Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,865 members, 7,813,953 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:34 PM

Here Are A Few Tips For Job Searching - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Here Are A Few Tips For Job Searching (574 Views)

20 Things To Observe When Searching For Job / Are You Looking For A Job Or Know Someone Job Searching? / Job Searching: How You Do / Did It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Here Are A Few Tips For Job Searching by change101: 8:46pm On Jan 17, 2009
In this year 2009 we can see that it's going to be a extremely challenging year to find a job. There are some things you can do to tip the scales in your favor, some that are obvious and some that are not.

No matter who we might want to point the finger at if you are looking for a job keep focused on that, Job hunting and let the past be the past.

The easiest to say, but the hardest to do is stay positive.

I had a friend about a year ago who worked for a company 22 years, just like that it was all gone and it was because the company was sold. He was a office clerk for a furniture warehouse, anyway felling depressed i told him Juan, take a look at who is still working. I pointed out to him that the carpet cleaners at the warehouse were still employed.

In short, Juan bought a few carpet cleaning machines, got a few accounts and now a year is making more than before. The point is if I let Juan continue to stew over the situation instead of pointing out some of the positives that still exists he might still be unemployed and maybe broke.

Here are a few tips for Job Searching,

Check careerbuilder.com and see where the demand is

Consider working part-time in that field to see how you fit

Of course play the numbers - lots of resumes

Look around your area and see who and what jobs are still working, you may find a new career

If you stay busy you will not have time to lament the past and all the negatives you could dwell on. The library is FREE and is loaded with information. Now with the Internet at most library's I would think business would be brisk

(1) (Reply)

A Must Read For All Job-seekers / Easy Link Concept International Is Helping Lives Financially! Hurry Up / Latest Job Vacancies Read Dis!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.