Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,204 members, 7,836,004 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

How A Rule-breaking Kenyan Succeeded In The Hair Industry… In South Africa - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How A Rule-breaking Kenyan Succeeded In The Hair Industry… In South Africa (396 Views)

I Didn't Go To The University, Yet I've Succeeded-folorusho Alakija / Rule Your World On How To Make Books/you Can Do It Yourself / About The Hair Extension Business. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How A Rule-breaking Kenyan Succeeded In The Hair Industry… In South Africa by GoodGovernance: 6:53am On Mar 17, 2015
BY KARIMI KIAMBI

Yesterday I had the pleasure of chatting with Tracy Wangari – an expert hairstylist and entrepreneur known for her extraordinary skill and good service. A Kenyan national, Tracy launched her Cape Town-based salon in 1999 and maintains a hands-on role in the now successful venture.

The salon is located in a busy shopping area near the University of Cape Town – a major source of business, she says.
Assisted by two employees, she proceeds to work on a client’s hair, transforming her in front of my eyes. I watch her intently, noticing the command and confidence – an aura that seems to communicate, “I am great at what I do. I help to make women look their best.”
The salon was started with very little capital, just enough to meet rent and buy basic equipment and products. Now her small business brings in profits close to R500,000 (about $42,000) a year.

Be inspired,read the full story of this successful entrepreneur at:

http://businessafricans..com/2015/03/how-rule-breaking-kenyan-succeeded-in.html

(1) (Reply)

Any Good Fiction/nonfiction Writer? / Missing $20 Billion: NNPC Refuses To Pay Recovered $1.48bn, States Begin Probe / Who Needs A Custom Blog?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.