Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,490 members, 7,850,697 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:39 AM

Does Waking Up As Early As 5am Daily Affects A Baby's Health? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does Waking Up As Early As 5am Daily Affects A Baby's Health? (1151 Views)

Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read / What Can I Do To Let My Wife Wake Up Early? / Waking Up With Three Unexplained Scratches On My Body (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Waking Up As Early As 5am Daily Affects A Baby's Health? by nickxtra(m): 12:07pm On Mar 19, 2015
This is troubling me, but my wife sees nothing wrong with my 10 months old baby waking up on her own as early as 5.00AM? She was not like that before until recently, but seems she has made it a routine now, because that's the exact time her mum wakes up to prepare for work. Is it bad to the baby's health for her to wake up as early as that time?
Re: Does Waking Up As Early As 5am Daily Affects A Baby's Health? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Mar 19, 2015
Its nothing...just make sure she gets at least 10hours of sleep every night and that she doesn't skip siesta.
Re: Does Waking Up As Early As 5am Daily Affects A Baby's Health? by Nobody: 12:37pm On Mar 19, 2015
How does she look like when she wakes up:

Happy and energized or tired and cranky?

If it's the latter, there's a call for a concern. But if it's the former, then you propably have no early rising issues.
Re: Does Waking Up As Early As 5am Daily Affects A Baby's Health? by blank(f): 12:45pm On Mar 19, 2015
What time does she sleep?
Re: Does Waking Up As Early As 5am Daily Affects A Baby's Health? by edwife(f): 1:03pm On Mar 19, 2015
Nothing unusual,she is even nice.Some babies stay up all night and sleep all through the day.

The older they get,they tend to change the routine.Just make sure she is well fed that's all. smiley
Re: Does Waking Up As Early As 5am Daily Affects A Baby's Health? by nickxtra(m): 2:22pm On Mar 19, 2015
almostFamous:
Its nothing...just make sure she gets at least 10hours of sleep every night and that she doesn't skip siesta.
Every night or day? My baby like playing and does sleep till between 6 and 7 pm, even sometimes 9pm, although she normally sleep in the day time
Re: Does Waking Up As Early As 5am Daily Affects A Baby's Health? by nickxtra(m): 2:22pm On Mar 19, 2015
almostFamous:
Every night or day? My baby likes playing and does not sleep till between 7 and 8 pm, even sometimes 10pm, although she sleeps well in the day time.
Re: Does Waking Up As Early As 5am Daily Affects A Baby's Health? by nickxtra(m): 2:26pm On Mar 19, 2015
edwife:
Nothing unusual,she is even nice.Some babies stay up all night and sleep all through the day.

The older they get,they tend to change the routine.Just make sure she is well fed that's all. smiley
ok, thanks
Re: Does Waking Up As Early As 5am Daily Affects A Baby's Health? by nickxtra(m): 2:28pm On Mar 19, 2015
blank:
What time does she sleep?
Of recent, between 8 and 9pm and at times 10pm
Re: Does Waking Up As Early As 5am Daily Affects A Baby's Health? by nickxtra(m): 2:31pm On Mar 19, 2015
Aprime:
How does she look like when she wakes up:

Happy and energized or tired and cranky?

If it's the latter, there's a call for a concern. But if it's the former, then you propably have no early rising issues.
In good mood, at times clapping her hands, signifying prayer. We always hold prayer session with her when she is awake
Re: Does Waking Up As Early As 5am Daily Affects A Baby's Health? by blank(f): 2:39pm On Mar 19, 2015
nickxtra:
Of recent, between 8 and 9pm and at times 10pm

10months old? shocked

My 2 year old still sleeps by 7pm and by then he is so fagged out. He sleeps for 1 hr in the afternoon and wakes up every morning without fail by 5am. 10pm is too late for a baby IMO.

Sometimes, babies fight sleep. They will be running around like energy bunnies but they are really sleepy and need to be put down for a nap. Unlike adults, they do not just go and sleep because they are sleepy, they need you to put them down to bed. My advice is to not allow her sleep more than 2 hrs in the afternoon and ensure she has her nap early like around noon. In the night, maybe around 8pm put her down for her night sleep and ensure she is quiet. From there, she will sleep off.

I like 5am as a waking up time as it helps to get used to Lagos way of life. Just ensure she gets enough sleep in between.
Re: Does Waking Up As Early As 5am Daily Affects A Baby's Health? by nickxtra(m): 2:45pm On Mar 19, 2015
blank:

10months old? shocked

My 2 year old still sleeps by 7pm and by then he is so fagged out. He sleeps for 1 hr in the afternoon and wakes up every morning without fail by 5am. 10pm is too late for a baby IMO.

Sometimes, babies fight sleep. They will be running around like energy bunnies but they are really sleepy and need to be put down for a nap. Unlike adults, they do not just go and sleep because they are sleepy, they need you to put them down to bed. My advice is to not allow her sleep more than 2 hrs in the afternoon and ensure she has her nap early like around noon. In the night, maybe around 8pm put her down for her night sleep and ensure she is quiet. From there, she will sleep off.

I like 5am as a waking up time as it helps to get used to Lagos way of life. Just ensure she gets enough sleep in between.
You nailed it. Thanks
Re: Does Waking Up As Early As 5am Daily Affects A Baby's Health? by greatgod2012(f): 2:54pm On Mar 19, 2015
Once your baby wakes up energetic and happy,as well as having atleast 10hours sleep, there is no cause for alarm.
Re: Does Waking Up As Early As 5am Daily Affects A Baby's Health? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Mar 19, 2015
nickxtra:
Every night or day? My baby likes playing and does not sleep till between 7 and 8 pm, even sometimes 10pm, although she sleeps well in the day time.
when ur baby wakes up feeling cranky and crying unnecessarily,then she hasn't had enough sleep. But when she wakes up with a smile on her face,then know that she slept well. That's why siesta is very necessary. Worry less

1 Like

Re: Does Waking Up As Early As 5am Daily Affects A Baby's Health? by nickxtra(m): 10:36am On Mar 20, 2015
almostFamous:
when ur baby wakes up feeling cranky and crying unnecessarily,then she hasn't had enough sleep. But when she wakes up with a smile on her face,then know that she slept well. That's why siesta is very necessary. Worry less
Thanks
Re: Does Waking Up As Early As 5am Daily Affects A Baby's Health? by gidjah(m): 10:08pm On Mar 20, 2015
how many kids wake up daily with smiles?my 5yr old daughter get woken up by her mama at 5am,u wil observe dat her sleep wasnt ok,she has suddenly lost weight now,n we al r not hapy about dat
Re: Does Waking Up As Early As 5am Daily Affects A Baby's Health? by blank(f): 9:30am On Mar 21, 2015
I believe for kids that early to bed, early to rise. I would rather they sleep early and wake up early than them sleeping late and waking up early.

(1) (Reply)

How Many Couples can Do This At Their Age? / What Is The Ideal Age Difference For Spouse? / A Friend's Kind Gesture To A Stranger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.