Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,858 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:38 AM

Fashola Replies Ruben Abati On Jonathsns Visit On Robbery Day In Lekki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Replies Ruben Abati On Jonathsns Visit On Robbery Day In Lekki (20235 Views)

U.S. Institute Of Peace Confirms Aisha Buhari's Visit On Its Twitter & Facebook / Reuben Abati On Point Again.. / Fashola Replies GEJ. "Spend 5 Days In Chibok And You'll Know What Bondage Is (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Replies Ruben Abati On Jonathsns Visit On Robbery Day In Lekki by jojotemitopaz(m): 7:09am On Mar 18, 2015
Governor Babatunde Fashola has dismissed the attack on his person by the Presidency over his comments that the Lekki robbery incident was successful due to the presence of President Jonathan in Lagos.

The Lagos governor had while reacting to a robbery operation at the Lekki area of Lagos alleged that all security personnel in the state were deployed to protect the president, making the state porous and vulnerable to criminals, hence the reason for the robbery incident in Lekki where three policemen and a teenager were killed.

But reacting, the Presidency through its spokesman, Reuben Abati said the statement was irresponsible and unintelligent of the person of Governor Babatunde Fashola.

Fashola in a fresh statement has however reiterated his earlier position, saying that Abati was completely oblivious of the traffic and security situation in Lagos, going by his reaction.

In the statement, Fashola further demystified the ‘real meaning’ of being unintelligent.

The statement reads: “From the statement credited to the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity. Dr. Reuben Abatti over the comments of His Excellency, Governor of Lagos State, Mr. Babatunde Raji Fashola, SAN, on the deployment of police during the visit of the president, it is obvious he is ignorant of the traffic and security menace, his principal constitutes whenever he visits any part of the country. It should also interest the ‘Vuvuzuela’ of President Jonathan that during these visits, which most of the times are for campaign hustles, the entire Police and other security network are put on high alert to pay attention to the presidential visits leaving the citizens vulnerable to the reckless gallivanting of the visitor.

‘’Abati must be sleeping or indulging in his usual pastimes not to understand ‘route lining’ where every available policeman on duty is deployed to man routes where the President would pass through. It is not the statement of the Governor that is unintelligent, the unintelligent thing here is the inability of the President to weigh public interest above personal ambition.

‘’The unintelligent thing here is not to know the importance of the Police as an institution that deserves adequate funding to carry out its function of protecting life and property. The unintelligent thing is the Federal Government dodging its constitutional responsibility of which the Police is one of them.

‘’Governor Fashola is a very responsible Governor who put the people first ahead of himself, and this he has demonstrated over the years. He made reference to the dead policemen because he feels responsible to them. At the event, he prayed for the repose of their souls and enjoined the audience to stand with him in a one minute-silence over the fallen heroes whom he concluded died in the cause of serving their country.

‘’Abati could not comprehend why Governor Fashola would be shocked at the death of three policemen; we have not had such an experience in the past two years here in Lagos where policemen are killed by armed robbers. This is a different situation where it took the death of almost 20,000 citizens before someone started to take action. When the ocean surge was going to wipe out a whole community within the Lekki area, Fashola was there.

‘’When the Dana aircraft crashed in Iju, Fashola was not only there, his arrival at the scene was prompt, and for the first time in the history of Nigeria, we saw a systematic and methodological approach to emergency management. Mass DNA was conducted to identify the charred bodies of the victims. Trauma and psychological centres were established to attend to the families of the victims. As recent as few days ago, Fashola was at Papa Ashafa and Agege communities where rainstorm wreaked havoc.

‘’When Abati’s principal was holed up in Aso Rock Villa with his tails between his legs during the outbreak of the Ebola Virus in Nigeria, Fashola’s face was the succour and hope Nigerians saw. He was the only person the victims and survivors saw.

‘’So, this vuvuzuela should be courteous in his choice of words. We are, however, not surprised. Abatti is a serial reckless talker that likes listening to himself, and only thinks after talking. Latter converts like him acts up to become more Catholic than the Pope because of the fear to the past after the allure of office. His recent unguarded statement about General Muhammadu Buhari (Rtd) is still very fresh.

‘’If the retired General had not been a statesman, only God knows where Abati would be by now. It’s time someone close to this garrulous man tells him to start measuring his utterances.’’

http://dailypost.ng/2015/03/17/lekki-robbery-fashola-blasts-abati-over-ignorant-statement/

86 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola Replies Ruben Abati On Jonathsns Visit On Robbery Day In Lekki by hamaworld(m): 7:12am On Mar 18, 2015
I no de comment
Re: Fashola Replies Ruben Abati On Jonathsns Visit On Robbery Day In Lekki by mycar: 7:13am On Mar 18, 2015
Fashola goofed, he should own up and apologise.

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fashola Replies Ruben Abati On Jonathsns Visit On Robbery Day In Lekki by Glowstone(m): 7:15am On Mar 18, 2015
I blame Jonathan that FFK is a bastard

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Replies Ruben Abati On Jonathsns Visit On Robbery Day In Lekki by Nobody: 7:23am On Mar 18, 2015
mycar:
what goof? If not that our reasoning as nigerians has been so bastardized by our corrupt leaders that we can't see how the president's visit is connected to the robbery(not saying he perpetrated it).

Robbers of such calibre do not operate without solid information. How well do you think they can operate when they get info from the police themselves about how majority of their men will be at alert concerning the president's visit? Maybe these robbers have been studying the trend of mr president's visit and must have noticed how concentrated on him the nigeria police are whenever he visits any state, a thing they took advantage of.

It's just so sad that here in nigeria, we ignore little signs that might lead to the solving of big cases.

Illiterates everywhere.

247 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Fashola Replies Ruben Abati On Jonathsns Visit On Robbery Day In Lekki by DaBullIT(m): 7:23am On Mar 18, 2015
Life's SHORT ,Vote APC

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Replies Ruben Abati On Jonathsns Visit On Robbery Day In Lekki by midolian(m): 7:32am On Mar 18, 2015
Segeggs:
what goof? If not that our reasoning as nigerians has been so bastardized by our corrupt leaders that we can't see how the president's visit is connected to the robbery(not saying he perpetrated it).

Robbers of such calibre do not operate without solid information. How well do you think they can operate when they get info from the police themselves about how majority of their men will be at alert concerning the president's visit? Maybe these robbers have been studying the trend of mr president's visit and must have noticed how concentrated on him the nigeria police are whenever he visits any state, a thing they took advantage of.

It's just so sad that here in nigeria, we ignore little signs that might lead to the solving of big cases.

Illiterates everywhere.

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fashola Replies Ruben Abati On Jonathsns Visit On Robbery Day In Lekki by Bruteforce1o1: 7:46am On Mar 18, 2015
Anything that involves GEJ must turn badluck- Rev Father Mbaka (2015)

72 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fashola Replies Ruben Abati On Jonathsns Visit On Robbery Day In Lekki by oladele97: 7:47am On Mar 18, 2015
Segeggs:

Illiterates everywhere.

God bless u my brother.....robbers can't just operate without a strong information about the security of a particular area.

116 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Fashola Replies Ruben Abati On Jonathsns Visit On Robbery Day In Lekki by GenIgrigi: 7:57am On Mar 18, 2015
Segeggs:
[s]what goof? If not that our reasoning as nigerians has been so bastardized by our corrupt leaders that we can't see how the president's visit is connected to the robbery(not saying he perpetrated it).

Illiterates everywhere.[/s]

**grins** Who takes the opinion of an illiterate Barman serious?**LOLS**

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Replies Ruben Abati On Jonathsns Visit On Robbery Day In Lekki by Nobody: 8:01am On Mar 18, 2015
Fashola shut up!!! Own up to your resonaibilities you dimwit. Did you blame GEJ for the awesome federal roads he's building? No. You kept mute leaving the impression that you were the one that built those roads. Shame on you!!! See what politics of getting oil well has done to this man. Too bad you won't get anything tho cos Buhari would never win nothing

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fashola Replies Ruben Abati On Jonathsns Visit On Robbery Day In Lekki by Nobody: 8:03am On Mar 18, 2015
DaBullIT:
Life's SHORT ,Vote APC
go to your village and say this.. Let your people stone you to death

8 Likes

Re: Fashola Replies Ruben Abati On Jonathsns Visit On Robbery Day In Lekki by Nobody: 8:04am On Mar 18, 2015
oladele97:

God bless u my brother.....robbers can't just operate without a strong information about the security of a particular area.
and who's fault is it? I bet you didn't know that there are certain levels of govt. ignoring the govt closest to the people and blaming the top govt is not only ignorant but foolish

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Replies Ruben Abati On Jonathsns Visit On Robbery Day In Lekki by Nobody: 8:10am On Mar 18, 2015
GenIgrigi:

**grins** Who takes the opinion of an illiterate Barman serious?**LOLS**
you prolly mistake me for an ibo man that dropped out of school to engage in bartending or a fraudulent business.

I aint no illiterate cos am a graduate and work with a marketing agency, unlike your jobless self who goes about threatening to post people's pictures on nairaland, just like you threatened desola and christyG last night.

Grow up chidozie and do something reasonable with your life cos picture posting don't scare me. I'll even post along with you.

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fashola Replies Ruben Abati On Jonathsns Visit On Robbery Day In Lekki by Nobody: 8:14am On Mar 18, 2015
liberty300:
Fashola shut up!!! Own up to your resonaibilities you dimwit. Did you blame GEJ for the awesome federal roads he's building? No. You kept mute leaving the impression that you were the one that built those roads. Shame on you!!! See what politics of getting oil well has done to this man. Too bad you won't get anything tho cos Buhari would never win nothing
@bold

Are you for real? I guess you dont live lagos.

Which road did GEJ build in lagos?

Mention atleast one.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Replies Ruben Abati On Jonathsns Visit On Robbery Day In Lekki by DaBullIT(m): 8:17am On Mar 18, 2015
liberty300:
go to your village and say this.. Let your people stone you to death

Ahhh, Na una ? ? ? PEJ family , I come from a reasonably decent town, we don't stone people , our religion does not make us stone people and we are definitely not violent in nature

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Replies Ruben Abati On Jonathsns Visit On Robbery Day In Lekki by Nobody: 8:19am On Mar 18, 2015
liberty300:
and who's fault is it? I bet you didn't know that there are certain levels of govt. ignoring the govt closest to the people and blaming the top govt is not only ignorant but foolish
fashola did his best in providing enough equipment for the police in lagos, a duty of the federal government. He has every right to blame GEJ cos he's the c-in-c who pulled all the security meant for the state, which were mostly provided by fashola, to himself while the citizens were getting robbed.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fashola Replies Ruben Abati On Jonathsns Visit On Robbery Day In Lekki by Controlled(f): 8:23am On Mar 18, 2015
liberty300:

haaaaaaaa.... grin.....oga muumuu....pls give us one road d drunkard has given lagos.... grin grin grin

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Replies Ruben Abati On Jonathsns Visit On Robbery Day In Lekki by GenIgrigi: 8:59am On Mar 18, 2015
Segeggs:
[s]you prolly mistake me for an ibo man that dropped out of school to engage in bartending or a fraudulent business.

I aint no illiterate cos am a graduate and work with a marketing agency, unlike your jobless self who goes about threatening to post people's pictures on nairaland, just like you threatened desola and christyG last night.

Grow up chidozie and do something reasonable with your life cos picture posting don't scare me. I'll even post along with you.[/s]

**grins** Segun you are illiterate, you can all me all the Igbo names in your head, you still remain a barman, the only thing you market is Orijin, we have the proof you gave us. Stupid illiterate short man from Soki **LOLS**

11 Likes

Re: Fashola Replies Ruben Abati On Jonathsns Visit On Robbery Day In Lekki by Nobody: 9:06am On Mar 18, 2015
GenIgrigi:

**grins** Segun you are illiterate, you can all me all the Igbo names in your head, you still remain a barman, we have the proof you gave us. Stupid illiterate short man from Soki **LOLS**
may amadioha strike you most loved person dead if you do not provide proof.

Bloody Osu ibo, what makes you think am short? Oya post my pictures to prove so or may the Osu gods end your life abruptly. Bloody Osu.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola Replies Ruben Abati On Jonathsns Visit On Robbery Day In Lekki by GenIgrigi: 9:25am On Mar 18, 2015
Segeggs:
[s]may amadioha strike you most loved person dead if you do not provide proof.

Bloody Osu ibo, what makes you think am short? Oya post my pictures to prove so or may the Osu gods end your life abruptly. Bloody Osu.[/s]

**grins** Segun Anthony Adewole prove you are not short you tree-jumping monkey, Amadioha does not strike it's own. You think we post only pic. You funny. **LOLS**

6 Likes

Re: Fashola Replies Ruben Abati On Jonathsns Visit On Robbery Day In Lekki by GeneralBosco: 9:36am On Mar 18, 2015
Segeggs:

Illiterates everywhere.
God bless you bros. Exact same thing I wanted stating.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola Replies Ruben Abati On Jonathsns Visit On Robbery Day In Lekki by Nobody: 9:41am On Mar 18, 2015
GenIgrigi:

**grins** Segun Anthony Adewole prove you are not short you tree-jumping monkey, Amadioha does not strike it's own. You think we post only pic. You funny. **LOLS**
the onus is on you to prove your assertion. Osu ibo, fvck off my mention.

I henceforth ignore you

8 Likes

Re: Fashola Replies Ruben Abati On Jonathsns Visit On Robbery Day In Lekki by Nobody: 9:43am On Mar 18, 2015
GenIgrigi:

the onus is on you to prove your lame assertion. I henceforth ignore you

Fuvk off my mention, Osu ibo.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Replies Ruben Abati On Jonathsns Visit On Robbery Day In Lekki by GenIgrigi: 10:27am On Mar 18, 2015
Segeggs:
the onus is on you to prove your lame assertion. I henceforth ignore you

Fuvk off my mention, Osu ibo.

**grins** GEJ until you grow taller. **LOLS**

10 Likes

Re: Fashola Replies Ruben Abati On Jonathsns Visit On Robbery Day In Lekki by Nobody: 12:19pm On Mar 18, 2015
cheesy
Re: Fashola Replies Ruben Abati On Jonathsns Visit On Robbery Day In Lekki by Bonapart(m): 12:19pm On Mar 18, 2015
I love Fashola but i hate Apc
Re: Fashola Replies Ruben Abati On Jonathsns Visit On Robbery Day In Lekki by ozoigbondu: 12:21pm On Mar 18, 2015
This Joker is still talking,FashOle just accpect that you messed up big time.Your story of 2130 police officers attached to GEJ has been debukned by an eyewitness.Be a man and take responsibilty for actions that took place in the state aa the cheif security officer

#FasolaJoker

8 Likes

Re: Fashola Replies Ruben Abati On Jonathsns Visit On Robbery Day In Lekki by eljidy(m): 12:21pm On Mar 18, 2015
k
Re: Fashola Replies Ruben Abati On Jonathsns Visit On Robbery Day In Lekki by elbinmanny(m): 12:21pm On Mar 18, 2015
Bruteforce1o1:
Anything that involves GEJ must turn badluck- Rev Father Mbaka (2015)
then blame GEJ for the illegitimate child Fr Mbaka has undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Replies Ruben Abati On Jonathsns Visit On Robbery Day In Lekki by nationwide1(m): 12:22pm On Mar 18, 2015
Fashola is sounding very desperate. Indeed more desperate than even Buhari. He has thrown caution to the wind.

5 Likes

Re: Fashola Replies Ruben Abati On Jonathsns Visit On Robbery Day In Lekki by tp10: 12:23pm On Mar 18, 2015
mycar:

goofed.....................jonathan is master of goofing

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ndidi Nwuneli Appointed Rockefeller Foundation Board Member / Swore: Labour Party Begged INEC To Help With Polling Agents List / #issuesforbuhari: From Clueless To An Issueless Government? By Victoria Ohaeri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.