Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,033 members, 7,818,047 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

What Is The English Name Of This Thing? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Is The English Name Of This Thing? (13665 Views)

What Is The English Name For "Kpomor"? / 4 Fruits Nigerians Don't Know The English Name / Top 4 Popular Nigerian Fruits You Don’t Know The English Name For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The English Name Of This Thing? by Flyemmyrate(m): 11:12am On Feb 16, 2016
Today in my area a woman was selling thing that looks like Yam so we asked her the English Name of it she said she doesn't know it. Now, does anybody in this great forum know the English name?

Re: What Is The English Name Of This Thing? by Nobody: 11:18am On Feb 16, 2016
Sweet potato....called odunkun in yoruba language.
Re: What Is The English Name Of This Thing? by sallyopy(f): 11:32am On Feb 16, 2016
Flyemmyrate:
Today in my area a woman was selling thing that looks like Yam so we asked her the English Name of it she said she doesn't know it. Now, does anybody in this great forum know the English name?
Yoruba call it Esuru, English name cluster or bitter yam.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The English Name Of This Thing? by Obinovictor(m): 11:55am On Feb 16, 2016
It's a kind of potato or bitter yam.
Re: What Is The English Name Of This Thing? by chocoyetey: 12:01pm On Feb 16, 2016
bitter yam
Re: What Is The English Name Of This Thing? by Boybrano(m): 1:41pm On Feb 16, 2016
It's called three leaf yam AKA una or ona in igbo language. Can I get a round of applause pls. Pls send me recharge card abeg 09033401119?? Tnx in advance
Re: What Is The English Name Of This Thing? by Flexherbal(m): 12:43pm On Feb 17, 2016
I am here to learn.
Re: What Is The English Name Of This Thing? by Jibbie28(f): 1:26pm On Feb 17, 2016
It is called bitter yam.... yoruba people call it Esuru and it goes well with palm oil
Re: What Is The English Name Of This Thing? by seunny4lif(m): 3:19pm On Feb 17, 2016
shocked
Bros you miss road ooooh
Dis one no be sweet potato
Dis is bitter Yam grin
shoyemiayodeji:
Re: What Is The English Name Of This Thing? by adisarasaq(m): 6:14pm On Feb 17, 2016
shoyemiayodeji:

Maybe bitter potatoes
Re: What Is The English Name Of This Thing? by tiwo31: 1:51pm On Apr 03, 2018
Why the hell should this have an English name? Na be English food? Learn to identify the food by its native name.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The English Name Of This Thing? by bimbulah: 8:24pm On Apr 04, 2018
Pls what is Yoruba name for burro banana? Is it d one we called ogede panbo
Re: What Is The English Name Of This Thing? by blessedchick(f): 10:50am On Apr 07, 2018
It is called three leaf yam.in my dialect we call it (ledem).it is very delicous.in my place we eat it with palm oil pepper sauce.
Re: What Is The English Name Of This Thing? by dukekingsley(m): 12:56pm On Jan 24, 2019
Thanks to you all, i gain something great today, don't know the english name before

(1) (Reply)

Ojojo Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Ojojo (water Yam Fritters) / Scarcity Of Tomatoes , Other Commodities Hit Lagos Markets / How Do I Prepare White Soup (Nsala)?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.