Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,275 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

Marvel Cinematic Universe - TV/Movies (257) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Marvel Cinematic Universe (665251 Views)

Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / DC Universe Vs Marvel : Superman Vs Vision (who Will Win) / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) ... (539) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nobody: 4:12pm On Apr 30, 2019
iuwe:

What alternative reality existed because I don't remember seeing one.
ancient one explained it now that removing infinity stones an alternate reality.

the thanos and nebula they killed in endgame were from another reality that why nebula can kill herself and not go out of existence. and captain america going back to return all the stones erases all the alternate realities. and captain america not coming back and living the peggy GOES because peggy in CA.TWS said she got married and had children but never mentioned her hushand name. grin
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nobody: 4:14pm On Apr 30, 2019
hulk616:
1. yes thats the point, if he loses his speed, then that will affect his future self that came from the future where he had superspeed. so that automatically creates another timeline, where barry was never the flash and his mother never died.
Can you please explain this further, dunno if you are supporting my point or refuting it.

hulk616:
but saying the future will change doesnot make sense because if the future changes the purpose and the speed he used will not exist!!!
So long the future is one second from being changed, that purpose and speed still exists.

Like I said before, the attoseconds he saved his mother, he lost his speed because his future had forever been changed and the purpose which he later came to regret. Since he is the one who enacted the change, he would still retain the memories of both timeline (that is why I said Nebula was the only time travel effect done right).

hulk616:
hitler did something that made you go back in time, so by going back in time to prevent that something, that automatically removes the something in the future making your future self to have zero reasons to travel back in the first place
So long the change had not yet happened you would still have a reason to do so. And yes you would retain the memories of both timeline, others wouldn't.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nobody: 4:20pm On Apr 30, 2019
hulk616:
ancient one explained it now that removing infinity stones an alternate reality.

the thanos and nebula they killed in endgame were from another reality that why nebula can kill herself and not go out of existence. and captain america going back to return all the stones erases all the alternate realities. and captain america not coming back and living the peggy GOES because peggy in CA.TWS said she got married and had children but never mentioned her hushand name. grin
I am not sure Nebula killed herself, rather impaled.

And if we are going by your statement that everything were happening in an alternative reality then everything they did is in vain because it is not happening in their reality. I hope you understand.

Thank you again Captain America coming back as an old man in the same timeline he was still young is just lazy writing.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nobody: 4:25pm On Apr 30, 2019
iuwe:

Can you please explain this further, dunno if you are supporting my point or refuting it.
flash going back in time to save his mother, should create a parallel reality or timeline when his mother never died. but the previous timeline hes coming from will still be running. the error is what Geoff Johns and joshua willianson corrected with rebirth and the button

So long the future is one second from being changed, that purpose and speed still exists.
but after the second passes the purpose and speed goes

Like I said before, the attoseconds he saved his mother, he lost his speed because his future had forever been changed and the purpose which he later came to regret. Since he is the one who enacted the change, he would still retain the memories of both timeline (that is why I said Nebula was the only time travel effect done right).
but if the future changes the source of the memory goes out of existence

So long the change had not yet happened you would still have a reason to do so. And yes you would retain the memories of both timeline, others wouldn't.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nobody: 4:32pm On Apr 30, 2019
iuwe:

I am not sure Nebula killed herself, rather impaled.

And if we are going by your statement that everything were happening in an alternative reality then everything they did is in vain because it is not happening in their reality. I hope you understand.

Thank you again Captain America coming back as an old man in the same timeline he was still young is just lazy writing.
1. she killed herself from an alternate reality

2. thats not what i m saying. the MCU since 2008 is the main timeline, they went back in time in the main timeline and picked the infinity stones thereby creating alternate realities. they then used the infintiy stones to undo what thanos (who is dead in main timeline) did. the thanos 2014 and his army came from another timeline to fight the avengers and tony used the infinity stones for the main timeline to wrap out thanos and his army. so nothing is in vain

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nobody: 5:04pm On Apr 30, 2019
hulk616:

flash going back in time to save his mother, should create a parallel reality or timeline when his mother never died. but the previous timeline hes coming from will still be running. the error is what Geoff Johns and joshua willianson corrected with rebirth and the button
See DC had planned it already grin grin

hulk616:
but after the second passes the purpose and speed goes
Which happened because flash was unable to go back in time again.

hulk616:
But if the future changes the source of the memory goes out of existence
No, so long you did it, the reality of both worlds would still be retained eg Nebula

hulk616:
No comment here hulk?
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MrDojo(m): 5:08pm On Apr 30, 2019
hulk616:
@iuwe
in Endgame, it was said that when you travel back in time to undo something you dont change the present or future rather you create an alternate timeline or reality while makes more sense than flashpoint. WHY?
because in flashpoint, flash travel back in time to save his mother, when he saves his mother that automatically cancels the purpose of him travelling back in time in the first place because in the future his mother never dies so there is no reason to travel back in time grin
NEXT

To be honest, time travel in Flashpoint made sense to me.

Although Barry travelled to the past to save his mother, it does not automatically erase his own timeline (because he can still return to that same point in time and stop himself from traveling back to the past).

In Flashpoint, after Barry saves his mom, it created a new reality, but it does not mean the reality his mother died never existed. It's confusing, but interesting.

To me, time travel in the DC comics have greater implications than the MCU. But that of the MCU seems more realistic (I think)
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nobody: 5:09pm On Apr 30, 2019
hulk616:
1. she killed herself from an alternate reality

2. thats not what i m saying. the MCU since 2008 is the main timeline, they went back in time in the main timeline and picked the infinity stones thereby creating alternate realities. they then used the infintiy stones to undo what thanos (who is dead in main timeline) did. the thanos 2014 and his army came from another timeline to fight the avengers and tony used the infinity stones for the main timeline to wrap out thanos and his army. so nothing is in vain
Answer to 1- I would still go with impaled.

Answer to 2- So if iron man wrap out Thanos of 2014, the 2018 should also be out of existence thereby defeating their main purpose in the first place. Thanos of 2018 shouldn't be in existence because his past is already wrapped out of reality. Flawed time travel.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nobody: 5:11pm On Apr 30, 2019
iuwe:

See DC had planned it already grin grin
DC is lucky to have a great and awesome writer like Geoff Johns saving DC since 1800 grin

Which happened because flash was unable to go back in time again.
and when the future changes the flash starts forgetting

No, so long you did it, the reality of both worlds would still be retained eg Nebula
No nebula killed herself from another reality!!

No comment here hulk?
i answered it already
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nobody: 5:14pm On Apr 30, 2019
MrDojo:

To be honest, time travel in Flashpoint made sense to me.

Although Barry travelled to the past to save his mother, it does not automatically erase his own timeline (because he can still return to that same point in time and stop himself from traveling back to the past).

In Flashpoint, after Barry saves his mom, it created a new reality, but it does not mean the reality his mother died never existed. It's confusing, but interesting.

To me, time travel in the DC comics have greater implications than the MCU. But that of the MCU seems more realistic (I think)
thank you MrDojo the one above all grin

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nobody: 5:17pm On Apr 30, 2019
iuwe:

Answer to 2- So if iron man wrap out Thanos of 2014, the 2018 should also be out of existence thereby defeating their main purpose in the first place. Thanos of 2018 shouldn't be in existence because his past is already wrapped out of reality. Flawed time travel.
1. she killed herself fro another reality
2. the 2014 thanos is from another reality !!!!!! the thanos of 2018 was killed in the beginning of the movie in the main timeline. because Professor Hulk said you cant change the future!!
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nobody: 5:18pm On Apr 30, 2019
iuwe:

no. Thanos was already dead. Remember they killed thanos at the beginning of the movie. So thanos was already dead all those while. Even when hulk snapped the gauntlet, thanos was still dead. Now the thanos that fought them was same thanos but from another year. Let say they went back to 2013 guardians of the Galaxy, even before gamora met quil, thanos was already there. And he was looking for the stones. So it was the old thanos that came back to the present future where he was already dead. That why he never knew who scarlet witch was when she talked about killing vision.

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nobody: 5:20pm On Apr 30, 2019
CHESTER48:
no. Thanos was already dead. Remember they killed thanos at the beginning of the movie. So thank was already dead all those while. Even when hulk snapped the gauntlet, thank was still dead. Now thanks that fought them was same thanks but from another year. Let say they went back to 2013 guardians of the Galaxy, even before gamora met quil, thanos was already there. And he was looking for the stones. So it was the old thanos that came back to the present future where he was already dead. That why he never knew who scarlet witch was when she talked about killing vision.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by pu7pl3(m): 7:07pm On Apr 30, 2019
Who do you think is the strongest hero in the MCU (including dead guys) everybody is saying captain marvel...she is impressive but she is definitely not the strongest...
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by hablink: 7:22pm On Apr 30, 2019
pu7pl3:
Who do you think is the strongest hero in the MCU (including dead guys) everybody is saying captain marvel...she is impressive but she is definitely not the strongest...
Initially Thor but End Game made Captain America to be the strongest.
Thor could have used the gauntlet instead of the Hulk but he wasn't in the right frame of mind, Iron man is damn weak for real. He is better off controlling things behind the curtain like he did control his suits in IM3. Capt Marvel is strong but not as good as Capt America. You can be strong (like hulk) but someone better than you (like Thor) would defeat you in any combat.
Thanos is damn strong, only Scarlet witch came close to really making him scream in pain!

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nobody: 7:30pm On Apr 30, 2019
pu7pl3:
Thor
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nobody: 7:32pm On Apr 30, 2019
hablink:

Thor could have used the gauntlet instead of the Hulk but he wasn't in the right frame of mind, Iron man is damn weak for real. He is better off controlling things behind the curtain like he did control his suits in IM3. Capt Marvel is strong but not as good as Capt America. You can be strong (like hulk) but someone better than you (like Thor) would defeat you in any combat.
Thanos is damn strong, only Scarlet witch came close to really making him scream in pain!
how on Earth can captain America be the strongest when there is hulk, scarlet witch, captain marvel, thor undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by hablink: 7:36pm On Apr 30, 2019
hulk616:
how on Earth can captain America be the strongest when there is hulk, scarlet witch, captain marvel, thor undecided undecided
Do you know what consistency means?
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nobody: 7:39pm On Apr 30, 2019
hablink:

Do you know what consistency means?
yes but how can you say Captain America is the strongest strongest avenger.
Thor withstood the blast of star!!!!
Captain Marvel and scarlet witch got their powers from infinity stones.
But captain America?
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by hablink: 7:41pm On Apr 30, 2019
hulk616:
yes but how can you say Captain America is the strongest strongest avenger.
Thor withstood the blast of star!!!!
Captain Marvel and scarlet witch got their powers from infinity stones.
But captain America?
Read my first post again...
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nobody: 7:45pm On Apr 30, 2019
hablink:

undecided undecided
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by hablink: 7:49pm On Apr 30, 2019
hulk616:
undecided undecided
Thank you.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nobody: 7:53pm On Apr 30, 2019
hablink:

Thank you.
you are welcome
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by stapes(m): 7:56pm On Apr 30, 2019
hablink:

I'm pretty sure you based your assertion only on captain America's performance in endgame, which is not correct.remember endgame is caps last outing hence the screen time
to me,it's btw Thor and captain marvel giving their power stats

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by hablink: 8:02pm On Apr 30, 2019
stapes:

I'm pretty sure you based your assertion only on captain America's performance in endgame, which is not correct.remember endgame is caps last outing hence the screen time
You're right my friend.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by pu7pl3(m): 8:40pm On Apr 30, 2019
hablink:

Soo ure basically saying capt. America is the strongest You are allover the place man grin

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by pu7pl3(m): 8:42pm On Apr 30, 2019
hulk616:

Thor

What about dr strange tho? I think its between two of them
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by pu7pl3(m): 8:45pm On Apr 30, 2019
hulk616:
you are welcome

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by pu7pl3(m): 8:52pm On Apr 30, 2019
stapes:

Nice but what about dr strange? I think its between strange and thor with strange just edging it....capt. marvel is behind em
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nobody: 9:30pm On Apr 30, 2019
hulk616:

1. she killed herself fro another reality
Nebula impaled herself, I still stand with that.

hulk616:

2. the 2014 thanos is from another reality !!!!!! the thanos of 2018 was killed in the beginning of the movie in the main timeline. because Professor Hulk said you cant change the future!!
No, the thanos of 2014 and that of 2018 are from the same timeline but different time point because it won't make any sense to kill another Thanos from a reality that is not yours.

The 2014 thanos has not yet done what the 2018 Thanos did but was going to that was why when nebula started having alternative memory he (Thanos) said they were from the future (not alternative reality) trying to undo what the 2018 Thanos did. Infact one of his one liner was "you couldn't live with your own failure and where does that lead you, Back to me". That alone showed it was not an alternative reality but a different time point in the same time continum.

So I ask if the 2014 thanos was snapped out of reality, then the purpose of the avengers going back in time has been defeated. Infinity war wouldn't had happened because Thanos wasn't alive at that time.

Hence, Flashpoint>>>>>>>>>>>>>Endgame time travel.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nobody: 9:39pm On Apr 30, 2019
CHESTER48:
no. Thanos was already dead. Remember they killed thanos at the beginning of the movie. So thanos was already dead all those while. Even when hulk snapped the gauntlet, thanos was still dead. Now the thanos that fought them was same thanos but from another year. Let say they went back to 2013 guardians of the Galaxy, even before gamora met quil, thanos was already there. And he was looking for the stones. So it was the old thanos that came back to the present future where he was already dead. That why he never knew who scarlet witch was when she talked about killing vision.

You are right but still flawed.
Thanos of Endgame(2019) is dead, thanos of infinity war(2018) snapped out half of humanity, thanos of pre GotG(2014) haven't done any of the above. Are they all the same thanos from the same timeline but different time point yes, you were correct on that. But the mistake you made is that if the thanos of 2014 is snapped out of reality, then the Thanos of 2018 and 2019 shouldn't have existed but alas they did which isn't how time travel work. If your past self is killed you are supposed to have no future but that wasn't the case here. Hence Flashpoint is better than Endgame time travel.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Collinz2(m): 11:09pm On Apr 30, 2019
iuwe:
Nebula impaled herself, I still stand with that.

No, the thanos of 2014 and that of 2018 are from the same timeline but different time point because it won't make any sense to kill another Thanos from a reality that is not yours.

The 2014 thanos has not yet done what the 2018 Thanos did but was going to that was why when nebula started having alternative memory he (Thanos) said they were from the future (not alternative reality) trying to undo what the 2018 Thanos did. Infact one of his one liner was "you couldn't live with your own failure and where does that lead you, Back to me". That alone showed it was not an alternative reality but a different time point in the same time continum.

So I ask if the 2014 thanos was snapped out of reality, then the purpose of the avengers going back in time has been defeated. Infinity war wouldn't had happened because Thanos wasn't alive at that time.

Hence, Flashpoint>>>>>>>>>>>>>Endgame time travel.
You are correct, that's how time travel works i don't know what marvel did.

(1) (2) (3) ... (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) ... (539) (Reply)

The Vampire Diaries and The Originals Fan Page / Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) / Big Brother Titans (BBTitans) 2023: Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.