Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,315 members, 7,811,941 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:16 AM

Eleven APC Lawmakers Set To Decamp To The PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eleven APC Lawmakers Set To Decamp To The PDP (1795 Views)

Court Of Appeals Sacks Seven APC Lawmakers In Ogun / Ekiti APC Lawmakers Discontinue Suit Against Fayose / No Going Back On Fayose's Impeachment - APC LAWMAKERS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eleven APC Lawmakers Set To Decamp To The PDP by OmoEniafelamo(m): 4:10pm On Mar 18, 2015
About eleven serving lawmakers on the platform of the All Progressives Congress are set to dump the party for the Peoples Democratic Party, as political horse-trading intensifies ahead of the 2015 general elections, WESTERN POST authoritatively gathered on Wednesday.

The lawmakers, who’re all from APC strongholds in the northern part of the country, have agreed to openly declare their allegiance to the ruling PDP as well as the administration of Goodluck Jonathan.

At a high-profile meeting held this morning at a secret location in Abuja, the lawmakers expressed high disappointment in the candidature of General Muhammadu Buhari.

The meeting was chaired by Senator Nimi Barigha-Amange from President Jonathan’s home state of Bayelsa. Senator Barigha-Amange was also very instrumental to the facilitation of the APC lawmakers decision to cross carpet.

“I can categorically confirm that about 11 APC lawmakers are set to dump their party for the Peoples Democratic Party in the next 2-3 days,” Senator Barigha-Amange, who’s also the Director of Planning, Research and Strategy for Goodluck Jonathan’s campaign, told the Western Post.

The news of many APC lawmakers joining the PDP has permeated the political grapevine for almost 3 weeks. Last week, a House of Representatives member from the APC decamped to the PDP in Kano State.

Another source also confirmed to The Post that, “Senator Barigha-Amange has been holding a series of meetings with the APC lawmakers and I can tell you that the lawmakers have made it clear to us that they’re coming to the PDP.”

But the APC National Publicity Secretary, Lai Mohammed, declined to entertain any notion of APC lawmakers leaving the party in the coming days, adding that the PDP is only a mockery of itself.

“There’s no way our lawmakers will dump our party right now, the PDP is just making a mockery of itself in a desperate attempt to show that they’re still relevant,” he said.

“They should tell us the lawmakers that are crossing and from which state then we can take them serious. Other than that, the APC is as strong and unshakable as ever.”

If successful, the decision of the lawmakers will give a significant boost to President Jonathan’s reelection efforts as it’s likely to guarantee him the prerequisite 25% minimum votes share in northern states.

Analysts predict the 2015 elections will be the closest in the nation’s presidential elections history.

Source: http://www.westernpostnigeria.com/eleven-apc-lawmakers-set-to-decamp-to-the-pdp/
Re: Eleven APC Lawmakers Set To Decamp To The PDP by Nobody: 4:14pm On Mar 18, 2015
What are they waiting for - $$$ Cash.. there is no more money left in the treasury
Re: Eleven APC Lawmakers Set To Decamp To The PDP by WisdomFlakes: 4:14pm On Mar 18, 2015
Pictures, videos, Ait, Nta, CNN or Aljazeera proof or i don't believe it! cheesy
Re: Eleven APC Lawmakers Set To Decamp To The PDP by ozoigbondu: 4:15pm On Mar 18, 2015
Jumpology
Re: Eleven APC Lawmakers Set To Decamp To The PDP by raumdeuter: 4:18pm On Mar 18, 2015
WHy are they telling us before they decamp?

I get so that the Maga in chief Jonathan can bring their own dollars

2 Likes

Re: Eleven APC Lawmakers Set To Decamp To The PDP by Controlled(f): 4:22pm On Mar 18, 2015
lolllllllllll...it aint happening....dream on. who leave a winner for a loser.....oops, I forgot the egunje deluded barca... grin grin
Re: Eleven APC Lawmakers Set To Decamp To The PDP by kestolove95(m): 4:27pm On Mar 18, 2015
New week new propaganda from pdp...nawa o
Re: Eleven APC Lawmakers Set To Decamp To The PDP by optimald(m): 4:28pm On Mar 18, 2015
Says who? pls ur source
Re: Eleven APC Lawmakers Set To Decamp To The PDP by centmichael101(m): 4:31pm On Mar 18, 2015
Welcome home lost sheep!!mercyfull is PDP ur sins have been forgiven
Re: Eleven APC Lawmakers Set To Decamp To The PDP by macpetrus(m): 4:35pm On Mar 18, 2015
No place like Home!!! ... With open hand we are going to welcome you people Back!!!
Re: Eleven APC Lawmakers Set To Decamp To The PDP by Adetula1(m): 4:36pm On Mar 18, 2015
its called politics of interest
Re: Eleven APC Lawmakers Set To Decamp To The PDP by PedroJP(m): 5:22pm On Mar 18, 2015
I pray more realize such deceit APC is and find their way back except those corrupt ones oo unless they are ready to become better pple.

1 Like

Re: Eleven APC Lawmakers Set To Decamp To The PDP by steppin: 5:24pm On Mar 18, 2015
Lai Mohammed...living in denial as always.

1 Like

Re: Eleven APC Lawmakers Set To Decamp To The PDP by Igwe9(m): 5:27pm On Mar 18, 2015
well, what can I say; what goes around comes around!
Re: Eleven APC Lawmakers Set To Decamp To The PDP by otukpo(f): 5:29pm On Mar 18, 2015
Till then.
Re: Eleven APC Lawmakers Set To Decamp To The PDP by merry02(m): 5:29pm On Mar 18, 2015
They re wlc bt without them pdp ll surely win
Re: Eleven APC Lawmakers Set To Decamp To The PDP by OmoEniafelamo(m): 5:33pm On Mar 18, 2015
Not like I believe you didn't see the source earlier, but here it is: http://www.westernpostnigeria.com/eleven-apc-lawmakers-set-to-decamp-to-the-pdp/
Re: Eleven APC Lawmakers Set To Decamp To The PDP by bakila: 5:37pm On Mar 18, 2015
WisdomFlakes:
Pictures, videos, Ait, Nta, CNN or Aljazeera proof or i don't believe it! cheesy
Not even audios or shadows.
Re: Eleven APC Lawmakers Set To Decamp To The PDP by sosanova: 5:38pm On Mar 18, 2015
Sai GEJ till Thief-nubu get white teeth grin grin grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Eleven APC Lawmakers Set To Decamp To The PDP by stronger: 5:54pm On Mar 18, 2015
Like I have said many times,

[size=16pt]No amount of defection can stop a CHANGE MOVEMENT!![/size]

Even if GMB defects to PDP, CHANGE MUST COME!!! smiley

SAI BUHARI!!!

2 Likes

Re: Eleven APC Lawmakers Set To Decamp To The PDP by fitzmayowa: 6:04pm On Mar 18, 2015
kestolove95:
New week new propaganda from pdp...nawa o

Same goes for APC, PDP and APC are birds of a feather when it comes to propaganda...
Re: Eleven APC Lawmakers Set To Decamp To The PDP by ugia(f): 6:16pm On Mar 18, 2015
Do we blame them? Of course not. They are bereft of any form of political ideology. They are political prostitutes that sway with the tide.
Re: Eleven APC Lawmakers Set To Decamp To The PDP by BABAKABIRU301(f): 6:17pm On Mar 18, 2015
WisdomFlakes:
I BEG U BROS, NEVER MENTION AIT AGAIN IN apc MATTER, MAKE DEM KNOW BORN D WHOLE STAFF, I BEG BIKO.
Re: Eleven APC Lawmakers Set To Decamp To The PDP by Chigold101(m): 6:19pm On Mar 18, 2015
ozoigbondu:
Jumpology
gbam!!! Thats the name...

(1) (Reply)

Ayo Fayose Dismantling Adamu Mauzu On Channels Live / Notorious Brig. Gen. Aliyu Momoh Redeployed To Training Command -sahara Reporter / Northernisation Agenda? As NIMASA Sacks South East And South South Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.