Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,180 members, 7,811,454 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:54 AM

Microsoft Announces End Of Internet Explorer - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Microsoft Announces End Of Internet Explorer (28722 Views)

Microsoft Announces The Surface Book, A 13-inch Laptop (world Fastest Laptop) / Microsoft Announces Date For Windows 10 Launch. / Microsoft Announces Windows 10 And Holographic Computing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Microsoft Announces End Of Internet Explorer by Nobody: 7:10pm On Mar 18, 2015
Good decision. .... That browser is dead.......

1 Like

Re: Microsoft Announces End Of Internet Explorer by kay1one2(m): 7:10pm On Mar 18, 2015
Even uc browser better pass am!

1 Like

Re: Microsoft Announces End Of Internet Explorer by brownlord: 7:13pm On Mar 18, 2015
coolhamid:
Just give us a browser that would ease web programming..

In other news, Vote Buhari for better a Nigeria.

[size=15pt]Buhari is internet explorer jor[/size]

1 Like

Re: Microsoft Announces End Of Internet Explorer by Bigsolo88: 7:13pm On Mar 18, 2015
Sai buhari

1 Like

Re: Microsoft Announces End Of Internet Explorer by justiceman: 7:14pm On Mar 18, 2015
Tbillz:
So we hope you can join us for a minute’s silence, after Microsoft announced that they’ll soon be doing away with the iconic browser in favour of a newer version, which is currently codenamed Project Spartan.

Frustrated users have previously slammed the browser for being slow and bug-prone, and Microsoft once talked of changing the name of the browser to address “negative perceptions that no longer reflect reality.”

Speaking yesterday, Microsoft’s marketing chief Chris Capossella said, “We’re now researching what the new brand, or the new name, for our browser should be in Windows 10.

“We’ll continue to have Internet Explorer, but we’ll also have a new browser, which is codenamed Project Spartan. We have to name the thing.”

Microsoft also revealed yesterday that users were more likely to favour services with the company’s name in front of them, meaning that the new browser is likely to adhere to this format.

Although it’s not clear when the browser’s new name will be revealed, it will form part of the much anticipated Windows 10, which will launch later this year.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/03/17/rip-microsoft-has-announced-the-end-of-internet-explorer-5108302/

Mozilla Firefox will be the next victim. Too heavy and buggy for my liking. Google chrome is my favorite. Hoping some more developers will come up with more faster options because one often needs more than one browser running on the system *talking from the perspective of a website developer*

1 Like

Re: Microsoft Announces End Of Internet Explorer by Riclord001(m): 7:15pm On Mar 18, 2015
i dont know
Re: Microsoft Announces End Of Internet Explorer by Avatar(m): 7:18pm On Mar 18, 2015
grin grin grin grin angry

Re: Microsoft Announces End Of Internet Explorer by Nobody: 7:20pm On Mar 18, 2015
ToyozzieTohBad:
SORRY IF YOU GET DIS LATE. HAPPY NEW YEAR 1998 grin

Sent from Internet Explorer.
Lolz

Too late Microsoft

Most youths like me cannot stand internet explorer. And I doubt if any other search engine can replace Google

3 Likes

Re: Microsoft Announces End Of Internet Explorer by Nobody: 7:21pm On Mar 18, 2015
EddyNumerouno:
Thank God, but what will I use to download other browsers? That was like the only thing it was used for

I thought about it but then you can use windows store
Re: Microsoft Announces End Of Internet Explorer by Blitz888(m): 7:22pm On Mar 18, 2015
I hope its not a case of nomenclature change but same ol' package

1 Like

Re: Microsoft Announces End Of Internet Explorer by tochstorm(m): 7:22pm On Mar 18, 2015
RaeMystix:

Seconded
thirded.
Re: Microsoft Announces End Of Internet Explorer by lonelydora: 7:29pm On Mar 18, 2015
datguru:
Who even uses it ?
A wise decision.

#team-firefox

Team Chrome

1 Like

Re: Microsoft Announces End Of Internet Explorer by naijafury: 7:36pm On Mar 18, 2015
datguru:
Who even uses it ?
A wise decision.

#team-firefox

1 Like

Re: Microsoft Announces End Of Internet Explorer by firfinch(m): 7:36pm On Mar 18, 2015
I actually stopped using that for a long time. It far outdated just like Buhari. Nigeria needs young and vibrant leader not Buhari.
Re: Microsoft Announces End Of Internet Explorer by Jok3r(m): 7:43pm On Mar 18, 2015
Rest of mind..
Tbillz:
So we hope you can join us for a minute’s silence, after Microsoft announced that they’ll soon be doing away with the iconic browser in favour of a newer version, which is currently codenamed Project Spartan.

Frustrated users have previously slammed the browser for being slow and bug-prone, and Microsoft once talked of changing the name of the browser to address “negative perceptions that no longer reflect reality.”

Speaking yesterday, Microsoft’s marketing chief Chris Capossella said, “We’re now researching what the new brand, or the new name, for our browser should be in Windows 10.

“We’ll continue to have Internet Explorer, but we’ll also have a new browser, which is codenamed Project Spartan. We have to name the thing.”

Microsoft also revealed yesterday that users were more likely to favour services with the company’s name in front of them, meaning that the new browser is likely to adhere to this format.

Although it’s not clear when the browser’s new name will be revealed, it will form part of the much anticipated Windows 10, which will launch later this year.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/03/17/rip-microsoft-has-announced-the-end-of-internet-explorer-5108302/
Re: Microsoft Announces End Of Internet Explorer by sapientia(m): 7:44pm On Mar 18, 2015
Long over due..

When i wanna browse normally.. I fire up my mozilla abi Godzilla firefox..

If i want to visit sites where i wanna download videos without third party apps.. I fire up my maxthon..

Just that maxthon dont work on youtube.. Wonder why
Re: Microsoft Announces End Of Internet Explorer by Niwdog(m): 7:45pm On Mar 18, 2015
RUBBISH!
Ever since i start using
Microsoft. I don't comment much cause of it bad nature
Re: Microsoft Announces End Of Internet Explorer by Nobody: 7:48pm On Mar 18, 2015
Good riddance

1 Like

Re: Microsoft Announces End Of Internet Explorer by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 7:51pm On Mar 18, 2015
Microsoft breaking ppls heart since the invention of win8/8.1
Re: Microsoft Announces End Of Internet Explorer by donmattz: 7:58pm On Mar 18, 2015
RIP INTERNET EXPLORER

VISIT ==>> http://www.naijayouthsblog.com

The browser indeed needs to be buried . LOL
Re: Microsoft Announces End Of Internet Explorer by dollarlander: 8:09pm On Mar 18, 2015
golddeejay:
no matter hw much changes they make to that internet explorer, that 'not good enough' reputation has stick to it. The right move is create a new browser or even repackage IE and change its name

You are talking as if you can make one in your village. Whether it is slow or buggy, it had made many people rich and redirected so many destinies.

You what have you contributed to this world before scrapping another man's work.
Re: Microsoft Announces End Of Internet Explorer by Bamz(m): 8:12pm On Mar 18, 2015
Long overdue. smiley

1 Like

Re: Microsoft Announces End Of Internet Explorer by Elsquidme(m): 8:17pm On Mar 18, 2015
project Zartan abi na Spartan incorporating Cotana, HHMM #TEAM GOOGLE CHROME AND NIGHTLY. the best browsers alive. Am optimistic that Zartan will compete with those two.
Re: Microsoft Announces End Of Internet Explorer by Youssouff10(m): 8:26pm On Mar 18, 2015
Still waiting for PROJECT SPARTACUS
Re: Microsoft Announces End Of Internet Explorer by Nobody: 8:38pm On Mar 18, 2015
I can't remember when last I used internet xplorer browser....it been Google chrome and Mozilla all the way.

1 Like

Re: Microsoft Announces End Of Internet Explorer by Nobody: 8:43pm On Mar 18, 2015
almaliki:
Long overdue....i personally dislike Microsoft internet explorer....too heavy, too slow to response,too boring.......i feel they shouldn't do away with it....rather repackage it,rename it and make it lighter........fingaz crossed.

A crazier one is available. SPARTAN
Re: Microsoft Announces End Of Internet Explorer by souljaboi51(m): 8:44pm On Mar 18, 2015
this one that they are naming their stuffs after the characters in the Halo game. first it was "cortana", now its "project spartan". patiently waiting for "master chief". i like it tho
Re: Microsoft Announces End Of Internet Explorer by adewasco2k(m): 9:06pm On Mar 18, 2015
this is a very good news to all web designers.

cc: dhtml
Re: Microsoft Announces End Of Internet Explorer by Malawian(m): 9:10pm On Mar 18, 2015
they can name it "windows online".
cool cool
Re: Microsoft Announces End Of Internet Explorer by gebest: 9:10pm On Mar 18, 2015
FIRE FOX, my favourite.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? / How To Fix a Slow or Unstable Windows 7 computer. / How To Install Windows 8 On Android Phone Or Android Tablet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.