Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,600 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

Marvel Cinematic Universe - TV/Movies (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Marvel Cinematic Universe (666594 Views)

Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / DC Universe Vs Marvel : Superman Vs Vision (who Will Win) / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (539) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Shittaakeem(m): 1:02pm On Jul 30, 2017
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 1:23pm On Jul 30, 2017
Kingrapha:
dafuq is wrong with marveltards ........ the dceu is a completely different universe and saying its being rushed is stupid because in my opinion the dceu could have been started from a jl movie like they were planning to do in jl mortal...... building up from individual characters is one way to do it not the only way as long as it all comes together no pun intended....... Basically i prefer Dc because i grew up with this characters but i dont get why marvelites are so butthurt about some competition...... the DCEU is a financial success but not critically acclaimed, executives are doing the best they can do make movies that can be appreciated by everyone... you guys should leave DC alone and talk about your childish MCU and its crappy villains and generic formular (my opinion though).....
thor ragnarok looks good but come on the jl trailer was better in every sense, ill still see both.lol but jl is gonna crush ragnarok at the BO
Who spit in your akara?

3 Likes

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 1:29pm On Jul 30, 2017
740megawatts:

WW as an origin story was nowhere close to any Marvel origin story. It was very original in terms of depth, style, stakes, cinematography and narrative. As a matter of fact, all Marvel origin stories are always similar...lol. I watched a video where it was established that Dr Strange origin movie was 80% Iron Man origin movie. Heck, Marvel only repackaged the characters!
You do know that WW unwittingly shares similarities with the first Captain America film? I wasn't perturbed by it, although I did have a nice laugh with the unintended effect of having an actor named Chris playing a character called Steve, who both go onto and destroy big a$$ planes. I see both films as very good representations of golden age comics with morally righteous eponymous leads.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 3:13pm On Jul 30, 2017
Currently on Netflix, just seen the trailer of Iron Fist again*, man, this show was disappointing. **plays I'm a Dragon, at least something good came out of that trailer**

*since the new update on the PS4 app, it will automatically play a trailer if a tile is highlighted.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Kingrapha(m): 5:08pm On Jul 30, 2017
cao:

Who spit in your akara?

*In alfred's voice* do I know you?
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Kingrapha(m): 5:10pm On Jul 30, 2017
cao:

You do know that WW unwittingly shares similarities with the first Captain America film? I wasn't perturbed by it, although I did have a nice laugh with the unintended effect of having an actor named Chris playing a character called Steve, who both go onto and destroy big a$$ planes. I see both films as very good representations of golden age comics with morally righteous eponymous leads.
first avenger was nothing like ww... if you think they are similar because they are both period pieces then there is nothing I can do for you

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 5:46pm On Jul 30, 2017
Kingrapha:
first avenger was nothing like ww... if you think they are similar because they are both period pieces then there is nothing I can do for you
Mwuahaha! You're funny.
Anywho, for those who were wondering, http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/06/02/wonder-woman-captain-america-first-avenger-comparisons/
Seriously, a simple google search of Captain America Wonder Woman, gives you a rather interesting lot. So funny man, cool your jets. Some of us don't have time for keeping our heads in the sand.
Kingrapha:
*In alfred's voice* do I know you?

The fact that I still don't know you, doesn't negate the fact that you were making noise like someone spat in your akara, so try again.

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Strawman: 7:07pm On Jul 30, 2017
I'm gonna eat akara this night, now I'll picture someone spitting inside it!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 7:27pm On Jul 30, 2017
At least you're going to eat akara. I'm now craving the damn thing, I can't even find the right kind of beans here sef for me to even start.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Kingrapha(m): 10:32pm On Jul 30, 2017
cao:

Mwuahaha! You're funny.
Anywho, for those who were wondering, http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/06/02/wonder-woman-captain-america-first-avenger-comparisons/
Seriously, a simple google search of Captain America Wonder Woman, gives you a rather interesting lot. So funny man, cool your jets. Some of us don't have time for keeping our heads in the sand.

The fact that I still don't know you, doesn't negate the fact that you were making noise like someone spat in your akara, so try again.

The fact that you read comicbook.com says it all
And am not a man, lady am just a teen... The overall plot of ww was nothing like ca so i dont get your point, because there are similarities btw ss and gotg doesn't make them alike... Nuff said.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Strawman: 12:35am On Jul 31, 2017
Kingrapha:

And am not a man, lady am just a teen... The overall plot of ww was nothing like ca so i dont get your point, because there are similarities btw ss and gotg doesn't make them alike... Nuff said.

Abeg enough of this issue before she asks you if someone spat in your akara again (let my food digest first).

The truth is that the two movies are actually similar, but similar only in relation to the synopsis pointed out in that article. In every other aspect, CA:TFA and WW are very different.

Besides, what they showed us in those 2 movies are the genuine stories of Captain America and Wonder Woman; the movies were simply following their source material. If one character's story is in any way, shape of form similar to that of another character, then seeing similarities in their movies is bound to happen; they're not going to change or modify the truth just for the fear of appearing similar to another movie. So rest assured if what you think is that anyone here's implying that WW copied CA:TFA, cos they'd be wrong (if that's what they're trying to say) since both movies were simply following their source material. In fact, to further reassure you on the differences you've been trying to point out, here's an article on 15 reasons why WW is different and "better" (something tells me this is what you're looking for) than CA:TFA

btw @cao beans is beans o. Even if it's jelly beans sef, you should be able to find way to make akara.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 1:05am On Jul 31, 2017
Kingrapha:

Mwuahaha! Children of nowadays. Before I ask the akara question again, if you wan rake continue to rake. I don talk my own.

Oh boy, Strawman, beans no be beans-o, by the time you chop kidney beans and all those other kinds of beans, you go no say not all beans be black eyed beans.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Kingrapha(m): 1:37am On Jul 31, 2017
cao:

Mwuahaha! Children of nowadays. Before I ask the akara question again, if you wan rake continue to rake. I don talk my own.

Oh boy, Strawman, beans no be beans-o, by the time you chop kidney beans and all those other kinds of beans, you go no say not all beans be black eyed beans.
Really?
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by kingphoenix10: 8:45pm On Jul 31, 2017
Let me start by saying you guys have ruined akara for me this week. *sarcastically applauds*. Now DC freaks should take a chill pill. For safety reasons take two. I have been a long lover of D JL but I must say the movie feels rushed. Flash and Aquaman are two big characters being forced down our cinematic throats and we don't need a back story but a proper movie would have been nice. Still its a business decision that was put to avoid the JL movie coming out in the same year as infinity war cos the MCU would crush them. Loved the trailer but I have high hopes for Ragnarok. That movie will be lit.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Strawman: 1:56pm On Aug 01, 2017
kingphoenix10:
Let me start by saying you guys have ruined akara for me this week. *sarcastically applauds*. Now DC freaks should take a chill pill. For safety reasons take two. I have been a long lover of D JL but I must say the movie feels rushed. Flash and Aquaman are two big characters being forced down our cinematic throats and we don't need a back story but a proper movie would have been nice. Still its a business decision that was put to avoid the JL movie coming out in the same year as infinity war cos the MCU would crush them. Loved the trailer but I have high hopes for Ragnarok. That movie will be lit.

God, just stop this. Those characters don't need a "proper movie" prior to the JL 2017 movie, nothing's being rushed, and they're not forcing anything down anyone's throat. If you're familiar with the union of the JL members in DC's New 52 storyline, you'd see how very sudden and quickly it was done, yet portrayed in a way that people who had absolutely no idea of who some of those characters were would still gain proper insight about them, and can go on to read the characters' separate comics if they're interested. Even in the MCU, Tom Holland's Spiderman was introduced in Civil War before he got his own Homecoming. After watching the JL movie this November, people who are interested in Flash and Aquaman will anticipate their own upcoming movies; there's nothing wrong with that sequence. The way the MCU's been doing crossovers is a good way to run a continuity, yes, but it's not the only way. Are you going to start using that as a yardstick to judge any other company that wants to or already does crossovers with their movies? At least the DC Trinity (Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman) have been given proper introductions for a start; let's leave them to continue in their own originality.

Btw, I think it's only proper that you stick to Marvel discussions on this thread.

5 Likes

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by TonySpike: 9:17pm On Aug 01, 2017
Strawman:

God, just stop this. Those characters don't need a "proper movie" prior to the JL 2017 movie, nothing's being rushed, and they're not forcing anything down anyone's throat. If you're familiar with the union of the JL members in DC's New 52 storyline, you'd see how very sudden and quickly it was done, yet portrayed in a way that people who had absolutely no idea of who some of those characters were would still gain proper insight about them, and can go on to read the characters' separate comics if they're interested. Even in the MCU, Tom Holland's Spiderman was introduced in Civil War before he got his own Homecoming. After watching the JL movie this November, people who are interested in Flash and Aquaman will anticipate their own upcoming movies; there's nothing wrong with that sequence. The way the MCU's been doing crossovers is a good way to run a continuity, yes, but it's not the only way. Are you going to start using that as a yardstick to judge any other company that wants to or already does crossovers with their movies? At least the DC Trinity (Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman) have been given proper introductions for a start; let's leave them to continue in their own originality.

Btw, I think it's only proper that you stick to Marvel discussions on this thread.

The only introduction we got from CA : CW is "Underoos"
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by kingphoenix10: 1:59pm On Aug 02, 2017
Strawman:

Hey they brought it up. Also since they didn't need to copy MARVEL, they might as well not have created a shared universe. Superman, Green Lantern and Batman had all done solo movies so they need no more introduction. A solo JL movie could have been done, or the DCEU should have begun with the JL movie. Finally d 52 storyline has the luxury of being a comic which has latter issues addressing their back stories.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Kaycee7(m): 4:41am On Aug 03, 2017
kingphoenix10:
Hey they brought it up. Also since they didn't need to copy MARVEL, they might as well not have created a shared universe. Superman, Green Lantern and Batman had all done solo movies so they need no more introduction. A solo JL movie could have been done, or the DCEU should have begun with the JL movie. Finally d 52 storyline has the luxury of being a comic which has latter issues addressing their back stories.
Not creating a shared universe would have been a collosal waste of opportunity and resources.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 8:51pm On Aug 06, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MMMe1drnZY
Yup. Your eyes are not deceiving. This is 100% real.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by superbloke(m): 9:34pm On Aug 06, 2017
cao:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MMMe1drnZY
Yup. Your eyes are not deceiving. This is 100% real.
"..they ask me why I brought a baby to battle...give me a break, I didn't learn parenting, my daddy was a planet". grin
At first I was like undecided but after a while I was like cheesy
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by 100naira(m): 4:18pm On Aug 11, 2017
"Fun really isn't something one considers when balancing the universe, but this does put a smile on my face "

...Thanos

2018 where art thou?

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Norman4real(m): 3:08pm On Aug 19, 2017
Im downloading Defenders Tonight and watching all through out the day tomorrow, its gonna be lit
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Eick(m): 4:32pm On Aug 19, 2017
Just watched the defenders.

It was nice but I must say I expected more. Iron Fist was disappointing as always. I mean for two straight series this dude just wouldn't grow up. I mean this show has manage to rehabilitate the disaster known as Iron Fist.

Really would have liked a different big bad than The Hand. The have just been very dull from Daredevil s2 to Iron Fist and now Defenders.

1 thing I learnt though is that the defenders can't take on the Avengers, I mean they are not just strong enough. I use to think that they could but not so sure anymore.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Friedyokes: 6:07pm On Aug 19, 2017
Eick:

1 thing I learnt though is that the defenders can't take on the Avengers, I mean they are not just strong enough. I use to think that they could but not so sure anymore.
what on earth would make u think the defenders can match the avengers ...even using them in the same sentence is insulting
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by kingphoenix10: 7:04pm On Aug 23, 2017
Seen the Defenders and I really must say I expected more. The end of Ep 3 to all of Ep 4 was the best part of the show. lronfist seemed to have grown in character thanks to the new show runner but he hasn't attained his full potential I know him to be capable of. Big lover of the Devil of HK but standout character for me was JJ. That bitch was Lit. 7/10 for me overall

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Strawman: 11:06pm On Aug 23, 2017
I rate The Defenders OK/10. Can't place a number on it. The show was nice, and it's a good foundation for the plot of the follow up series. Like some people said, I also expected more; there were some moments that downright irritated me and some characters I didn't get to see enough of, but all in all, it was OK.

@Eick Iron Fist was even better here than he was in his own show.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 7:02pm On Aug 24, 2017
Strawman:
I rate The Defenders OK/10. Can't place a number on it. The show was nice, and it's a good foundation for the plot of the follow up series. Like some people said, I also expected more; there were some moments that downright irritated me and some characters I didn't get to see enough of, but all in all, it was OK.

@Eick Iron Fist was even better here than he was in his own show.
But, you'll still want to punch him...
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 7:09pm On Aug 24, 2017
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 7:20pm On Aug 24, 2017
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Strawman: 7:02pm On Aug 25, 2017
cao:

But, you'll still want to punch him...

Ok, Danny is dumb; that's his character. If that's the problem you have with him, just cut him some slack there. At least he got good character development and his fight scenes improved.

If I'd want to punch anyone, it'd be:
Misty Knight,
Bakuto,
Japanese boss in The Hand,
African boss in The Hand,
Hell even Alexandra too,
and
Whoever thought it'd be a good idea to play that rap soundtrack at the final fight.
(NB: This list is by no means exhaustive)

I can't say my reasons for the sake of those who haven't watched it yet, but if you've watched the show well, you should know already.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 10:35pm On Aug 25, 2017
Strawman:

Ok, Danny is dumb; that's his character. If that's the problem you have with him, just cut him some slack there. At least he got good character development and his fight scenes improved.

If I'd want to punch anyone, it'd be:
Misty Knight,
Bakuto,
Japanese boss in The Hand,
African boss in The Hand,
Hell even Alexandra too,
and
Whoever thought it'd be a good idea to play that rap soundtrack at the final fight.
(NB: This list is by no means exhaustive)

I can't say my reasons for the sake of those who haven't watched it yet, but if you've watched the show well, you should know already.
Don't know why folks have beef with the Wu-Tang song playing in the fight scene. It actually suits the Heroes for Hire, both IF & LC love their hip hop. Yes, it jarred me a little, but once I noticed those two were in focus, it made sense. Misty Knight was fine, but she's not a major character. She should have been put in the loop earlier. Bakuto likes to think he's in an anime or something. Sowande went to the school of Madame Gao, where they teach how to get under people's skin 101. Alexandra was kinda wasted, but I enjoyed how she was portrayed, Weaver could have gone with the easy ice queen b***h approach, but she didn't. They could have given her wardrobe a bigger budget. Christ, even IF looked like he bought his suit from the same shop as DD.

Actually, you could complain more about The Hand itself, since it would appear their ruthlessness & effectiveness has been reduced with every subsequent appearance after Daredevil, the almost weird route it went with in Iron Fist, with the questionable ninjas that made me keep wondering whether they had lost their ninja funding. They were built up so fantastically in DD that their subsequent spiral is just so sad.

The whole Danny issue could have been solved by him being better written, they had a whole show for that and the guy still is the dude that parrots "I'm the immortal Iron Fist". Geez, Ward got the most character development in that show. I understand he's supposed to be naive, but it does get out of hand. I don't know whether to blame the actor or the writers or both or the crew of IF and/or TD?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (539) (Reply)

The Vampire Diaries and The Originals Fan Page / Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) / Big Brother Titans (BBTitans) 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.