Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,539 members, 7,812,672 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:19 PM

Marvel Cinematic Universe - TV/Movies (457) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Marvel Cinematic Universe (663925 Views)

Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / DC Universe Vs Marvel : Superman Vs Vision (who Will Win) / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) ... (539) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by jikins(m): 9:28am On Aug 20, 2021
pu7pl3:

if he is 90% an eternal why doesn't he look like an eternal? And why is he more powerful?
No matter how you try to explain it it's a plot hole

Pele oh plot hole police.

A single mutant gene can have large effect on a person and can also have small effect on a person too. A mutant gene can cause color blindness, can cause hardened fingernails in humans, can cause albinism in humans even and a host of other congenital anomalies. So yes a single mutant gene can affect Thanos the way it did.

4 Likes

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by nani667: 9:36am On Aug 20, 2021
✔️

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by VerifiedStalin: 10:15am On Aug 20, 2021
Kaycee7:
Verifiedstalin MJBolt, is this part of Phase 4? grin grin

More entertaining than Snyder's Cut for damn sure.tongue

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by VerifiedStalin: 10:17am On Aug 20, 2021
Ikaris joins the MCU glowing eyes gang cool

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by VerifiedStalin: 10:20am On Aug 20, 2021
The Guardians in another Universe.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by VerifiedStalin: 10:22am On Aug 20, 2021
Mark Ruffalo is a class act.

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by VerifiedStalin: 10:28am On Aug 20, 2021
Same energy.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by TheKingOfCrumb: 10:36am On Aug 20, 2021
VerifiedStalin:
Same energy.
What movie you s this? Troy?
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by VerifiedStalin: 10:41am On Aug 20, 2021
TheKingOfCrumb:

What movie you s this? Troy?

Brad Pitt = Troy

Angelina Jolie = Eternals

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by TheKingOfCrumb: 10:42am On Aug 20, 2021
VerifiedStalin:

Brad Pitt = Troy

Angelina Jolie = Eternals
Aight bro
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by BlackManta(m): 10:49am On Aug 20, 2021
cry

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Kaycee7(m): 10:55am On Aug 20, 2021
VerifiedStalin:

More entertaining than Snyder's Cut for damn sure.tongue
Why so violent?

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by pu7pl3(m): 12:16pm On Aug 20, 2021
jikins:

Pele oh plot hole police.

A single mutant gene can have large effect on a person and can also have small effect on a person too. A mutant gene can cause color blindness, can cause hardened fingernails in humans, can cause albinism in humans even and a host of other congenital anomalies. So yes a single mutant gene can affect Thanos the way it did.

Pele o Lawyer ikpeama, if the gene affected him and made him stand out like that I'm sure he wouldn't have been hard to miss when he was wiping out half of the Universe...they (the Eternals) were also at risk too

It's a plot hole

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by CreepyBlackpool: 12:37pm On Aug 20, 2021
movie never drop, them don dey find faults and poke holes

people that can deduce the entire plot from a less than 3mins trailer grin

5 Likes

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MJBOLT: 12:42pm On Aug 20, 2021
That's from marvel official site, Thanos is an Eternal

pu7pl3:

Thanos is a deviant hybrid boss...that's why he looks like a Titan

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MJBOLT: 12:44pm On Aug 20, 2021
in the same trailer even a blind man can clearly see deviants there

Na wa o

samistry:
These eternal guys story came up at a wrong point in the mcu. Thanos almost wiped off all life on the planet they swore to protect. They siddon look like naija politicians. Before you tell me about orders from celestials. Aren't they eventually going against same celestial from the trailer?
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MJBOLT: 12:46pm On Aug 20, 2021
The trailer really pepper them,they thought Marvel was done after Endgame

CreepyBlackpool:

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by pu7pl3(m): 12:55pm On Aug 20, 2021
MJBOLT:
That's from marvel official site, Thanos is an Eternal

I'm telling you something that is cannon in the comics bruh

A'lars fathered a son named Thanos with an Eternal woman named Sui-San. Sui-San was actually on Titan at the time of the cosmic event on Earth that gave the Eternals their powers, which means that Thanos doesn't have the same set of powers shared by Ikaris and all the others. Only his father benefited from the effects of the experiment. Interestingly, Thanos is related by blood to Thena (who will be played by Angelina Jolie in the MCU), since she's Zuras' daughter; that means the two characters are actually first cousins. Despite this connection, Thanos has little to do with the Olympian Eternals, and has had limited interaction with them in the comics.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MJBOLT: 1:11pm On Aug 20, 2021
it's Canon in the comics yet marvel official site says he's an eternal,show us any comic book scan where Thanos was said to be deviant.

Don't come here to spread lies, Thanos has the same Powers like most eternals,the only difference is that the deviant Gene made him far stronger and changed his look.

We are waiting

pu7pl3:

I'm telling you something that is cannon in the comics bruh

A'lars fathered a son named Thanos with an Eternal woman named Sui-San. Sui-San was actually on Titan at the time of the cosmic event on Earth that gave the Eternals their powers, which means that Thanos doesn't have the same set of powers shared by Ikaris and all the others. Only his father benefited from the effects of the experiment. Interestingly, Thanos is related by blood to Thena (who will be played by Angelina Jolie in the MCU), since she's Zuras' daughter; that means the two characters are actually first cousins. Despite this connection, Thanos has little to do with the Olympian Eternals, and has had limited interaction with them in the comics.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MJBOLT: 1:14pm On Aug 20, 2021
In the comics, Thanos comes from Eternal lineage. His father is Mentor, an Eternal who helmed a colony on Titan, Saturn's largest moon. Mentor, formerly A'Lars, and another Eternal named Sui-San go on to repopulate Titan. One of their sons is Thanos, who's affected by Deviant Syndrome, which means that he possesses a mutation called the Deviant gene. Though similar to the Eternals, the Deviants have destabilized and mutated DNA that leads to physical oddities such as, well, purple skin.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by pu7pl3(m): 2:28pm On Aug 20, 2021
MJBOLT:
it's Canon in the comics yet marvel official site says he's an eternal,show us any comic book scan where Thanos was said to be deviant.

Don't come here to spread lies, Thanos has the same Powers like most eternals,the only difference is that the deviant Gene made him far stronger and changed his look.

We are waiting

Lol, you just said and posted proof that he has the deviant gene and you're still saying I'm spreading lies grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by jikins(m): 2:31pm On Aug 20, 2021
pu7pl3:

Pele o Lawyer ikpeama, if the gene affected him and made him stand out like that I'm sure he wouldn't have been hard to miss when he was wiping out half of the Universe...they (the Eternals) were also at risk too

It's a plot hole

grin grin grin

Low budget clap back e talk say na lawyer ikpeama grin

Can't repeat myself jare I have said my own if you still dey see plot hole that na ya headache oh. Enjoy the plot hole while we enjoy a God tier movie, hopefully it doesn't disappoint! Fingers crossed

As per resident plot hole police way you be, continue ya ministry ni more fuel abi na data. grin

4 Likes

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by jikins(m): 2:34pm On Aug 20, 2021
CreepyBlackpool:

Like its literally just a trailer, a clearer picture will be painted when its out. But no na plot hole finding work dem dey do grin

5 Likes

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by pu7pl3(m): 2:35pm On Aug 20, 2021
jikins:

grin grin grin

Low budget clap back e talk say na lawyer ikpeama grin

Can't repeat myself jare I have said my own if you still dey see plot hole that na ya headache oh. Enjoy the plot hole while we enjoy a God tier movie, hopefully it doesn't disappoint! Fingers crossed

As per resident plot hole police way you be, continue ya ministry ni more fuel abi na data. grin

I used the same clap back you used, besides I wasn't in a clap back competition..I just needed you to admit there was a plot hole and you just did...thanks
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by jikins(m): 2:55pm On Aug 20, 2021
pu7pl3:

I used the same clap back you used, besides I wasn't in a clap back competition.. I just needed you to admit there was a plot hole and you just did...thanks

grin grin

So you are seeing double now? Eyah! Where did I admit there was a plot hole?

If you paid close attention you will notice I left you and your argument because of the bolded. It's evident all you see and will ever see is plot hole when there is none! Now you have stated it clearly for everyone. You have found your rock and nothing will move you from it. Why will I waste my time and keep trying?

My stand on this is up there as clear as day, But lemme just repeat part of it since you are seeing double now grin. Thanos is over 90% an eternal. Hence an Eternal! unless you can prove to me one of his parent is a deviant. You have no case. But alas like I said you have chosen a rock, sha enjoy your stay there and keep going on about plot holes all in your head. I done dey waka dey leave you. More grease brother.

5 Likes

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MJBOLT: 2:57pm On Aug 20, 2021
The only thing I wanna know is why Thanos doesn't have Powers in the MCU
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by pu7pl3(m): 3:41pm On Aug 20, 2021
jikins:

grin grin

So you are seeing double now? Eyah! Where did I admit there was a plot hole?

If you paid close attention you will notice I left you and your argument because of the bolded. It's evident all you see and will ever see is plot hole when there is none! Now you have stated it clearly for everyone. You have found your rock and nothing will move you from it. Why will I waste my time and keep trying?

My stand on this is up there as clear as day, But lemme just repeat part of it since you are seeing double now grin. Thanos is over 90% an eternal. Hence an Eternal! unless you can prove to me one of his parent is a deviant. You have no case. But alas like I said you have chosen a rock, sha enjoy your stay there and keep going on about plot holes all in your head. I done dey waka dey leave you. More grease brother.

This is what happens when you engage in an arguement with someone that is ignorant on a particular topic...how can you say Thanos is 90% an Eternal when that number was never stated in the comics? and what Thanos has is called the deviant syndrome, none of your parents has to be a deviant to get it the only thing that matters here is that the child was born a deviant..the deviant syndrome gene was soo strong in Thanos that's why he looks more like a deviant with the chin and the purple skin than an eternal, it drove him mad and he killed his mother who initially wanted to kill him immediately he was born

And Im just ignoring your pathetic attempt at savagery for the sake of a sane atmosphere on this thread

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by pu7pl3(m): 3:50pm On Aug 20, 2021
MJBOLT:
In the comics, Thanos comes from Eternal lineage. His father is Mentor, an Eternal who helmed a colony on Titan, Saturn's largest moon. Mentor, formerly A'Lars, and another Eternal named Sui-San go on to repopulate Titan. One of their sons is Thanos, who's affected by Deviant Syndrome, which means that he possesses a mutation called the Deviant gene. Though similar to the Eternals, the Deviants have destabilized and mutated DNA that leads to physical oddities such as, well, purple skin.

Exactly, The Deviant Syndrome/Deviant gene means Thanos is a Deviant albeit a hybrid since he was born naturally and not like the other Deviants that were created artificially by the Celestials

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MJBOLT: 3:53pm On Aug 20, 2021
All these one na story
In biology an hybrid is an offspring of two different species,Thanos parents are eternals

pu7pl3:

Exactly, The Deviant Syndrome/Deviant gene means Thanos is a Deviant albeit a hybrid since he was born naturally and not like the other Deviants that were created artificially by the Celestials

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by pu7pl3(m): 3:56pm On Aug 20, 2021
MJBOLT:
All these one na story
In biology an hybrid is an offspring of two different species,Thanos parents are eternals

A hybrid can also be caused by mutation, I know you didn't know that A'lars was doing the same experiments his father Kronos was doing before he dispersed his consciousness and became 1 with the universe
Thanos is a Deviant hybrid

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MJBOLT: 4:03pm On Aug 20, 2021
First it was it is Canon
Now it is Thanos is a hybrid

A hybrid is an offspring of two different species,I wonder where the mutation came from undecided
Oga provide proof,we dey wait

pu7pl3:

A hybrid can also be caused by mutation, I know you didn't know that A'lars was doing the same experiments his father Kronos was doing before he dispersed his consciousness and became 1 with the universe
Thanos is a Deviant hybrid

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by jikins(m): 4:25pm On Aug 20, 2021
pu7pl3:

This is what happens when you engage in an arguement with someone that is ignorant on a particular topic...how can you say Thanos is 90% an Eternal when that number was never stated in the comics? and what Thanos has is called the deviant syndrome, none of your parents has to be a deviant to get it the only thing that matters here is that the child was born a deviant..the deviant syndrome gene was soo strong in Thanos that's why he looks more like a deviant with the chin and the purple skin than an eternal, it drove him mad and he killed his mother who initially wanted to kill him immediately he was born

And Im just ignoring your pathetic attempt at savagery for the sake of a sane atmosphere on this thread

grin

Why are you going back and forth. Haven't we established this what Is the cause of the deviant syndrome? Isn't it the deviant gene which he got from his parents? He received recessive genes from both parents. If you know genetics you will know a recessive gene will manifest most times if you have a pair of it from your parents. Thanos is over 90% an Eternal because all his other genes are eternal genes. This isn't rocket science na. And I hate repeating myself. I have stated all these before nor dey drag me back, I nor get that kind time to waste. When you have something new quote me till den continue your plot hole mission in peace.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) ... (539) (Reply)

The Vampire Diaries and The Originals Fan Page / Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) / Big Brother Titans (BBTitans) 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.