Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,859 members, 7,821,002 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

Police Arrest For 'indecent' Dressing - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Police Arrest For 'indecent' Dressing (1095 Views)

Driver Jumps Off Bridge To Escape Arrest / Stop The Indecent Dressing And Live Right / Undergraduates Arrested For Indecent Dressing: Wtf? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Arrest For 'indecent' Dressing by naijaguru(m): 9:19pm On Aug 01, 2007
Hey Peeps,

I can't believe it, though I have not witnessed one, I heard, or there is this rumour spreading about Police arresting ladies for 'indecent' dressing.

What's their yardstick for indecency? Is enforcing moral actions the job of the Police? What's going to happen to ourĀ  Fundamental Human Right?

This are questions I put to you. Please help me,
Re: Police Arrest For 'indecent' Dressing by Raymond88(m): 11:11pm On Aug 01, 2007
I hope this is all just rumors.
Re: Police Arrest For 'indecent' Dressing by olanajim(m): 5:50am On Aug 03, 2007
It is not rumour. I think they are only going after the extreme cases of indecency. I don't know their yardstick because they have only arrested a handful. The new commissioner of police had however reiterate his determination to check crime arising from prostitution. If you are not a pro and are not exposing your precious commodity, you are free.

Talking about police duty. The truth is that, they have power to arrest if your action is against public interest. Our freedom is still intact so long you don't walk naked on lagos streets.
Re: Police Arrest For 'indecent' Dressing by xele: 4:17pm On Aug 06, 2007
@olanajim
pls say smthng dat is void of bias.
Re: Police Arrest For 'indecent' Dressing by chrisoml(m): 8:44pm On Aug 15, 2007
wo wo when i first heard about this i thought it was just a joke. please I want a real proof of this story. Am yet to believe it.

can someone please explain this to me better
Re: Police Arrest For 'indecent' Dressing by deb(m): 12:56pm On Aug 16, 2007
Its not a rumour it is true.

However, the Lagos state government had stepped in to control the situation.
Trust Nigerian Police they will go any length to rip the public off "egunje" money.

One other observation is that the new commissioner of police is from the north, I guess he
just brought his sharia mentality to Lagos. It won't work in Lagos because people
are civilized here.

Let Policed go after armed robbers and leave the issues of decency to Parents and guidance.
Re: Police Arrest For 'indecent' Dressing by Coolturbo(m): 1:08pm On Aug 29, 2007
i think the police are going to far.

(1) (Reply)

The Massacre / Man Buys Coffin, Jumps In, Shoots Self / Come And Play Golf With Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.