Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,812 members, 7,837,921 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Jonathan To Organise Anti-tinubu Protests Soon –APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan To Organise Anti-tinubu Protests Soon –APC (726 Views)

Shehu Sani Blasts El-Rufai For His Anti-Tinubu & Southwest Comment / "Organise Your Name First" - EFCC Replies A Follower / Wike Will Be Removed As Rivers Governor Soon, APC Candidate Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan To Organise Anti-tinubu Protests Soon –APC by tomi12345: 4:51pm On Mar 18, 2015
The All Progressives Congress says having failed to discredit a former Governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, through hate documentaries, which have been barred by a Lagos High Court, President Goodluck Jonathan has given money to groups to hold protests against Tinubu.

The party, in a statement by its National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, on Tuesday, said the groups are expected to carry placards calling for the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission to arrest Tinubu.

The APC said it was sure of the planned protests just as it had predicted the violent protests of the Odua Peoples Congress as well as the postponement of the elections.

The statement read, “During the forthcoming demonstrations, the protesters have been told to carry placards asking the EFCC to probe the allegations made against Tinubu in the deceitful, ill-intentioned and irresponsible ‘documentary’ that was sponsored by the same Jonathan administration.

“Such is the level of President Jonathan’s desperation for re-election that a man who is not on the ballot in the forthcoming elections has become a target of unprecedented mudslinging by his (President’s) administration.”

It said it was ironic that the same Jonathan who said his victory at the polls was not worth the blood of any Nigerian went ahead to sponsor the OPC to wreak havoc in Lagos on Monday.

The APC said the intention of the protests backfired as all-well meaning Nigerians have since condemned it. The party added that Jonathan’s electoral chances were declining due to acts of desperation.

The statement added, “Taking into consideration the sponsored protests by MASSOB and the OPC, the unprovoked and virulent attacks on the presidential candidate of the APC, Maj.Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), the sponsored documentary of lies as well as the planned demonstrations against Tinubu, and the inciting statements by First Lady Patience Jonathan, who has asked her supporters to stone APC members and supporters, there is undisputed evidence that President Jonathan himself is leading the campaign to make the elections violent and Nigeria ungovernable.”

Meanwhile, the Lagos State chapter of the APC says the destruction of its outdoor adverts by OPC members on Monday must not go unpunished.

The Lagos State Publicity Secretary of the APC, Mr. Joe Igbokwe, said during a press conference on Tuesday that the act of violence was capable of scaring away investors.

Igbokwe said it was disappointing that security agents could supervise such a protest. He, therefore, questioned the neutrality of security agencies on election day.

http://www.punchng.com/politics/jonathan-to-organise-anti-tinubu-protests-soon-apc/
Re: Jonathan To Organise Anti-tinubu Protests Soon –APC by Lanretoye(m): 4:56pm On Mar 18, 2015
The Fear of Jagaban is the beginning of political wisdom, Jona is just a learner.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Organise Anti-tinubu Protests Soon –APC by viczing(m): 5:01pm On Mar 18, 2015
Lanretoye:
The Fear of Jagaban is the beginning of political wisdom, Jona is just a learner.

Fear jagaban? Are you okay? Corrupt man engineering change in this country? You must be sick or something worse than sickness

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Organise Anti-tinubu Protests Soon –APC by WisdomFlakes: 5:03pm On Mar 18, 2015
Something ain't right about PDP's obsession with Tinubu who isn't even on the ballot. An attack on Buhari and Osinbajo I can understand, since they are opposition contestants.

They must really feel threatened by the guy o, or how else does one explain the morbid fascination they're exhibiting? undecided

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Organise Anti-tinubu Protests Soon –APC by clevvermind(m): 5:04pm On Mar 18, 2015
the moment you join apc, the next is to lose your senses!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Organise Anti-tinubu Protests Soon –APC by anonimi: 5:08pm On Mar 18, 2015
Why is Thief'nuibu cabal so jittery with all these funny, daft jokes they send out as propaganda stories
Re: Jonathan To Organise Anti-tinubu Protests Soon –APC by anonimi: 5:11pm On Mar 18, 2015
WisdomFlakes:
Something ain't right about PDP's obsession with Tinubu who isn't even on the ballot.

Are you talking about the man who made this statement below

I helped make Jonathan president –Tinubu
MARCH 15, 2015

National leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu, has revealed that he was instrumental to the victory of President Goodluck Jonathan in the 2011 general elections.

He said this yesterday during the Ndigbo APC governorship rally held at the Onikan Stadium, La­gos. His words: “In 2011, I helped Jonathan become President because he made us believe he was a breath of fresh air. I didn’t say be­cause he was from Bayelsa that I would not help him. We voted for him because he promised to make our lives better. But now, he has failed us.”

More from: http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=109235
Re: Jonathan To Organise Anti-tinubu Protests Soon –APC by Slynonny(m): 5:18pm On Mar 18, 2015
Liar Mohammed i thought is only your nyash that is licking never knew your tongue is inclusive.
Anyways cry me lagoon.
In GEJ we trust.
Re: Jonathan To Organise Anti-tinubu Protests Soon –APC by sammyj: 5:27pm On Mar 18, 2015
If the Clueless Desperate one likes let him organise 10 million match against Tinubu will not stop our peoples general from be voted in come rain come sunshine because this election is not about Tinubu but about the peoples will. #WEHAVEDECIDEDTOMATCH4BUHARI.

SAI BABA !!!
Re: Jonathan To Organise Anti-tinubu Protests Soon –APC by KINGSNEEZE(m): 5:29pm On Mar 18, 2015
It will really be a welcome development, Tinubu need to answer some questions ...haba dis are tax payer's money we are talking about here! Let the appropriate authority determine his innocence, if he is clean he should have nothing to fear, Efcc doesn't shoot @ sight @ least there will be a fair hearing
Re: Jonathan To Organise Anti-tinubu Protests Soon –APC by otukpo(f): 5:31pm On Mar 18, 2015
This election should come and go. The wahala and propaganda wey follow am don too much.
Re: Jonathan To Organise Anti-tinubu Protests Soon –APC by SweetJoystick(m): 5:35pm On Mar 18, 2015
Desperate set of shameless failed governmnent and party (PDP), if they have performed as they want us to believe, why are they scared of elections, when did Tinubu become a contestant in the election? Yes he is corrupt, I know that...... he should have been long prosecuted long ago along with every other corrupt public officer
Re: Jonathan To Organise Anti-tinubu Protests Soon –APC by Lanretoye(m): 9:19am On Mar 19, 2015
viczing:

Fear jagaban? Are you okay? Corrupt man engineering change in this country? You must be sick or something worse than sickness
I only expressed my view without insulting anybody...The rate at which your (PDP)leaders are getting violent is nothing to talk about,so im not surprised if people like you follow suit.
One thing for sure is that you are traumatized but i don't know why...sorry tho.
Re: Jonathan To Organise Anti-tinubu Protests Soon –APC by viczing(m): 10:10am On Mar 19, 2015
Lanretoye:

I only expressed my view without insulting anybody...The rate at which your (PDP)leaders are getting violent is nothing to talk about,so im not surprised if people like you follow suit.
One thing for sure is that you are traumatized but i don't know why...sorry tho.

Traumatised ko traumatised ni

U just heard the word newly?
Re: Jonathan To Organise Anti-tinubu Protests Soon –APC by nzeadachie: 10:17am On Mar 19, 2015
LIKE PLAY LIKE PLAY TINUBU GO ENTER OOOO, WATCH OUT

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Fashola, Ambode Throw Noodles/sweets During Campaign, Even In The Gutter / A PC Planning Military Intervention - Femi Fani Kayode / PDP Will Turn Lagos Into A War Zone – APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.