Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,786 members, 7,817,261 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

Marvel Cinematic Universe - TV/Movies (199) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Marvel Cinematic Universe (665787 Views)

Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / DC Universe Vs Marvel : Superman Vs Vision (who Will Win) / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (539) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nobody: 6:20pm On Mar 17, 2019
CosmicPhoenix:
Captain Marvel tops $760m worldwide

cc iuwe
Why are you laughing? Didn't I say the movie would reach a billion?
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MobileGees: 6:20pm On Mar 17, 2019
for doubting thomas another shii has surfaced proving Marvel bought the empty seats to cover up

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MobileGees: 6:23pm On Mar 17, 2019
But let's leave that aside

How do you guys become DC/Marvel fan, I mean i don't understand the logic behind it

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by CosmicPhoenix: 6:24pm On Mar 17, 2019
someone cannot play with you again
iuwe:
Why are you laughing? Didn't I say the movie would reach a billion?
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by CosmicPhoenix: 6:27pm On Mar 17, 2019
oga upload tangible proof/link showing Marvel bought empty seats and quit this foolish act

MobileGees:
for doubting thomas another shii has surfaced proving Marvel bought the empty seats to cover up
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nobody: 6:29pm On Mar 17, 2019
MobileGees:

Not a DC or marvel fan but one thing is very certain the box office figure is obviously manipulated and I can bet my balls that this movie hasn't made up to 500 million yet

why do I say that?

*Rotten tomatoes manipulate their ratings just to favour this movie

*YouTube also manipulated their algorithms for this

If all this could be manipulated just to make this "looks" good then what more of an ordinary box office, the truth is Disney would do anything to protect this movie and make it look good

You still doubting then check out these Twitter users complaining of empty seats
Just a few screenshot I could lay my hands on
Ugh

Everyone knows "Disney bought all the tickets" like everyone knows "the earth is a triangle"

Think about it. Disney owes money to their shareholders, that's their duty. If you owe a bank money for a loan, it doesn't make sense to "pay yourself" your own money and then pay the loan. You need money from external sources.

Why would they use their OWN money to buy their OWN tickets? Enough to make it the 6th largest B.O. opening weekend of all time mind you. It would be incredibly stupid to jump through all those hoops for good publicity.

If you want to look into them maybe giving incentives to reviewers, that's a whole other topic. But you wouldn't buy your own product.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MobileGees: 6:33pm On Mar 17, 2019
CosmicPhoenix:
oga upload tangible proof/link showing Marvel bought empty seats and quit this foolish act

Here it is bro angry

Even Marvel admit they manipulated the movie in some way

But I think they actually manipulated it in every way

Make sure you check the comments section also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BF6BqzHqt8
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by CosmicPhoenix: 6:41pm On Mar 17, 2019
so this is the proof abi undecided and i thought Nigerian Govt were clueless.

Forbes projected this movie to do well,the advanced tickets sales were higher than that of any DCEU film,it had a projected opening weekend of $160m and opened with $153m.abeg shift

MobileGees:

Here it bro angry

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nobody: 6:47pm On Mar 17, 2019
CosmicPhoenix:

Captain Marvel tops $760m worldwide

cc iuwe
some DC fans are coming with some fake news
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by CosmicPhoenix: 6:51pm On Mar 17, 2019
Disney can buy empty seats for Captain Marvel but failed to do the same for Solo and A Wrinkle In Time.

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nobody: 6:52pm On Mar 17, 2019
MobileGees:

Here it is bro angry

grin grin grin
Lot of DC cry babies coming with useless links and fake news
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by philfearon(m): 6:54pm On Mar 17, 2019
It's obvious Marvel fans are Marvetits, totally clueless and oblivious of even simple everyday things.

The simple fact that Endgame 2nd Trailer was released just because of Cappn Marble should be enough. It's obvious Marvel backed themselves into a corner with Cappn Marble and has done everything, including breaking rules and setting new policies, altering and falsifying data just to make sure Cappn Marble is seen in the positive. But it's all a fluke, and no-one cares.

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nobody: 6:54pm On Mar 17, 2019
MobileGees:
But let's leave that aside

How do you guys become DC/Marvel fan, I mean i don't understand the logic behind it
how do you become a fan of a football club, or part of a relationship, or a religion
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nobody: 6:58pm On Mar 17, 2019
philfearon:
It's obvious Marvel fans are Marvetits, totally clueless and oblivious of even simple everyday things.

The simple fact that Endgame 2nd Trailer was released just because of Cappn Marble should be enough. It's obvious Marvel backed themselves into a corner with Cappn Marble and has done everything, including breaking rules and setting new policies, altering and falsifying data just to make sure Cappn Marble is seen in the positive. But it's all a fluke, and no-one cares.
how does this comment relate to the subject matter who is cappn marble. grin grin grin

Bad year for DC fans
First was black panther 3 Oscars
And Spider-Man one Oscar
And now captain marvel having better opening weekend than all DC movies, out grossing JL grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by CosmicPhoenix: 7:06pm On Mar 17, 2019
the guy only asked that question so people can miss his fake stories.

hulk616:
how do you become a fan of a football club, or part of a relationship, or a religion
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by philfearon(m): 7:10pm On Mar 17, 2019
IAmSabrina:

Ugh

Everyone knows "Disney bought all the tickets" like everyone knows "the earth is a triangle"

Think about it. Disney owes money to their shareholders, that's their duty. If you owe a bank money for a loan, it doesn't make sense to "pay yourself" your own money and then pay the loan. You need money from external sources.

Why would they use their OWN money to buy their OWN tickets? Enough to make it the 6th largest B.O. opening weekend of all time mind you. It would be incredibly stupid to jump through all those hoops for good publicity.

If you want to look into them maybe giving incentives to reviewers, that's a whole other topic. But you wouldn't buy your own product.
No one makes it in business by being 100% honest.
Do you know how much Disney loses in HULU, the streaming service? Yet they keep pumping money into it because they want to keep Big Competitions like Netflix and Amazon at bay.
Why do you think they are starting the Disney+ Streaming services? It is estimated they will not make profit from the service even in the next 5yrs after it starts. But Disney will be spending between $200m $1B to keep it running. Do you also know why? To keep their content out from Competitors hands.
Do you see where I'm going?
So you shouldn't be saying things you have no absolute proof of certainty as if it's the truth.
The total Production Cost and Marketing alone of Cappn Marble is more than $300m, but Disney will not tell you that.
If Disney knows that boosting Cappn Marble with at least $200m - $300m will help make the movie look good because they know they will make it up in Endgame, then they will do it.
You should know this by now.

By the way, i thought you said you are not a Marvel fan?

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nobody: 7:10pm On Mar 17, 2019
CosmicPhoenix:
so this is the proof abi undecided and i thought Nigerian Govt were clueless.

Forbes projected this movie to do well,the advanced tickets sales were higher than that of any DCEU film,it had a projected opening weekend of $160m and opened with $153m.abeg shift

Lol. Its equally amusing and annoying how people eat up this garbage.

MobileGees:

Here it is bro angry

Do you even know what you guys are saying? Not only will it be illegal for Disney to do this thing you are accusing them of, but its actually not practicable

Imagine that would wanted to bump up the audience figures by buying a million tickets. Ok, fine. Let's consider some things.
a) How do you actually buy them? Do you just get a huge cluster online, or what?
b) Once you've got them, how do you prevent these purchases from being traced to Disney?
c) Assume you've done that, and now have a million tickets. If they cost $9 each on average, congratulations! You've increased the box office take by $9 million.

Now that sounds like a lot, and in raw numbers, it is. But as of when the film took in roughly $566 million, consult a mathematician, and they will assure you that this is less than 2% of the total.

So basically in order to increase the box office take by less than 2%, Disney would've had to engage in massive, criminal levels of fraud in a very risky way, and spent $9 million, minimum (don't forget the ticket fees o!), to do so.

Knowing all that, please tell me what's more likely: Disney committing the massive crimes, or a lot of people being willing to spend money to see the next Marvel movie, especially as it leads into the next Avengers film?

Please investigate this things properly. Don't just cry foul when you have literally no idea what's going on.

Don't be shady

philfearon:

I'm a Marvel AND Dc fan

philfearon:

Do you know how much Disney loses in HULU, the streaming service? Yet they keep pumping money into it because they want to keep Big Competitions like Netflix and Amazon at bay.
Why do you think they are starting the Disney+ Streaming services? It is estimated they will not make profit from the service even in the next 5yrs after it starts. But Disney will be spending between $200m $1B to keep it running. Do you also know why? To keep their content out from Competitors hands.
So you shouldn't be saying things you have no absolute proof of certainty as if it's the truth.
The total Production Cost and Marketing alone of Cappn Marble is more than $300m, but Disney will not tell you that.
If Disney knows that boosting Cappn Marble with at least $200m - $300m will help make the movie look good because they know they will make it up in Endgame, then they will do it.

It is true that no businesses are 100% honest, but do you know how much of hundreds of millions of dollars Disney will lose buying tickets to their own movie? Not only that but it would constitute easily traceable fraud, which nobody in a decision-making capacity at the company would be stupid enough to do. Investors would riot.

The objective would be to actually make money, which would mean dispassionately letting it tank if it's going to tank, and factoring that into future decisions about what movies to invest in. In other words, similar to what happened with Solo: A Star Wars Story. Massive-scale fraud in order to make Marvel Studios' current course look good - merely one subsidiary out of dozens - would serve them very, very poorly. Especially since it wouldn't look good to anybody whom they are actually accountable to.

The movie's a hit. I would suggest you guys get over it.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by CosmicPhoenix: 7:11pm On Mar 17, 2019
Captain Marvel in 2 weeks has already outgrossed 3 of DCEU movies(Man of Sh*t,Sewer Squad and JokeShit League),by next weekend it should top 2 more

hulk616:
how does this comment relate to the subject matter who is cappn marble. grin grin grin

Bad year for DC fans
First was black panther 3 Oscars
And Spider-Man one Oscar
And now captain marvel having better opening weekend than all DC movies, out grossing JL grin grin grin

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nobody: 7:15pm On Mar 17, 2019
CosmicPhoenix:
Captain Marvel in 2 weeks has already outgrossed 3 of DCEU movies(Man of Sh*t,Sewer Squad and JokeShit League),by next weekend it should top 2 more

70 million more it will pass wonder woman grin grin grin
DC fans will crying for the whole year because endgame is coming, spiderman is coming

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by CosmicPhoenix: 7:15pm On Mar 17, 2019
i love the HYPOCRISY

philfearon:

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nobody: 7:37pm On Mar 17, 2019
CosmicPhoenix:
i love the HYPOCRISY

Lol grin. Didn't even catch that....

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by JJOF(m): 8:58pm On Mar 17, 2019
DC fans be like

4 Likes

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by philfearon(m): 9:12pm On Mar 17, 2019
CosmicPhoenix:
i love the HYPOCRISY

Kwantinu!
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by philfearon(m): 9:19pm On Mar 17, 2019
@IamSabrina, the difference being that unlike Solo:A Star Wars Story, the MCU took 10yrs to culminate into Endgame... Disney won't let anything destroy the finals. It has shown this through RT. It also dropped an emergency Trailer for Endgame just to introduce Cappn Marble the same week...
it's left for you to believe what you want to believe. If we also say the total budget for Cappn Marble is more than $150m, you will also doubt it.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nobody: 9:34pm On Mar 17, 2019
philfearon:
@IamSabrina, the difference being that unlike Solo:A Star Wars Story, the MCU took 10yrs to culminate into Endgame... Disney won't let anything destroy the finals. It has shown this through RT. It also dropped an emergency Trailer for Endgame just to introduce Cappn Marble the same week...
it's left for you to believe what you want to believe. If we also say the total budget for Cappn Marble is more than $150m, you will also doubt it.
You're also free to believe what you want. But personally, these are just conspiracy theories. Disney has nothing to gain by buying tickets to their own product.

First, Disney and Marvel are sitting pretty right now there really isn't any circumstance that would lead them to think that they need to artificially inflate ticket sales. They own the biggest properties in the world and their few failures have more to do with timing and over-rating a property's value than anything else.
Second, it would ultimately be a loss for them to buy tickets to their film. The whole point of making these films is to net a profit and buying tickets would hurt that profit. Also, they'd have to buy a VERY large sum of tickets for it to even theoretically be worth doing, and there's no way to do that without it being noticed.

The only barely plausible reason I can figure Marvel would inflate sales is to help CM's reputation. But ticket sales have nothing to do with convincing people to see a film they aren't interested in. We have film critics for that already.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Kingrapha(m): 10:07pm On Mar 17, 2019
In the midst of all this arguments....

I saw captain marvel this weekend...
Let me be completely honest it was so underwhelming.... Some parts of it we're ok but for the most part it was kinda annoying.... Went with a friend, it was late, she was struggling to stay awake, same person that totally loved Alita.

The movie was Bland, the villain was meh, I've seen better action sequences.. the story was not compelling enough, the cinematography was basic....

It just didn't feel grand or Cinematic... Say what you want about Aquaman but you'll admit it felt and looked Cinematic something worth seeing on the big screen and not on my laptop...Same with Alita it was a Cinematic thrill....

I did like somethings..
- The Score
- Sam Jackson
- Post credit scene
- Brie Larson was not half bad... She actually gave a good performance
- The editing was also great...(people don't talk about this enough, this was my problem with BvS)
- Jude law

Captain Marvel...6/10 I'll see the sequel. But not opening weekend or maybe not at all in cinemas.

I know I said I'll skip this movie, but my friend wanted to go... And now feel robbed...

Please Kevin Fiege, don't let CM lead the MCu going forward if you want a female then Natasha is well able... Personally I'll like Holland or Boseman.. undecided

P.S I don't get why everyone loved the cat

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nobody: 10:10pm On Mar 17, 2019
Kingrapha:
In the midst of all this arguments....

I saw captain marvel this weekend...
Let me be completely honest it was so underwhelming.... Some parts of it we're ok but for the most part it was kinda annoying.... Went with a friend, it was late, she was struggling to stay awake, same person that totally loved Alita.

The movie was Bland, the villain was meh, I've seen better action sequences.. the story was not compelling enough, the cinematography was basic....

It just didn't feel grand or Cinematic... Say what you want about Aquaman but you'll admit it felt and looked Cinematic something worth seeing on the big screen and not on my laptop...Same with Alita it was a Cinematic thrill....

I did like somethings..
- The Score
- Sam Jackson
- Post credit scene
- Brie Larson was not half bad... She actually gave a good performance
- The editing was also great...(people don't talk about this enough, this was my problem with BvS)
- Jude law

Captain Marvel...6/10 I'll see the sequel. But not opening weekend or maybe not at all in cinemas.

I know I said I'll skip this movie, but my friend wanted to go... And now feel robbed...

Please Kevin Fiege, don't let CM lead the MCu going forward if you want a female then Natasha is well able... Personally I'll like Holland or Boseman.. undecided

P.S I don't get why everyone loved the cat
@bolded, i don't get it too. Guess i'll have to see the movie first but i'm already tired of seeing every critic online mentioning the damn cat angry
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Kingrapha(m): 10:40pm On Mar 17, 2019
IAmSabrina:

@bolded, i don't get it too. Guess i'll have to see the movie first but i'm already tired of seeing every critic online mentioning the damn cat angry

This is Completely out of context but...

One of the things I liked about wonder woman is how it treated the feminist narrative...

Dialogues like...

Steve : we need to get this to the man who can.

Diana : I'm the man who can.

Or

Steve : This is no man's land it means no man can cross it, it's not something we can do.

Diana : It's exactly what I'm going to do...

There were more moments like this where the movie establishes equality in a subtle and creative way... Diana never put down Steve, she didn't say no man can cross it , then we're lucky I'm a woman....

Diana and Steve had a balanced relationship with perfect chemistry...

this is where CM failed horribly
It was too confrontational... Too on the nose .... Too cringey.... The feminist narrative will take a lot of people out of the movie... I don't want to sound like a troll but I think the Captain feminist tag is spot on and it hurt the movie as a work of art...
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MobileGees: 11:20pm On Mar 17, 2019
More videos of YouTubers saying the Box office figures was bought

Don't forget to check the comments wink wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQIp73jjKNY
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Breegz14(m): 11:21pm On Mar 17, 2019
I wish we could ban some people from coming to post unbelievable thrash in this thread. You have access to the internet and you still can't verify if the thing you want to post is true or made up. Shame on you
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MobileGees: 11:27pm On Mar 17, 2019
Here is another poll from one of the biggest gaming blogs asking users if they were truly empty seats

They all can't be lying

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/227-movies-at-the-theater/77567328
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nobody: 11:32pm On Mar 17, 2019
Breegz14:
I wish we could ban some people from coming to post unbelievable thrash in this thread. You have access to the internet and you still can't verify if the thing you want to post is true or made up. Shame on you
Ignore them. Most of the people spamming this thread with that fake bs are just trolls. They can't even reason the issue and form an opinion for themselves. They've got their face in these youtubers and/or media journalists' nuts and believe anything they say. Anyone with common sense will know that these rumors are suspect as all hell.

Posting pictures of empty cinemas on opening weekend is an old game trolls love to play. This isn't the first time

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (539) (Reply)

The Vampire Diaries and The Originals Fan Page / Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) / Big Brother Titans (BBTitans) 2023: Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.