Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,414 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

We Now Know The Lekki Robbers - Police - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / We Now Know The Lekki Robbers - Police (31895 Views)

We Recovered N27million From FESTAC Bank Robbers-police / Lekki Robbers Discovered-police Revealed, See Pictures / 'I Am Finished...my Church Members Now Know I'm An Armed Robber' - Popular Alaba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Now Know The Lekki Robbers - Police by stevewale(m): 11:20am On Mar 16, 2015
The Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Mr Kayode Aderanti, weekend, said that the command had clue of who the robbers that stormed a second generation bank last Thursday, killing three policemen and a teenager, were, assuring that it would soon round them up.

This is just as the Inspector-General of Police, Suleiman Abbah, has given matching orders to the Police in Lagos to re-strategise, in order to ensure that armed robbers do not unleash terror again in the state.

Investigation as gathered had begun by joint crack detectives from the Special Anti Robbery Squad, SARS and those from the newly instituted Tactical Operation Unit.

The operatives as gathered would also spread their dragnet to neighbouring Benin Republic where the fleeing armed men were suspected to have taken refuge.

Impeccable police sources hinted that part of the on going investigation included the monitoring of the video footage of the robbery operation recorded by an onlooker.

Aderanti who was at the scene of the robbery incident, described the death of his men as unfortunate, adding that they (policemen ) were not even attached to the bank where the gunmen stormed but acted gallantly to prevent the hoodlums from carrying out their devilish act.

Also reacting to the development, Force Public Relations Officer, Ag. Commissioner of Police, Emmanuel Ojukwu told Vanguard; ‘’It’s a terrible development. We will see to the end of it. We must get them. You should know that for a long time we have not had that kind of bank robbery in Lagos State. That is why the Inspector-General of Police, Suleiman Abbah, has given the command matching orders to re-strategise in order to ensure that it does not occur again.’’

However , investigation revealed that the robbery incident was not the first time hoodlums would be terrorising residents of the high brow area.

Before their invasion last Thursday, it was revealed that kidnappers had been on the prowl in Lekki metropolis, with bank staff and construction firm workers as their targets.

The kidnappers as gathered, usually struck when unsuspecting bank staff would be leaving for their places of work.

Recently, a female bank staff was reportedly abducted while on her way to work but was released after payment of an unspecified amount as ransom. Another female of same bank was said to have been at the verge of being abducted last week in same metropolis but for the intervention of his colleagues. The female bank staff(names withheld ) was reportedly waiting for the staff bus when the abductors sprang out from nowhere to forcefully drag her into their waiting van. But just at the same time, the staff bus arrived and her colleagues reportedly raised an alarm which forced the kidnappers to abandon her and zoomed off in their operational vehicle.

But such testimony could not be said of Mr Emmanuel Nduka, a civil engineer whose whereabouts is yet unknown, following his disappearance since February 2, 2015.

His wife , Evelyn who is yet to come to terms with the reality of her husband’s disappearance, explained how he left their Happyland estate in Olokunla area of Lekki, home penultimate Monday , to see an unknown caller who reportedly invited him over .

According to the mother of five : “We were together in my shop where I sell provisions and food stuffs; when he had a call and told me that he was going to Abijo to see someone. Not suspecting anything sinister, I didn’t ask who he was going to meet at Abijo.

“He drove himself in his Honda Odyssey car with Registration number: QZ 143 EKY about 8pm. About 20 minutes later, he called me to say that he has bought the kerosene I asked him to buy and has gotten to the place adding that he would be coming in no distant time. Having waited for a long while and he wasn’t forthcoming, I had to call him only to discover that his phone was switched off and has remained so till now.

“I couldn’t just fathom exactly what was wrong! I became worried what might have happened to him and immediately informed the young brother while I waited till the following morning. Not seeing him, I had to trace the house of one of his friends he usually visited at Abijo. To my surprise, the friend told me he didn’t come to his place. I eventually had to report the matter at the Divisional Headquarters at Ajiwe-Ajah”, she stated.

No cause for alarm - Police

Following cases of kidnap and last Thursday’s bank robbery , residents of the high brow area are gripped with fear of who could be the next victim.

But spokesman for the Lagos State Police Command, Kenneth Nwosu, a Deputy Superintendent of Police, said there was no cause for alarm as the command had increased visibility along that corridor.
According to him: “The command is alert to its responsibility. It was because of the anticipation of all this that the CP formed a tactical operation unit to interface with the banks. We held meetings with the banks and we have been having some collaboration with them.

”We anticipated that since banks are moving to this corridor, definitely hoodlums will want to torment and because we acted proactive measures that is why we have been able to keep it within this barest minimum.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/lekki-bank-robbery-we-know-the-robbers-police/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Now Know The Lekki Robbers - Police by Nobody: 11:25am On Mar 16, 2015
I taught With the so much hyped cctv's around lagos metropolis by fashola govt by now those miscreants would have been in police custody.

Talk of progressives bane of propagandas.

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: We Now Know The Lekki Robbers - Police by eleko1: 11:31am On Mar 16, 2015
Useless pipu.they have been infested with cluelessness.the same way the clueless one told us he knw where chibok girls dey.We dey wait sha.Wey that Mumu Mbu man?

19 Likes

Re: We Now Know The Lekki Robbers - Police by menix(m): 11:39am On Mar 16, 2015
Nigerian Police mst b descendants of Noah..

All knowing force buh to catch nah problem..

3 Likes

Re: We Now Know The Lekki Robbers - Police by tociano009(m): 11:48am On Mar 16, 2015
shocked
Re: We Now Know The Lekki Robbers - Police by MayorofLagos(m): 11:57am On Mar 16, 2015
When you hear kidnap, armed robbery....what group of people come to mind? Of course nau, omo nna. angry

16 Likes

Re: We Now Know The Lekki Robbers - Police by Sleekydee(m): 12:04pm On Mar 16, 2015
liars..we no wan hear....prove it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Now Know The Lekki Robbers - Police by viczing(m): 12:23pm On Mar 16, 2015
Demburrows:
I taught With the so much hyped cctv's around lagos metropolis by fashola govt by now those miscreants would have been in police custody.

But like seriously are you insane? Do you reason before you speak?

Well I doubt that

31 Likes

Re: We Now Know The Lekki Robbers - Police by bighead1(m): 12:26pm On Mar 16, 2015
Let us not condemn these men, at least 3 of them died combating the situation, let us learn to appraise them sometimes, even though they can be dick heads. But please let us commend their good deeds as not all of them are bad eggs.

30 Likes

Re: We Now Know The Lekki Robbers - Police by stevewale(m): 12:33pm On Mar 16, 2015
viczing:

But like seriously are you insane? Do you reason before you speak?

Well I doubt that

Bro u dey vex o grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Now Know The Lekki Robbers - Police by stevewale(m): 12:35pm On Mar 16, 2015
Sleekydee:
liars..we no wan hear....prove it.

Same thought here ... The proof of the genuine arrest or that story is for the gods ...lolz

1 Like

Re: We Now Know The Lekki Robbers - Police by stepo707: 1:09pm On Mar 16, 2015
i hope you catch the real robbers and not pin it on innocent people cos i dont trust the police at all

8 Likes

Re: We Now Know The Lekki Robbers - Police by adaweezy(m): 1:14pm On Mar 16, 2015
Demburrows:

The FG stopped the fashola cctv project
Stop lying

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Now Know The Lekki Robbers - Police by pamcode(m): 1:32pm On Mar 16, 2015
i hope the so called robbers are not innocent nigerians at a wrong place at a wrong time

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Now Know The Lekki Robbers - Police by Nobody: 1:35pm On Mar 16, 2015
Joke aside the NPF know how to get criminals in our society once they get serious.

2 Likes

Re: We Now Know The Lekki Robbers - Police by kennkachio: 1:36pm On Mar 16, 2015
How could such happened in a progressive state acclaimed and governed by APC?. An organisation born by corruption,grew up with Lies,feeds on hates, jealousy and envy,baptised with propaganda and takes destruction of human lives as an atonement of spiritual Dark Order. We have seen all not again will JORDAN ever be Like JERICO, We still keep it 100.GEJ for ASO ROCKY till 2019.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Now Know The Lekki Robbers - Police by andyanders: 2:21pm On Mar 16, 2015
sunnyshayne:
Joke aside the NPF know how to get criminals in our society once they get serious.

Leave that level.Na dem dem.Most robbers knows the police and the police knows them

3 Likes

Re: We Now Know The Lekki Robbers - Police by Nobody: 2:59pm On Mar 16, 2015
andyanders:

Leave that level.Na dem dem.Most robbers knows the police and the police knows them

We are saying the same thing but you just said it the hard way.
Re: We Now Know The Lekki Robbers - Police by CR77(f): 3:09pm On Mar 16, 2015
Hmmm ok nah make una go Catch them sharp sharp.

Time wait for no body oo.. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: We Now Know The Lekki Robbers - Police by AmakaDNB(f): 3:09pm On Mar 16, 2015
Wow good
Re: We Now Know The Lekki Robbers - Police by Burger01(m): 3:10pm On Mar 16, 2015
They are from Otuoke, look no futher undecided

5 Likes

Re: We Now Know The Lekki Robbers - Police by Nobody: 3:10pm On Mar 16, 2015
Yinmu

2 Likes

Re: We Now Know The Lekki Robbers - Police by CaptainAmerica1: 3:10pm On Mar 16, 2015
I hope this is true.

Please don't follow GEJ's step by saying you're on top of the situation grin

4 Likes

Re: We Now Know The Lekki Robbers - Police by Nobody: 3:10pm On Mar 16, 2015
Actions speak louder than words.
Re: We Now Know The Lekki Robbers - Police by radiorebel(m): 3:11pm On Mar 16, 2015
99 days for da thief 1 day for da owner

1 Like

Re: We Now Know The Lekki Robbers - Police by tolexy007(m): 3:12pm On Mar 16, 2015
Den go catch dem..
Re: We Now Know The Lekki Robbers - Police by Macelliot(m): 3:12pm On Mar 16, 2015
MayorofLagos:
When you hear kidnap, armed robbery....what group of people come to mind? Of course nau, omo nna. angry
THRASH
Tribalist.
Are you updated.
Oyo, Ogun and Osun has the highest number of Kidnapping and Ritualist cases in History of Nigeria.

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: We Now Know The Lekki Robbers - Police by ramdris(m): 3:12pm On Mar 16, 2015
Then go get them na! y telling us?
Re: We Now Know The Lekki Robbers - Police by Cooljoe1(m): 3:12pm On Mar 16, 2015
Arrest>prosecute>jail
#ole
talk is cheap
Re: We Now Know The Lekki Robbers - Police by abila122: 3:12pm On Mar 16, 2015
The power of internet robberies happen every day once it goes viral on net, there will be pressure on the authorities
Once they catch them may they ruth in jail

Female Student Goes Blind After Principal’s Secretary Slapped Her [See Photos]
SOURCE: http://www..com.ng/index.php/more-news/odd-news-reports/item/3956-female-student-goes-blind-after-principal-s-secretary-slapped-her-see-photos
Re: We Now Know The Lekki Robbers - Police by Nobody: 3:12pm On Mar 16, 2015
undecided

Bloody liars

1 Like

Re: We Now Know The Lekki Robbers - Police by Nobody: 3:13pm On Mar 16, 2015
Nigerian police has been sagacious & incredibly awesome...Here in Africa we don't make use of high technological gadgets to unravel the brains behind a crime, we simply make use of [size=15pt]black magic[/size] cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mother, Her 3 Children Murdered In An Uncompleted Church Building In Lagos(pics / Funny Precautions Nigerians Take To Avoid Being Kidnapped / 14-Year-Old Girl Declared Missing After Going For Medical Checkup In Lagos.Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.