Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,451 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

Places Of Interest to visit In Lagos Pls - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Places Of Interest to visit In Lagos Pls (21266 Views)

Top 10 Places To Visit In Lagos This Holiday / Fun Places Of Kids In Lagos / Any Places Of Interest In Enugu? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Places Of Interest to visit In Lagos Pls by OmoAlata(f): 7:22pm On Jun 12, 2010
We'll be bringing the kids to Nigeria (Lagos) next month and I want them to have the time of their life's so much so they'll be begging us to take them back soon.  They've never been to Nigeria before and have only ever seen the bad side portrayed in documentaries on the telly etc.

Where can we visit please?  Thanks
Re: Places Of Interest to visit In Lagos Pls by OmoAlata(f): 8:42am On Jun 13, 2010
Re: Places Of Interest to visit In Lagos Pls by RobinKiddy: 8:24am On Jun 17, 2010
Hi Omo,
There are lots of attractive places in Lagos. Some famous destinations are:
- Meia Praia Beach
- Culture Centre
- Delegaçao da Alfândega
- Praca Gil Eanes
- Bar Beach
- Lekki Beach
- Oba's Palace
- The National Museum
- Shrine of Fela.
You will find more destinations, when you will reach there. I’m sure you will enjoy a lot in Lagos.
Re: Places Of Interest to visit In Lagos Pls by DisGuy: 11:29am On Jun 17, 2010
I'd have thought this place will be brimming with interesting places by now, what with the hype about lagos being overload with activities

Lagos should have a dedicated tourist website by now

shrine of Fela? with the kids brilliant grin
Re: Places Of Interest to visit In Lagos Pls by OmoAlata(f): 2:04pm On Jun 17, 2010
Thanks guys. Not sure about the Kalakuta shrine though shocked grin
Re: Places Of Interest to visit In Lagos Pls by WAVixen: 4:50pm On Jun 17, 2010
lekki conservation centre, lekki-epe express way
akodo beach, after eleko beach.
Re: Places Of Interest to visit In Lagos Pls by OmoAlata(f): 7:48pm On Jun 17, 2010
Thanks. I'm sure they'll enjoy the beach. grin
Re: Places Of Interest to visit In Lagos Pls by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jun 17, 2010
Re: Places Of Interest to visit In Lagos Pls by OmoAlata(f): 8:17pm On Jun 17, 2010
Thanks chaircover. Children do adapt don't they, lol smiley
Re: Places Of Interest to visit In Lagos Pls by riskew(m): 4:01am On Jun 22, 2010
Come visit my crib!
Re: Places Of Interest to visit In Lagos Pls by OmoAlata(f): 5:56am On Jun 22, 2010
riskew:

Come visit my crib!

Where's dat located? grin
Re: Places Of Interest to visit In Lagos Pls by B3sty(m): 11:21am On Jun 22, 2010
Omo Alata:

Where's dat located? grin
I guess it's in Niger-Delta region, lol.
Re: Places Of Interest to visit In Lagos Pls by DisGuy: 12:15pm On Jun 22, 2010
So where do lagosians take their kids during teh weekend, easter holiday and so on apart from the beach

I heard FUNTOPIA is cool
Re: Places Of Interest to visit In Lagos Pls by riskew(m): 1:36pm On Jun 22, 2010
Come visit ibadan, coolest city so far.
Re: Places Of Interest to visit In Lagos Pls by sayso: 12:31pm On Jun 23, 2010
@poster chaircover gave out a hint,unite them with their family,sure they will play/merry as neverr before.They have seen enough enviro abroad.
Re: Places Of Interest to visit In Lagos Pls by teeluv(m): 12:31pm On Jun 23, 2010
you can try the palms,

also benin-ore road,
Re: Places Of Interest to visit In Lagos Pls by denony(m): 12:34pm On Jun 23, 2010
take them to Ajegunle for sight seeing, take them to beach for fun, take them to cinema for experiencing, take them to cultural centres for documentation. everywhere in lagos is very interesting.
Re: Places Of Interest to visit In Lagos Pls by Youngichou(m): 12:35pm On Jun 23, 2010
riskew:

Come visit my crib!
B3sty:

I guess it's in Niger-Delta region, lol.
lol
Dis Guy:

So where do lagosians take their kids during teh weekend, easter holiday and so on apart from the beach
aguda, surulere, mushin and ajegunle
Re: Places Of Interest to visit In Lagos Pls by davidayo: 12:45pm On Jun 23, 2010
Take them to Niger delta or Aba lol though very funny the place is now volatile but if you want to take ur kids out ther are lovely places to take them to in Lag.

Shoprite
Badagry historical sites
there are now lots or recreational centres though some of them will be flooded now but few are still ok.
Re: Places Of Interest to visit In Lagos Pls by segzicres(m): 12:46pm On Jun 23, 2010
galleria
Re: Places Of Interest to visit In Lagos Pls by Nixo: 12:58pm On Jun 23, 2010
I suggest you should really consider talking them on a GUARDED TOUR of the Niger-Delta region. Explaining to them the real reason you ran from the country to settle in a foreign land in the first place, LOL grin grin grin tongue
Re: Places Of Interest to visit In Lagos Pls by paraphase(m): 1:07pm On Jun 23, 2010
wink
Re: Places Of Interest to visit In Lagos Pls by Kabikala(m): 1:08pm On Jun 23, 2010
Take them to your village to see how rural folks survive in this part of the world. You might even let them go to farm and learn that yams don't grow on trees and that the okro plant sometimes grow taller than adult humans.
It will be an unforgettable learning experience.

1 Like

Re: Places Of Interest to visit In Lagos Pls by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jun 23, 2010
davidayo:

Take them to Niger delta or Aba lol though very funny the place is now volatile but if you want to take your kids out ther are lovely places to take them to in Lag.

Shoprite
Badagry historical sites
there are now lots or recreational centres though some of them will be flooded now but few are still ok.

Shoprite?? am sure the kids have seen hundreds of better-looking malls and shopping centres from wherever they are coming from shocked
Re: Places Of Interest to visit In Lagos Pls by dupsytosh(f): 1:18pm On Jun 23, 2010
Nixo:

I suggest you should really consider talking them on a GUARDED TOUR of the Niger-Delta region.  Explaining to them the real reason you ran from the country to settle in a foreign land in the first place, LOL grin grin grin tongue

lol  cheesy  cheesy

@post
Kids have more fun with their age group
having other kids their age to play with alone could make it a memorable visit. palms, galleria,beach. . .e.t.c would also add to the fun

riskew:

Come visit ibadan, coolest city so far.

hmmmm where exactly in Ibadan?? undecided smiley
Re: Places Of Interest to visit In Lagos Pls by Justcash(m): 1:20pm On Jun 23, 2010
@Omo alata:

Take them to the country side, and make them see more natural stuffs. Especially the villages around. They'll love it. This is because I think they'll be bored seeing what they are used to abroad.
Show them wetin they never see! Drive them around the ghetto areas like Mushin, A.J etc and tell them stories of how things got that bad. Show them people suffering and tell them why they must not neglect or abuse the privilege they have.
Take them around beaches. You can as well fly them to other parts of the country like Obudu ranch and spend some few days there, using the opportunity to tour Ancient and modern Calabar. Visit museums and tell them stories about structures. You can also take them to Abeokuta to see the "Olumo" rocks

1 Like

Re: Places Of Interest to visit In Lagos Pls by chealbaby: 1:32pm On Jun 23, 2010
take them to the village, they will learn how to make Garri, visit your oba or king or obi , drive round thevillage with them and i bet you they will never forget that experience.
Re: Places Of Interest to visit In Lagos Pls by salesauto1: 2:09pm On Jun 23, 2010
Omo Alata:

We'll be bringing the kids to Nigeria (Lagos) next month and I want them to have the time of their life's so much so they'll be begging us to take them back soon.  They've never been to Nigeria before and have only ever seen the bad side portrayed in documentaries on the telly etc.

Where can we visit please?  Thanks

Remember to have Tramigo Tracking Device Drop in the bags wherever both of you are going so you can track them every second

for more information call 018123553

Re: Places Of Interest to visit In Lagos Pls by Gemma11: 2:13pm On Jun 23, 2010
So nothing worthy to see in Lagos?

Shoprite? lol grin

And why would the poster want to fly all over the country i.e Obudu ranch. Oluomo rock when he specifically asked about Lagos?
Re: Places Of Interest to visit In Lagos Pls by DisGuy: 2:30pm On Jun 23, 2010
Justcash:

@Omo alata:

Take them to the country side, and make them see more natural stuffs. Especially the villages around. They'll love it. This is because I think they'll be bored seeing what they are used to abroad.
Show them wetin they never see! Drive them around the ghetto areas like Mushin, A.J etc and tell them stories of how things got that bad. Show them people suffering and tell them why they must not neglect or abuse the privilege they have.
Take them around beaches. You can as well fly them to other parts of the country like Obudu ranch and spend some few days there, using the opportunity to tour Ancient and modern Calabar. Visit museums and tell them stories about structures. You can also take them to Abeokuta to see the "Olumo" rocks

good idea but depending on the age of the kids; might also backfire- they'll be scared for life or until they are older!!
Re: Places Of Interest to visit In Lagos Pls by bjmighty(m): 2:50pm On Jun 23, 2010
@@@ OMO ALATA

Take them to a Police station to go and see the DPO with his pot belly and warn them never to try to become a police NEVER in Nigeria. grin grin
Justcash:

@Omo alata:

SECONDED!!
Re: Places Of Interest to visit In Lagos Pls by CHARLOE(m): 3:02pm On Jun 23, 2010
Go to FUN PLACE (behind Adebola house), Opebi rd, ikeja. It's really fun, specially built for kids.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Latvia University Issue / Car Crashes Into A Building In Edo Accident / Bridge Collapses On Man In Bichi, Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.