Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist (38797 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion / How Do I Tell People I Am An Atheist? Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by michaelwestern(m): 6:07pm On Mar 18, 2015
On the surface it appears that atheists only believe in scientific facts, but when you dig deep you will realise that most of what they believe in requires blind faith.

Take for example the big bang theory, which most atheists believe in. How can a sensible human being believe that chaos created this wonderfully designed earth? how can randomness produce a very complex entity like a human being and other living things. This goes against a law in science that things go from orderliness to disorderliness and not vice versa.

Consequently, i believe that it requires more faith to be an atheist than to be a theist. God bless you all.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by davien(m): 3:00am On Mar 19, 2015
michaelwestern:
On the surface it appears that atheists only believe in scientific facts

No,a large number of atheists aren't rationalists...And those that are,don't have to "believe in" anything....you're merely equivocating(exchanging the words) "believe in" instead of "accept" to conjure a resonance of faith...

but when you dig deep you will realise that most of what they believe in requires blind faith.
This is already a fallacy in itself....

Starting by equivocating words to imply faith....you then moved forward to attach your misunderstanding of a scientific theory....

Let us see where this leads to.

Take for example the big bang theory, which most atheists believe in.

In the very same context you're using....it could be said that atheist(more specifcly,the rationalists) also "believe in"(the appropriate term is accept) Newtonian physics....does that magically turn gravity into a belief?

Even so,your dishonest presupposition(pre-concluded assumption) falls apart when you've already said "most atheists"....so you're also generalizing your observation based on a selected group.

Lets proceed.

How can a sensible human being believe that chaos created this wonderfully designed earth?

Tell me what you mean here...because I need you to define your terms here....

And I also question the basis for calling the earth "designed"....what is the determinant of a designed earth?....can you provide or tell me how an undesigned earth would look like...so as to know?

And the reality we share doesn't remotely favour common sense.

Our intuition would tell us that between an egg and a boulder,dropped at the same time and from the same height....that the boulder should hit the ground first(because it's heavier)....but reality differs....

They both hit the ground at the same time(in fact, this is a standard test in physics to demonstrate that our intuitions doesn't matter to any event at play....until demonstrated)

And we've actually witnessed firsthand' the birth of planets and stars from chaotic supernovae...what would you call that?

how can randomness produce a very complex entity like a human being and other living things.

I doubt any rationalists would say "randomness", but I see perfectly what you're doing...

You're trying to misrepresent the secular position of existence to somehow give your belief a more sane appearance....

The rebuttal I have for this pathetic dishonest misrepresentation is this....

Nature is probabilistic...not entirely random and not entirely ordered,and neither is it neutral(this may shock you ofcourse).....

Lets observe the cell wall....more specificly the semi-permeable membrane....it is a phospholipid bilayer of naturally occuring compounds.

On exposure to water,it's properties(which are determined by the head group and it's chains) form the bilayer by extending its hydrophobic(water dreading) layer in and it's hydrophilic(water loving) layer out...forming the "bilayer" in the process,that keeps the membrane from being permeated by everything(hence the term "semi-permeable"wink

Note that this function operates due to contrasting features that do not go together(i.e the hydrophobic effect)....but because of probabilistic qualities it encounters...it serves as a building block of cells...literally the walls.

This goes against a law in science that things go from orderliness to disorderliness and not vice versa.

I doubt you know the "law" you're talking about, may we know what this law is called and it's full implications....Is it thermodynamics?

Because if it is,you should have known that "order" and "disorder" in thermodynamics are referred to as "entropy" and entropy actually has values(I.e J/k )...and the total entropy of a system is determined by the work(useful energy)....

And since energy isn't created or destroyed(1st law) ....work gets rearranged into different forms(2nd law)....ofwhich one of those forms is matter.... (2nd law)

Consequently, i believe that it requires more faith to be an atheist than to be a theist. God bless you all.

This is the hypocrisy of it all, after equivocating and misrepresenting everything you can....you then thank those who subscribe to the same faith you do...for support...

Good job, by this rate the well knowledgeable would depart from your religion after witnessing the extents used to retain the belief. smiley

Gosh so tired, it takes much work to expose a lie than to tell it...And I believe I've exposed you quite well...

Anyone willing to know any of this should either go to a noteable school of thought, library , google, etc lol grin

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lipid_bilayer

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/therm/entrop.html

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entropy_%28order_and_disorder%29

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrophobic_effect

86 Likes 17 Shares

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 3:38am On Mar 19, 2015
Well that's it for this thread ^^^...next! grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by alobam1: 3:52am On Mar 19, 2015
Its late in the morning and people stiill they comment.una no dey sleep nii?
Anyway sha.second to comment.
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 3:52am On Mar 19, 2015
Atheists are simply confused set of people.

Only a fool will look into the heavens and say "There is no God."

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by lonelydora: 3:52am On Mar 19, 2015
MzNelly:

You can say that again.

I thought this kind of topic comes up on Sundays?

1 Like

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by kayceerilyn(f): 3:53am On Mar 19, 2015
if a house can not come.by chance,a stack of rocks cannot be attributed to chance,there is no way our perfect earth will come by chance. It is the work of someone perfect as well.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by lonelydora: 4:01am On Mar 19, 2015
alobam1:

You nko? Are you a watch night?

1 Like

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 4:08am On Mar 19, 2015
It takes even more faith to believe a dead Jew took the blame for evil I didn't commit. Who send am?
Glory to Lucifer.

6 Likes

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by alobam1: 4:09am On Mar 19, 2015
lonelydora:

You nko? Are you a watch night?

Lol.You mean like a maiguard abi?chai.there is god ohhh
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by bro4u: 4:10am On Mar 19, 2015
atheist's say there is no God....but they do pray when they are in trouble LOLs....reminds me of one atheist dudegringrin

17 Likes

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by jomarq(m): 4:13am On Mar 19, 2015
Am sleeping
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Sanuzi(m): 4:14am On Mar 19, 2015
alobam1:
WHAT ABOUT U DEY SLEEP AT ALL. SEUNN GO DEY HAPPY DIE AS PEOPLE ARE REALLY ADDICTED TO DIS FORUM

GET A CORPORATE
E-COMMERCE WEBSITE FOR YOUR PRODUCTS
WEBHOSTING WITH FREE DOMAIN
CUSTOMIZED FORUM,BLOG &BULKSM SET-UP
MOBILE APPS&VIDEO TRAININGS
SCHOOL,HOTEL,OFFICE MANAGEMENT SOFTWARES
@ [url]WWW.AFRICANWEBSERVICE.COM[/url]

BB:7B663F3A

1 Like

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Tallesty1(m): 4:23am On Mar 19, 2015
Nairaland Atheists Be Like.

Thank God I am an Atheistgrin

Atheists do have faith really but it’s obvious that they do not have Christian faith. If they did, they’d be Christians.

Atheists Belief Without Certain Proof and that is a form of faith. They can't prove to me that God doesn't exist same way I cannot do that to them yet we belief in our opinions, that is faith.

An atheist in a bus has no proof that he will reach his destination safely yet he beliefs he will, that is faith.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by GodMode: 4:24am On Mar 19, 2015
michaelwestern:
On the surface it appears that atheists only believe in scientific facts, but when you dig deep you will realise that most of what they believe in requires blind faith.

Take for example the big bang theory, which most atheists believe in. How can a sensible human being believe that chaos created this wonderfully designed earth? how can randomness produce a very complex entity like a human being and other living things. This goes against a law in science that things go from orderliness to disorderliness and not vice versa.

Atheists believe in themselves...

If you're finding it difficult to believe in yourself then you have problem.

Atheism and science are not related..

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by joseph1832(m): 4:27am On Mar 19, 2015
sonOfLucifer:
It takes even more faith to believe a dead Jew took the blame for evil I didn't commit. Who send am?
Glory to Lucifer.
Can you kindly tell your own version why you were cast into hell? All we've been hearing is just one version. As the saying goes "there's always two side to a story".

10 Likes

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by GodMode: 4:28am On Mar 19, 2015
MzNelly:
Atheists are simply confused set of people.

Just because someone is not of the same ideology as you does not mean you should call them "fools".

16 Likes

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by hairyman(m): 4:40am On Mar 19, 2015
I must disagree with you op. It requires faith to be a theist but to be an atheist, absolute knowledge is required. One who is an atheist by faith is as good or bad (depending on who is consulted) as a theist.
One must be an atheist because one knows and understands the lack of existence of God.
Any atheist who does not possess such knowledge has no business being an atheist, in reality he will most likely be a person who has no interest in being saddled by the restrictionss bolstered by religion. He is certainly no freethinker, faith does not permit free thought since even when evidence is made available that nullifies the supremacy of the object of Faith, Faith nullifies it.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Swiftboy(m): 4:40am On Mar 19, 2015
grin
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by charmingeyes(m): 4:50am On Mar 19, 2015
davien:

No,a large number of atheists aren't rationalists...And those that are,don't have to "believe in" anything....you're merely equivocating(exchanging the words) "believe in" instead of "accept" to conjure a resonance of faith...

This is already a fallacy in itself....

Starting by equivocating words to imply faith....you then moved forward to attach your misunderstanding of a scientific theory....

Let us see where this leads to.

In the very same context you're using....it could be said that atheist(more specifcly,the rationalists) also "believe in"(the appropriate term is accept) Newtonian physics....does that magically turn gravity into a belief?

Even so,your dishonest presupposition(pre-concluded assumption) falls apart when you've already said "most atheists"....so you're also generalizing your observation based on a selected group.

Lets proceed.

Tell me what you mean here...because I need you to define your terms here....

And I also question the basis for calling the earth "designed"....what is the determinant of a designed earth?....can you provide or tell me how an undesigned earth would look like...so as to know?

And the reality we share doesn't remotely favour common sense.

Our intuition would tell us that between an egg and a boulder,dropped at the same time and from the same height....that the boulder should hit the ground first(because it's heavier)....but reality differs....

They both hit the ground at the same time(in fact, this is a standard test in physics to demonstrate that our intuitions doesn't matter to any event at play....until demonstrated)

And we've actually witnessed firsthand' the birth of planets and stars from chaotic supernovae...what would you call that?

I doubt any rationalists would say "randomness", but I see perfectly what you're doing...

You're trying to misrepresent the secular position of existence to somehow give your belief a more sane appearance....

The rebuttal I have for this pathetic dishonest misrepresentation is this....

Nature is probabilistic...not entirely random and not entirely ordered,and neither is it neutral(this may shock you ofcourse).....

Lets observe the cell wall....more specificly the semi-permeable membrane....it is a phospholipid bilayer of naturally occuring compounds.

On exposure to water,it's properties(which are determined by the head group and it's chains) form the bilayer by extending its hydrophobic(water dreading) layer in and it's hydrophilic(water loving) layer out...forming the "bilayer" in the process,that keeps the membrane from being permeated by everything(hence the term "semi-permeable"wink

Note that this function operates due to contrasting features that do not go together(i.e the hydrophobic effect)....but because of probabilistic qualities it encounters...it serves as a building block of cells...literally the walls.

I doubt you know the "law" you're talking about, may we know what this law is called and it's full implications....Is it thermodynamics?

Because if it is,you should have known that "order" and "disorder" in thermodynamics are referred to as "entropy" and entropy actually has values(I.e J/k )...and the total entropy of a system is determined by the work(useful energy)....

And since energy isn't created or destroyed(1st law) ....work gets rearranged into different forms(2nd law)....ofwhich one of those forms is matter.... (2nd law)

This is the hypocrisy of it all, after equivocating and misrepresenting everything you can....you then thank those who subscribe to the same faith you do...for support...

Good job, by this rate the well knowledgeable would depart from your religion after witnessing the extents used to retain the belief. smiley

Gosh so tired, it takes much work to expose a lie than to tell it...And I believe I've exposed you quite well...

Anyone willing to know any of this should either go to a noteable school of thought, library , google, etc lol grin

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lipid_bilayer

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/therm/entrop.html

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entropy_%28order_and_disorder%29

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrophobic_effect

I admire ur meticulous use of logical knowledge.

7 Likes

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by PastorOluT(m): 5:01am On Mar 19, 2015
smile, I agree with u op. It takes more faith to believe in evolution etc than to believe someone is behind all these complexity, bt no them athiest would still find reasons for their beliefs (oh sorry is it disbeliefs now, smile).

2 Likes

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by funmo(m): 5:04am On Mar 19, 2015
DIFFERENT STROKES FOR DIFFERENT FOLKS

but it is rather wise if one agrees there is a God, and makes heaven, and afterwards discover there isn't God after all... nothing to lose

THAN

to argue till death that God doesn't exist, and afterwards discover he does, and end up in fire

BUT THE FIRST LADY SUMS IT ALL UP ATHEISTS

"chai... there is Godu o o o..."

7 Likes

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Chrisbenogor(m): 5:07am On Mar 19, 2015
michaelwestern:

Dear Oga,
If you need to know, ask Google. If you still cannot understand then all the science teachers you have had in your life should pay your family back all they spent on your education plus damages.
Way before the big bang theory atheists filled the earth.

4 Likes

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 5:10am On Mar 19, 2015
Not True.

1 Like

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Thebrightest(m): 5:25am On Mar 19, 2015
ok
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 5:26am On Mar 19, 2015
really??
that has to be the stupidest opinion ever, fyi atheism is not a belief system, atheists simply accept the material/natural universe that is obvious to ALL people, no faith required.
it only requires blind faith to believe in an invisible, illogical, easily-angered, baby killing, mass murderer jewish deity and his arabian counterpart .
all it requires is common sense to realize that religion is a scam.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Masterclass32: 5:33am On Mar 19, 2015
So many ideas and theories about God and the universe. Some insinuating that theres no God.

Well am glad my Redeemer is alive. His name is Jesus Christ. We communicate daily. He is God and Creator of all things, both seen and unseen. He is alive forever. All Glory and Honour to Him.

11 Likes

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by ipunchbitches(m): 5:42am On Mar 19, 2015
Religion has actually convinced
people that there's an invisible
man living in the sky who
watches everything you do,
every minute of every day. And
the invisible man has a special
list of ten things he does not
want you to do. And if you do
any of these ten things, he has a
special place, full of fire and
smoke and burning and torture
and anguish, where he will
send you to live and suffer and
burn and choke and scream and
cry forever and ever 'til the end
of time!
But He loves you. He loves you,
and He needs money! He always
needs money! He's all-powerful,
all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-
wise, somehow just can't handle
money!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by udysweet(f): 5:43am On Mar 19, 2015
Oh Ubok Abasi! Nsuto mkpo! Hmmm tis well o,I comment no further
sonOfLucifer:
Glory to Lucifer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Catholic Church Excommunicates Rev. Patrick Edet Who Quit Priesthood / Don't Be A Fine Girl Without Jesus, Pray, Work,slay / Christian Sex.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.