He performed woefully especially in the the second tenure that many people had to leave Lagos including me.

2 Likes

Re: Has Fashola Performed? by alexlee50: 4:17pm On Mar 16, 2015
Acekidc4:

Oga mi, no need to argue and pls don't be Biased in your rating of Him!!

The Guy has done a lot in Lagos!! You can see for yourself na!!!
Abeg name these achievements?
Re: Has Fashola Performed? by IVORY2009(m): 4:23pm On Mar 16, 2015
Fashola has really tried, especially in his first administration, but his second term he never implimented any visiable project, and its less than some months for him to leave office, oga fashola, na only victoria Island, Ikoyi, Surulere, Badagry, etc be Lagos, all lagosians are equal.
Re: Has Fashola Performed? by Whynotthetruth(m): 7:33pm On Mar 16, 2015
9jatriot:

I am no lawyer, but if you initiate a case and use the FOI law to request for info, the defendant lawyer can say that law does not apply here, it does not mean that they have anything to hide. FOI has not worked in anyway at the federal level, I asked for the PWC report using the FOI law, you went into rhetoric's because you know it will not come out with FOI bill or law.

Sunborn Yacht was meant to generate income for the state from what I have read, right? I understand it turned out not to have been able to generate enough money as the projections were. By your own admission, LASG indicted itself in saying it turned out not to be a viable venture without invoking the FOI bill. Moreover, most information that you require are in the website of LASG. So even without the FOI bill, most information are in the public domain already, so what are you not saying?

Bottom line, BRF is not perfect but deserves all the accolades he gets. He is shoulder above his peers who are governors in Nigeria and even the president. It's that simple.

Not at all...FOI is perfectly working in federal level...whatever you request for will be given to you unless it will jeopardize national security or sovereignty...

Sunborn yacht never generated any kobo for the state...the comment of being bad business was issued after the uproar and assault from CLO and PDP...

LASG only keeps favourable information on their website nothing implicating for them...

Above which governor?...Someone brought up a challenge on that on a given thread about akpabio...search for the thread and see what it means to build state infrastructure etc...forget fashola media hype...good evening
Re: Has Fashola Performed? by Whynotthetruth(m): 7:46pm On Mar 16, 2015
9jatriot:

I will look for the receipt and bring to you. You hear.

Work is still on going on the rails. Serious rail business is a long term project not when you paint one or two coaches o, but real rail projects. The project will not be rushed just to score cheap political points.

In projects engineering, projects usually face both foreseen and unforeseen circumstances e.g dollars moving from 150 to 220 USD which can have a large negative impact on the project. As long as work is still ongoing, I am sure they have not abandoned the project then there is hope. After this first delivery, the others will be fasters because there will be lessons learnt. Peace

lolz... my bro plz don't be ridiculous here... In any project, both your foreseen and unforeseen circumstances are fathomed in before project life span is fixed...all those were done in that project before it started or are you implying fashola used quacks who couldn't do their calculations well the rail fashola showed us in Canada; do you think it is a new one....it has been abandoned in Canada for long...maybe anomini will show you the picture here...

Abuja- Kaduna speed rail was started under Jonathan and is almost ready to be commissioned.... can you compare that job to fashola or amechi rail

BTW will you grant Jonathan all these excuses you are making up for fashola
If you can grant fashola all this benefit of doubt; why not do same for Jonathan...
Why don't you judge and excuse Jonathan the way you are doing for fashola

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Has Fashola Performed? by anonimi: 7:51pm On Mar 16, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Sure...hypocrisy is their trademark... They criticize Jonathan for showing his achievements but wanna advertise theres... but that's not even the issue; because I live in Lagos; so if I can't feel government impact all round me; then there's serious problem....
Jonathan isn't grassroot government but state and local governments of fashola are; so there impact must be felt at my area and home...

Thanks for this revelation o jare.
We must EDUCATE, sensitizise and enlighten our people to understand this nitty gritty of democratic civilised governance.

May the Good Lord bless your hustle jor cheesy
Re: Has Fashola Performed? by Whynotthetruth(m): 8:10pm On Mar 16, 2015
9jatriot:

If Nigerians allow GEJ to win, then there will be no need to pray to him for solutions because this is one chance he has given us to change the order of things. Now to the men that ruined Nigeria, lets look at them one by one and their parties:

IBB: PDP
Anenin: PDP
Dasuki: PDP
David Mark: PDP
Abacha's family: PDP
Etc

All the people name here were pre democracy. I know you are eager to call Tinubu's name, it will interest you to know that while all these guys were supporting Abacha the likes of Anthony Enahoro of blessed memory, Wole Soyinka and Tinubu were in the fore front of NADECO, fighting for democracy to return to Nigeria and that June 12 should stand. So who are the APC members that destroyed this country you want to talk about? Limit it to pre democracy please.

You're really ridiculous bro...why should I limit to pre-democracy? Were crimes and looting under democracy any different from crimes and looting under military? Aren't they all making Nigeria to bleed

Tinubu fought under NADECO for democracy NOt because he loved the masses or democratic rule any better but because he wasn't a military man and democracy was his only bet and access to power...QED

Why did you exclude Buhari from your list
Where's Obj, Saraki, Rochas, Amechi, Oyegun, Oyinlola, Atiku, Magoro, Goje, Wamakko, Tinubu, Mbadinuju, Kwankwaso, Buhari, Tam David West, Izunaso, etc...These guys made Nigeria to shed tears, blood, sweat etc...

Did put Abacha Didn't you hear when Buhari passed vote of confidence on Abacha...he said Abacha NEVER looted our money...

IBB isn't an active politician again... if he's PDP; why did buhari go to him for endorsement...he plays more of a statesman now...

Finally, after our military horror experience; Nigeria started democracy with the aim to move forward past her ignoble past but unfortunately some rotten minds felt otherwise and held decided to hold Nigeria down again under democracy... KINDLY NOTE THAT ALL THE PEOPLE WHO HELD US DOWN EVEN UNDER DEMOCRACY HAVE GATHERED AGAIN IN APC AFTER BEING MANOEUVRED OUT BY JONATHAN... GOD WONT ALLOW THEM AGAIN... THIS EVIL CONSPIRACY MUST BE DEFEATED...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Has Fashola Performed? by Whynotthetruth(m): 8:13pm On Mar 16, 2015
anonimi:

We must EDUCATE, sensitizise and enlighten our people to understand this nitty gritty of democratic civilised governance.

lolz...Amen and same to u boss...we keep giving our widow's mite to defeat this devilish conspiracy...

2 Likes

Re: Has Fashola Performed? by Whynotthetruth(m): 8:16pm On Mar 16, 2015
anonimi:

kindly post that picture of fashola 419 inspection of train abroad...

1 Like

Re: Has Fashola Performed? by anonimi: 9:53pm On Mar 16, 2015
Whynotthetruth:
kindly post that picture of fashola 419 inspection of train abroad...

At your request my fellow comrade, with pleasure:

The Lagos deal would be the first of its kind for the TTC. Decommissioned cars are usually sold for scrap metal and can fetch up to $1,500 dollar each. While Ross declined to discuss specific figures, he says the sticker price for Lagos is "significantly more" than scrap prices, putting the potential profits to the TTC in the millions of dollars.

It is not unusual for technology from western nations to end up in poorer countries. Marketplaces in Africa and Asia are flooded with North American clothes, computers, and even cars, but the purchase of larger technology like trains is rarer.

The cars will have to be significantly refurbished to fit existing infrastructure in Lagos, and some Nigerian media reports have lamented that the government appears to have settled on "tokundo," or used, trains instead of brand new vehicles.

Although half the cars are more than 30 years old, Ross is adamant they are perfectly safe and are only being decommissioned for capacity reasons. But he also admitted the TTC is not required to make sure the cars meet any safety standards before selling them.

"Once sold, it's up to the new operator to ensure they are in good working order," he said. "They do need to be maintained much more frequently than the new trains, simply because of their age. At some point they will run out their useful life."

Murtaza Haider, director of the Institute of Housing and Mobility at Ryerson University, said the age of the cars is definitely a cause for concern.

"We should be ensuring that there is some service life left in these vehicles and we're not going to be playing havoc with the lives of those who would ride these vehicles," Haider said. "There's metal fatigue, and that metal fatigue could result in dangerous conditions. I would be paying a close watch on this for the next ten years to see how many accidents do happen in Lagos."

He also warned that while rail systems are glamorous as far as transit infrastructure goes, they are not always as effective at reducing congestion as other options. Nevertheless, new rail systems are frequently preferred because governments can take advantage of kickbacks from large contracts.

According to media reports, the cost estimates for the Lagos rail project have varied wildly from $1.2 billion to $30 billion. In 2010, a Nigerian government watchdog accused Fashola's government of widespread corruption.

"More often than not, politicians favour rail transit because it is more expensive," Haider said. "It's almost useless in some cases, and less productive in most cases, than a bus system. But you can't buy busses for $30 billion. You can inflate prices and make a lot of money buying a rail system."

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2135824_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

You can see more APC expose on this compilation thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/2121046/apc-matters-pictures

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Are Majority Of Yoruba Politicians Always In Opposition? / 15 Most Urbanized Cities In Nigeria / Why Should I Vote Atiku After This!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 170
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.