Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,467 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

Marvel Cinematic Universe - TV/Movies (396) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Marvel Cinematic Universe (665865 Views)

Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / DC Universe Vs Marvel : Superman Vs Vision (who Will Win) / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) ... (539) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by dragonking2: 6:06pm On Jan 07, 2020
Blackspider:
Wait bro, tell me you are joking? I thought it was Kathleen Kennedy that's leaving? In as much as I don't like Disney business ways, I do love iger. I hope they don't drop like WB did after Alan horn left.

I forgot to add that Disney has kept this news on the extremely low-key so that MCU fans/SW fans don't panic.

Many don't even know that this is happening
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jan 07, 2020
Blackspider:
Wait bro, tell me you are joking? I thought it was Kathleen Kennedy that's leaving? In as much as I don't like Disney business ways, I do love iger. I hope they "don't drop like WB" did after Alan horn left.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Blackspider: 6:31pm On Jan 07, 2020
dragonking2:

Bob Iger is leaving next year as the CEO of Disney.

That guy single-highhandedly saved Disney from doom.

What's left of the future is unknown, but he did well for disney
He was key to their launch of Disney+ though I don't know how successful that would be
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Blackspider: 6:33pm On Jan 07, 2020
dragonking2:

I forgot to add that Disney has kept this news on the extremely low-key so that MCU fans/SW fans don't panic.

Many don't even know that this is happening
I am sure mcu fans are okay with feige but SW would panic. Did you see the news that the next SW would be set 400 years in the past? Game of thrones style grin
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by dragonflyy(m): 7:44pm On Jan 07, 2020
hulk616:
[s][/s] see painment cheesy grin you are just talking trash about someone you don't know
lmao. I don't need to know you personally to know you're a pathetic loser actually. your pattern of posts reveal everything

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Xavier5(m): 7:59pm On Jan 07, 2020
1000WaysToLive:
Ok. I take back what I said about Sony selling Spider-Man, but outside Spider-Man, Sony really don’t have much going for them.

They’re pretty lacking overall of reliably successful IP.

Men In Black flopped, so did Ghostbusters(it’s a coin toss if the reboot this year will be successful) and they don’t have Bond anymore. Not to mention Charlie’s Angels was a massive failure.

Jumanji is really all that they have outside Spider-Man. Last year was a pretty good year for them since Brightburn and Once Upon In Hollywood, and of course Jumanji performed well, and thanks to Disney/Marvel’s help they managed to get a movie that to the billion dollar finish line with Far From Home but doesn’t escape the fact they don’t have much going for them in terms of major franchises at the moment.

Compare that to Disney which has had an embarrassment of riches when it comes to big IP that consistently delivers even outside the MCU. They have Star Wars & Pixar which you can make dozens of movies out of and literally made them billions of dollars, and even their live-action remakes like Lion King and Aladdin have been incredibly successful and also joined the billion dollar club.

A.) Bro, it's not about grossing billions, it's about making Profit. Grossing billions doesn't mean a movie makes high profit, as a matter of fact a movie that didn't gross billions may be more profitable than a movie that crossed one billions. Take for instance;

* Joker is the most profitable Comic book movie. It made more profit than Endgame that grossed $2.7b despite it grossing $1b.

** WB rarely gets billion dollar grosser movies yet they are among the top 3 largest movie studios in the world, why? because they make profit.

*** Disney had loss this year which they blamed in Dark Phoenix (which is ridiculous) despite all the billion dollar grossing movies they had, why? less profit, why? because billion dollar grossing doesn't necessary mean high profit.

B.) MIB franchise isn't a failure. Because a movie in a franchise didn't gross high doesn't equate to that franchise being a failure, heck Solo: A Star War Story underperformed, did/ does that mean that the star wars franchise is a failure, of course not, so that's the same case with MIB.
Besides MIB 4 isn't a failure, it was profitable, although little turning in $260M against a Break even point of $230M, that's a gross profit of $30M altogether.
The MIB Franchise is still a hit Franchise, all it needs is proper handling from Sony. Tick Tock.

C.) Sony has a lot of Franchise to work on, this include

1.) Sony Marvel Universe, that started off with Venom and continues with Venom 2 and Morbius.
2.) The Spiderman Franchise, this include both live action and animation, remember into the spiderverse 2 is in development.
3.) Valient Cinematic Universe (from Valient Comics) which will be properly lunched if Bloodshot becomes a success. I pray it does because I want the DCEU and MCU to have a competitor. It gonna make the CBM world a competitive one.
4.) Sony Pictures Animations which include Hotel Transylvania, Open Season , Surf's Up, Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs, The Smurfs (via Peyo ), Peter rabbit.
5.) MIB
6.) Jumanji
5.) Other Franchises which includes The Karate Kid, Ghostbusters, Stuart Little , Men in Black,
Underworld , Robert Langdon, Sniper,
Charlie's Angels, Bad boys among others. Some of this franchise may not be hit, that doesn't mean they can't, all they need is proper handling and development.

So Sweetheart, you saying Sony doesn't have Franchises to work with isn't true, not at all.

D.) If you are looking for Disney to buy Spiderman from Sony, then bro, you have to wait till when Nairaland buys Facebook which of course is impossible. Sony can never sell Spiderman not in this age of CBM boom. No reasonable company will do it. Rather they will seek to acquire more which is what they've done with Valiant comics (film rights).

Beside, for Disney to buy Spiderman, they have to buy Sony Pictures which won't be happening if not impossible. Sony is among the Big five movie studios in Hollywood and also among the top 6 largest movie studios in the world. They are no small company. We are talking about Sony Motion pictures, a subsidiary of Sony Entertainment, a subsidiary of Sony Corporation, a Japanese mega conglomerate, that's not Disney's mate. Sony pictures is a big one for Disney. They have the financial strength to stand on their own. It's not all companies Disney can buy and Sony just like WB and Universal is one of them. If Disney could buy Sony they would have done it a long time but they can't, so the highest they could do is going into partnership with them for Spiderman which Sony is still making shakara grin.

E.) I drop my pen at this Juncture.

#Xavier.
#I_Am_A_DCian

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jan 07, 2020
[s]
dragonflyy:

lmao. I don't need to know you personally to know you're a pathetic loser actually. your pattern of posts reveal everything
[/s] a loser like you like see everybody as a loser. But reality is often disappointing. The pattern of your posts reveals a pained and confused man cry
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Xavier5(m): 10:23pm On Jan 07, 2020
Same question on my mind grin cheesy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jan 07, 2020
Avengers Endgame was boring.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by pu7pl3(m): 12:20am On Jan 08, 2020
Did y'all see that video where Feige said that Scarlett witch would now be the most powerful person in the whole MCU?I thought he said captain Marvel before,now looks like he is changing it cos Scarlett witch would be in Doctor strange 2
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by 1000WaysToLive(m): 1:40am On Jan 08, 2020
Talk about bitter grin

Where'd the money go? Everywhere cheesy

The stock price rose 36% the past year. Clear in the open for everyone to see.

Maybe it went to the Mandalorian, which is the biggest show in the world despite Disney + not being a global service yet (and despite the 'death of SW lol)

Also, when you make populast films and have a core history of making animation, why would an oscar be a consideration when those aren't the type of films that usually get noms (aside from the animation catagory)? Instead they settle for being more successful and buying studios whose films are 'worthy' of 7000 voters.

Glad you are all on the side of elitists rather then the people who vote with their wallets. A ridiculous leap on my part (?), just like your 'pride' remark which isn't nearly as important to the fandom as you'd like to project cheesy

The fact is that Sony's studio division has been rumored to be on the block for years now, with even the new CEO questioning if they have the scale to not be gobbled up.

Let's just stick to facts and try not to act childish about posters on a CBM board wanting Spider-Man to return to the biggest ongoing franchise in cinematic history. What else would you expect?

I don't need Spidey to return as an absolute, but I'm more then comfortable either way. I doubt Sony relinquishes said rights as long as the film division is owned by it's HQ in Japan, but giving up the merch revenue definitely killed the significant leverage they had. That was more desperation then being played. Under different leadership that decision may not have been made, which Sony has publicly regretted.

dragonking2:

Let me point out some facts for you;

Sony has the number 1 prize in terms of marvel and that's spiderman.

Sony just made Venom-verse a hit even without spiderman and under heavy negative criticism from mcu critics/stans.

Also, Sony's Spiderman has always made money, irrespective of what the media wants you to believe....Disney tricked them for creative assistance to get merch sales rights, that which they regret now.

Jumaji is highly successful and known as the Star wars killer/crippler....OUATIH is a financial and critical hit.... It also has huge chances at the oscars unlike Disney that has relatively few chances with the exception of the animations.

Apart from remakes, Disney had nothing, that's why they needed to buy the likes of Pixar, Marvel, Fox, Lucas to stay alive. Big fact!!!

Recently, Sony just purchased the rights to some valiant comic characters like Bloodshot etc.

With the right directors/producers and good script, they can also use these newly acquired comic characters and cause some threat to the MCU/DCEU....The Boys series by amazon is a perfect example.

They did brightburn which is a rip-off superman in another level and people loved it. They are making a sequel to this film.

They have a lot of original movies like escape room which people are waiting for a sequel.

Their originality is what makes them to be amongst the fore runners during awards season.

Finally, IMO sony's spiderman is the major reason Marvel has always been on the oscars board. (Forget about the political award given to BP last year)

Sony has always brought pride to marvel and its fans in respects to awards season, something that alludes Disney's marvel...Bitter pill to swallow but true.

cc Pu7pl3

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by 1000WaysToLive(m): 1:51am On Jan 08, 2020
dragonking2:

Disney uses these so-called billions to deceive people.

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by F0REVERB0SS(m): 2:06am On Jan 08, 2020
Getting SM in the MCU for good, would be great IMO, but certainly not necessary. Venom did do quite well. Even though it got panned, I know a lot of people who liked it and got a kick out of it. Will the success continue? Maybe. Jumanji also did quite well. I went and saw it and rather enjoyed it, but I doubt that Disney is overly concerned by it's box office numbers; not when they have a movie that has been #1 at the BO for about 2 1/2 weeks and is quickly closing in on $500M domestically. I'm sure they are wishing all of their movies were so crippled. LOL.

Sony has certainly had its successes and I acknowledge that, but that doesn't mean it will (or won't) continue. We'll all have to sit back and see.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Cottonmouth: 2:18am On Jan 08, 2020
Xavier5:

[s]A.) Bro, it's not about grossing billions, it's about making Profit. Grossing billions doesn't mean a movie makes high profit, as a matter of fact a movie that didn't gross billions may be more profitable than a movie that crossed one billions. Take for instance;

* Joker is the most profitable Comic book movie. It made more profit than Endgame that grossed $2.7b despite it grossing $1b.

** WB rarely gets billion dollar grosser movies yet they are among the top 3 largest movie studios in the world, why? because they make profit.

*** Disney had loss this year which they blamed in Dark Phoenix (which is ridiculous) despite all the billion dollar grossing movies they had, why? less profit, why? because billion dollar grossing doesn't necessary mean high profit.

B.) MIB franchise isn't a failure. Because a movie in a franchise didn't gross high doesn't equate to that franchise being a failure, heck Solo: A Star War Story underperformed, did/ does that mean that the star wars franchise is a failure, of course not, so that's the same case with MIB.
Besides MIB 4 isn't a failure, it was profitable, although little turning in $260M against a Break even point of $230M, that's a gross profit of $30M altogether.
The MIB Franchise is still a hit Franchise, all it needs is proper handling from Sony. Tick Tock.

1.) Sony Marvel Universe, that started off with Venom and continues with Venom 2 and Morbius.
2.) The Spiderman Franchise, this include both live action and animation, remember into the spiderverse 2 is in development.
3.) Valient Cinematic Universe (from Valient Comics) which will be properly lunched if Bloodshot becomes a success. I pray it does because I want the DCEU and MCU to have a competitor. It gonna make the CBM world a competitive one.
4.) Sony Pictures Animations which include Hotel Transylvania, Open Season , Surf's Up, Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs, The Smurfs (via Peyo ), Peter rabbit.
5.) MIB
6.) Jumanji
5.) Other Franchises which includes The Karate Kid, Ghostbusters, Stuart Little , Men in Black,
Charlie's Angels, Bad boys among others. Some of this franchise may not be hit, that doesn't mean they can't, all they need is proper handling and development.

So Sweetheart, you saying Sony doesn't have Franchises to work with isn't true, not at all.

D.) If you are looking for Disney to buy Spiderman from Sony, then bro, you have to wait till when Nairaland buys Facebook which of course is impossible. Sony can never sell Spiderman not in this age of CBM boom. No reasonable company will do it. Rather they will seek to acquire more which is what they've done with Valiant comics (film rights).

Beside, for Disney to buy Spiderman, they have to buy Sony Pictures which won't be happening if not impossible. Sony is among the Big five movie studios in Hollywood and also among the top 6 largest movie studios in the world. They are no small company. We are talking about Sony Motion pictures, a subsidiary of Sony Entertainment, a subsidiary of Sony Corporation, a Japanese mega conglomerate, that's not Disney's mate. Sony pictures is a big one for Disney. They have the financial strength to stand on their own. It's not all companies Disney can buy and Sony just like WB and Universal is one of them. If Disney could buy Sony they would have done it a long time but they can't, so the highest they could do is going into partnership with them for Spiderman which Sony is still making shakara grin.

#Xavier.
#I_Am_A_DCian[/s]
Wow. The trolling is real. Holy shit grin grin.

The day Sony sells Spider-Man will be the day they admit defeat as a studio. Its literally the only IP thats making them money. Jumanji is not a sustainable franchise. And Venom 2 will underperform compared to the 1st one and Morbius is going to straight up flop. Does sony pay you per post? cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by 1000WaysToLive(m): 2:22am On Jan 08, 2020
I just weak for all these people who rail aginst bias with their own undecided

Into the Spider-Verse is arguably my favorite CBM ever, and I'm happy it won the Oscar.

It's not on the level of the MCU though, in terms of impact or fandom.

To make the point that the 'pride' of an Oscar win trumps actual global success among the fandom is a reach too far.

Some may not like to hear that, but the facts of the cold hard numbers is indisputable..

F0REVERB0SS:
Getting SM in the MCU for good, would be great IMO, but certainly not necessary. Venom did do quite well. Even though it got panned, I know a lot of people who liked it and got a kick out of it. Will the success continue? Maybe. Jumanji also did quite well. I went and saw it and rather enjoyed it, but I doubt that Disney is overly concerned by it's box office numbers; not when they have a movie that has been #1 at the BO for about 2 1/2 weeks and is quickly closing in on $500M domestically. I'm sure they are wishing all of their movies were so crippled. LOL.

Sony has certainly had its successes and I acknowledge that, but that doesn't mean it will (or won't) continue. We'll all have to sit back and see.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by 1000WaysToLive(m): 2:53am On Jan 08, 2020
Context please...

They missed estimates on their quarterly earnings and the performance of the Fox slate was one of the legitimate reasons they gave Wall St.

It was context for the business world, not intent to rile up insecure fanboys.

It certainly wasn't the best quarter, but they beat estimates the following one.

As I said in my post to dragonking, stock up 36% on the year and about 60 billion added to their market cap the last 12 months. The other media companies can only dream of that.

As for Sony, nothing against the company personally, I'm just not wrapped up in their slate.

Xavier5:

A.) Bro, it's not about grossing billions, it's about making Profit. Grossing billions doesn't mean a movie makes high profit, as a matter of fact a movie that didn't gross billions may be more profitable than a movie that crossed one billions. Take for instance;

5.) MIB
6.) Jumanji

#Xavier.
#I_Am_A_DCian
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by dragonflyy(m): 3:57am On Jan 08, 2020
Cottonmouth:

The day Sony sells Spider-Man will be the day they admit defeat as a studio. Its literally the only IP thats making them money. Jumanji is not a sustainable franchise. And Venom 2 will underperform compared to the 1st one and Morbius is going to straight up flop. Does sony pay you per post? cheesy
oboy, I thought it was just me. I swear these DC fanatics keep trolling us like they are the only ones who know everything.

again, the marvel and DC threads are fan forums where we give our opinions but when someone posts stuff like it's facts then give you crap about it..........sounds like a troll to me.

3 Likes

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by dragonflyy(m): 4:00am On Jan 08, 2020
[s]
hulk616:
a loser like you like see everybody as a loser. But reality is often disappointing. The pattern of your posts reveals a pained and confused man cry
[/s]
you're not funny yet. the banter has gotten stale. move on with your life

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by nyarlathotep(m): 4:04am On Jan 08, 2020
I don’t know about Sony, but if Universal hasn’t lost those Namor and Hulk rights to Marvel Iike the rumours suggest then I can’t imagine the Mouse will ever get them back. For some strange reason it doesn’t seem like there’s an expiration date on those distribution rights, which is crazy.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nobody: 4:13am On Jan 08, 2020
Queenkofoworola:
Avengers Endgame was boring.
That's cool, honey. But it's still your opinion smiley

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nobody: 4:16am On Jan 08, 2020
nyarlathotep:
I don’t know about Sony, but if Universal hasn’t lost those Namor and Hulk rights to Marvel Iike the rumours suggest then I can’t imagine the Mouse will ever get them back. For some strange reason it doesn’t seem like there’s an expiration date on those distribution rights, which is crazy.
Universal is just being spiteful at this point due to them not even using them. Disney could probably lean on them like a mother****er if they really wanted the rights but it wouldn't look good.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Vic2Ree(m): 5:51am On Jan 08, 2020
It's a new year, DCtards. Get over yourselves

3 Likes

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Xavier5(m): 7:18am On Jan 08, 2020
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Xavier5(m): 7:35am On Jan 08, 2020
Cottonmouth:

Bro, Sony will not sell Spiderman to Disney, not in this age of CBM boom, rather than selling they will rather acquire more which is what they've done with Valiant Comics (Film right). Nairaland Will have to buy Facebook first before Sony sells Spiderman to them. The only way Disney can get Spiderman as their own is of they but Sony and that's not happening at least not now, Sony is no small company and they have the financial strength to stand on their own.

I can see that you are one of those people who thinks that making billion dollars equates to profit, no bro it doesn't. It's not about how high you gross but how high a profit you make. Take Joker and Endgame as a case study, Joker is the most profitable CBM, more profitable than Endgame (which is the highest grossing CBM), if billion dollars equates high profit, Endgame should have been but that's not the case, another example is that of BvS and Wonder Woman, BvS grossed higher than WW with $873.6M against $821.8M but WW was more profitable turning in a profit of $252.9M against BvS's $105.7M. There you have it high gross it billion dollar gross doesn't equates to high profit.

With all the billion dollar gross, Disney still made loss in it's third quarter, why?

Bro, you saying Sony doesn't have any Franchise to work on is totally false, they have

1.) Sony Marvel Universe, which came into existence despite all odds against iit.News flash, Venom 2 and Morbius will be successful whether any fanatic out there likes it or not. Nothing is stopping them, they couldn't stop Venom, they can't stop this ones.
2.) The Spiderman Animated Franchise, don't forget into the spiderverse 2 is in development, another hit for Sony.
3.) Valient Cinematic Universe (from Valient Comics) which will be properly lunched if Bloodshot becomes a success.
4.) Sony Pictures Animations which include Hotel Transylvania, Open Season , Surf's Up, Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs, The Smurfs (via Peyo ),
6.) Peter rabbit, which is a hit.
5.) MIB, this is also a hit franchise MIB franchise isn't a failure. Because a movie in a franchise didn't gross high doesn't equate to that franchise being a failure, take Solo: A Star War Story in the Star Wars Franchise as an example
6.) Jumanji, another mega hit franchise for Sony.
Charlie's Angels, Bad boys among others.
NOTE: Some of this franchise may not be hit, that doesn't mean they can't be, all they need is proper handling and development, Tick Tock.

So bro, contrary to what you think, Sony have lots of franchises to work on, likewise some hit franchise also.

And one more thing, Spiderman isn't leaving Sony, not any time soon at least.

PS: Between me and you, who is trolling. I only stated things the way the are, can you say same for yourself.

#Xavier.
#I_Am_A_DCian.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Xavier5(m): 8:24am On Jan 08, 2020
1000WaysToLive:
Context please...

They missed estimates on their quarterly earnings and the performance of the Fox slate was one of the legitimate reasons they gave Wall St.

It was context for the business world, not intent to rile up insecure fanboys.

It certainly wasn't the best quarter, but they beat estimates the following one.

As I said in my post to dragonking, stock up 36% on the year and about 60 billion added to their market cap the last 12 months. The other media companies can only dream of that.

As for Sony, nothing against the company personally, I'm just not wrapped up in their slate.

Bro, my reply was in response to your logic that billion dollar grossers equates high profit that's why I had to quote you in contradiction. Below is the statement from you.

Compare that to Disney which has had an embarrassment of riches when it comes to big IP that consistently delivers even outside the MCU. They have Star Wars & Pixar which you can make dozens of movies out of and literally made them billions of dollars, and even their live-action remakes like Lion King and Aladdin have been incredibly successful and also joined the billion dollar club.

Disney had a loss in it's third quarter despite having a revenue of $9b+ from six movies (excluding frozen 2, maleficent 2, star wars 9), that's huge. Blaming fox properties and the acquisition of Fox which occurred in March 2019 is ridiculous. Revenues from those movies should have covered up that loss but no it didn't, why? because they didn't make high profits to do so.

I know they're lots of factors to be considered when it comes to profit and loss ish in a company e.g Disney+, expenditures, tax, revenue from subsidiaries, acquisition of properties etc, that I know and understand but with a revenue of $9b+ from six movies, such shouldn't have occurred, the revenue should have covered up or made up for it but they couldn't because they didn't make high profits to do so.

But I'm happy that Disney were able to make Profits in the next quarter, besides Disney has a lot of hit and profitable franchises with them e.g MCU, Star wars, Avatar, Pirates of the Carribean, Frozen, Toy story, Ralph, Croods etc

But one thing we need to understand is that, billion dollar grossing or high grossing doesn't necessarily equate to high profit. When I personally discovered that, I stopped bothering myself on how high a movie grossed or if it grossed billion dollar to what profit did it make in terms of gross and net.

PS: I have no issue with Disney and Marvel, common, why should i? besides Spiderman is my 2nd favorite comic book character after Batman.

#Xavier.
#I_Am_A_DCian.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by pu7pl3(m): 9:27am On Jan 08, 2020
[quote author=1000WaysToLive post=85600763]Talk about bitter grin

more like everywhere into thin air

Yet Net income kept on dwindling and they just had to push the blame to fox

Net Income Decline

Net income decreased by $1.5 billion in FY 2019 despite healthy growth in revenue, driven by a sharp drop in net income margin.
Disney’s net income decreased from $12.6 billion in FY 2018 to $11.1 billion in FY 2019.

Net income margin declined from 21.2% in FY 2018 to 15.9% in FY 2019.
This can be attributed to sharp drop in net income margin, partly offset by higher revenues

Total expenses increased from $46.8 billion in FY 2018 to $58.5 billion in FY 2019, while total expenses as a percentage of revenue has also gone up from 78.8% to 84.1% during this period.
All major expenses have seen an increase in FY 2019, mainly related to the acquisition of Fox.
Disney recognized $4.8 billion of gain from Hulu consolidation, which saw a sharp drop in other expenses.

Effective tax rate saw a sharp rise in 2019 as major tax gain was recorded in 2018 following the implementation of TCJ Act

Cc.forbes

Maybe it went to the Mandalorian, which is the biggest show in the world despite Disney + not being a global service yet (and despite the 'death of SW lol)

Part of it did yes...

And the Mandalorian is not the biggest TV show,the Witcher owns that title and deservedly so

Also, when you make populast films and have a core history of making animation, why would an oscar be a consideration when those aren't the type of films that usually get noms (aside from the animation catagory)? Instead they settle for being more successful and buying studios whose films are 'worthy' of 7000 voters.

Now you are just trying to downplay the Oscars to suit your narrative,nobody is buying that bruh..even Disney themselves were pushing for the awards they thought they could win before they realised it was futile and went for the more realistic ones..and no matter how many studios you buy if you don't produce Oscar worthy content you not getting near it,simple

Glad you are all on the side of elitists rather then the people who vote with their wallets. A ridiculous leap on my part (?), just like your 'pride' remark which isn't nearly as important to the fandom as you'd like to project cheesy

This doesn't even make any sense

The fact is that Sony's studio division has been rumored to be on the block for years now, with even the new CEO questioning if they have the scale to not be gobbled up.

Fake rumours with no atom of truth to them AKA lies...Sonyis one of the most stable companies in the world as a whole and they have never had the risk of being gobbled up..they are the ones that actually do the gobbling due to their dexterity and vast reach in all aspects of entertainment(film and music) and technology + They are better at producing original content(film)

Let's just stick to facts and try not to act childish about posters on a CBM board wanting Spider-Man to return to the biggest ongoing franchise in cinematic history. What else would you expect?

I don't need Spidey to return as an absolute, but I'm more then comfortable either way. I doubt Sony relinquishes said rights as long as the film division is owned by it's HQ in Japan, but giving up the merch revenue definitely killed the significant leverage they had. That was more desperation then being played. Under different leadership that decision may not have been made, which Sony has publicly regretted.

What made me reply your earlier post was when you said Sony has nothing going for them..so now I get it,you think cos they gave up the Spidey merch it means they are desperate for Disney to like them And not "eat" them? grin grin grin you think the whole of Hollywood revolves around Disney cos of the B.O. don't you? grin grin grin grin super fan,it's okay to think that way tho..and I hate to tell you this but just know it's not true okay?,there is more to Hollywood and profits than just B.O...now I feel like that uncle that told his nephew Santa wasn't real cry
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by pu7pl3(m): 9:31am On Jan 08, 2020
Cottonmouth:

Been about 23 hours since I read this pure unadulterated and uneducated garbage take/opinion

PS. you are the one here actually trolling with these type of predictions that contradict facts... and cancelling someone's post
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by dragonking2: 9:34am On Jan 08, 2020
1000WaysToLive:
Talk about bitter grin
^^^
When hit with obvious facts, they say you are bitter.

If the money went everywhere, why did Disney put the sole blame on Dark Phoenix? I bet you can't answer because it's obvious you are just kissing ass.

This is why I don't like arguing with people who don't know jack about investment, finances or the stock market.

The shares of Disney has been rising since 2006, that doesn't mean the company won't post losses. There are several coys (some even almost moribund) that their share prices rose despite posting losses. Go to the Nigerian stock exchange for further clarification.

From this post, I can clearly identify you as a Disney shill who is still not informed. First of all, the current biggest show in the world is the Witcher;
https://
amp.businessinsider .com/witcher-passed-mandalorian- as-biggest-tv-show-in-the-world- 2019-12

Also, I only highlighted why Sony doesn't need to sell spiderman, but here you are licking ass. Mehn!!

Making popular films that are easily forgotten in few months time over making quality movies that will stand the test of time? I trust Sony is satisfied with the likes of OUATIH.

^^
Another meaningless post that has nothing whatsoever to do with the point of argument.

There is no studio that isn't in a threat of being gobbled up. That's why the likes of Disney, despite the huge resources still went to Verizon for partnership in their movies and streaming services

Yeah, the biggest franchise in cinematic history, yet this biggest franchise was heavily threatened when Sony announced that thy are pulling out just one character. Truly, reality is often disappointing

cc Pu7pl3

Well, atleast you have accepted that Sony won't relinquish the most prestigious marvel character, which we all agree on.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by VeecThorr(m): 10:22am On Jan 08, 2020
hulk616:
troll You think I m trolling. Please if you support LGTQ nonsense don't carry it inside MCU angry
A little too late for this I'm afraid, that ship has sailed.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Themandalorian: 2:02pm On Jan 08, 2020
Blackspider:
He was key to their launch of Disney+ though I don't know how successful that would be
Its expected not to be successful for now cos they are just launching it. You might have to give it a few years.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Blackspider: 2:26pm On Jan 08, 2020
Themandalorian:

Its expected not to be successful for now cos they are just launching it. You might have to give it a few years.
Even with a few years gone by, I am not sure it would be as successful
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Themandalorian: 2:32pm On Jan 08, 2020
Blackspider:
Even with a few years gone by, I am not sure it would be as successful
Why so you say so? I believe they will pick up in a couple of years no one expects them to be the next big thing right now except the expectations that people have for Disney is madly high.

(1) (2) (3) ... (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) ... (539) (Reply)

The Vampire Diaries and The Originals Fan Page / Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) / Big Brother Titans (BBTitans) 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.