Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,318 members, 7,864,523 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 07:49 PM

President Jonathan Does Not Know The Defeat That Awaits - I Pity Him - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Does Not Know The Defeat That Awaits - I Pity Him (1122 Views)

Women Celebrate The "Defeat Of Boko Haram" In Abuja (Photos) / The Defeat Of President Buhari’s Idealism - Femi Aribisala / Nigerian Soldiers Dancing Skelewu After The Defeat Of Boko Haram In Baja ( Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Jonathan Does Not Know The Defeat That Awaits - I Pity Him by socialmediaman: 7:15pm On Mar 17, 2015
I see Jonathan flying around the country dolling out cash and drumming up support, oblivious of the defeat that awaits him. We the citizens keep watching and waiting. On March 28, 2015, the turnout at the polls will be very exasperating, unable to contain. That is when the reality will set in for the president and his handlers. It will be a massive turnout of rebellious votes. I can already see it happening.

One thing the president grossly missed was the voice of the youths, not the celebrities among them, not the privileged ones among them, but the unemployed ones, the ones who roam the streets, the ones who have the highest numbers out there, the ones who are in the millions; their votes will be very rebellious.

These are the people whose mindset were captured in the "change" mantra. These are the people whom Gen. Buhari have connected deeply with. These people will not let go of the flint of hope that this election holds for them. They find hope in the man who promises some justice for them. They seek justice for the people who laughed at them while they were on the streets seeking sold out jobs, while they were in examination centers writing tests for unavailable jobs, while they were stampeded and trampled upon during job immigration scams, while they were bullied by corrupt people in government who had no respect for less fortunate ones.... All these things happening under the watch of the president

Just because of the elections, the president has made desperate moves, he reduced the price of petrol, he compensated the relatives of people who lost their lives during the immigration job scam, he started fighting insurgency in the north, and now has reduced electricity tariff. All these, in a desperation to win election, but it is too late.

Nigerians have all received their share of the money distributed. They are thankful that the desperation has put some money into their empty pockets, but they are getting ready for the 28th. This is the first time i have seen youths visibly angry and shout down on their traditional leaders on issues concerning the president's re-election.

The most votes President Buhari will get in Southern Nigeria (especially the south east and south south) are not those of passionate supporters, but those of angry sympathizers. The nation's youths want to prove a point this time, that when they elect a president, that president should get down to business. It took the president too long to realize that there was a silent anger breeding in the nation. The president's handlers were full of themselves that they took the grievances of the people for granted. They would shout down and insult anyone who complained. They thought disadvantaged people were insignificant. They thought that when it was time for election, they would be able to create fear in people and let them vote the president back in again, but they were wrong.

One of the biggest errors of the campaign strategy was focusing attention on Buhari, trying to create an atmosphere of fear. It made many of us to do some research since he was all over the news, then what did we see and hear? promise of change and zero tolerance on corruption. The documentary video which was to put Buhari in a bad light was the final kill, this is actually what Nigerians want from their leader, they want him to have the heart to jail or execute corrupt people (not literally), they wanted someone who would pay the oppressors back with justice. And the chattam house event allayed the fears of the people about him. We also saw every international media backing Buhari, did you think that didnt matter? If you dont know that it mattered, read about how western condemnation of leaders strengthened the arab revolution. thats by the way.

The final blow will come on March 28, people are earnestly waiting. A friend of mine called from far away south eastern Nigeria asking if am getting the president's national cake, i was surprised the president didnt enjoy as much support in south east as being projected, the turnout will be low because many people are also tired of the president over there but they cannot express themselves publicly, so they will rather sit in their houses since they will not be voting for Buhari

The president will have himself to blame for surrounding himself with proud, self centered and greedy people. The problem is, he never understood the problem of the people. Families are sharply divided on this election even in the president's strongholds. Do not trust what you see online, many igbos are as angry with the president as Yorubas. the difference is that their anger will expressed with either a low turnout, or pockets of rebel votes for those willing to take a chance with the opposition who are promising a better life

My question is, how does a whole president of a country not understand that he must show zero tolerance on corruption and public office impunity, the biggest challenges plaguing a nation? People are grossly affected by these crimes which have been condoned by this government.

Nigeria is for the first time going to witness a rebellion, call it revolution if you like, against a sitting president, using the polls.

16 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Does Not Know The Defeat That Awaits - I Pity Him by TI1919(m): 7:17pm On Mar 17, 2015
Is good to console yourself and your group but only God gives victory you don't get victory by uttering anything that comes from your deceitful heart.
No body will want to fall, anybody that won the election will be my next President be that as it may; me and my family will vote GEJ.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan Does Not Know The Defeat That Awaits - I Pity Him by IanDiamonds: 7:19pm On Mar 17, 2015
Well said bro

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan Does Not Know The Defeat That Awaits - I Pity Him by viczing(m): 7:21pm On Mar 17, 2015
[s][/s]
socialmediaman:
I see Jonathan flying around the country dolling out cash and drumming up support, oblivious of the defeat that awaits him. We the citizens keep watching and waiting. On March 28, 2015, the turnout at the polls will be very exasperating, unable to contain. That is when the reality will set in for the president and his handlers. It will be a massive turnout of rebellious votes. I can already see it happening.

One thing the president grossly missed was the voice of the youths, not the celebrities among them, not the privileged ones among them, but the unemployed ones, the ones who roam the streets, the ones who have the highest numbers out there, the ones who are in the millions; their votes will be very rebellious.

These are the people whose mindset were captured in the "change" mantra. These are the people whom Gen. Buhari have connected deeply with. These people will not let go of the flinter of hope that this election holds for them. They find hope in the man who promises some justice for them. They seek justice for the people who laughed at them while they were on the streets seeking sold out jobs, while they were in examination centers writing tests for unavailable jobs, while they were stampeded and trampled upon during job immigration scams, while they were bullied by corrupt people in government who had no respect for less fortunate ones.... All these things happening under the watch of the president

Just because of the elections, the president has made desperate moves, he reduced the price of petrol, he compensated the relatives of people who lost their lives during the immigration job scam, he started fighting insurgency in the north, and now has reduced electricity tariff. All these, in a desperation to win election, but it is too late.

Nigerians have all received their share of the money distributed. They are thankful that the desperation has put some money into their empty pockets, but they are getting ready for the 28th. This is the first time i have seen youths visibly angry and shout down on their traditional leaders on issues concerning the president's election.

The most votes President Buhari will get in Southern Nigeria are not those of passionate supporters, but those of angry sympathizers. The nation's youths want to prove a point this time, that when they elect a president, that president should get down to business. It took the president too long to realize that there was a silent anger breeding in the nation. The president's handlers will full of themselves that they took the grievances of the people for granted. They would shout down and insult anyone who complained. They thought disadvantaged people were insignificant. They thought that when it was time for election, they would be able to create fear in people and let them vote the president back in again, but they were wrong.

One of the biggest errors of the campaign strategy was focusing attention on Buhari, trying to create an atmosphere of fear. It made many of us to do some research since he was all over the news, then what did we see and hear? promise of change and zero tolerance on corruption. The documentary video which was to put Buhari in a bad light was the final kill, this is actually what Nigerians want from their leader, they want him to have the heart to jail or execute corrupt people (not literally), they wanted someone who would pay the oppressors back with justice. And the chattam house event allayed the fears of the people about him. We also saw every international media backing Buhari, did you think that didnt matter? If you dont know that it mattered, read about how western condemnation of leaders strengthened the arab revolution. thats by the way.

The final blow will come on March 28, people are earnestly waiting. A friend of mine called from far away south eastern Nigeria asking if am getting the president's national cake, i was surprised the president didnt enjoy as much support in south east as being projected, the turnout will be low because many people are also tired of the president over there but they cannot express themselves publicly, so they will rather sit in their houses since they will not be voting for Buhari

The president will have himself to blame for surrounding himself with proud, self centered and greedy people. The problem is, he never understood the problem of the people. Families are sharply divided on this election even in the president's strongholds. Do not trust what you see online, many igbos are as angry with the president as Yorubas. the difference is that their anger will expressed with either a low turnout, or pockets of rebel votes for those willing to take a chance with the opposition who are promising a better life

My question is, how does a whole president of a country not understand that he must show zero tolerance on corruption and public office impunity, the biggest challenges plaguing a nation? People are grossly affected by these crimes which have been condoned by this government.

Nigeria is for the first time going to witness a rebellion, call it revolution if you like, against a sitting president, using the polls.

[s][/s] pity your sorry ass first

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Does Not Know The Defeat That Awaits - I Pity Him by AndreRose(f): 7:24pm On Mar 17, 2015
All I see in this epistle is one doesn't do his research work well. which youths are you talking about that decided? Make your head account again because am sure come march 28 Good luck will emerge once again. Op just stop giving your self hope, APC is going down.
#team PDP
Re: President Jonathan Does Not Know The Defeat That Awaits - I Pity Him by ArchEnemy(m): 7:25pm On Mar 17, 2015
Op, you cannot be so sure.

GEJ got it wrong in some areas........but people are wary of the men behind GMB

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Does Not Know The Defeat That Awaits - I Pity Him by Sooroptimist: 7:33pm On Mar 17, 2015
OP

God bless you for this STRAIGHT FROM THE HEART treatise

It captures the real issues happening amongst the deprived citizens of Nigeria.......

PDP/Jonathan are mortally jittery hence have been throwing everything including the kitchen sink into this election......they are using a combination of fear,threat,bribery and outright illegality to coerce and hoodwink everyone but as i have come to discover people are resolute about sending PDP packing

For the past 3 months,i have spoken with close to 400 people via many outlets and 90% of them are stubbornly locked on the CHANGE mantra of APC and there is nothing Jonathan can do about it

We must not lose our focus at this dying minute as this election will send a strong message to all politicians both in APC and PDP that Nigerians are now ever ready to deal with any party that seek to take them for granted

7 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Does Not Know The Defeat That Awaits - I Pity Him by rusher14: 7:34pm On Mar 17, 2015
So Jonathan knew the right thing to do all along but thought the people didn't matter, they came secondary.

Fighting insurgency, lowering electricity tariffs 6-2 weeks to the elections is quite patronising of the very people he swore to protect and defend.

Certainly he would do worse if re-elected, as this only goes to show he doesn't have the welfare of the public paramount in his list of priorities.

It would be a travesty if by any measure of justice if this incompetent, bungling bandit is allowed to rule a second term.

The people deserve better.

7 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Does Not Know The Defeat That Awaits - I Pity Him by Tallesty1(m): 7:34pm On Mar 17, 2015
socialmediaman:

These are the people whose mindset were captured in the "change" mantra. These are the people whom Gen. Buhari have connected deeply with. These people will not let go of the flint of hope that this election holds for them. They find hope in the man who promises some justice for them. They seek justice for the people who laughed at them while they were on the streets seeking sold out jobs, while they were in examination centers writing tests for unavailable jobs, while they were stampeded and trampled upon during job immigration scams, while they were bullied by corrupt people in government who had no respect for less fortunate ones.... All these things happening under the watch of the president

Nigerians have all received their share of the money distributed. They are thankful that the desperation has put some money into their empty pockets, but they are getting ready for the 28th. This is the first time i have seen youths visibly angry and shout down on their traditional leaders on issues concerning the president's re-election.

The most votes President Buhari will get in Southern Nigeria (especially the south east and south south) are not those of passionate supporters, but those of angry sympathizers. The nation's youths want to prove a point this time, that when they elect a president, that president should get down to business. It took the president too long to realize that there was a silent anger breeding in the nation. The president's handlers were full of themselves that they took the grievances of the people for granted. They would shout down and insult anyone who complained. They thought disadvantaged people were insignificant. They thought that when it was time for election, they would be able to create fear in people and let them vote the president back in again, but they were wrong.

Re: President Jonathan Does Not Know The Defeat That Awaits - I Pity Him by Sweetguy25: 7:36pm On Mar 17, 2015
You just wrote a drum of trash, motivated by hate and mental myopia.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Does Not Know The Defeat That Awaits - I Pity Him by Change2015(m): 7:59pm On Mar 17, 2015
Truly straight from the heart. Jonathans last minute repentance and actions betray him as a self-serving and still thoughtless leader ready to bankrupt the country to retain his position that was freely and cheerfully given in 2011. All the goodwill he has squandered... All the hopes he has thrashed. People are angry and last minute bribes only expose his character negatively. Our Sovereign territory has been violated and yet he still entertains militants and political charlatans who say the most outrageous things on his behalf, even treasonous comments! It just shocks me that a man of so little intelligence, personality and talent could climb so far in our polity. We need to tell ourselves #neveragain will we be taken for such a disastrous ride. To show how much the tide has changed, we now mock him with his shoeless comment, when once it endeared him to the common man. I pray he lives long to regret the folly of his leadership and to discover that friends you 'buy' are really not worth having.

#change
#GMB
#APC

6 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Does Not Know The Defeat That Awaits - I Pity Him by Ikwokrikwo: 8:54pm On Mar 17, 2015
You are a social media man, no wonder.
I have news for you though, elections are not won on social media.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Does Not Know The Defeat That Awaits - I Pity Him by collinsVP: 10:48pm On Mar 17, 2015
Hmmm i wish everybody was capable of understanding how callous the administration had been prior to the time it got the signal that it is on it's own come march 28. I do not see them salvaging the situation such that will make them win the election in a free and fair context. I am so embarrassed by the level of compromise exhibited by GEJ on key economic issues. Why has Nigeria no functioning refinery which was the reasons behind fuel subsidy removal. Our laws are like cob webs that can only catch ants while rodents would always break away( inpunity). Since the failure of this regime, most nigerians are downcast given the level of support they showered to GEJ in 2011. See me, I do not know how to end my coment." Sobs"

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Does Not Know The Defeat That Awaits - I Pity Him by kumbisaleh: 11:38pm On Mar 17, 2015
If President Jonathan had hopes of winning the forthcoming election he wouldn't be doling out money and embarking on populist agenda now. He missed the opportunity to endear himself to most Nigerians. Sadly, he has to pay the price for his nonchalance.
Re: President Jonathan Does Not Know The Defeat That Awaits - I Pity Him by pegasusautos: 1:23am On Mar 18, 2015
my friend you are chatting shiit, speak only for yourself!

socialmediaman:

Re: President Jonathan Does Not Know The Defeat That Awaits - I Pity Him by GeneralBosco: 2:04am On Mar 18, 2015
grin
The TANOIDS are dumbfounded! They cant disprove these facts grin grin
Re: President Jonathan Does Not Know The Defeat That Awaits - I Pity Him by tatosh: 2:12am On Mar 18, 2015
The road to Otueke has never been wider

(1) (Reply)

Important: Updated Nairaland's Rule 2 Is Being Enforced -kudos Seun And His Mods / Why Abdulsalami Abubakar Led Alison-madueke To Beg President Jonathan / Get Great Shopping Deals On Jumia Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.