Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,622 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

To Visit Lyon In France - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / To Visit Lyon In France (1557 Views)

France New Visa Process / Nigerian In France, Hw Good Is D Place / Places Of Interest to visit In Lagos Pls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To Visit Lyon In France by dunes(m): 1:13pm On Sep 01, 2006
Hello, I am new on the forum. I live France and I wanted to show you Lyon, the third town of France :

I selected here four routes in the most outstanding districts of Lyon, the old capital of Gaules.
To count a three days minimum, so much the artistic and cultural inheritance of the city is rich. You will visit in turn the peninsula, the heart of Lyon, between the Rhone and the Saone, which extends from the foot of the hill of the russet-red cross to the mulatière, junction of the Rhone and the Saone, with the beauty of the buildings on the quays, the shops, the museums, the many raised places…

In 43 front J-C., Munatius Plancus melts a new Roman city on order of the Senate. A little later Auguste made of this city the capital of the Three Gaules. Consequently, a network of imperial roads is established at the beginning of Lugdunum and the hill of Fourvière already occupied, is equipped with important monuments such as the theatre, the odéon and the thermal baths which constitute a remarkable archaeological unit.

Today the holy district[i] Jean[/i], remained the symbol of the historical past of Lyon and form with the districts saint Paul and holy George, one of the vastest Renaissance sets of Europe.

The other hill of the pagus of Condate, called nowadays Cross-Russet-red, has its own monuments among which the sanctuary of the Three Gaules, disappeared today and the amphitheatre, partially preserved. It is in this place that into 177 holy Blandine and holy Pothin are torture victims. The district of the russet-red cross, preserved a village spirit, whose more recent history is marked by the revolt of the silk workers, the traboules and the mother cotivet…

The guillotière, finally, on left bank of the Rhone, which represents with the brotteaux ones and gerland, axes of urban development towards the east.

Re: To Visit Lyon In France by LoverBwoy(m): 3:31am On Sep 05, 2006
nice wink
Re: To Visit Lyon In France by ifemuonso(m): 3:35am On Sep 05, 2006
Nice work, dunes. I live in Grenoble, Isere, and I'm new on the forum too. Wish you coulda done something similar for your hometown back in Nigeria though. Nothing wrong with what you did - I love it - but hell, everyone knows France is beauty country. Tu le sais ausssi. So how about a little dose of devenir un peu plus Nigerian?
Re: To Visit Lyon In France by LoverBwoy(m): 3:37am On Sep 05, 2006
what makes you think he is nigerian?
Re: To Visit Lyon In France by ifemuonso(m): 3:41am On Sep 05, 2006
U got me on that one. I kinda assumed - maybe naively - that everyone on the forum is Nigerian, and that the forum is supposed to be a meeting point for Nigerians around d world. Pls correct me if I'm wrong, but advertising French tourist attractions is hardly what I'd expect to see on this forum. I've seen enough of it myself, and so have many others. Remember, I could be wrong, loverbwoy. So if u know better, then dynamite!
Re: To Visit Lyon In France by LoverBwoy(m): 3:49am On Sep 05, 2006
yea i would seem like everyone one this forum is Nigerian but there are some non-Nigerians as well "for Nigerians and friends of Nigeria"

trust me there are lots of advert on this forum as long as its in the right place/and or right taste i think its okay,

you might have seen the whole of France but loads of others don't even know much about itask the Americans lol
Re: To Visit Lyon In France by ifemuonso(m): 3:53am On Sep 05, 2006
I stand corrected loverbwoy. and i didnt miss the bit about the american. quite frankly, i think they're about as popular here as Camerounians are in Nigeria
Re: To Visit Lyon In France by LoverBwoy(m): 4:12am On Sep 05, 2006
Trust me there are very popular
Re: To Visit Lyon In France by dunes(m): 9:18am On Sep 05, 2006
I am really sorry if my post could start these exchanges.

I thought that the forum was opened with all !

I am not Nigerian, but French, sorry.

I discovered your forum because one of your members used one of my photographs on Cameroun, etc… I do not know Nigeria (and I regret it), but I know a little West Africa (Cameroun, Gabon), Namibia, and North Africa.

I am by nature open and curious, and for this reason I decided to register me on your forum, which I find very rich.

It is true that I have a personal Internet site which is devoted to places that I like, and if I speak about it it is because I want to make them divide with the greatest number of people.

Georges
http://www.carnets-voyage.com/

1 Like

Re: To Visit Lyon In France by LoverBwoy(m): 7:22pm On Sep 05, 2006
hey the forum is open to all!!

Tell us more about Lyon grin

what am i doing?
Re: To Visit Lyon In France by Gomer: 1:24pm On Sep 10, 2006
ifemuonso:

Nice work, dunes. I live in Grenoble, Isere, and I'm new on the forum too. Wish you coulda done something similar for your hometown back in Nigeria though. Nothing wrong with what you did - I love it - but hell, everyone knows France is beauty country. Tu le sais ausssi. So how about a little dose of devenir un peu plus Nigerian?

@ifemuonso, tell me more about grenoble, i would love to visit sometime next year. are you at the university de grenoble?
Re: To Visit Lyon In France by Gomer: 1:30pm On Sep 10, 2006
@ dunes, lyon is beautiful! What does it take to plan a trip to lyon?
Re: To Visit Lyon In France by ifemuonso(m): 12:45am On Sep 11, 2006
I'm not at the Universite de Grenoble at the moment although I spent the better part of last month at the Universite Stendhal. However, I'll return to the university in the middle of september. Grenoble is a beautiful place. Its beauty, like that of the rest of France, is better seen than heard. So take time to plan a trip. I'd love to see you around.

(1) (Reply)

Where Are The Best Places To Visit In Lagos? / How Do People React When You Say You Are Nigerian? / Chinese Embassy Deny Enactus Nigeria Team VISA Because Of Ebola.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.