Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,967 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

FAAN Recruitment 2015 - My Tales Of Woe Part 1 - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / FAAN Recruitment 2015 - My Tales Of Woe Part 1 (689 Views)

Mountain Top University (MTU) Recruitment 2015 (MFM UNIVERSITY) / Throw Back Pic Of Tales By Moonlight. / 2015: My Five-point Agenda, By Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

FAAN Recruitment 2015 - My Tales Of Woe Part 1 by naira0(m): 1:37pm On Mar 19, 2015
[b] Got the highest insult of my life yesterday at the Enugu center, Federal
Road Safety Command, Udi, where I was scheduled for interview with
Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria.

I got a text on 17th March, 2014 inviting me over and I swiftly honored
the invitation. On my arrival at the Enugu center, numbers were
assigned to us according to our order of arrival. But afterwards, the
FRSC men started their own private selection by introducing their loved ones who had no numbers, thereby distorting the number system earlier implemented. But that did not upset me until when my group was supposed to go for the screening process. Time check was past 5pm and all of a sudden a list came out from nowhere and candidates were invited in batches to check the list. There were people who couldn't find there names despite their high score, others who did find theirs but scored lower than 70% were asked to leave the compound. This became more frustrating having witnessed tons of candidates who didn't pass too comfortably but who had been screened earlier that same yesterday. Well, having come that far, nobody was willing to leave. We decided to hang around to see how it all plays out.

Later on, the FRSC officers devised strategies and forcefully pushed us out of the compound. I was the first casualty of this unfair treatment as FRSC officials treated me like a complete tout. After a little protest, I acted the gentleman and quietly left the compound. I was outside when I saw others who had been physically harassed, and a few others taken to their cell, by FRSC officers probably acting on their own authority, doing what the interview coordinators never instructed them to do.

Sadly, the FRSC Commander, Mrs Emeordi gladly watched events
unfold as her officers physically harassed innocent candidates. Men
and women were thrown out of the compound like criminals. Remember it was the FRSC officers doing all this. Never did we hear from the main coordinators or officials of FAAN. We didn't even see any of them with our eyes.

I didn't want to spend another night at Enugu so I had to risk my life
again and travelled back to Owerri that same night. I got to my house
by past 10pm. Many were and are still stranded.

There so many questions to be asked here.

1. Is the FRSC now an extension of FAAN? Is the Minister using his
powers as an ex-marshall to impose FRSC men on FAAN recruitment
process? At present I'm confused which organization we actually intend to work for. Please he should be asked what road business has got to do with Aviation.

2. The pass mark for the test was clearly stated as 50% how come the
FRSC officers ordered candidates who scored less than 70% to leave.

In summary, this recruitment process has been anything but
transparent, its indeed the worst of its kind in recent time. It has been
marred by so many pitfalls and doesn't show any form of transparency from the Goodluck Ebele Jonathan led administration. I just can't believe that in 2015 Nigerian graduates were thrown out of a
recruitment exercise without regard by uniformed FRSC officers.
[/b]
Re: FAAN Recruitment 2015 - My Tales Of Woe Part 1 by dayjee: 2:04pm On Mar 19, 2015
That's Nigeria for u my broda........only GOD can help the youths of this country.
Re: FAAN Recruitment 2015 - My Tales Of Woe Part 1 by Ngasky(m): 2:20pm On Mar 19, 2015
What a shame
Re: FAAN Recruitment 2015 - My Tales Of Woe Part 1 by Seun(m): 5:36pm On Mar 19, 2015

(1)

How Many Of You Played This? / Quote For The Day / Buhari To Visit Niger And Chad Over Boko Haram.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.