Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,269 members, 7,826,034 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers (42847 Views)

Beware Of These Scammers In Town. Am A Victim. (pics)!! / See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) / 4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by Provie(m): 1:58pm On Apr 12, 2015
yomalex:
it's actually Firstbank LIMITED

SMH
Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by InvertedHammer: 2:13pm On Apr 12, 2015
If you are using a computer, move the mouse over the "From" and the original email address of the sender will pop up. Even though the source may say First Bank or any entity, you will find out that it was sent from a private emailbox.

Then delete.
/
Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by chupcake(m): 3:37pm On Apr 12, 2015
First things first... Your bank will never ever send you an email with a link in it. Get that people.
Secondly, when logging into your account online, make sure you type the address on the url bar and keep an eye out for the https and not http. Make sure the address in the url bar is the same as your bank website. They will never call or email to ask for your details.
Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by chupcake(m): 3:41pm On Apr 12, 2015
InvertedHammer:
If you are using a computer, move the mouse over the "From" and the original email address of the sender will pop up. Even though the source may say First Bank or any entity, you will find out that it was sent from a private emailbox.

Then delete.
/

Those spammers that send from private emails are lazy. Cloning an email address is pretty easy. Its easier that coding the html email gan sef.
Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by InvertedHammer: 3:47pm On Apr 12, 2015
chupcake:

Those spammers that send from private emails are lazy. Cloning an email address is pretty easy. Its easier that coding the html email gan sef.

/
Cloning is easy. But a lot of people using emails are not tech-savvy. That's why some people
can be scammed easily.

But the mouse over the address tells you the return address.

Usually, they may add a little change to your original email address making it hard for unsuspecting recipients.

You should be very concerned about the sender as well as the receiver.

For example: michael12@yahoo.com becomes micheal12@yahoo.com.

Notice the spelling of michael vs. micheal.

\
Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by msb247(m): 5:09pm On Apr 12, 2015
I suspected this right from the onset but I got curious because the sender was ...@gtbank.com. When I followed the link, the address displayed by the browser was "http://syphercore.com/darkbat.com/gtbankreference2.php"

What I did was to use "syphercore@darkbat.co.xx" as my email, "idiaattt" as my username, "bastard" as the password, and "654321" as my token wink cheesy grin

Funny enough, I use GTB and its online banking system although I later noticed that it wasn't even sent to the email address registered with the bank

Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by yomalex(m): 5:22pm On Apr 12, 2015
Provie:

SMH
No Need to shake your head, a little enquiry would have helped. Visit www.firstbanknigeria.com and check the details on the footer. I hope the image helps

Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by Nobody: 6:07pm On Apr 12, 2015
tempest01:
Old ploy though

Teach me d new one....

scammerHacker smiley
Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by tempest01(m): 6:45pm On Apr 12, 2015
GFamous:

Teach me d new one....

scammerHacker smiley
LOL....you go pay small money...I go send you tools and ebook wink
Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by Provie(m): 10:30pm On Apr 12, 2015
yomalex:
No Need to shake your head, a little enquiry would have helped. Visit www.firstbanknigeria.com and check the details on the footer. I hope the image helps

Firstbank like many others initially operated as a private company but later went public. It is CURRENTLY a Public Limited Company (Plc) and not a Private Limited Company (Ltd).
Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by yomalex(m): 11:56pm On Apr 12, 2015
Provie:

Firstbank like many others initially operated as a private company but later went public. It is CURRENTLY a Public Limited Company (Plc) and not a Private Limited Company (Ltd).
Guy I tire for you o, did you even check the image I posted? This is publicly available information.
FirstBank Limited, FBN Capital Limited, Fbn insurance Limited, Fbn insurance brokers limited and FBN Microfinance bank Limited are all under FBN Holdings PLC. I would not respond to you again
Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by Provie(m): 11:25am On Apr 13, 2015
yomalex:

Guy I tire for you o, did you even check the image I posted? This is publicly available information.
FirstBank Limited, FBN Capital Limited, Fbn insurance Limited, Fbn insurance brokers limited and FBN Microfinance bank Limited are all under FBN Holdings PLC. I would not respond to you again

Ok. Thank u sir.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad??? / Naira Exchange Rates Today / Gideon Ime Charlie, Lekki Groundnut Seller Who Earns N1,500 Per Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.