Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,374 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) (33172 Views)

Buhari, APC NWC Meet To Decide Senate Presidency, Senator Lawan Favored. / Yaradua Cabal Member, Tanimu Yakubu Favored To Be Buhari's Finance Minister / How Buhari And Jega Planned To Rig This 2015 Election - Codewit.com Propaganda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by remsonik(f): 5:25pm On Mar 17, 2015
Buhari will win in the following states

Adamawa
Bauchi
Benue
Borno
Gombe
Jigawa
Kaduna
Kano
Katsina
Kebbi
Kogi
Kwara
Lagos
Nasarawa
Niger
Ogun
Ondo
Osun
Oyo
Sokoto
Taraba
Yobe
Zamfara
Abuja
Ekiti

Jonathan will win in the following states
States
Anambra
Enugu
Akwa Ibom
Abia
Bayelsa
Cross River
Delta
Ebonyi
Edo
Imo
Plateau
Taraba

Buhari's odds are + or - 2 of the states listed above
He will get two thirds of total votes cast

1 Like

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by francizy(m): 6:49pm On Mar 17, 2015
Gbawe2:

Abeg shut it. Who cares about the opinion of TANdroid losers like you? You sad saps, perhaps because your personal lives are empty and failed, attach too much importance to this internet thingy. I have the right to speak my mind and call a spade a spade by making my opinion known about the immoral, shameless and nauseating OP. If you enjoy supporting crooks and charlatan then that is your own prerogative although I must add that this comes as no surprise since GEJ is largely supported by unprincipled, ethnocentric and vengeful characters who have no qualms wishing failure and chaos on Nigeria. Oga stay in your lane and out of my way. The way I was raised, we do not praise worthless cads and amoral charlatan. We let them know precisely what they are without sugar-coating the truth. If that upsets you then "go and die".

I do not envy your upbringing. A matured and reasonable person will caution someone once and forget it ever happened but in your case you remained bitter and carried it on your head like a hawker on the street. You really need to chill bro cuz you're loosing it. And you are the one enjoying NL fame not me so I don't see any reason why you should say that I take things here too seriously. I don't and I am more matured than exchanging words with people here. Na only people wey carry internet matter for head go descend to that level.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by Forwetinnah: 7:47pm On Mar 17, 2015
Gbawe2:

You are one of the few posters here I like and respect. This is the only reason I am even responding. I have absolutely no interest in contributing my opinion on any thread started by this OP. Doing so is like a father with young children having to 'hang out' with a hardened and unrepentant paedophile. The OP, as you know now, is a totally disgusting human being any decent and morally upright person , whether APC or PDP, will avoid.

Suffice to say, as is the case with unprincipled mercenaries like FFK, OP is delusional attempting to speak for the SW. I can tell you all that majority of average Yorubas do not have a single reason to vote for GEJ. Not one and they are determined to resist and reject him. People can believe me if they want or not but I can authoritatively state here that it is the overwhelming defeat GEJ was facing in the SW that necessitated the much-condemned election postponement. They wanted to try and use the 7 extra weeks to buy every opinion leader in the SW to help them deliver a GEJ win. It is not working so far and GEJ is on a 'long thing'. "Maga don come" things. Anyone giving credibility to the analysis of the hungry OP is simply naive.

OP is a discredited character who works on 'guestimates' while trying to be the insider he will never be. He is the same character who started panicking here about Buhari losing the APC primaries because info was put in the public domain, by PDP desperados, that Atiku had successfully out-bribed all others and was on course to defeat Buhari. Him and others will confess I told them it was all hogwash. I was privy to information that made me realise Buhari would win overwhelmingly because the SW 'big boys' were working for him and would not entertain any derailment of their 'mission' . I told them this but many did not believe me. Yet we all know what happened. It is the same with the upcoming election never mind the delusions of GEJ and his crew.

Similarly, as I predicted the outcome of the APC presidential Primaries and Lagos guber primaries, I am saying here and now that GEJ will not win in the SW if elections are free and fair. On the contrary, the people of the region will disgrace him and the PDP. I can't speak about some things publicly but I will tell you that the PDP, because it is a Party of desperate men and women scared about their future, is operating on 'dutch courage' and pretence bravado. The underground truth is that the APC is not talking much but the Party is fully ready, on all fronts, to counter and overcome the PDP. Who is Gani Adams , Fasehun, FFK, Obanikoro et al? Is it because the Yoruba heavyweight are silent that makes the 'omo ales' think they now run the show? Those who matter in Yoruba land know what they have to do. I will leave it at that. The wise and experienced heads here should ask themselves why Lagos did not fall into PDP hands even under the uber-bully OBJ was. Therein lies the clue to the omerta-style code that will play out to leave the PDP stunned. Imagine silly TANdroid children who are not from the SW pinning their hopes on loquacious, turncoat and desperate opportunists like Fayose, Obanikoro, FFK, Adams et al when the real self-made leaders of the region, that the people respect and obey , have already passed on the message about what must happen. I dey laff. As they say " e go do dem like film".

From your bolded italicised quotes it is safe to say the so called "big boys" of SW are planning on rigging the elections for the APC, I wonder why you would go ahead to mention "free and fair elections" in the same post,it makes no sense. The APC is rotten, don't claim to be saints...your every post reeks of fear, grasping onto an illusion you know can never be reality. Let the best rigger win, it makes me laugh when you think the APC are the only ones that can come up with last minute surprises. GEJ cant win in the SW if it's free and fair but the "big boys in Yoruba land" can make it happen for BH, how?? How many are these big boys again? Can they form a hamlet, an LGA, or an entire region?? What is their mission?? And you accuse the PDP of having desperate people trying to secure their future?? Na wa for APC o. Have you taken time to address the issue of underage voters being registered in the North to vote BH?? Is that free and fair to you?? Smh

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by SeverusSnape(m): 8:55pm On Mar 17, 2015
dein77:

Who was he when he was busy working with your broom- waving camp? Perhaps he wasn't a charlatan then; he wasn't unprincipled then.

He wasn't a card carrying member of the PDP; it all ended here on Nairaland. So why the noise from you and your guys? I can see barcanista isn't as irrelevant and redundant like you guys are painting him. People change their allegiance every once in a while. Card carrying members like OBJ even publicly tore his! Free him!

Elections will come and go! People have their reasons for supporting whoever they support, and the reasons must not be compelling or even sensible to you!
Nice one sir, Tell him.
That's if he'll hear, they take things too personal.
Angry people's Congress

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by tomakint: 9:08pm On Mar 17, 2015
egift:
Here is my take:
- Buhari will have the majority votes from the SW.
- Both the APC and PDP will have at least the required 25% from each state in the SW, unlike what happened in 2011.In Governorship, APC will retain Lagos and Ogun. Ekiti and Osun is not in contention. Oyo and Ondo too close to call.
In summary, Buhari is the next President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Despite all the tutoring you are still not WISE but BLIND to voice of reasons.
Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by dein77(m): 9:46pm On Mar 17, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Nice one sir, Tell him.
That's if he'll hear, they take things too personal.
Angry people's Congress

I doubt they will hear; they are very cocky and vainglorious. I doubt they will take head and follow the path of humility and modesty!

One even went as far as digging up my Facebook information just to show his depth of anger and bitterness.

They've forgotten 28th will come and pass by....

1 Like

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by SeverusSnape(m): 9:54pm On Mar 17, 2015
dein77:

I doubt they will hear; they are very cocky and vainglorious. I doubt they will take head and follow the path of humility and modesty!
One even went as far as digging up my Facebook information just to show his depth of anger and bitterness.

They've forgotten 28th will come and pass by....
Like seriously??... @ bold
Just ignore them, It's only a matter of time. I just don't know how these people were brain washed like BH members, Just bitter set of people, so intolerant. undecided , Is that how they intend to sell their candidate to the electorates?... Is this the change.
My brother, Just forget these people; they ain't worth it.

1 Like

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by dein77(m): 10:12pm On Mar 17, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Like seriously??... @ bold
Just ignore them, It's only a matter of time. I just don't know how these people were brain washed like BH members, Just bitter set of people, so intolerant. undecided , Is that how they intend to sell their candidate to the electorates?... Is this the change.
My brother, Just forget these people; they ain't worth it.

Hahahhahaha. They're not worthy of my attention. ....It's a show of the depth of desperation and gloom hanging over their noses. ...The idiot went as far as talking about my wife's family. ...didn't worry cos I know who I am.....

2 Likes

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by SeverusSnape(m): 10:34pm On Mar 17, 2015
dein77:

Hahahhahaha. They're not worthy of my attention. ....It's a show of the depth of desperation and gloom hanging over their noses. ...The idiot went as far as talking about my wife's family. ...didn't worry cos I know who I am.....
Damn!... That is so heartless!, haba!, Your wife
Hmmmmmmmmm... I'm speechless. It's well sir.
Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by Here2BustnScrew: 10:58pm On Mar 17, 2015
barcanista:
Afenifere And OPC Favor Jonathan
The endorsement of Jonathan's candidacy by the influential pan Yoruba group Afenifere and O'dua Peoples' Congress will in no small way influence the voting pattern of their members-most of whom are grassroot people. Otunba Gani Adams, National Coordinator, OPC said, “we took time to study the situation of things and we took time to look at the capacity of the candidates involved. I won’t deceive you, from the National Coordinating Council, we have decided to inform our followers that they should vote for President Jonathan.”

The National leader of OPC Chief Fedrick Fasheun had earlier threw his support behind the re-election bid of President Jonathan.

However, another influential group, The Yoruba Council of Elders refused to publicly endorse any of the candidates.

A Look at APC:
No doubt, APC controls 4 out of the Six government houses in the SW as at today, but the party has seen a huge dip in its political fortune in the region. One of the factor that helped the party to win Oyo and Ogun States in 2011 was the heavy factionalisaton within the PDP. Today, the APC in Ogun has had a major split with the SDP coming out a very strong beneficiary taking all Senators. The PDP in Ogun State is united. The APC also lost ALL their Senators in Oyo state, they can't boast of any today- though they gained a Senator in Ondo. In Lagos State, the influential Justice Group left the APC for the PDP. In Ekiti State, the APC was rejected in 2014. In Osun where it hold sway, the anger of civil servants over delay in payment of five(5) months salary may reflect at the Presidential poll. In Ondo State, the APC is not a force as it has little or no structure on ground.

Conclusion
With the Leading parties in the SW and two highly influential groups queuing behind the President's re-election, it is safe to say that the Yoruba nation favors President Jonathan, while the APC candidate Gen Buhari plays second fiddle. Though it won't be fair to write off APC from the political calculation of the SW, yet it will amount to misinformation to say the APC is in control of the region.

God Bless The Yoruba Nation
God Bless Nigeria
God Bless President Jonathan
President 2010-2019
ride on Sir..

1 Like

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by Canme4u(m): 12:10am On Mar 18, 2015
stronger:
Nice attempt.

Few points:

(1) Bola Ige said the Yorubas are about 50 years more educationally advanced than the rest of the country. This plays a part in the level of "awareness" and lack of ignorance. What am I trying to say, The yorubas are SMART and will ask themselves WHO IS THE RIGHT CANDIDATE! So I insist that they will not follow one party like a bunch of sheep led to slaughter. They will think for themselves. So your party analyses falls apart when you assume because Accord, SPD or LP say so, yorubas will follow. . lol

(2) Unfortunately Ethnicity and "What has he done for us" still plays a part in Nigerian politics. I say "unfortunately" because the choice of a leader should not be about what he did for ME but what he did for us. That said, most Nigerians still feel that way. Bros, go to the streets and feel the pulse. THE YORUBAS feel very SHORTCHANGED by the GEj Admin. You ca take that to the bank!! And they intend to reciprocate in the elections. . which takes me to point (3)

(3) The Osibanjo effect. This is one of the reasons why Amaechi or Oshiomole did not emerge as VP. Of course the main reason is that Tinubu who is the brain behind ACN and the APC merger had to have a "stake". But because they knew they needed a yoruba vote, they made sure the VP is a YORUBA man! You don't seem to consider this in your analyses. The OUR SON effect (Which GEJ is banking on in Rivers/Delta/Bayelsa) is going to work for Osibanjo, at least to an extent.

(4) The last point I will raise is the OPC/AFENIFERE angle! Wait let me laugh. . grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

This is where you ruined your analyses!!!

The influence of OPC?? Afenifere?!!! Bwahahahahaahah!!

In fact, I won't say much on this except, have you seen the OUTRAGE that has met the current VANDALISATION/PROTESTS of the OPC in Lagos!!! I personally know over 50 people who have switched sides simply because of this action!! Big mistake to think the HATED OPC will get GEj any votes. Wait let me laugh again. . grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by SirShymexx: 1:10am On Mar 18, 2015
Gbawe2:

You are one of the few posters here I like and respect. This is the only reason I am even responding. I have absolutely no interest in contributing my opinion on any thread started by this OP. Doing so is like a father with young children having to 'hang out' with a hardened and unrepentant paedophile. The OP, as you know now, is a totally disgusting human being any decent and morally upright person , whether APC or PDP, will avoid.

Suffice to say, as is the case with unprincipled mercenaries like FFK, OP is delusional attempting to speak for the SW. I can tell you all that majority of average Yorubas do not have a single reason to vote for GEJ. Not one and they are determined to resist and reject him. People can believe me if they want or not but I can authoritatively state here that it is the overwhelming defeat GEJ was facing in the SW that necessitated the much-condemned election postponement. They wanted to try and use the 7 extra weeks to buy every opinion leader in the SW to help them deliver a GEJ win. It is not working so far and GEJ is on a 'long thing'. "Maga don come" things. Anyone giving credibility to the analysis of the hungry OP is simply naive.

OP is a discredited character who works on 'guestimates' while trying to be the insider he will never be. He is the same character who started panicking here about Buhari losing the APC primaries because info was put in the public domain, by PDP desperados, that Atiku had successfully out-bribed all others and was on course to defeat Buhari. Him and others will confess I told them it was all hogwash. I was privy to information that made me realise Buhari would win overwhelmingly because the SW 'big boys' were working for him and would not entertain any derailment of their 'mission'. I told them this but many did not believe me. Yet we all know what happened. It is the same with the upcoming election never mind the delusions of GEJ and his crew.

Similarly, as I predicted the outcome of the APC presidential Primaries and Lagos guber primaries, I am saying here and now that GEJ will not win in the SW if elections are free and fair. On the contrary, the people of the region will disgrace him and the PDP. I can't speak about some things publicly but I will tell you that the PDP, because it is a Party of desperate men and women scared about their future, is operating on 'dutch courage' and pretence bravado. The underground truth is that the APC is not talking much but the Party is fully ready, on all fronts, to counter and overcome the PDP. Who is Gani Adams , Fasehun, FFK, Obanikoro et al? Is it because the Yoruba heavyweight are silent that makes the 'omo ales' think they now run the show? Those who matter in Yoruba land know what they have to do. I will leave it at that. The wise and experienced heads here should ask themselves why Lagos did not fall into PDP hands even under the uber-bully OBJ was. Therein lies the clue to the omerta-style code that will play out to leave the PDP stunned. Imagine silly TANdroid children who are not from the SW pinning their hopes on loquacious, turncoat and desperate opportunists like Fayose, Obanikoro, FFK, Adams et al when the real self-made leaders of the region, that the people respect and obey , have already passed on the message about what must happen. I dey laff. As they say " e go do dem like film".

Thanks, Sir. Insightful post.

I wasn't even calling you to bless the thread. I know the guy is cerebrally challenged and as inconsequential as they come, with his blinkered and skewed illiterate opinions. I was just alluding to folks I'd listen to when it comes to sound and intellectually stimulating/astute analysis of Nigerian politics. You're way out his league, and you honestly don't need come down to his level.

His vacuous harebrained opinions are for half-baked folks on his level. Don't waste your time on unprincipled sycophantic pseuds, who speak from both sides of the mouth, for a few crumbs to munch like a rat with whiskers. Especially dunderheads who revel in their own id.iocy. A cursory look into a lot of his epistles, and how he contradicts himself, from line to line - while regurgitating the same tripe he posted in the past in support of the former team he was riding with, albeit this time, it's for his new team, is enough to illustrate how obtuse the little guy is. No serious minded person will take a mentally impaired scum like that seriously.

I was going to disgrace him a few days ago on a next thread - by pointing out all the contradictions in his epistle, and show him out for the gormless and blinkered airhead he's. However, I had to keep it moving cos he's not worth it.

Hopefully, we'll get a clearer picture and thorough analysis of the election projections in the SW from you soon. I'm highly interested in Yoruba votes and I hope my people will speak with one voice. Yorubas have to take a stand - they were shut-out of GEJ's government (a blessing in disguise cos the guy has been an utter failure), and they must make their votes count.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by Nobody: 1:19am On Mar 18, 2015
It's next week saturday. Atleast PVC has been distributed, if you don't have yours go get it and let's hit the poll. No need for further childish analysis. Buhari got his wigs, GEJ got his wigs.

I want to see how he would cry the fourth time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by mandarin: 1:36pm On Mar 19, 2015
1 ABIA 1,396,162 1,177,520
2 ADAMAWA 1,559,012 1,381,571
3 AKWA-IBOM 1,680,759 1,587,566
4 ANAMBRA 1,963,173 1,658,967
5 BAUCHI 2,054,125 1,778,380
6 BAYELSA 610,373 546,372
7 BENUE 2,015,452 1,607,800
8 BORNO 1,934,079 1,407,777
9 CROSS RIVER 1,175,623 963,929
10 DELTA 2,275,264 1,921,627
11 EBONYI 1,074,273 848,392
12 EDO 1,779,738 1,218,734
13 EKITI 732,021 511,790
14 ENUGU 1,429,221 1,223,606
15 FCT 881,472 569,109
16 GOMBE 1,120,023 1,069,635
17 IMO 1,803,030 1,707,449
18 JIGAWA 1,831,276 1,756,320
19 KADUNA 3,407,222 3,174,519
20 KANO 4,975,701 4,112,039
21 KATSINA 2,827,943 2,620,096
22 KEBBI 1,470,648 1,372,630
23 KOGI 1,350,883 926,013
24 KWARA 1,142,267 884,996
25 LAGOS 5,822,207 3,767,647
26 NASARAWA 1,242,667 1,048,053
27 NIGER 2,014,317 1,682,058
28 OGUN 1,829,534 904,647
29 ONDO 1,524,655 1,110,844
30 OSUN 1,407,107 1,030,051
31 OYO 2,415,566 1,639,967
32 PLATEAU 2,001,825 1,508,585
33 RIVERS 2,537,590 2,127,837
34 SOKOTO 1,611,929 1,527,004
35 TARABA 1,340,652 1,270,889
36 YOBE 1,099,970 824,401
37 ZAMFARA 1,495,717 1,435,452
Total 68,833,476 55,904,272

I have been looking at the possible case scenario that can happen at the coming Presidential election next week based on the available data released by INEC as at 12th March 2015.
In all, 55,904,272 registered voters have collected their PVCs and let's look at some possibilities:
Lets take 80% voters' turnout across board which means we will take available figures as absolute voters per state although i foresee high, moderate and fair turn out across the states.

First : States according to the strength of each candidate - This is a general knowledge that ether candidates of PDP and the APC has their traditional states where they are strong and will capture at least 75% of votes cast.

JONATHAN
1. ABIA-1, 177,520
2. ENUGU-1,223,606
3. ANAMBRA -1,658,967
4. EBONYI - 848,392
5. IMO -1,707,449
6. RIVERS - 2,127,837
7. CROSS RIVER- 963,929
8. AKWA IBOM-1,587,566
9. BAYELSA-546,372
10. DELTA- 1,921627
11. BENUE- 1,607,800
12. 1,508,585
TOTAL - 16,879,650

BUHARI
1. SOKOTO-1,527,004
2. ZAMFARA- 1,435,452
3. KEBBI - 1,372,630
4. KATSINA- 2,620,096
5. NIGER- 1,682,058
6. KADUNA- 3,174,519
7. JIGAWA- 1,756,320
8. YOBE - 824,401
9. BORNO - 1,407,777
10. ADAMAWA- 1,381,571
11. BAUCHI-1,778,380
12. GOMBE - 1,069,635
13. NASARAWA-1,048,053
14. KANO- 4,112,039
15. KWARA - 884,996
TOTAL -26,074,931

SOME SOUTHWEST STATES
1. LAGOS - 3,767,647
2. OGUN - 904,647
3. OSUN - 1,030,051
4. OYO- 1,639,967
TOTAL - 7,342,312

SWING STATES
1. EDO -1,218,734
2. EKITI - 511,790
3. ONDO - 1,110,844
4. TARABA - 1,270,889
5. FCT - 569,109
6. KOGI - 926,013
TOTAL - 5,607,379

I have grouped these states according to the strength of each candidate. Now, many people will argue on these swing states but believe me both candidates have their strengths and weaknesses there which may compensate for each other. I will freeze some political factors and look at scenarios with these figures to see some possibilities.
1. if equal turn out is achieved across all states and voters vote according to strength of each candidate AND LETS SAY THE SWING STATES ARE SHARED 50% each include some southwest states as indicated above:

JONATHAN WINS = 16,879,650 + 3,671,156+2,803,689.5
= 23,354,495.5
BUHARI WINS = 26,074,931+3,671,156+2,803,689.5
= 32,549,776.5
VERDICT : BUHARI WINS outrightly

2. Supposing Jonathan has 25% of votes cast in Buhari's strong holds and Buhari has 10% in Jonathan's strongholds while Buhari wins 60% in some Southwest states and both share swing states 50-50 :

JONATHAN WINS =6,518,732.75+15,191, 685+2,936,934.8+2,803,689.5
= 27,451,042.05
BUHARI WINS = 19,556,198.25+1,687,965.5+4,405,387.2+2,803,689.5
= 28,453,240.45
BUHARI WINS by slim margin

3. Supposing Buhari wins 85% of votes cast in his strong areas, Jonathan win 90% in his own, Jonathan win majority in swing states say 60% and BUHARI wins 70% in some southwest states :
JONATHAN WINS = 3,911,239.65+15,191,685+3,364,427.4+2,202,693.6
= 24,670,045.65
BUHARI WINS = 31,234,226.35

A whole lots of scenario modeling can be done by you but realistically. If based on factors that can influence this election we can give
1. Buhari strong areas = between 80-90% of votes cast
2. Jonathan strong areas returning between 75-90% votes cast
3. Buhari wins at least 50% in some southwest states(realistically, he wont get less than 60%) of all votes cast
4. Jonathan and Buhari share swing states 50-50( Note, its not certain if Fayose's influence in Ekiti will matter, if it does, Jonathan wins but the total voting population is not sufficient to upturn results as Buhari is popular in Kogi and Taraba)

Low registration and PVC collection is not good for GEJ as pattern revealed Northerners can always endure long hours to vote unlike in the south where many wont do such thing.
Another factor is Lagos. THERE IS A STRONG INDICATION THAT OVER A MILLION PEOPLE MAY NOT VOTE FOR THE FOLLOWING REASONS
1. Some of registered voter actually registered close to their places of work and this affect a huge population of those that dwell in the outskirt towns of Ogun state
2. This is similarly going to affect alot of Igbo voters that registered close to their shops if they live far away means they wont be able to also vote.
3. Many Lagosians may not just vote anticipating violence or just indifference, sitting at home and watching television, this is where those who mobilized for registration in 2011 will likely have more votes.
Let me stop and read comments

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by ChristyG(f): 3:56pm On Mar 19, 2015
sunayo:

The problem with APC supporters is that you guys hate truth because your party thrives on lies and propaganda. Did you just say OPC and Afenifere have no influence in SW? Wait till 28th of March.

Again you said you know 50 people who have switched because of OPC vandalism, what a big lie from you. Well, I also know many people who will never vote anything APC in SW because of their violent and "agberoism" especially in Lagos.

Mind you, I'm Yoruba(Balogun) is my surname. I, my wife, Igbo neighbours, many relatives, many friends, most of my church members are voting GEJ. I reside in Satelite lagos. I agree more with the OP. GEJ will win SW come 28th of March. Enjoy your propaganda, lies and self deciet while it last.
anybody can claim to anything on the internet,it is allowed,u can aswell be the ooni of ife,so spare us ur 'i am yoruba' titles.of course they are some yorubas who support jonathan but they are in d minority,buhari is going to win majority of sw votes,u are the one who is enjoining the propaganda of an ijaw id1ot who thinks that because he lives in lagos then he can dictate how yorubas in other states will vote...a se yin be film trick.
Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by ajepako(f): 4:01pm On Mar 19, 2015
SeverusSnape:
That's what I've been saying, How can one say "Yorubas won't vote Jonathan", That's a myopic statement.
This is what I've been telling Rilwayne001, But he's there in Dreamland. He thinks all Yorubas are Tinubu slave...
A masterpiece from barcanista, More grease to your elbows.

I'm Yoruba, and I'm solidly behind the candidature of GEJ..
Never will be a slave or join the bound-for-destruction wagon being driven by Tinubu and his entire thieving crew..
GMB Olorun ma je oh!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by SeverusSnape(m): 4:45pm On Mar 19, 2015
ajepako:

I'm Yoruba, and I'm solidly behind the candidature of GEJ..
Never will be a slave or join the bound-for-destruction wagon being driven by Tinubu and his entire thieving crew..
GMB Olorun ma je oh!
Correct guy, I dey feel you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by Ahmeduana(m): 5:33pm On Mar 19, 2015
egift:
Here is my take:
- Buhari will have the majority votes from the SW.
- Both the APC and PDP will have at least the required 25% from each state in the SW, unlike what happened in 2011.
- In Governorship, APC will retain Lagos and Ogun. Ekiti and Osun is not in contention. Oyo and Ondo too close to call.

In summary, Buhari is the next President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
DID I HEAR YOU SAY FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA OR CONFEDRACY OF AREWANISTAN, WHICH THE HEADQUARTER WILL BE SAMBISA!
Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by beetruth: 9:14pm On Mar 19, 2015
Osun will shock a lot of people. You think hungry peeps will vote their sufferer or his party?
As for omo onile pls forget it. Not in Yoruba land. We vote for who pays us. Obj couldn't even win his ward/region in his own time. Can't wait for this election results.
I am a confirmed Yoruba and I vote GEJ
Never again will I vote the certificateless or the 'lais 'party

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by ochejoseph(m): 7:41pm On Mar 27, 2015
Tomorrow he will be crowned again
Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by Nobody: 11:17am On Mar 30, 2015
Nobody mumu reach barcanista walahi!!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by Meritbaba(m): 11:22am On Mar 30, 2015
I saw this post sometimes back and I decide to reserve my comment, now am back Barcanista how market be for SW?

5 Likes

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by superstar1(m): 11:25am On Mar 30, 2015
When we were telling him the politics of SW, he was misyarning like a professor in SW politics.

Which Oba will tell anyone whom to vote? Our politics have gotten to a level where people will collect your money and will still not vote for you.

It's about performance and perception of the people.

3 Likes

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by Scatterboss(m): 11:37am On Mar 30, 2015
superstar1:
When we were telling him the politics of SW, he was misyarning like a professor in SW politics.

Which Oba will tell anyone whom to vote? Our politics have gotten to a level where people will collect your money and will still not vote for you.

It's about performance and perception of the people.

The mofo was arguing and even telling us how we gonna vote in our region. I cant stop laughing....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by haffaze777(m): 11:45am On Mar 30, 2015
beetruth:
Osun will shock a lot of people. You think hungry peeps will vote their sufferer or his party?
As for omo onile pls forget it. Not in Yoruba land. We vote for who pays us. Obj couldn't even win his ward/region in his own time. Can't wait for this election results.
I am a confirmed Yoruba and I vote GEJ
Never again will I vote the certificateless or the 'lais 'party

how market for osun

3 Likes

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by ChristyG(f): 11:50am On Mar 30, 2015
grin grin cheesy grin cheesy grin...awon smellos oshi

SAI BUHARI cool

2 Likes

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by olapluto(m): 11:55am On Mar 30, 2015
barcanista:
We all know what happened to PDP in the SW. Oyo and Ogun were highly factionalised in 2011. Lagos has always been factionalised since 2006. The Fashola hype was at its peak in Lagos as at 2011, divided PDP votes benefitted Amosun and Ajimobi in Ogun and Oyo respectively. Unfortunately for the APC, they've lost that grassroot base in Ogun to SDP and PDP is united. In Oyo, we have a party called Accord that is causing political waves. Labour and PDP are even trailing. What Ajomobi still enjoys is nothing apart from incumbency- However, that isn't a factor in Oyo state.

As for the Presidential, Buhari is not even being campaigned for except on the minds of APC supporters. Other parties are campaigning for GEJ. The result will send some shocker when announced by inec
You were right. Have you recovered from the shock?

14 Likes

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by olapluto(m): 11:58am On Mar 30, 2015
Ngwakwe:
The unfortunate insinuation that GEJ will lose the region is from vocal minority and PVC-less Southwest social critics who have taken the media sessions to accuse their fathers, traditional authorities, religious leaders, OPC and Afanifere, of moral bankruptcy, accepting bribe and sell out.

The attitude of these sects makes me to wonder if they know the implications of their statements and the possibility of other nationalites concluding that Southwesterners are by extension what they accused their elders and traditional authorities of exhibiting.

For me I have learnt to ignore these minors and their frustrations. I can't imagine Ngwakwe disrespecting and abusing my elders because of political differences.

From every indication, Jonathan has Southwest in his bags for 2015 presidential elections - Fact

You give me good jokes. As I await the final results, this thread is the best place to be. To laugh at people like you.

8 Likes

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by Nobody: 12:01pm On Mar 30, 2015
olapluto:

. . . . . . . . shocked . . . . . . . . . . grin grin grin grin . . . . . . .that boy barcanista been hiding since march 28th . . . . . grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by Ngwakwe: 12:08pm On Mar 30, 2015
olapluto:

You give me good jokes. As I await the final results, this thread is the best place to be. To laugh at people like you.

I am counting the number of bastards from Southwest as the results are collated.

Don't forget the percentage of bastards from the region is becoming phenomenon, if we go by Ibadan declaration that any Yoruba who votes GEJ is a bastard.

2 Likes

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by Nobody: 12:10pm On Mar 30, 2015
olapluto:

What you are doing is not good o grin grin grin

You wan make person faint for your neck? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by olapluto(m): 12:12pm On Mar 30, 2015
Ngwakwe:

I am counting the number of bastards from Southwest as the results are collated.

Don't forget the percentage of bastards from the region is becoming phenomenon, if we go by Ibadan declaration that any Yoruba who votes GEJ is a bastard.
Well, lets say 30% of Oyo state are Igbos. In Ekiti, 60%, Ogun, 35%, Lagos, 40%. Sounds about right to me.
Shame never catch you to hide your head ba!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Photos From South-East APC For Buhari Rally / Okorocha Replies APC, I’m Not A Bad Loser / Soldiers, Militants Clash Claims Three In Delta - PUNCH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.