Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,102 members, 7,825,491 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

Atiku: This Is What GEJ And I Discussed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku: This Is What GEJ And I Discussed (1499 Views)

What I Discussed With President Buhari – Gowon / VIDEO What I Discussed With Buhari – Jonathan / What I Discussed With Minister James Ocholi Before Deadly Car Crash – Dino Melay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku: This Is What GEJ And I Discussed by yuzjet(m): 10:42pm On Mar 18, 2015
Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar yesterday recounted his weekend’s meeting with President Goodluck Jonathan. He spoke to Sahara Reporters.

Atiku was quoted as saying that he had retired to bed when he was woken up and told that President Jonathan had come to see him, adding that the president was already waiting in his living room.
Denying that he was asked to head an interim government, the former vice president admitted that Dr. Jonathan tried to prevail on him to rejoin the PDP which he rejected.

He said the president also discussed the ongoing war against Boko Haram, seeking his support for Nigerian troops. He said they also discussed the possibility of displaced Nigerians returning to the areas that have been recaptured from Boko Haram.

Asked by Sahara Reporters whether he thought President Jonathan was interested in allowing elections to hold on March 28, the former vice president hesitated before stating that he would not wish to speculate, but he said the president’s body language did not reveal that he was interested in the polls which are less than two weeks to hold.

Atiku said he had always been opposed to an interim government adding that he did so when former military President Ibrahim Babangida set up an interim national government in 1993. He said he was offered a position in the government through the late Gen. Shehu Yar’Adua, which he rejected. The position, he said was given to Lagos politician Dapo Sarumi.

Atiku said he advised President Jonathan to ensure that the elections were free and fair and devoid of the bloodshed that trailed the 2011 general elections.

Sourced From

Cc:
Seun
Obinoscopy
Ishilove
Re: Atiku: This Is What GEJ And I Discussed by watered(m): 10:47pm On Mar 18, 2015
They should do whatever they like

1 Like

Re: Atiku: This Is What GEJ And I Discussed by bewla(m): 10:54pm On Mar 18, 2015
u try but we they watch our back

1 Like

Re: Atiku: This Is What GEJ And I Discussed by yuzjet(m): 10:54pm On Mar 18, 2015
watered:
They should do whatever they like

And they've been doing that perfectly well. All I know is, something still to comes out from this Atiku and GEJ meeting before election day.
Re: Atiku: This Is What GEJ And I Discussed by watered(m): 10:59pm On Mar 18, 2015
yuzjet:

And they've been doing that perfectly well. All I know is, something still to comes out from this Atiku and GEJ meeting before election day.
I'm just too sure that elections will be shifted again.

1 Like

Re: Atiku: This Is What GEJ And I Discussed by yuzjet(m): 11:02pm On Mar 18, 2015
watered:
I'm just too sure that elections will be shifted again.

Don't be too sure. It'll be damaging!
Re: Atiku: This Is What GEJ And I Discussed by watered(m): 11:04pm On Mar 18, 2015
yuzjet:

Don't be too sure. It'll be damaging!
you wait and see what happens soon
Re: Atiku: This Is What GEJ And I Discussed by yuzjet(m): 11:05pm On Mar 18, 2015
watered:
you wait and see what happens soon

For sure.
Re: Atiku: This Is What GEJ And I Discussed by Nobody: 12:32am On Mar 19, 2015
When it involves Atiku anything can happen
Re: Atiku: This Is What GEJ And I Discussed by Nobody: 1:41am On Mar 19, 2015
Make election hold make we rest.
Re: Atiku: This Is What GEJ And I Discussed by yuzjet(m): 1:45am On Mar 19, 2015
eliment:

That's the main point.
Re: Atiku: This Is What GEJ And I Discussed by yuzjet(m): 1:47am On Mar 19, 2015
dmyke:
Make election hold make we rest.

Hopefully!
Re: Atiku: This Is What GEJ And I Discussed by Nobody: 4:32am On Mar 19, 2015
eliment:
He is surely a nice guy but TRUST is something I can't risk jeopardising whenever he's involved in something undecided
Re: Atiku: This Is What GEJ And I Discussed by yuzjet(m): 8:40am On Mar 19, 2015
IdiAmin1:
He is surely a nice guy but TRUST is something I can't risk jeopardising whenever he's involved in something undecided

Trust! The only thing most politicians lack.

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Is No Mans Land; Igbo To Become Governor B4 Long / Strp Unclad Or Fail Final Year Exams, Says A Professor To Female Student / Oil Marketers Resume Loading Of Petroleum Products As Strike Suspended

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.