Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,611 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

2015 Elections: Power Of Incumbency Under A Threat? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 Elections: Power Of Incumbency Under A Threat? (542 Views)

Radio Biafra And Nnamdi Kanu: A Threat to Nigeria's Stability. / Elections And The Abuse Of The Powers Of Incumbency / Power Of Incumbency: A Burden On Nigeria's Democracy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2015 Elections: Power Of Incumbency Under A Threat? by dein77(m): 10:11am On Mar 19, 2015
I'm already looking at the political structure and future of Nigeria beyond 2015; that's where the main political framework that's being cropped up now will peak. To say the truth, I'm really happy and fulfilled seeing the current administration being forced to work really hard to curry the favour of the people. Its obvious it can no longer assume everything is under control. This is an example of the beauty of a formidable and virile opposition( though sometimes I view the APC as nothing more than a conspiracy more interested in grabbing power at all cost rather than a party determined to do more than the current PDP-led administration). This is how nations progress and move forward.

After the APC must have finished its campaigns, and given the momentum it carries- at least on social media, can we totally rule out the power of the incumbent? An APC victory will definitely bring a new twist to the power of the incumbent..or power of incumbency, and forge into the consciousness of our politicians that utmost performance and endearment to the people is the ONLY guarantee to a continue stay in the office. Isn't that beautiful?

The incumbent, in politics, is the current holder of a political office. In general, incumbents have structural advantages over challengers during elections. They have the instruments of state working for them; they have more funds, etc.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incumbent

Its my opinion, that despite the formidable opposition the APC is and has become, and despite its popularity and fame, it will be totally naïve to rule out the power of the incumbent!

What's your say? Do you agree?

(1) (Reply)

No Plan To Sack Workers In Osun – APC / The Results Of March 28 Presidential Poll Will Shock Gej And Pdp . / Should FG Rebuild The Northern States Affected By Bokoharam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.