Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria (85628 Views)

I Need Help With Information About Moving To GHANA / 10 Reasons Why Travellers Are Turned Back Or Refused Entry At The Port Of Entry / 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by biafranqueen: 8:24pm On Mar 15, 2015
simplex2:

Nne, u don't understand the gist. Dude is trying to justify using an industrial inverter on his private apartment; thus he posited that he is living in a 3 storey building. That's propesterous! A duplet is quite understandable as the stair case is inside and not outside as the case of 3-storey buildings which is normally used as rented apartments.
Wouldn't it be stragne moving from one floor to the other via an external stair case in a 3-story building that is exclusively yours?
. not sure about all that you should encourage him to start a thread to show us how it is done. Regardless, the idea is genuine and we have to encourage more talk on going green as individuals or communities. Hoping that the government will supply power to 160 million people in 4 years or even 10 years is far fetched and unrealistic. If we don't want to be taxed 35% of your revenue you have to find a way to see what you can do for your country via your community to become self sufficient on basic amenities.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by londoner: 8:26pm On Mar 15, 2015
Glamrock:

I'm aware it would be different living there. It would be a big cultural change no matter what country in the world I decided to go to. Adjustment, determination, faith. I'm not worried at all. Tis my destiny

You definately have the Naija spirit.......it will hold you in good stead to be resilient and determined, even if your friends let you down at some point.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Nobody: 8:27pm On Mar 15, 2015
Bwahaha... Welcome back to Nigeria and live your diseased life there. Malaria and smelling drinking water await you. You ungrateful country person!
Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by otiigba1(m): 8:28pm On Mar 15, 2015
onyenro:

if u are heading to northern Nig and not apc. worry should be your companion.
yes i i`ll be travelling through Abuja, though my D`nation is benin city
Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Nobody: 8:35pm On Mar 15, 2015
biafranqueen:
. not sure about all that you should encourage him to start a thread to show us how it is done. Regardless, the idea is genuine and we have to encourage more talk on going green as individuals or communities. Hoping that the government will supply power to 160 million people in 4 years or even 10 years is far fetched and unrealistic. If we don't want to be taxed 35% of your revenue you have to find a way to see what you can do for your country via your community to become self sufficient on basic amenities.

I started out with 15kva turnkey system and gradually upgraded to 20kva then 30kva. It sounds industrial to him because of his level in life. For me, my drive is to, totally stay off the national grid in my lifetime, and I am constantly researching on latest solar and battery technologies. Alternatively, most serviced estates generate energy and connect to homes 24/7 with customized metering system. One doesnt have to worry about the sources of energy, all you know is that there is electricity at your home 24/7, your business is to fund your smart card.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Ranoscky(m): 8:37pm On Mar 15, 2015
Toyota lomo. Good thinking good product.
Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by onyenro(m): 8:42pm On Mar 15, 2015
otiigba1:
yes i i`ll be travelling through Abuja, though my D`nation is benin city
no problem on that route. as long as It's before 28. I have moved to the east already. presently @ ogidi
Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by RaeMystix: 8:46pm On Mar 15, 2015
@ op
Have you ever weighed the pros and cons of living in Nigeria before making up your mind?.
Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Glamrock(f): 8:52pm On Mar 15, 2015
RaeMystix:

@ op
Have you ever weighed the pros and cons of living in Nigeria before making up your mind?.

Yes I have .

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by IDnoble1: 8:54pm On Mar 15, 2015
tiamiyukunle69:
If na play make you stop am. The kind thing wey NEPA and police go use your eyes see en...you no go like am. Not to talk of bad roads.
grin
U forget mention Insecurity wey dey om, Boko boys for north,kidnappers for east, your-money-or-ur-life boys for South. make una dey come o. we go welcome una and go dey happy to see una

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Nobody: 8:56pm On Mar 15, 2015
Seems op js finished reading a book and is still high on the euphoria;or maybe u"re looking 4 a fine african young blood,cos seems op no too get swag...well,come back nah;u"ll become person maga! U tink naija boiz de play? Mtschew!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by ghananotnaija(m): 8:57pm On Mar 15, 2015
Akata OP, you are very irrational. But I encourage you to make the move, will free up more visa quotas for visa applicants.

Nigeria is Hell on Earth compared to Ghana. It just has more jobs and opportunities, but people here have largely lost their sense of being human. I will go to Ghana as soon I've made enough money to buy land and open up a viable business in Cape Coast.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by simplex2: 8:59pm On Mar 15, 2015
Billyonaire:
Its sad to know people are still so mentally poor and believe others are as wretched as you. My staircase is indoor though.

You're an unrepentant liar! An architect designed a 3-storey building for you with internal staircase?
Yes, I'm mentally poor, but you, my friend is an uneducated liar!

I double dare you now, post the address of your 3-storey internal stairased building and I will devout my time to check it out. I will start a thread to apologize for my 'poor and wretched views' when confirmed. You can take an easier option of posting the pix of your 3x2 = 6 staircase here.

I am waiting Mr Billionaire.
Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by RaeMystix: 9:07pm On Mar 15, 2015
Glamrock:

Yes I have .
I read that all you know is that you are of an African decent, which means you haven't lived in Nigeria or have some relatives in Nigeria?....So the best advice I'll give to you, is try going to Nigeria first for maybe 6 months, in order to get a feel of how life in Nigeria could be for you and your daughter.
There you will know how to sort out where to settle in terms of( high) cost of living; employement/ business ventures and security....Remember, Nigeria isn't America where some of your rights can get you ahead. You will have to be VERY SMART on how and where to invest. Have it in mind that you trust no one but yourself.....Also, remember this isn't the same case as you relocating from one state to another ( in America)....You are relocating to a totally different continent, and a place where your to ought to put your head before your heart.
GoodLuck!

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Naijamericana: 9:08pm On Mar 15, 2015
@Glamrock,

Very interesting post about moving to naija. Most black americans could care less about africa.

What kind of business will you start in naija?
Where have you visited in naija?
What's your favorite naija dish?

Good luck in your endeavours.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Glamrock(f): 9:10pm On Mar 15, 2015
RaeMystix:

I read that all you know is that you are of an African decent, which means you haven't lived in Nigeria or have some relatives in Nigeria?....So the best advice I'll give to you, is try going to Nigeria first for maybe 6 months, in order to get a feel of how life in Nigeria could be for you and your daughter.
There you will know how to sort out where to settle in terms of( high) cost of living; employement/ business ventures and security....Remember, Nigeria isn't America where some of your rights can get you ahead. You will have to be VERY SMART on how and where to invest. Have it in mind that you trust no one but yourself.....Also, remember this isn't the same case as you relocating from one state to another ( in America)....You are relocating to a totally different continent, and a place where your to ought to put your head before your heart.
GoodLuck!

Thank you I appreciate all your info and will take it onto consideration . Great tips, thanks again

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by RaeMystix: 9:10pm On Mar 15, 2015
Glamrock:

Thank you I appreciate all your info and will take it onto consideration . Great tips, thanks again
You're very much welcome.
Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by otiigba1(m): 9:11pm On Mar 15, 2015
onyenro:

no problem on that route. as long as It's before 28. I have moved to the east already. presently @ ogidi
ok, i be visiting families too in Nkpor and if folks are moving i would imagine every one is aprehensive
Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by free2ryhme: 9:15pm On Mar 15, 2015
Glamrock:

and it is none of our business
Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by ooshinibos: 9:17pm On Mar 15, 2015
Glamrock:

am laughing , you will appreciate america when you live in Nigeria fór 3 weeks ..dont take the american lifestyle for granted even though it is not perfect ... 2o millions Nigerian will like to swap places with you to live in american ... for starters go and check the american embassy in lagos and abuja ..u will know what i mean

welcome to naija , u will hear weeen ..but its fun in naija when you are loaded with cash though ..please bring plenty dollars when you are coming

3 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Glamrock(f): 9:17pm On Mar 15, 2015
Naijamericana:
@Glamrock,

Very interesting post about moving to naija. Most black americans could care less about africa.

What kind of business will you start in naija?
Where have you visited in naija?
What's your favorite naija dish?

Good luck in your endeavours.

Hi and Thankyou

My business consist of making clothes and accessories for children and adults , as well as asseccories (handbags , hair bows, bow ties , custom jewelry ect) I'm also into home goods making candles, soaps, breads, and a few other things. I'm good with my hands

I visit naija in August

Favorite dish afang soup

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by prelinctus: 9:26pm On Mar 15, 2015
Ganoderma:

This tells me a whole lot about the person who wrote this crap.

It probably is a summation of his life

Your poor sense of judgement is alarming. And by the way, why the 'his'?
Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by ooshinibos: 9:27pm On Mar 15, 2015
Glamrock:

you are taken for granted the basic amenities you have in American for granted , water , electricity , access to healthcare ...please come to naija annd try it ...you will appreciate america and Nigeria ...
Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by BOWOTO(m): 9:28pm On Mar 15, 2015
londoner:

Why are you reacting like that? The op is an African American who is moving back to her roots. We are not talking about someone who was born, lived or has Nigerian parents. Its a big deal in fact.
okay i understand now, i wish her all the best. Naija is getting better i must say.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by popson1st: 9:31pm On Mar 15, 2015
I beg dont try it.
Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Naijamericana: 9:31pm On Mar 15, 2015
Glamrock:

Hi and Thankyou

My business consist of making clothes and accessories for children and adults , as well as asseccories (handbags , hair bows, bow ties , custom jewelry ect) I'm also into home goods making candles, soaps, breads, and a few other things. I'm good with my hands

I visit naija in August

Favorite dish afang soup

Okay, you are brave for wanting to move to Nigeria. I don't know any Nigerians living abroad who want to move back. Your business ideas sound interesting. I have cousins who frequent Dubai and London to buy clothes to sell in Nigeria.

Calabar is a nice place. Very few problems.

Question for you, as a potential Nigerian, what is your opinion of the political situation in the country especially with the elections?
Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by RaptorX: 9:39pm On Mar 15, 2015
Op there is no welfare, food stamp, section 8 housing, WIC, violence against women act, social security, unemployment benefits, medicare, medicaid, etc in Nigeria o. Here you are OYO.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by babeface3: 9:39pm On Mar 15, 2015
As a psychologist, I was just trying a hypothesis when the decision by some European girls to travel to Syria and join ISIS is juxtaposed with OP's decision.

Any fellow psychologist in the house? grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Glamrock(f): 9:42pm On Mar 15, 2015
Naijamericana:

Okay, you are brave for wanting to move to Nigeria. I don't know any Nigerians living abroad who want to move back. Your business ideas sound interesting. I have cousins who frequent Dubai and London to buy clothes to sell in Nigeria.

Calabar is a nice place. Very few problems.

Question for you, as a potential Nigerian, what is your opinion of the political situation in the country especially with the elections?

Hmm I'd rather not say, I've gotten enough backlash for one day

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Glamrock(f): 9:43pm On Mar 15, 2015
RaptorX:
Op there is no welfare, food stamp, section 8 housing, WIC, violence against women act, social security, unemployment benefits etc in Nigeria o. Here you are OYO.

Good because I don't receive any of that

3 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by londoner: 9:44pm On Mar 15, 2015
Why is the OP's decision causing so much negative reaction?

One man's meat is another man's poison. One man's hell is another man's heaven.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply)

Beautiful Pictures Of Abeokuta, Ogun State That Will Make You Love The City / Lockdown: Beautiful Drone shots Of Lagos / Dubai Tram: Why Don't We Have This Mode Of Public Transport In Nigeria? (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.