Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

How Will You React When Your Wife Call You Oponu(idiot - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Will You React When Your Wife Call You Oponu(idiot (3212 Views)

"She Carry Belle For Front & Back" - Media React To Lady's Pregnancy Photo / How Would You React If Your Newly Married Wife Told You This / How Would You React When You Find Your Child Quietly Enjoying Himself Like This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Will You React When Your Wife Call You Oponu(idiot by stone07(m): 10:20pm On Mar 17, 2015
Pls young husband in the house. What will be your reaction if your wife called you Oponu,idiot or all sorts of nasty names like that when both of you have misunderstanding. This happened to a friend when he was correcting his wife on something she did wrong.
Re: How Will You React When Your Wife Call You Oponu(idiot by SAMBARRY: 10:32pm On Mar 17, 2015
grin grin grin tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Will You React When Your Wife Call You Oponu(idiot by ayowonder(m): 10:51pm On Mar 17, 2015
telos the truth it happened to you and not any friend

4 Likes

Re: How Will You React When Your Wife Call You Oponu(idiot by Dyt(f): 10:53pm On Mar 17, 2015
ayowonder:
telos the truth it happened to you and not any friend

He def must be oponu
cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Will You React When Your Wife Call You Oponu(idiot by Skillfullulu(m): 11:35pm On Mar 17, 2015
My babe recently said, lulu "ode" ni e. She did say it with respect,we had an arguement. I felt bad to have been told that, but there are rewards for such saying.
Re: How Will You React When Your Wife Call You Oponu(idiot by Nobody: 4:11am On Mar 18, 2015
you will call her apoda.

5 Likes

Re: How Will You React When Your Wife Call You Oponu(idiot by Ewuro4: 4:34am On Mar 18, 2015
Dyt:

He def must be oponu
cheesy cheesy cheesy

cheesy kai kai

OP.... That is not a befitting name to throw around at one's better half. People should take a deep breath before saying regretful words, it cuts deep especially when the abusee is not very good with words.

The husband should just take a hike to avoid 'stories that touch' jare

To non-Yoruba speaking folks : OPONU is synonymous with dumb or numbskull .

2 Likes

Re: How Will You React When Your Wife Call You Oponu(idiot by RoyalRoy(m): 9:00am On Mar 18, 2015
Verbal abuse is a no-no in a relationship and marriage!!

When a partner can't guard their tongue and call the other derogatory names out of anger, then they need help.

If a woman calls me "OPONU", it should be either my mother or someone much more older. Definitely not my wife or girlfriend.

Take a break and review past cases of abuse, if it's a constant thing with her, then you might have ended up with an ill-bred partner.

Report her to her parents.

2 Likes

Re: How Will You React When Your Wife Call You Oponu(idiot by stone07(m): 11:06am On Mar 18, 2015
The husband even said he will send her packing that he is tired of her bad attitude, despite all he has done to satisfy and make her comfortable.

1 Like

Re: How Will You React When Your Wife Call You Oponu(idiot by Lumpyy(f): 5:55pm On Mar 18, 2015
Why would any use such word on the person you Love?it will keep ringing in thier ears but wait o,it cant b her first time,shed have been calling small small names and the Op not telling her its bad grin
Re: How Will You React When Your Wife Call You Oponu(idiot by zeb04(f): 6:03pm On Mar 18, 2015
What does it mean?
Re: How Will You React When Your Wife Call You Oponu(idiot by cococandy(f): 6:11pm On Mar 18, 2015
What does it mean?
Re: How Will You React When Your Wife Call You Oponu(idiot by mytime24(f): 7:20pm On Mar 18, 2015
Dunno d meanin, abi na french Word
Re: How Will You React When Your Wife Call You Oponu(idiot by Nobody: 8:02pm On Mar 18, 2015
Deviance, disrespect, low self-control in marriage.....
I wonder how she would tell her kids(if any) "do not insult! Its sinful and hurting to use abusive words on anyone" undecided

2 Likes

Re: How Will You React When Your Wife Call You Oponu(idiot by freecocoa(f): 8:12pm On Mar 18, 2015
grin grin grin

I don't even know why I'm laughing but OP, hope the man doesn't call her names too? Let it not be that he's fuming because he thinks as a man, he shouldn't be talked down to but can do same to her.

No one deserves to be abused.
Re: How Will You React When Your Wife Call You Oponu(idiot by bennyrazz: 9:15pm On Mar 18, 2015
wife call your friend oponu? well your friend should warn his wife sternly never to insult him again or else she would reap the consequences of her actions. I really don't know why some Nigerian women can control their tongues.
Re: How Will You React When Your Wife Call You Oponu(idiot by cococandy(f): 9:18pm On Mar 18, 2015
Somebody tell me what it means na angry
Re: How Will You React When Your Wife Call You Oponu(idiot by coogar: 9:22pm On Mar 18, 2015
mytime24:
Dunno d meanin, abi na french Word

it means mumu!
Re: How Will You React When Your Wife Call You Oponu(idiot by Feraz(m): 9:41pm On Mar 18, 2015
Yomieluv:
you will call her apoda.
grin grin
Re: How Will You React When Your Wife Call You Oponu(idiot by edwife(f): 10:03pm On Mar 18, 2015
Why call names?I just don't understand how some people are quick with throwing insult even when it not necessary. undecided

Very unladylike.... undecided
Re: How Will You React When Your Wife Call You Oponu(idiot by slimyem: 11:27pm On Mar 18, 2015
coogar:

it means mumu!
It is deeper than that.Mumu is nicer cool
Re: How Will You React When Your Wife Call You Oponu(idiot by coogar: 11:28pm On Mar 18, 2015
slimyem:
It is deeper than that.Mumu is nicer cool

ok....
tell me in detailed explanation - what is oponu?
Re: How Will You React When Your Wife Call You Oponu(idiot by slimyem: 11:35pm On Mar 18, 2015
coogar:

ok....
tell me in detailed explanation - what is oponu?
I didn't say you were totally out of line. Mumu just does not hit as much as oponu would.
The two can substitute but it doesn't mean their weights are the same.

Advice the op.
What would you do if your wife calls you that?
Re: How Will You React When Your Wife Call You Oponu(idiot by coogar: 11:37pm On Mar 18, 2015
slimyem:
I didn't say you were totally out of line. Mumu just does not hit as much as oponu would.
The two can substitute but it doesn't mean their weights are the same.

Advice the op.
What would you do if your wife calls you that?

get a very flexible cane.
ask my meiguard to back her like a mother backs a child.......i would then go to work with 12 brain-reseting strokes of the cane on her bütt.
Re: How Will You React When Your Wife Call You Oponu(idiot by Ewuro4: 12:36am On Mar 19, 2015
Re: How Will You React When Your Wife Call You Oponu(idiot by Pyroclast(m): 12:41am On Mar 19, 2015
Oponu=idi.ot
Apoda=imbe.cile
Re: How Will You React When Your Wife Call You Oponu(idiot by Nobody: 12:55am On Mar 19, 2015
I cannot imagine ever calling my hubby oponu, I may mutter under my breath dumbass but I would never say it out loud grin
Re: How Will You React When Your Wife Call You Oponu(idiot by Nobody: 5:01am On Mar 19, 2015
I will say tolerance is the key here. Women say worse things than this to the men (husbands). Men should just learn to tolerate and move on with their lives. I guess only the married ones here know this. No matter how godly a woman is, you may not be able to take that aspect of derogatory statements out of her but for God's divine touch. That does not mean you shouldn't express your displeasure to her at the right time. Thanks. ........................................buy 1GB MTN Data plan for N1,200 only. 30 days duration. 24/7 services available. Call: 08107873795. Thanks & God bless.

1 Like

Re: How Will You React When Your Wife Call You Oponu(idiot by juman(m): 8:38am On Mar 19, 2015
The husband should call her oponu back and should then try to resolve their issue.

Life continue. grin
Re: How Will You React When Your Wife Call You Oponu(idiot by Wendy80(f): 6:11pm On Mar 19, 2015
Ur wifey insulted U and u are asking NLanders what to do.. kiss her.
I wonder why we live our life on social media now.
Beside wifey calling hubby name is a big no no. What will she tell her kids?
Smh for some women.
Re: How Will You React When Your Wife Call You Oponu(idiot by Nobody: 9:54pm On Mar 19, 2015
ROTFL cheesy grin

Oponu, ode, eleyin jegejege, amongst
others are the names my neighbor calls her very gentle and loving husband embarassed

I wonder why a woman will use such foul language on her husband. This is a man that takes care of her in all ways... Anyways she overdid it one very bad day, her husband gave her d beating of her life. He dealth with her ruthlessly and I was veryyyyyyy Happy about it cry

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mature Advice Only Please / Comparative Analysis Between Wives Of Today And Those Of Yesterday / Nigerian Parents Are The Bane Of Growth And Development In This Country.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.