Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,983 members, 7,835,297 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

Buhari’ll Restore Hope To Nigeria, Says Utomi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’ll Restore Hope To Nigeria, Says Utomi (726 Views)

I Don’t Know What Buhari Should Do, I’ve Stopped Advising People –pat Utomi / Buhari Has Plunged Nigerian Economy Into Recession Says Utomi / Buhari’ll Fight Corruption Like I Did —guinea President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari’ll Restore Hope To Nigeria, Says Utomi by tp10: 10:39am On Mar 19, 2015
Renowned Political economist, Prof. Pat Utomi, has urged Igbos and Nigerians at large to vote for the All Progressives Congress presidential candidate, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), whom he said would restore hope to Nigeria.

Utomi, who is a founding member of the Ndigbo Lagos group, said Igbos have been branded as people who sell their votes to the highest bidder. He, therefore, urged the people of the South-East to vote wisely in order to shed this reputation.

Utomi said this during the unveiling of a Pan-Igbo group, Igboekulie, in Lagos on Wednesday.

While fielding questions from journalists at the event, he said Buhari’s ascendancy can be likened to what happened in the United States in 1981 when the Americans were disenchanted with the Jimmy Carter administration with inflation as high as 29 per cent.

He added that it took the oldest man to run for Presidency in the United States, Ronald Reagan, to turn things around and revive the American spirit.

He said, “I think Nigerians don’t have any alternative in the person of Gen. Muhammadu Buhari. I refer to him from my writings as the Buhari ascendancy. That reminds me of what happened in the US when I lived there with President Ronald Reagan.”

“We had one wonderful, nice guy called Jimmy Carter as President. Things went so awfully wrong. Inflation was 29 per cent.”
http://www.punchng.com/politics/buharill-restore-hope-to-nigeria-says-utomi/
Re: Buhari’ll Restore Hope To Nigeria, Says Utomi by tp10: 10:39am On Mar 19, 2015
correct endorsement
Re: Buhari’ll Restore Hope To Nigeria, Says Utomi by Mayor21(m): 10:42am On Mar 19, 2015
Restore which hope?? intead he'll nigeria backward....
Re: Buhari’ll Restore Hope To Nigeria, Says Utomi by Mayor21(m): 10:43am On Mar 19, 2015
tp10:
correct endorsement
u sef
Re: Buhari’ll Restore Hope To Nigeria, Says Utomi by suwailad(f): 10:45am On Mar 19, 2015
Even Utomi endorses Buhari. Just watch how 'our TANoid kids' will start insulting Utomi. It's not their fault many of them are very young and don't know Utomi.
Re: Buhari’ll Restore Hope To Nigeria, Says Utomi by tp10: 10:45am On Mar 19, 2015
Mayor21:

u sef

yes na correct one o, no be all those touts.
Re: Buhari’ll Restore Hope To Nigeria, Says Utomi by richybanky(m): 10:48am On Mar 19, 2015
Can't wait for Mar 28 to come and cast my vote for Mr Integrity...
God bless Nigeria
Re: Buhari’ll Restore Hope To Nigeria, Says Utomi by Mayor21(m): 10:49am On Mar 19, 2015
tp10:

yes na correct one o, no be all those touts.
u create topic, u 4 liv d 1st spot 4 me na.. Ah ahn...
Re: Buhari’ll Restore Hope To Nigeria, Says Utomi by Acekidc4(m): 10:50am On Mar 19, 2015
Well Said PROF!!!
Re: Buhari’ll Restore Hope To Nigeria, Says Utomi by size40: 11:02am On Mar 19, 2015
Good talk by Pat utomi. so many of my brothers and sisters in my home state, Rivers state are asking why am supporting APC and Buhari. First, I told them that Governor Amaechi has done well which they all accepted. secondly, I told them that in all honesty that GEJ failed us which they also accepted too. But they will still vote for him. But when I asked them d reasons for still wanting to vote GEJ, they said he is from Niger Delta. There and then, I told them that governance is a serious issue and not brotherly thing. If GEJ is my brother and could not perform, and there is this Igbo man whom I know has the ability to perform and deliver the goods, won't I support him?

1 Like

Re: Buhari’ll Restore Hope To Nigeria, Says Utomi by danielmasarro: 11:09am On Mar 19, 2015
Buhari should restore his health first before talking about restoring hope in Nigeria..Prof Pat how sure are you u've not sold your vote to APC?GEJ till 2019
Re: Buhari’ll Restore Hope To Nigeria, Says Utomi by tp10: 11:41am On Mar 19, 2015
front page torii
Re: Buhari’ll Restore Hope To Nigeria, Says Utomi by Olaolufred(m): 11:59am On Mar 19, 2015
I VOTED FOR YOU BEFORE.

I VOTED FOR YOU IN 2007, WAS ROOTING FOR YOU IN 2011, BUT YOUR NOT CONTESTING MADE ME YIELD TO PRESSURE OF VOTING THE CLUELESS ONE.

YOU ARE THE BETTER BRAIN WHICH SOUTH SOUTH HAS, ONLY FOR GOOFLUCK TO COME AND BLOW AWAY THE CHANCES OF MANY OTHERS FROM NIGER DELTA.

SIR, I WILL WANT YOUR HELP IN A MINISTERIAL POSITION AS WE TRY TO SALVAGE THE DAMAGE DONE BY THIS WICKED President Jonathan.

SAI BUHARI.
Re: Buhari’ll Restore Hope To Nigeria, Says Utomi by dein77(m): 12:10pm On Mar 19, 2015
size40:
Good talk by Pat utomi. so many of my brothers and sisters in my home state, Rivers state are asking why am supporting APC and Buhari. First, I told them that Governor Amaechi has done well which they all accepted. secondly, I told them that in all honesty that GEJ failed us which they also accepted too. But they will still vote for him. But when I asked them d reasons for still wanting to vote GEJ, they said he is from Niger Delta. There and then, I told them that governance is a serious issue and not brotherly thing. If GEJ is my brother and could not perform, and there is this Igbo man whom I know has the ability to perform and deliver the goods, won't I support him?

Story storyyy stooooorrrrrryyy
Re: Buhari’ll Restore Hope To Nigeria, Says Utomi by tp10: 7:51pm On Mar 19, 2015
Mayor21:
Restore which hope?? intead he'll nigeria backward....

se 220to a dollar na foward

(1) (Reply)

Emir Of Buhari's Hometown Pledges Support To Jonathan / PDP Will Turn Lagos Into A War Zone – APC / Spill Blood If Necessary: Decamped Rivers State Deputy Governor Ikuru

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.