Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,745 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

Undergraduates Arrested For Indecent Dressing: Wtf? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Undergraduates Arrested For Indecent Dressing: Wtf? (2142 Views)

She Was Harrased For Indecent Dressing / Stop The Indecent Dressing And Live Right / Police Arrest For 'indecent' Dressing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Undergraduates Arrested For Indecent Dressing: Wtf? by earTHMama: 3:41am On Jan 16, 2009
6 female undergraduates in trouble over prostitution, indecent dressing
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Six female undergraduates have been arrested by the Osun State Police Command over indecent dressing and prostitution.

They were nabbed in the popular Turaya Hotel along Ode Olowo, Osogbo.

•The suspects

Also arrested was the manager of the Hotel.

The Acting Police Commissioner, Mr. Usman Longlong, who paraded the suspects at the State Command Headquarters, said they were arrested for prostitution and for constituting themselves to public nuisance. The suspects were identified as, Princess Osas, Ebonny Osaka, Juliet Eegata, Ayo Samuel and Mary Samson.

Osaka told Daily Sun that she was forced into the ignoble trade after the death of her parents.

She explained that she is a graduate of Ado Ekiti Polytechnic. She said: “I am an HND holder. I studied Business Administration; I was forced into prostitution when I lost my parents, when I could not afford to feed myself. The government should be blamed for our predicament. Many students in the country are going through hardship, so, you don’t need to blame me.”

Longlong said the suspected prostitutes would be charge to court for prostitution and constituting themselves to nuisance to the society while the manager of the hotel would be charged for aiding and abeting

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/jan/15/506.html
Re: Undergraduates Arrested For Indecent Dressing: Wtf? by Treetop20(m): 3:42am On Jan 16, 2009
tying wrapper is now indecent dressing? shocked cheesy
Re: Undergraduates Arrested For Indecent Dressing: Wtf? by SHENANIGAN(m): 3:46am On Jan 16, 2009
I think I recognize one of those girls shocked shocked shocked
Re: Undergraduates Arrested For Indecent Dressing: Wtf? by rubi(f): 3:50am On Jan 16, 2009
earTHMama:

6 female undergraduates in trouble over prostitution, indecent dressing
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Six female undergraduates have been arrested by the Osun State Police Command over indecent dressing and prostitution.

They were nabbed in the popular Turaya Hotel along Ode Olowo, Osogbo.

•The suspects

Also arrested was the manager of the Hotel.

The Acting Police Commissioner, Mr. Usman Longlong, who paraded the suspects at the State Command Headquarters, said they were arrested for prostitution and for constituting themselves to public nuisance. The suspects were identified as, Princess Osas, Ebonny Osaka, Juliet Eegata, Ayo Samuel and Mary Samson.

Osaka told Daily Sun that she was forced into the ignoble trade after the death of her parents.

She explained that she is a graduate of Ado Ekiti Polytechnic. She said: “I am an HND holder. I studied Business Administration; I was forced into prostitution when I lost my parents, when I could not afford to feed myself. The government should be blamed for our predicament. Many students in the country are going through hardship, so, you don’t need to blame me.”

Longlong said the suspected prostitutes would be charge to court for prostitution and constituting themselves to nuisance to the society while the manager of the hotel would be charged for aiding and abeting

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/jan/15/506.html

There is no excuse to commit prostitution na only them hunger de catch fo naija or is are the only that lost thier parents
Re: Undergraduates Arrested For Indecent Dressing: Wtf? by earTHMama: 3:57am On Jan 16, 2009
I think I recognize one of those girls

Yes because they were not naked enough for the policemen to feed their eyes. Wrapper can hide things na. No be naija police?
Re: Undergraduates Arrested For Indecent Dressing: Wtf? by SeanT21(f): 4:10am On Jan 16, 2009
They should be arrested for not knowing how to dress.

WTF are they wearing?
Re: Undergraduates Arrested For Indecent Dressing: Wtf? by MP007(m): 4:53am On Jan 16, 2009
they dress like sh&t, brainless society
Re: Undergraduates Arrested For Indecent Dressing: Wtf? by bawomolo(m): 6:22am On Jan 16, 2009
SeanT21:

They should be arrested for not knowing how to dress.

WTF are they wearing?

what happened to individualism and freedom of expression. mind your business jare. the same popo's would be no where to be found when someone is robbed or being killed.
Re: Undergraduates Arrested For Indecent Dressing: Wtf? by JustGood(m): 11:17am On Jan 16, 2009
Lets not get carried away by the wrong header here. The story there is that they were arrested for prostitution, not indecent dressing. Why do some people like to get up to mischief by falsifying news?

If prostitution is illegal and you are caught in it, you cant really complain. One of the girls even tried to blame the government for her foray into prostitution!
Re: Undergraduates Arrested For Indecent Dressing: Wtf? by JJYOU: 11:29am On Jan 16, 2009
about time too. some naija higher institutions are mostly brothels and nothing more

Re: Undergraduates Arrested For Indecent Dressing: Wtf? by cibilola(f): 2:29pm On Jan 16, 2009
prostitution, i saw a big NO to that!!! angry angry

but those girls aint indecently dressed . If anything, the fashion police need to attend to the girls!
the clothes are horrible and a complete eyesore, sad

what sort of men patronise poorly dressed prostitutes anyway? hmmm, lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Undergraduates Arrested For Indecent Dressing: Wtf? by Mustay(m): 10:08pm On Jan 16, 2009
You surely do not expect the paper to show us the clothes they were "caught in".

It's like telling them to show us a man caught with human private parts.
Re: Undergraduates Arrested For Indecent Dressing: Wtf? by otikpoko(m): 7:01am On Jan 28, 2009

(1) (Reply)

Gmat Training In Port Harcourt? / Pls How Can I Retrive My Username And Pasword On Nairaland / Boy Who Turned 12 At 12:12pm On 12/12/12 Labelled The Antichrist (PICTURED)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.