Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,192 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Pics!!! I Was Thinking This Stuff Is Juju.what Is This Thing!!!! Photos Here!!! - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Pics!!! I Was Thinking This Stuff Is Juju.what Is This Thing!!!! Photos Here!!! (5594 Views)

What Is The Name Of This Thing. / What Is The English Name Of This Thing? / Is Anybody Thinking This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pics!!! I Was Thinking This Stuff Is Juju.what Is This Thing!!!! Photos Here!!! by vickylala239: 2:10pm On Mar 15, 2015
What exactly is this thing?

name and what it is used for!!

Or it it juju!! Cuz I was thinking this stuff is juju,Cuz of Whr I saw it and person to whom it belong!!!

So guys what is actually this thing?

Re: Pics!!! I Was Thinking This Stuff Is Juju.what Is This Thing!!!! Photos Here!!! by debayun(m): 2:11pm On Mar 15, 2015
if u ask me nah who I go ask
Re: Pics!!! I Was Thinking This Stuff Is Juju.what Is This Thing!!!! Photos Here!!! by leeport: 2:12pm On Mar 15, 2015
Native biscuits tongue

2 Likes

Re: Pics!!! I Was Thinking This Stuff Is Juju.what Is This Thing!!!! Photos Here!!! by Nobody: 2:20pm On Mar 15, 2015
Y did u stole d ancestors cookies?

1 Like

Re: Pics!!! I Was Thinking This Stuff Is Juju.what Is This Thing!!!! Photos Here!!! by Nobody: 2:20pm On Mar 15, 2015
Indomie generations....

Asking silly questions since 2002

8 Likes

Re: Pics!!! I Was Thinking This Stuff Is Juju.what Is This Thing!!!! Photos Here!!! by Nobody: 2:21pm On Mar 15, 2015
Jezyfreezman:
Y did u stole d ancestors cookies?

Y did u stole? Habaaa!
U must not tell everybody u dropped out of skul

4 Likes

Re: Pics!!! I Was Thinking This Stuff Is Juju.what Is This Thing!!!! Photos Here!!! by Jalubarika(m): 2:24pm On Mar 15, 2015
I don't know its English name sha. If you rub it to the wall. It's gonna be so hot.
In those days of pry sch. We used to call it Joké-joké. We dey use am pursue each other after rubbing it to the wall cheesy[color=#990000][/color]

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pics!!! I Was Thinking This Stuff Is Juju.what Is This Thing!!!! Photos Here!!! by Nobody: 2:26pm On Mar 15, 2015
Editor1:

Y did u stole? Habaaa!
U must not tell everybody u dropped out of skul

Mr Editor, No mind me, The Gods must b crayzness grin ,Sorry I meant Crazy...
I knw 1f0ol will Quote me. . . grin
Re: Pics!!! I Was Thinking This Stuff Is Juju.what Is This Thing!!!! Photos Here!!! by Nobody: 2:46pm On Mar 15, 2015
They look like seeds of some tree.

They also look edible. Open one up,
Re: Pics!!! I Was Thinking This Stuff Is Juju.what Is This Thing!!!! Photos Here!!! by ITbomb(m): 3:11pm On Mar 15, 2015
All these children sef.
That thing is boiled in water, open, pound and use to prepare some food that you eat.
Re: Pics!!! I Was Thinking This Stuff Is Juju.what Is This Thing!!!! Photos Here!!! by dajoaneke(m): 3:21pm On Mar 15, 2015
Asking what this is makes me feel old. If you dont know what it is then ignore it & stick to indomie & eggroll. Mtchwww!

1 Like

Re: Pics!!! I Was Thinking This Stuff Is Juju.what Is This Thing!!!! Photos Here!!! by Nobody: 3:35pm On Mar 15, 2015
My grandma cooked with that.
Orumba/Aguata local govt people of Anambra state call it ibaa. It's similar to ogbono seeds, open the hard,woody exocarp and the edible dicotyledous endocarp will be revealed.

Like ogbono, crush or blend into fine powder.

I think it's also called mkpuru achi.
Re: Pics!!! I Was Thinking This Stuff Is Juju.what Is This Thing!!!! Photos Here!!! by Gboliwe: 6:31pm On Mar 15, 2015
In my dialect, its called ORURU.

Its very hard and takes time to cook. Its used as a soup thickener. Like achi or egusi but its a whole soup of its own.
I don't like the soup because even though it tastes sweeter the next day and can rarely get spoilt, it gets dark. So, two days after making the soup even if you put it in the fridge, its as black as sheet and not good to the eyes.

Cc Odumchi, what is this called in your dialect?

1 Like

Re: Pics!!! I Was Thinking This Stuff Is Juju.what Is This Thing!!!! Photos Here!!! by vickylala239: 9:34pm On Mar 15, 2015
So Wats d English na
Re: Pics!!! I Was Thinking This Stuff Is Juju.what Is This Thing!!!! Photos Here!!! by Menace2Society(m): 11:06pm On Mar 15, 2015
vickylala239:
What exactly is this thing?

name and what it is used for!!

Or it it juju!! Cuz I was thinking this stuff is juju,Cuz of Whr I saw it and person to whom it belong!!!

So guys what is actually this thing?
Na Juju o o ye your own don red
Re: Pics!!! I Was Thinking This Stuff Is Juju.what Is This Thing!!!! Photos Here!!! by oluwadamilolah(f): 12:06am On Mar 16, 2015
Jalubarika:
I don't know its English name sha. If you rub it to the wall. It's gonna be so hot.
In those days of pry sch. We used to call it Joké-joké. We dey use am pursue each other after rubbing it to the wall cheesy[color=#990000][/color]
you are on point
Re: Pics!!! I Was Thinking This Stuff Is Juju.what Is This Thing!!!! Photos Here!!! by kristen12(f): 6:25pm On Mar 16, 2015
It is called Ibaba in my dialect. You boil it, break it, open it and pound it. Ɣ☺ΰ can use it to make soup or thicken soup

1 Like

Re: Pics!!! I Was Thinking This Stuff Is Juju.what Is This Thing!!!! Photos Here!!! by odumchi: 4:01am On Mar 20, 2015
Gboliwe:

Its very hard and takes time to cook. Its used as a soup thickener. Like achi or egusi but its a whole soup of its own.
I don't like the soup because even though it tastes sweeter the next day and can rarely get spoilt, it gets dark. So, two days after making the soup even if you put it in the fridge, its as black as sheet and not good to the eyes.

Aro Okigbo na-ekuje e 'mkpuru achi'.
Re: Pics!!! I Was Thinking This Stuff Is Juju.what Is This Thing!!!! Photos Here!!! by Gboliwe: 5:17am On Mar 20, 2015
odumchi:

Aro Okigbo na-ekuje e 'mkpuru achi'.

Mkpuru achi? That's strange considering there's another one that's really achi. What then is achi called?
Re: Pics!!! I Was Thinking This Stuff Is Juju.what Is This Thing!!!! Photos Here!!! by Nobody: 9:36pm On Mar 20, 2015
Jalubarika:
Oh! I really chased my brother a lot with that stuff then
Re: Pics!!! I Was Thinking This Stuff Is Juju.what Is This Thing!!!! Photos Here!!! by odumchi: 11:34am On Mar 21, 2015
Gboliwe:

Mkpuru achi? That's strange considering there's another one that's really achi. What then is achi called?

I actually didn't recognize it when I first saw it. The closest thing I know to it in both resemblance and use is achi.
Re: Pics!!! I Was Thinking This Stuff Is Juju.what Is This Thing!!!! Photos Here!!! by corisande: 3:49pm On Mar 21, 2015
Called "ukpo" in my native igbo language.
Used to thicken soup and very delicious if used in preparing egusi and ukazi soup. chai! *licks lips*

But its broken into pieces and cooked for a long time because its very hard before pounding and using.

2 Likes

Re: Pics!!! I Was Thinking This Stuff Is Juju.what Is This Thing!!!! Photos Here!!! by Nobody: 6:11pm On Mar 21, 2015
@op please open it up.

and is it a tree seed?
Re: Pics!!! I Was Thinking This Stuff Is Juju.what Is This Thing!!!! Photos Here!!! by asadike(f): 11:30pm On Mar 21, 2015
That's ukpo. We igbos use it as soup thickner but I prefer cocoyam

1 Like

Re: Pics!!! I Was Thinking This Stuff Is Juju.what Is This Thing!!!! Photos Here!!! by Jalubarika(m): 9:45am On Mar 22, 2015
shocked grin
Re: Pics!!! I Was Thinking This Stuff Is Juju.what Is This Thing!!!! Photos Here!!! by iheoms: 8:41pm On Mar 23, 2015
It is called UKPO. Use for cooking native soup

1 Like

Re: Pics!!! I Was Thinking This Stuff Is Juju.what Is This Thing!!!! Photos Here!!! by flosk: 11:05pm On Mar 27, 2015
In Ekiti, it is called ipe. In my childhood days in my house, we play with it by aranging it in different patterns and your opponent tries to target any one of it just like in bowling game. Mehn,it was very interesting as onlookers who are also members of the family cheer their favourite player.we used to play the game in the sitting room which has tiles on the floor. The seed rolls better on tlles.
Re: Pics!!! I Was Thinking This Stuff Is Juju.what Is This Thing!!!! Photos Here!!! by icebebe(f): 8:02pm On Mar 29, 2015
In akwaibom its called ibaba,donno d english name,I remember wen I was little, ma mum use to cook it fr us,she's boil n remove d nut frm d shell,pound n use it to cook oha soup,its jus like d popular Achi we are use to.
Re: Pics!!! I Was Thinking This Stuff Is Juju.what Is This Thing!!!! Photos Here!!! by obyrich(m): 8:35pm On Mar 29, 2015
Ukpo toro!
Re: Pics!!! I Was Thinking This Stuff Is Juju.what Is This Thing!!!! Photos Here!!! by udysweet(f): 6:44pm On May 27, 2015
God bless u,u hit d nail on d head! In my side it called ibaba(ibibio lang) my mum had it on her farm. Wat u do it crack it open then boil d whitish stuf insid wch is then pounded to thicken d soup. But try as much as u can,soup turns black d next day,lol!
Gboliwe:

Re: Pics!!! I Was Thinking This Stuff Is Juju.what Is This Thing!!!! Photos Here!!! by Enoquin(f): 2:56pm On May 28, 2015
That's ibaba (Akwa ibom), nowadays easy achi has replaced the good old ibaba. You had to break the pod open, boil the flesh inside, pound adding a little oil before using it for mkpafere.

(1) (Reply)

How People Eat Chicken! / Buyers And Marketers Of Vitamin A Cassava( GARRI) Wanted / How To Cook Chicken Stew

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.