Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,469 members, 7,812,438 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:21 PM

Is Anything More Truer Than This? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Anything More Truer Than This? (2381 Views)

Truer Words (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Anything More Truer Than This? by nobilis: 8:36pm On Mar 16, 2015
essielove:

oga teacher, teach me o. if it is truer CNT u just correct it n stop saying bla bla bla

Thanks for accepting the correction, essie dear.
So the "bla bla bla" I said was advising him to focus on making his grammatical constructions better instead of focusing his energies on attacking a presidential candidate?
So that, in your consciousness, translates to "bla bla bla"?
Re: Is Anything More Truer Than This? by nobilis: 8:46pm On Mar 16, 2015
DaJulee:

Are u still bothered about that illiterate guy?

Why is there no statement as MORE TRUER?

It means there is no statement as more Shorter, or more greater etc.

What did the amateur Buhari supporter know? He must be ashamed now...

Hmmm.
This is really serious.
Someone is wrong and cannot even calm down to accept simple correction.
O dikwa egwu oo.

Which kind of expression is "more truer", "more shorter", "more greater"
Was that what your English teacher taught you?
That you can use two comparative adjectives side by side
Someone revelling and rejoicing in error.

Hmmm.
I'm so sorry for trying to correct you.
Go ahead with your more truer[sic] notions.
Have a wonderful evening.
Re: Is Anything More Truer Than This? by DaJulee(f): 10:11pm On Mar 16, 2015
nobilis:

Hmmm.
This is really serious.
Someone is wrong and cannot even calm down to accept simple correction.
O dikwa egwu oo.

Which kind of expression is "more truer", "more shorter", "more greater"
Was that what your English teacher taught you?
That you can use two comparative adjectives side by side
Someone revelling and rejoicing in error.

Hmmm.
I'm so sorry for trying to correct you.
Go ahead with your more truer[sic] notions.
Have a wonderful evening.

Guy, u can't win this ur struggle. Just accept the realities.

In as much as u are trying to prove a thing, it is wrong for u to have tried to correct this topic with false info. The word MORE is not a comparative adjective. It is an adverb use at times as a comparative to an adjective, and the word TRUER is an adjective.

While it is wrong to say "He is the most handsomer of all: It is not wrong to say" He is the most youngest of all. The word "Handsome" does not have an adjective as handsomer. But the word "Young" has an adjective Younger and an adjective en-supperlative Youngest as truest.

Just accept the fact that u are not correcting anything, rather u wanted to use the medium to discredit the message the writer has intended o send.... But u were not calculative enough...
Re: Is Anything More Truer Than This? by nobilis: 1:17pm On Mar 17, 2015
DaJulee:

Guy, u can't win this ur struggle. Just accept the realities.

In as much as u are trying to prove a thing, it is wrong for u to have tried to correct this topic with false info. The word MORE is not a comparative adjective. It is an adverb use at times as a comparative to an adjective, and the word TRUER is an adjective.

While it is wrong to say "He is the most handsomer of all: It is not wrong to say" He is the most youngest of all. The word "Handsome" does not have an adjective as handsomer. But the word "Young" has an adjective Younger and an adjective en-supperlative Youngest as truest.

Just accept the fact that u are not correcting anything, rather u wanted to use the medium to discredit the message the writer has intended o send.... But u were not calculative enough...

Ok. I accept defeat.
But before I let you be with your ignorance, I have something for you:

Be careful, also, not to use more along with a comparative adjective formed with -er nor to use most along with a superlative adjective formed with -est (e.g., do not write that something is more heavier or most heaviest).

The above passage is from the website below. You can visit the website and satisfy yourself.

http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/adjectives.htm

Have a wonderful day, Writer and Activist of Ignorance.
Re: Is Anything More Truer Than This? by focus7: 1:24pm On Mar 17, 2015
I was reading my bible this morning in Gen.14, where Abraham at an age above 80yrs led an army of 318 people to conquered armies from four nations led by four young vibrant kings, then my heart went to Nigeria that Nigeria has a destiny to fulfil with Buhari becoming our president from may 28.
Re: Is Anything More Truer Than This? by DaJulee(f): 6:05pm On Mar 17, 2015
nobilis:

Ok. I accept defeat.
But before I let you be with your ignorance, I have something for you:

Be careful, also, not to use more along with a comparative adjective formed with -er nor to use most along with a superlative adjective formed with -est (e.g., do not write that something is more heavier or most heaviest).

The above passage is from the website below. You can visit the website and satisfy yourself.

http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/adjectives.htm

Have a wonderful day, Writer and Activist of Ignorance.

Is this what u went to find to satisfy ur lack of constructive criticizm?

Anyway, I should also let u know that wat u wrote above is just an individual opinion or perspective. U can see from the beginning of that statement: "Be careful also", which means it was a thought from a human like me.

I HAVE USED THE WORDS I WISH TO USE, AND I HAVE REACHED TO THOSE WHOM I WANTED TO REACH. SO? GO TO ENGLAND AND SPEAK UR INFOUNDED ENGLISH.....

BYE, IGNORAMUS CRITICS.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Official Breakdown Of Votes In Each States- INEC (UPDATING!) / Saraki appoints PDP Member (Senator Isa Galadu) As His Chief Of Staff. / Buhari Dead Serious About Corruption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.