Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,038 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

Polygamy: Why Men Marry More Wives. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Polygamy: Why Men Marry More Wives. (21832 Views)

Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? / 20 Men Marry 2nd Wives In Zuntu, Kaduna State (Photos) / "Men Should Marry More Than One Wife!" - Kenyan MP's Solution to Prostitution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Polygamy: Why Men Marry More Wives. by Nobody: 12:05am On Mar 20, 2015
eazysally:
if you see an unmarried lady who is in need of a husband and couldn't see meanwhile she is aging and you are able and capable to marry her and make her dream of a motherhood come to a reality, what will you do, won't you marry her

There is something called adoption

1 Like

Re: Polygamy: Why Men Marry More Wives. by basilo101: 12:05am On Mar 20, 2015
Women kicked against legal polygamy, men switched to illegal polygamy, simple!

2 Likes

Re: Polygamy: Why Men Marry More Wives. by Misogynist2014(m): 12:06am On Mar 20, 2015
2CatWoman:
Why don't these men use their spare time and energy to help build a better society using the leadership and authority bestowed on them by their creator??
Re: Polygamy: Why Men Marry More Wives. by Bonapart(m): 12:07am On Mar 20, 2015
Gombs:
vigilante

Can you imagine these Plot of Land buyers? grin

Gridy shidrens
Re: Polygamy: Why Men Marry More Wives. by Misogynist2014(m): 12:08am On Mar 20, 2015
basilo101:
Women kicked against legal polygamy, men switched to illegal polygamy, simple!
In fact, it was today I learnt through eavesdropping on phone call that my parents' has a side chick. grin
Re: Polygamy: Why Men Marry More Wives. by Jbenue: 12:08am On Mar 20, 2015
As long as there is no child marriage, That dirty Senator
Re: Polygamy: Why Men Marry More Wives. by sammyyoung2(m): 12:09am On Mar 20, 2015
Ur story too long ooo

Anyways

GEJ till the remaining 30% of Nigerians way still want am get common sense
Re: Polygamy: Why Men Marry More Wives. by mohammedmagnus: 12:11am On Mar 20, 2015
Sexual urge of some men is just too much, and also the way some ladies just throw themselves at some men this days is something else. My problem is procreating stupidly. This men just want to enjoy THEIR lives regardless of the problem they leave behind. Lastly, people talk of Time management, its not how you manage ur time, its how you manage urself. You go about having 7kids becos of custom and tradition ur a big fool, having 4 wives ("u be hilux" in MI's voice) cos ur now a chevron staff
Re: Polygamy: Why Men Marry More Wives. by sleekman(m): 12:11am On Mar 20, 2015
freecocoa:
I didn't bother reading it but all I know is that, polygamy is selfish, simple.
Sister Lemme Break It Down 4u. High Unemployment= Low Eligible Bachelors. Now Pair This With D Prevalent Low Morals U'll Get Short Cuts 2 Anything. Joining Politics, Get Into Music, Armed Robbery, 419, Aristo, Prostitution, 2nd Wife Etc
Re: Polygamy: Why Men Marry More Wives. by JuanDeDios: 12:15am On Mar 20, 2015
freecocoa:
I didn't bother reading it but all I know is that, polygamy is selfish, simple.
Not always. It can actually be a selfless act.

1 Like

Re: Polygamy: Why Men Marry More Wives. by Nobody: 12:23am On Mar 20, 2015
Jbenue:
As long as there is no child marriage, That dirty Senator

Unfortunately in the Islamic world,polygamy and child marriage are conjoined twin

1 Like

Re: Polygamy: Why Men Marry More Wives. by 2CatWoman: 12:23am On Mar 20, 2015
Misogynist2014:

Why is your head steaming?? I thought African men were authority figures with extra headship options grin
Re: Polygamy: Why Men Marry More Wives. by eazysally: 12:23am On Mar 20, 2015
babyosisi:

There is something called adoption

shocked shocked shocked How can u adopt an old lady who want marriege

1 Like

Re: Polygamy: Why Men Marry More Wives. by femi4: 12:25am On Mar 20, 2015
Polygamy is good...it reduces the population of the left behind

2 Likes

Re: Polygamy: Why Men Marry More Wives. by eazysally: 12:28am On Mar 20, 2015
femi4:
Polygamy is good...it reduces the population of the left behind

Badt guy!!! I gbadu u grin grin
Re: Polygamy: Why Men Marry More Wives. by Misogynist2014(m): 12:30am On Mar 20, 2015
2CatWoman:

Why is your head steaming?? I thought African men were authority figures with extra headship options grin
Actually, I am a one woman man, my dad is monogamous and I think it benefits and has benefited me positively. But I encourage as many men as possible who wish to have even 10 wives to pursue their dream.
Re: Polygamy: Why Men Marry More Wives. by Nobody: 12:30am On Mar 20, 2015
eazysally:

shocked shocked shocked How can u adopt an old lady who want marriege

Chei
Common sense no dey common

2 Likes

Re: Polygamy: Why Men Marry More Wives. by Jbenue: 12:31am On Mar 20, 2015
Its funny how Nigerians dont think. What ever people say the population is growing too fast for the economy, thus more people will be left in poverty. If a rich man eho has 4 children by one woman already takes another wife and has 4 more kids he is selfish as his extra kids will be using services that could otherwise go to another family. If a pooer man has 4 kids and takes another wife has more kids his is an idio.t and selfish he cannot afford to take care of his first progeny yet he goes and inflicts poverty on more innocent souls.
Re: Polygamy: Why Men Marry More Wives. by Nobody: 12:39am On Mar 20, 2015
Misogynist2014:
Actually, I am a one woman man, my dad is monogamous and I think it benefits and has benefited me positively. But I encourage as many men as possible who wish to have even 10 wives to pursue their dream.

I thought about something

If I skills end up with someone like you

Which if never going to happen

Once I realised it is is either we divorce

If that would be impossible

I will gladly put you out of your misery

I can't function when I am restricted at all

And I hold the belief that those who restrict others are monsters not humans

Therefore their lives are no different from sacrificial lambs

Why would anyone do that to another person
Re: Polygamy: Why Men Marry More Wives. by eazysally: 12:57am On Mar 20, 2015
[quote author=babyosisi post=31802639]

Chei
Common sense no dey common[/quote

And some I.diot tink say dem get but dem nono say na vomit dem dey vomit
Re: Polygamy: Why Men Marry More Wives. by eazysally: 12:59am On Mar 20, 2015
babyosisi:

Chei
Common sense no dey common

And some I.diot tink say dem get but dem nono say na vomit dem dey vomit

2 Likes

Re: Polygamy: Why Men Marry More Wives. by Ilekeh(f): 1:15am On Mar 20, 2015
An even more important question is why are these women staying married to cheating men who masquerade themselves as polygamist?

1 Like

Re: Polygamy: Why Men Marry More Wives. by lastpage: 1:21am On Mar 20, 2015
We all jump to conclusions because we dont actually examine the "problem"!

1.) Was man (humans) actually created to be monogamous?
If we were created from that "bang" it mustn't be just a single or small bang..... it must be "banging repeatedly" (joke)

It appears to me, that having more than one mate during a life time, is the innate behaviour of "most" males, even amongst lower animals?
Why do we think "man" should be an exception to this general rule?

2.) Despite "Western ideas" about marriage, Western marriages have failed to succeed at monogamy, as many of them have more than one wife/husband, during their life time!
Why is there a quest and desire to "kpekus" more than one man or more than one woman.... in the life span of a humanbeing? (Serial Monogamy)
Now, you might argue that "divorce and re-marry" is not monogamy but think deeper and you will see that it is actually a worse-form of polygamy as some men/women are rendered "used" ...and it does not really favor a woman to serially marry and re-marry over and over again.
It is just a "legal solution" that deals with the problems associated with "inheritance".... but it does not change from the "practice and fact" of polygamy.

3.) Listening to the Women's day celebration message, facts show that there are more girls in schools nowadays, more women around, more female child births..... more and more women everywhere

Now, l may be wrong but l guess it is the dream of most if not all women, to one day, settle down with their own husband?
if all these women decide to take "one man" to each self, ............or put in the corollary, if all the men decide to take just one woman out of all these women, for themselves...WHAT HAPPENS TO THE TONS OF WOMEN LEFT UNMARRIED ...and who desire to marry and have a family of their own? Tough luck for them, abi?

4.) Is it actually a "Christian Sin" to marry more than one wife?
I have read about "implied statements" like "keep the marriage bed holy" and stuffs like that but l have never seen it anywhere, (except the ADVICE for a "titled christian" to be the husband of one wife. That is specifically addressed to the "tilted" Christian.) where it is said that Polygamy is a sin!
From Abraham the father of nations (if it was a sin, Sarah would not even dream of the idea ...and Abraham would not even concede to it, to marry a second wife), to David the "Apple of Gods eye", to Solomon whom God gave a "blank Cheque to ask for ANYTHING" .... just to mention the THREE MOST-LOVED MEN BY GOD, in the Bible, who were Polygamous and it never stopped or impeded their relationship with God!
So, are we more Holy than any of these three? Abegi, watch your side o! wink

Now, there is an element of selfishness in Polygamy [/b]and not surprisingly, it is the same woman (once she can hook a husband for herself), who thinks what befalls her fellow woman as regards getting married is NOT HER BUSINESS! grin
Like a "prize" a woman wants to keep her her husband to herself ONLY.... No Sharing!! shocked shocked

[b]But instead of women accepting that the "selfishness" is about them, they shift the blame on the men! undecided
They say the man that wants to marry more than one wife is selfish, huh?

BTW; What works for the white man "culturally", may not work for the African man because the "cultural values" that we embrace may be/ is different!
What a white woman values most in a marriage is not necessarily what a Nigerian woman will value the most, in her own marriage!
same with the comparisons of white men and African men!

So, instead of Africans being forced to embrace the ways of the white men as "better", why dont they for once, embrace our own ways... or do we still think we are inferior in EVERYTHING, even in marriage values?

In summary, l think what ever "pleasure or woes" that is found in a polygamous marriage... is also found in some monogamous marriage.... just that the "enemy chosen' may be different! grin
Just name it, from STI's, to hate, envy, avarice, jealousy, murder, e.t.c.... if it is not the other wife, it is the husbands sister or the Mother-in-law, e.t.c

Okay now, if my wife reads this post, she would start a "big discussion" tomorrow! grin

Lastpage!

10 Likes

Re: Polygamy: Why Men Marry More Wives. by desmondblaze(m): 1:49am On Mar 20, 2015
Play Safe Always

Do You Know You Can Start Earning #3,000 - #5,000 Daily Doing Simple Tasks From Your Computer??
Visit http://profitsng.com/Daily.htm For Real Proofs and details.
Re: Polygamy: Why Men Marry More Wives. by tintingz(m): 2:44am On Mar 20, 2015
Polygamy is good for many reasons. smiley
Re: Polygamy: Why Men Marry More Wives. by tintingz(m): 2:48am On Mar 20, 2015
edwife:

Anyone can be infected by STIs as long as you are actively sexual,even when faithful.Some STIs are spread by contact with infected blood or MouthAction.
Well said jare. smiley
Re: Polygamy: Why Men Marry More Wives. by tintingz(m): 2:51am On Mar 20, 2015
babyosisi:
AIDS is real
That should be enough reason to end polygamy
Listen to the children
Lol... even men in monogamous marriage have STIs.
Re: Polygamy: Why Men Marry More Wives. by Nobody: 2:52am On Mar 20, 2015
Too long. Did not read.
Re: Polygamy: Why Men Marry More Wives. by folaberinjo: 2:53am On Mar 20, 2015
Grendel:
My humble opinion, polygamy or monogamy or plentygamy or even, singlegamy all depends on individual and what will makes one happy.

If you have one wife and you are happy I don't think you will look for more trouble.
wink
so why looking for more trouble?
Re: Polygamy: Why Men Marry More Wives. by AreaFada2: 3:09am On Mar 20, 2015
The sooner people accept that men are polygamous by nature, the better.

If ploygamy becomes illegal or women start making too much noise about it, lots of men will just stop marrying and have several lovers.

Women need the tag of "Mrs" than a man needs marriage.

Men who are GENUINELY monogamous do so out of principle.

In the West where polygamy is illegal, adultery is probably the most common cause of divorce.

So despite the severe consequences of divorce on men's part, they still play away.
Lots of women in monogamous relationships cheat too.

So Western monogamy is not all it has been cracked up to be.

With about 50% divorce rate, it has failed honestly.

Btw I grew up in a monogamous home.
Re: Polygamy: Why Men Marry More Wives. by Nobody: 4:27am On Mar 20, 2015
eazysally:
if you see an unmarried lady who is in need of a husband and couldn't see meanwhile she is aging and you are able and capable to marry her and make her dream of a motherhood come to a reality despite you are already married, what will you do, won't you marry her

Are you the saviour of the world of girls?
Whats your business with her.
Re: Polygamy: Why Men Marry More Wives. by unmask: 4:35am On Mar 20, 2015
the wisest man that ever lived had 600 wives......he showed why polygamy is good

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? / My Wife Has Turned Me Into A Punching Bag – Abuja Man Cries Out / Meet The Couple Who Won N1m In Who Wants To Be A Millionaire Valentine Edition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.