Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,659 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

Morning Devotion: Christ- Our Everything 1 Corinthians 1:26-31 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Morning Devotion: Christ- Our Everything 1 Corinthians 1:26-31 (345 Views)

In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? / 1 Corinthians 1:17-31 The Worst Passage In The Bible / Must We All Speak In Tongues? 1 Corinthians 14 Vs 2 To 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Morning Devotion: Christ- Our Everything 1 Corinthians 1:26-31 by graluxxy054(f): 6:36am On Mar 19, 2015
Thomas Shepard (1605-1649) was raised in a godly Puritan home, but while he was attending Cambridge University, he fell into a life of sin. One Sunday morning, when he awoke from a drunken stupor, a heavy weight of sadness over the enormity of his guilt crushed him to the point that he left his former way of life.
For the next 9 months, the fear of God's wrath almost drove him to "run my head against the wall... and kill myself." But while listening to a sermon on 1 Corinthians 1:30, he suddenly realized that Christ was everything he needed- that Jesus had lived the perfect life he couldn't live, had paid for his sins on the cross, and was now his Advocate in heaven.
Commenting on John 1:12, "As many as receive Him, to them he gave the right to become children of God," Shepard wrote, the Lord gave me a heart to receive Christ with a naked hand,... and so the Lord gave me peace."
If you want the peace that only God can give, ask Him to give you a deep awareness of your sinfulness. Then reflect on the wonder of His grace by which He made Jesus Christ everything you need. Finally, either renew the commitment you already have with the Lord, or for the first time receive Jesus as your Savior.
>>> Herbert vander Lugt.

Good Morning!

(1) (Reply)

Annihilationism: An Unbiblical Doctrine / Knowing God / Ernest And Crew Fumigation/cleaning Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.