Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash (30012 Views)

My Sister Got Duped At An ATM Point, Can I Get My Money Back? / RSS Arrests Man Who Uses Nude Pictures Of Female Victims To Blackmail Them / Kidnappers Feed Their Victims With Soft-Drinks And Biscuits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by millhouse: 10:01am On Mar 19, 2015
nice

nairalandbuzz:
[size=16pt]Simple thing...

Use my method.

Block ur Current account on ur ATM and only transfer money to your savings account using mobile or internet banking when you need it and collect from ATM.
[/size]

Talk to your bank, they will do it for you...

1 Like

Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by ednut1(m): 10:02am On Mar 19, 2015
my debit card is always in my office locker. no time
Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by yoged(m): 10:03am On Mar 19, 2015
jnrbayano:
The robbers who try this are not aware a camera is right there above their head.

They may achieve their aim quite alright but will never successfully settle down to eat their loot...
I remembered when an Atm card of my friend was stolen. And #120,000 was withdraw from his account for a period of days ( he doesn't receive alerts via his phone number) . When he saw his statement of account. He was like Wtf. We both went to complained at the bank, evidence shows the money was withdraw at a bank location in Osogbo. We went there, the cctv footage of the days the money was withdraw was played . Behold it was my guy younger brother. grin
Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by Lionhearted: 10:05am On Mar 19, 2015
Why not link two account to a single ATM card? As in current and savings account to a card.

If ever the need arise just select the account having little or no money.
Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by anitank(f): 10:07am On Mar 19, 2015
ceejay80s:

I be one chance victim this january, they collected all my phone , thank God say my ATM card no dey follow me anywhere I go .
The worse part na if it happens on Friday evening, dem go withdraw 150k, Saturday morning 150k, sunday morning 150k, Monday before bank open nko 150k , total= 600k
Omo, I'll just die of high blood pressure cry cry cry
Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by jnrbayano(m): 10:08am On Mar 19, 2015
logica:
...and what is the use of a camera when we don't have a database to match the faces against? Even if they put their faces on the pages of newspapers or TV news, will anybody come forward to identify them?

Someone I know picked up someone's ATM Card, deciphered the pin (I don't know how he did it) and withdrew over 150k from that account.

The owner of the card reported to his bank, they blocked his ATM access and reviewed the pictures/videos from their various ATM points in the state.

Discovering the thief's face from their review (his face didn't match the account owner's face) they alerted the security, and waited for him to return to his newly found goody goody account.

....He ventured and he was caught.

That's the use of the camera.
Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by jnrbayano(m): 10:09am On Mar 19, 2015
yoged:
I remembered when an Atm card of my friend was stolen. And #120,000 was withdraw from his account for a period of days ( he doesn't receive alerts via his phone number) . When he saw his statement of account. He was like Wtf. We both went to complained at the bank, evidence shows the money was withdraw at a bank location in Osogbo. We went there, the cctv footage of the days the money was withdraw was played . Behold it was my guy younger brother. grin

cheesy
Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by Dobxy(m): 10:11am On Mar 19, 2015
GoodBoi1:
What if the pin is 2222?

Then change ur pin to the suitable ones, prevention is better than cure!
Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by logica(m): 10:12am On Mar 19, 2015
jnrbayano:

Someone I know picked up someone's ATM Card, deciphered the pin (I don't know how he did it) and withdrew over 150k from that account.

The owner of the card reported to his bank, they blocked his ATM access and reviewed the pictures/videos from their various ATM points in the state.

Discovering the thief's face from their review (his face didn't match the account owner's face) they alerted the security, and waited for him to return to his newly found goody goody account.

....He ventured and he was caught.

That's the use of the camera.
...and how does this scenario compare to a random act of armed robbery? You expect the armed robbers to return to the ATMs to withdraw money?
Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by shaizegotswag: 10:19am On Mar 19, 2015
Exact thing happened too my younger bro around berger they collected his phone and start withdrawing with my sister ATM we have to call tthe bank to cancel the card if not so
Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by OracleMxNelson(m): 10:31am On Mar 19, 2015
GoodBoi1:
What if the pin is 2222?
why will somebody... an intelligent person... In this Internet generation have 2222 as a password... Why... I would programme the systems to not alert for those types of password... The person should walk with his leg to police station afterwards... Maybe the cctv can help.
Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by Nobody: 10:34am On Mar 19, 2015
dataplus87:
That's bad

I was setup in such instant where all my phones where collected and I was forced to go withdraw with my ATM...I withdraw #20,000 for the hoodlums before i was released

Sorry to ask but was it at gunpoint
Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by StPete: 11:02am On Mar 19, 2015
GoodBoi1:
What if the pin is 2222?

What if the pin is 4224

1 Like

Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by Bants(m): 11:26am On Mar 19, 2015
kilokeys:
In developed countries.. when you are forced to withdraw from ur ATM. all u have to do is enter the reverse of ur pin.. it would dispense cash but alert the police the same very moment..

if ur pin is 1234, enter 4321..

shikena..

Naija we hail theee.. cry#

Edit: my premise has been proven false.. i apologize.. thank y'all for the likes cheesy

it wouldn't be bad if its workable though

What part of the developed country is this cos in the UK it tells you wrong pin mate
Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by Nobody: 11:28am On Mar 19, 2015
kilokeys:
In developed countries.. when you are forced to withdraw from ur ATM. all u have to do is enter the reverse of ur pin.. it would dispense cash but alert the police the same very moment..

if ur pin is 1234, enter 4321..

shikena..

Naija we hail theee.. cry

Edit: my premise has been proven false.. i apologize.. thank y'all for the likes cheesy

it wouldn't be bad if its workable though

ODE..IF them beat you die. I was in sch one day and a guy was beaten for no reason, but after a long process of struggle, he then asked, why they were beating him, here is my wallet, all my cash and they told him they didn't need his money. That he had the muscular strength to rob like them, and they left him there, without taking a thing from him.
Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by manie(m): 11:31am On Mar 19, 2015
goldem:
Commuters that leave early often fall victim of these robbers operating with commercial bus. Prior to the advent of ATM card, they dispossess their victims of their phones, cash and other personal effects. But, what they do now is to collect ATM Cards and Pin of their victims, while the victims are in the bus, they take the cards to the mahine and empty their victims accounts. Another one just happened to a friend this morning, she was picked form Opebi going to maryland but suddenly they changed direction and took her to Adeniyi Jones, ikeja. Her ATM card was collected with the pin while she was held hostage in the bus, one of the robbers went to the ATM and withdrew maximum limit for the day.

What can be done to overcome this crime? What can the banks do to forstall this crime? The use token number to withdraw more than a particular limit a day e.g N20k or some security check should be introduced.

That is why I do not move with my ATM cards that have substantial amount of money in them, the one I move out with usually have a maximum amount of just 50k.
Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by manie(m): 11:37am On Mar 19, 2015
joanprice:
i dey come make i go put my ATM for house

I read in the newspaper about an engineer with NNPC in Abuja, who was robbed and kidnapped by robbers while driving to Lokoja from Abuja. The robbers made a total withdrawal of N1.2 million from his ATM card over a period of about 2 weeks. This occurred in 2012, now what the robber need do is just to transfer money from their victims' account via ATM transfer.
Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by manie(m): 11:39am On Mar 19, 2015
ceejay80s:
I no dey waka about with my atm card, I withdraw the amount wey I need from work and drop my ATM card in my office, even if i no collect enuf money ,I go manage am till the next day, I no go die

Same here, my ATM is always in the office.
Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by manie(m): 11:41am On Mar 19, 2015
eduwando:
My brother fell a victim yesterday morning,one the person that gave them a wrong pin was beating mercilessly,this a new device ,people should stop going out with their ATM cards mostly early morning or late at night,they remove 100k from my brother account ,some people always hav their card with them even when there is no reason for that,keep you ATM card at home when you don t need it

I think it is safer in the office.
Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by manie(m): 11:44am On Mar 19, 2015
ceejay80s:

I be one chance victim this january, they collected all my phone , thank God say my ATM card no dey follow me anywhere I go .
The worse part na if it happens on Friday evening, dem go withdraw 150k, Saturday morning 150k, sunday morning 150k, Monday before bank open nko 150k , total= 600k
Walahi, na death sentence

That is if you are not kidnapped when they see like 1 million Naira balance or more in your account. They will kidnap the account holder until they withdraw every kobo in the account.
Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by manie(m): 11:52am On Mar 19, 2015
Lionhearted:
Why not link two account to a single ATM card? As in current and savings account to a card.

If ever the need arise just select the account having little or no money.

Since 2 accounts ie current and saivings are linked to a single ATM, once you give your pin number to robbers they can easily withdraw from any of the accounts be it current or saving.
Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by lebete3000: 12:31pm On Mar 19, 2015
ceejay80s:

Walahi, na death sentence

Why you sef go mumu wait till they remove all your cash from your account...you should call d customer care once you gain your freedom...except you were held hostage all through..my own main account doesn't even have an atm...I intentionally disabled it to encourage savings so if you wan thief my money you gaz drag me go bank with gun and meet d cashier...

1 Like

Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by lebete3000: 12:33pm On Mar 19, 2015
coogar:

no such system exists, bro.
it has always been a hoax. what if your original PIN is 1221. how would the reverse PIN work with that? if you are forced to withdraw money from ATM, the bank must refund your money.

Refund wetin? Na where you hear dat one? I pray oh
Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by Nobody: 1:04pm On Mar 19, 2015
This is hilarious
Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by bajosky: 2:05pm On Mar 19, 2015
CTDS
(Confirmed Tinubu Deadly Strikers )

#Fasholajoker : these guys are pay rolled confirmed APC fund raisers from ATM account owners.
Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by Bowaley17(m): 2:54pm On Mar 19, 2015
My opinion though...
I think fingerprints should be introduce to the cards. So aside the real owners,it would be useless to any other person.
Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by coolayou(m): 4:04pm On Mar 19, 2015
Mekybliss:
Ndito ino

Da, afo ado anie?
Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by lebete3000: 11:40pm On Mar 22, 2015
StainlessH:
Believe You me i was a victim from ojota to costain on the 15th of January in the early hours like 6:30am was still dark when i was rushing for an appointment. They collected all valuables and took my ATM card and held a bottle of acid over my head as i willing type my pin into their phone, but God Almigth save me as i trick them to be a petty trader and told them lets go to the ATM that i dont have one naira there how they believed embarassed me i can say expect for the grace of God, i had a lot of money above 100k spread across four banks which i had all ATM on my wallet this was mostly clients money for some jobs we were handling currently or about to start. God save mylife and peoples money but my laptop with phones and other valuable worth about 250k left me in seconds and i was viewing it like a movie. But i thank God for life as God has replaced every thing they took. but cant forget me files in my lappy and ex harddisk as i was to travel after the appointment as such was with virtually everything i needed for the trip. undecided

You got valuables worth 250k & you no get ride...na wa 4you sef...you could have been cruising to your workplace by now
Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by Nobody: 2:39am On Mar 23, 2015
lebete3000:

You got valuables worth 250k & you no get ride...na wa 4you sef...you could have been cruising to your workplace by now

I didn't drive because I was traveling out of lag after my appointment. It's not the first or last time I will use a bus due to the nature of my job sir, as I navigate faster because if I meet traffic I can jump down and use a bick, u can't be too careful atimes. This things happen in Lagos even if your trekking.
Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by plendil: 5:49am On Mar 23, 2015
nairalandbuzz:
[size=16pt]Simple thing...

Use my method.

Block ur Current account on ur ATM and only transfer money to your savings account using mobile or internet banking when you need it and collect from ATM.
[/size]

Talk to your bank, they will do it for you...

This has been my practise for years now. My main account cannot be accessed through ATM. while my atmable account contain a max of 20k at any time

1 Like

Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by lebete3000: 1:53pm On Mar 23, 2015
StainlessH:

I didn't drive because I was traveling out of lag after my appointment. It's not the first or last time I will use a bus due to the nature of my job sir, as I navigate faster because if I meet traffic I can jump down and use a bick, u can't be too careful atimes. This things happen in Lagos even if your trekking.

Ok bro...sorry for the loss of your items

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Woman Brutalizes Her Housemaid In Ibadan For 'Stealing Milk' (Graphic Photo) / Shitnaan Maimako Is Dead: Sebastine Maimako, University Of Jos VC's Son Dies / My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.