Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,213 members, 7,818,723 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

STUDY IN BULGARIA - Travel (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / STUDY IN BULGARIA (159221 Views)

Your Thougts About Living In Bulgaria East Europe / Please Any Nigerian Living Or Studying In Bulgaria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (49) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by Soraco57(m): 9:15am On May 08, 2022
What docs needed to be translated into Bulgarian language or need to be legalized
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by Soraco57(m): 9:16am On May 08, 2022
Any English masters program for Bulgaria aside VUN

Thanks
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by Favouredforever: 2:13pm On May 08, 2022
Family: Spouse
Children: 4 years old

Spouse in Bulgaria already have the 1 year Resident Permit. But it's not up to six months yet

[quote author=Iyfeezone post=112625375][/quote]
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by emperoracro(m): 2:17pm On May 14, 2022
If you want to make any LEGAL online foreign payment, contact me please. Thanks
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by Iyfeezone: 8:07pm On May 29, 2022
Favouredforever:
Family: Spouse
Children: 4 years old

Spouse in Bulgaria already have the 1 year Resident Permit. But it's not up to six months yet

Ok please what type of resident card is your spouse holding. Is it student permit or work permit
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by ajayidebo: 11:01pm On May 31, 2022
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by Favouredforever: 11:09pm On May 31, 2022
Student permit

Iyfeezone:

Ok please what type of resident card is your spouse holding. Is it student permit or work permit
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by Favouredforever: 7:45am On Jun 12, 2022
@lyfeezone Haven't heard from you in a while.. Hope you're good?

Favouredforever:
Student permit

Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by BigDebo: 8:40am On Jun 14, 2022
What's a secondary school diploma supplement?
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by ajayidebo: 10:15am On Jun 14, 2022
O level result I think

BigDebo:
What's a secondary school diploma supplement?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by Iyfeezone: 7:43am On Jun 19, 2022
Favouredforever:

Am sorry I have been busy this few weeks now. Look you have a student permit that gives you access to work for only 4 hours a day and 20 hours in a week officially. Even if you bring your spouse here that your spouse can not work. It means you have to provide proof you have sufficient funds to take care of your family within the period of your studying, Bulgaria is an EU and even though it can not be compared with the western EU countries, it’s still same standard procedure for migration.Neither You and your spouse are EU citizens . If you wish to migrate through study permit better Canada. Just for your information if you wish to live here in Bulgaria with full work permit through student visa, you will have to live in Bulgaria for 10 years as a student to qualify for a permanent resident.
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by Soraco57(m): 7:49am On Jun 19, 2022
how much is the wages in bulgaria
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by Iyfeezone: 7:22pm On Jun 19, 2022
Soraco57:
how much is the wages in bulgaria
You can Google this online
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by Iyfeezone: 6:06am On Jun 20, 2022
Favouredforever:

@Favouredforver. Since your spouse is presently in Bulgaria. She can visit the immigration office to ask all necessary questions. Every Thursdays you are allowed to see the director for the section of questions and answers.
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by Favouredforever: 11:35am On Jun 20, 2022
Thank you for your response, we will do as advised.

However, I understand the official 20 hours per week for students and the need to have adequate funds for the reunification visa. But I have not seen where it was stated that the spouse cannot work tho. If you can help me with any kind of link or document to further make my research I would be grateful.

I found the attached information on the official EU Immigration Portal on non-EU citizen living in Bulgaria which states:

Access to employment

If you have a permanent or long-term residence status and can prove sufficient financial resources, your family members will not need a work permit to access the labour market.

Family members who themselves have permanent or long-term residence status can also access the labour market without a work permit.

The following family members are immediately eligible for permanent residence:

spouse;
children of the third-country national and of his/her spouse, including the adopted children, who have not reached the age of 18 years and are not in matrimony;
children of the third-country national, including adopted children, who are under the age of 18 years and unmarried, in the cases where he/she is entitled to the parental rights and the children are on alimony provided by him/her;

I'm I reading this wrong?

Iyfeezone:

@Favouredforver. Since your spouse is presently in Bulgaria. She can visit the immigration office to ask all necessary questions. Every Thursdays you are allowed to see the director for the section of questions and answers.
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by Iyfeezone: 2:53pm On Jun 20, 2022
Favouredforever:
Thank you for your response, we will do as advised.

However, I understand the official 20 hours per week for students and the need to have adequate funds for the reunification visa. But I have not seen where it was stated that the spouse cannot work tho. If you can help me with any kind of link or document to further make my research I would be grateful.

I found the attached information on the official EU Immigration Portal on non-EU citizen living in Bulgaria which states:

Access to employment

If you have a permanent or long-term residence status and can prove sufficient financial resources, your family members will not need a work permit to access the labour market.

Family members who themselves have permanent or long-term residence status can also access the labour market without a work permit.

The following family members are immediately eligible for permanent residence:

spouse;
children of the third-country national and of his/her spouse, including the adopted children, who have not reached the age of 18 years and are not in matrimony;
children of the third-country national, including adopted children, who are under the age of 18 years and unmarried, in the cases where he/she is entitled to the parental rights and the children are on alimony provided by him/her;

I'm I reading this wrong?

You are not an EU citizen nor your wife has a permanent residency. What she has is a student permit. Don’t get it mixed up. Am sorry I have explained enough so you can decide what you want. At least your spouse should explain more better since she is in Bulgaria to give you first hand info. So sorry mate I don’t want to continue such topic again
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by Favouredforever: 2:59pm On Jun 20, 2022
I was getting it mixed up.. I thought its the same with the Permanent Resident Permit card they are referring to. Thank you for your time.

Iyfeezone:

You are not an EU citizen nor your wife has a permanent residency. What she has is a student permit. Don’t get it mixed up. Am sorry I have explained enough so you can decide what you want. At least your spouse should explain more better since she is in Bulgaria to give you first hand info. So sorry mate I don’t want to continue such topic again
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by Cceemmaa: 9:59pm On Jun 20, 2022
Please I'm new here. Still trying to navigate. I'm interested in schooling in BG. My spouse has a residence card already and we've applied for out Visa D. Waiting for visa approval. Please I intend to further my education In sports law,please can I get list of schools in Sophia that I can enroll in. In addition to that,please must I legalise my documents (since I will apply from inside Bulgari) not outside. Thanks
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by Iyfeezone: 10:24am On Jun 21, 2022
Cceemmaa:
Please I'm new here. Still trying to navigate. I'm interested in schooling in BG. My spouse has a residence card already and we've applied for out Visa D. Waiting for visa approval. Please I intend to further my education In sports law,please can I get list of schools in Sophia that I can enroll in. In addition to that,please must I legalise my documents (since I will apply from inside Bulgari) not outside. Thanks

Hi Cceemma I will suggest you ask you spouse to assist you since your spouse is already in Bulgaria. Your spouse should have a better first hand answers to your questions. Am sorry I rounded up my school few years ago. I will not be able to provide updated answers to yours questions. You can check past comments on the group it will guide you a bit
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by Favouredforever: 10:39am On Jun 22, 2022
Can we connect Cceemmaa?

I think you'll need to do the legalisation. Better to have the documents at hand for smooth application.

Cceemmaa:

1 Like

Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by Sageadomichael: 10:07pm On Jul 05, 2022
Please I'm new here, I'm a MBBS student of the University of Lagos and though I do have interests in moving to Sofia, Bulgaria to complete my medical degree.
And I've gotten vital informations from this thread thanks to you guys.
I recently lost my phone and laptop to thieves, a Bulgarian Dr friend at Sofia wants to send me a spare laptop.
How do I/he go about sending it over to me in Lagos?
Please I need responses, thanks! Please I'm new here, I'm a MBBS student of the University of Lagos and though I do have interests in moving to Sofia, Bulgaria to complete my medical degree.
I recently lost my phone and laptop to thieves, a Bulgarian Dr friend at Sofia wants to send me a spare laptop.
Please I need responses, thanks!
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by Favouredforever: 10:25am On Jul 06, 2022
He can send via UPS, DHL etc. Pretty straight forward

I hope your doctor friend is not a scam.

Sageadomichael:
Please I'm new here, I'm a MBBS student of the University of Lagos and though I do have interests in moving to Sofia, Bulgaria to complete my medical degree.
Please I need responses, thanks! Please I'm new here, I'm a MBBS student of the University of Lagos and though I do have interests in moving to Sofia, Bulgaria to complete my medical degree.
Please I need responses, thanks!
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by Sageadomichael: 11:25am On Jul 06, 2022
Favouredforever:
He can send via UPS, DHL etc. Pretty straight forward

I hope your doctor friend is not a scam.

Thanks! He's not a scam but a family friend.

Please do you know the days/weeks it'd take to get it to Lagos if he sends it through UPS or DHL?
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by Favouredforever: 4:50pm On Jul 06, 2022
No idea.. But I am sure they will let him know how long it will take.

Sageadomichael:

Thanks! He's not a scam but a family friend.

Please do you know the days/weeks it'd take to get it to Lagos if he sends it through UPS or DHL?
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by Sageadomichael: 6:36pm On Jul 06, 2022
Favouredforever:

Thank you!
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by BigDebo: 9:47am On Jul 10, 2022
Good morning. I'm processing my undergraduate application without an agency. I need to send my notarized documents to the university but I don't know how to.
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by Sageadomichael: 9:50am On Jul 13, 2022
Favouredforever:

Hi, so the DHL at Bulgaria sent some delivery locations in Lagos they can deliver to and I chose the Dhl service point at Airport road, Ikeja.
The expenses of the delivery are being paid by the sender, will I be required to pay anything for pickup at the service point?
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by Favouredforever: 10:35am On Jul 13, 2022
To the best of my knowledge, you will not be required to pay anything.

Sageadomichael:

Hi, so the DHL at Bulgaria sent some delivery locations in Lagos they can deliver to and I chose the Dhl service point at Airport road, Ikeja.
The expenses of the delivery are being paid by the sender, will I be required to pay anything for pickup at the service point?

1 Like

Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by Johnbosco1: 4:22pm On Aug 31, 2022
Hi Nairalanders in the building,

Please can someone tell me how life is for immigrants in Bulgaria? I'm looking for specific details as quality of living, rent, feeding expenses, tax, transportation, security, weather and community engagement.

I'm considering a relocation based on a job so I'm doing a bit of a research. I have read as many articles I can find online and have also spoken to some locals (Bulgarian colleagues), but I just want to hear from my Naija families who are living or had lived in Bulgaria.

Your contributions are highly appreciated �.
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by Favouredforever: 8:14pm On Sep 01, 2022
Do it Bro... It's a great place.

quality of living - value for money
rent - affordable
feeding expenses - cheap
tax - reasonable. Nothing crazy like UK
transportation - 25leva or so will get you around Sofia for a month
security - good
weather - not bad
Community engagement - depends on you. If you like engagement/meeting people, there are various ways to accomplish that.

Johnbosco1:
Hi Nairalanders in the building,

Please can someone tell me how life is for immigrants in Bulgaria? I'm looking for specific details as quality of living, rent, feeding expenses, tax, transportation, security, weather and community engagement.

I'm considering a relocation based on a job so I'm doing a bit of a research. I have read as many articles I can find online and have also spoken to some locals (Bulgarian colleagues), but I just want to hear from my Naija families who are living or had lived in Bulgaria.

Your contributions are highly appreciated �.

1 Like

Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by Johnbosco1: 9:06am On Sep 02, 2022
Favouredforever:
Do it Bro... It's a great place.

quality of living - value for money
rent - affordable
feeding expenses - cheap
tax - reasonable. Nothing crazy like UK
transportation - 25leva or so will get you around Sofia for a month
security - good
weather - not bad
Community engagement - depends on you. If you like engagement/meeting people, there are various ways to accomplish that.

This is helpful. Thank you �
I was surprised by their moderate tax system as against Portugal. Just couldn't help saying nah immediately. Bless u.

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (49) (Reply)

Being Black In Berlin/germany / Tell Us About The City Where You Live / A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.